Mini 847 Murder in Zachtown (Game over!)

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:45 am

Post by Haylen »

Lurking is a null tell. And check out my sig, me and Mae formed a group. It's for people who don't lurk they just dont post, and yet get get attacked for it anyway.

People probably arent voting for me because they see that I have valid reasons for not posting. And the other explanations like being busy? Yeah, I have proof of that too. I've been working on this: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12539 And before when I was busy:

Bloodlust Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 07#1911907. Pomegranate remembering me saying i was busy in another game.

Swine Flu Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 61#1883361. Me saying im gonna be v/la due to being very busy.

Newbie 825: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 37#1907537. Explaining why I hadn't posted yet, in Vi's newbie game.

Open 167: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 91#1866491. The big one. Your own interpretation of me being busy through a game, in fact it was your game.

There are more in games that haven't been finished yet, but if you like I will send you those links aswell?

I'm also in the process of writing a book that I intend on getting published...bet you didn't know that one, BM :P
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:10 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Haylen, while I have been giving you the benifit of the doubt for a while, it just seems every post is an excuse as to why you can't post now rather than scum hunting or giving your opinions.

All these posts of yours making excuses could have been better used giving us your opinions or at least trying to catch up.

unvote
vote: Haylen

I now believe it is nothing more than stall tatics with the deadline fast approaching.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:13 am

Post by Zachrulez »

10th vote count of day 2:

DTMaster - 3 (Yellowbunny, DTMaster, Nikanor)
Haylen - 3 (Sotty7, Vi, JasonT1981)
JasonT1981 - 1 (hitogoroshi)
Nikanor - 1 (Haylen)
Vi - 1 (Battle Mage)

Not voting (Maemuki, KittyMo)

With 11 alive it's 6 to lynch.

If I made any mistakes, let me know asap.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:18 am

Post by Haylen »

Did you even look at those links? Your post is rediculous. I used the post above to defend myself and do you not remember me posting on the last page asking for people to make direct questions at me?

Yeah, I play rottenly as town. I just cant seem to be able to scumhunt properly, I'm a lot better at defending myself. Call me useless, but I don't really care. I'm thinking of leaving anyway, after I've completed all my games and the one im about to mod. Im finishing them all and then deciding what to do from there.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:53 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Sotty7 wrote: It's all about timing and the feel of the vote. Looking back at the lead up to your vote BM was all over Jason and he was getting increasingly annoyed. Rather than post and prod him, asking for reasoning you
jumped
on him with a vote
compounding
the situation. Hence opportunistic. It's like you didn't want an explanation, just more reaction from Jason who would just keep digging in his hole.

I could be blinded by the meta that I have on Jason, but I know his play can be and often is easily manipulated by scum. However, the fact I am not the only player feeling your vote as opportunistic makes me think I have hit the nail on the head.
Here I'll admit I committed the economist's fallacy - "assume every involved entity is rational." From a logical point of view, a townie should not be able to dig themselves into a hole, with the sole exception of accidentally claiming their PR. Thus I felt justified in arguing the inverse: anyone digging themselves into a hole are scum, and, following such, I freely admit that my intention was to have Jason 'keep digging his hole'. But this game has taught me that I certainly can't assume rationality as blithely as I have.
jasonT1981 wrote: While his vote was before mine, I outlined my reasons for voting Hito pointing out how scummy he had become.
Wait wait wait wait wait. We're talking about this post? (This seems the best compromise between quoting that monstrosity and doing a DTM-look for yourself.) That post is blatant OMGUS. I addressed that in the post immediately after, and that hasn't been a point of contention, at all. The objection that has been raised (and I'll admit, the objection I find myself agreeing with) is that OMGUS, while a strictly scummy tool in theory, can easily be attributable to an emotional townie. But you're arguing that it's not OMGUS at all? That transcends town-tell and scum-tell entirely; it's more of an unaware-of-the-proceedings tell. Do you not understand the significance of Sotty posting your meta, and the point she has been arguing in your case?
yellowbunny wrote: Have you come to a conclusion about Jason yet?
I'll put it this way -
unvote.
I most certainly don't agree with Sotty's interpretation of the meta that Jason, as scum, suddenly becomes a lot more calm-headed and rational. But after reading his meta I do agree that Jason will attack his attacker regardless of role.
So the only person you noticed him doing this to (prior than you) was BM? Your argument boils down to you thought you noticed a trend of OMGUSing...but one instance doesn't make very much of a trend.
Which would be exactly why I took the initiative and voted him myself, rather than simply saying "I think I see you OMGUSing."

Vi wrote:]I'm bitterly amused that you bothered to pay lip service to
thinking about
finding scum.
Okay, I'm going to try to write this post without yelling. Your posts are one-sentence little incendiary affairs, usually open-ended questions that are loaded with an assumption. If I don't respond to them, you're being "noticeably ignored." The thing is, to respond, I must disarm the assumption (which is usually semantics; we all know how short that is :roll:) and then respond to the question, usually by finding quotes and such to cite. So you write a sentence that doesn't require looking back, and I have to respond with paragraph(s) that I have to look back into the topic to find quotes for. You alone make it so that I must invest more time in mafiascum than you, and then you are accusing me of not pro-actively scumhunting beyond that. Look at my response to YB above. That was a very simple, non-aggressive question that I could answer in a sentence. Trust me, I want to pro-actively scum hunt more than you want me to - but my first priority is always to answer questions posed to me, and if you continually pose these kinds of questions to me I'm going to continue to answer them at the expense of pro-active...ness.
hitogoroshi 908 wrote:And your second sentence is completely a school-yard taunt. I say I'm going to read the meta, you respond with "HAHA, you're waiting to pass final judgment until
you read the information provided
everyone else makes the decision for you?
I susepcted as much."
Fixed.
See this is exactly what I'm talking about. You are in effect, insulting me and calling me a liar with absolutely no proof, inkling, or really anything. This probably took you twenty seconds to do. Were you to post some reason why you believed I wasn't reading the meta, I could respond to it. But this? I have to explain the fallacy in your post, and I have to do so politely, and all of this takes TIME.
We don't need an extension; we need to get on the ball and agree to
lynch
someone - preferably scum, i.e. the people I outlined earlier.
That means the people not voting or wasting their votes on people who aren't getting lynched (Haylen and hito - oh wait) should at least
pretend
they're interested in finding/killing scum.
Once again.

I don't quite understand why the hate is on Haylen moreso than Kitty, DTM, Nik, Mae, BM, etc. There are a lot of lurkers (from a content perspective) to pick from in this game, and no matter how much of a scumtell you think it is you still need something else to distinguish them.

With all of the questions posed to me I think I have the right to ask a couple.

@Vi: What is your view on unsubstantiated votes? And - trust me, there is a reason for this - what is
my
view?

@Nikanor: Aside from DTM, who else would you want to see lynched, and why?

@BM: In your opinion, which players have the most aggregate good will from the rest of the town? Which players have the least?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:48 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I will reply to Hito, when I sober up.. too much damn vodka in my system and am singing loudly. :D
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:56 am

Post by Nikanor »

I will respond to hito once Vi makes a tl;dr version of it. :P

Also, stop asking me the same bloody questions. hito, I've already said who I'd like lynched.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:41 am

Post by Vi »

Nikanor 931 wrote:I will respond to hito once Vi makes a tl;dr version of it. :P
tl;dr I use many words and take a lot of time, therefore I am smarter than you and therefore more Town than you.

Or if you want the unstuffed version.

On jason:
Oops, can't go anywhere with this. Unvote.

On scumhunting:
Vi is pointing out that I'm not scumhunting. This is not worded as a question (because there is no question to be asked) therefore I must defend myself instead of giving an Obama-style answer that sounds good and is not terribly controversial. This requires me to make a large post that
does not actually fix any problems
in order to defend against a one-line accusation, which is clearly more burdensome than it should be
and not at all because I would have to fabricate instances of previous or future scumhunting

On scumhunting under pressure:
I
cannot scumhunt
(read this again) because I am too busy claiming that your statements are loaded and unfair. (Loaded, yes. Unfair, no.)
Therefore, the more you accuse me of not scumhunting the more I'm not going to scumhunt.
hito 929 wrote:See this is exactly what I'm talking about. You are in effect, insulting me and calling me a liar with absolutely no proof, inkling, or really anything. This probably took you twenty seconds to do. Were you to post some reason why you believed I wasn't reading the meta, I could respond to it. But this? I have to explain the fallacy in your post, and I have to do so politely, and all of this takes TIME.
First, politeness isn't particularly a factor to me. Unless you're an X alt, you may as well speak your mind.
Second, how exactly do you want me to
prove
that you are or are not reading those links? I simply didn't think to install the keylogger on your computer at the time; don't hold that against me.
In addition, the crossout in the fixed quote was where you put words in my mouth. I don't expect you to read games you weren't in and get anything particularly material out of it as it relates to meta. I've tried it before even in this game; it doesn't work.
Last, you suggested that I give a reason why I didn't think you were reading the meta. But you'll notice that all through the game I've been calling you on active lurking and not scumhunting. Why on earth would you put forth TIME to start now? Your statement "I'm going to read the meta" in practice means exactly what I said in the fixed quote - you try to look through it, you get a vague idea that what's being presented might be true, the issue goes away on its own, and if you're scum you've just burned two or three days until deadline.
hito 929 wrote:I don't quite understand why the hate is on Haylen moreso than Kitty, DTM, Nik, Mae, BM, etc. There are a lot of lurkers (from a content perspective) to pick from in this game, and no matter how much of a scumtell you think it is you still need something else to distinguish them.
Considering me AND Nikanor have posted why the hate is on Haylen versus, say, Battle Mage, you certainly should.
DTMaster is also on the scumlist.
Maemuki is a claimed Tracker.
KittyMo has at least
done something
other than make excuses for why she can't post.
hito 929 wrote:@Vi: What is your view on unsubstantiated votes? And - trust me, there is a reason for this - what is my view?
That depends on whether the substantiation exists (although it doesn't have to be revealed immediately) and how opportunistic the vote is.
Unsubstantiated votes are almost the only kind Battle Mage uses, for instance. I don't find them scummy coming from him because 60% of the time I can tell where he's coming from, the rest of the time I give him a weird look and call him a wannabe mage, and we all get to see some fun reactions.
Your view on unsubstantiated votes, as far as I can tell, is that they're a tool - not more or less.

^^^And this is why I'm accusing you two lines at a time instead of explaining myself. It's much more efficient.

-----

@Haylen: I'm not reading any of those.
Replace out, make a worthwhile post, or die.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Vi »

Also of note: I see DTMaster posting elsewhere.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@Vi
Sorry took a break. I'm making links to the posts since it's a massive wall. Consider my lynch if I don't get it done by today. Ok?
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by DTMaster »

I decided to screw the walls and just do a page analysis under Vi's request. Plus I'm tired of linking it. If you want proof of my long wall I can post it since I saved it in my GMail. Tell me if this is short enough or if the links help.

@Town
University + Lab Reports + Group Assignments + Sickness + Migraine = No time to post.

@Vi

@HoS: Can you explain your principle here and how my HoS/FoS is scummy? (FYI I only HoS YB and FoS Neto)

@YB: a. I can't remember why I'm not voting for her actually. Originally my selfvote was in response to her question about my day 1 self vote.

b. My case on YB. The shining knight in armor theory. Partial attack on BM. I did a reread and somethings can be interpreted as scummy (ie premature asking Mae to claim) but others (badgering CSL) weren't as strong and felt wishy washy. Lastly pushing for a Mae lynch on day 1, and attacking me for this on day 2 when NKs can determine if this is true.

Isn't both happening? Then would that make her half scum and half town.... a scummy town! A townie scum! Mafia traitors /lame off topicness.

@BM
Hmm? A vote on sotty? Can you redo a summary of your case?

Did I just read you use the too townie argument here?

I`m also not buying your reaction vote on Vi right now. 1 quote please.

@Jason
I did a review and with Hito`s recent posts I apologize. Specifically your 797 cleared it and made me go DUH. I agree with your analysis.

@Hito/Jason
Um you do realize that defensivness can occur in both parties? And hito your case is semi-faulty since Jason's vote on you also included a catch up summary on each player. Post 797 shows scum hunting BM and attacking you, followed by a FoS and vote on you.

We have blatant misrepresentation on Jason from Hito.

@Hito 905. Ehh.... You do realize that even if this isn't a newbie game, irrational townies exist outside of that thread. In fact it would be higher outside the thread since it is obv scum play to play anti-town/scummy. If the scum player is good, you'll have to look at the subtle things in the game as a whole.

Read my meta link in my wiki: Internal Mafia Struggle. Zachrulez won for scum since he convinced he town he was town watcher instead of mafia watcher. We lost the game because the tracker didn't track the night mafia chose to no kill with the vig.

We have a case of:

a. Illogical town PR
b. Logical scum PR confirming town PR

I noticed you mentioned "economist's fallacy - "assume every involved entity is rational`` You forget we live in an irrational world. I thought the definition of fallacy is that it`s a misconception. Oh irony of your post.

@Kitty
I can now vouch for your statement about you buddying/stalking Nik. >>;;
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by Vi »

DTMaster 935 wrote:@Vi

@HoS: Can you explain your principle here and how my HoS/FoS is scummy? (FYI I only HoS YB and FoS Neto)
I can't tell if this is all that's aimed at me, but I can respond to this. I actually got sigged a few times for this...
Vi 90 (elsewhere) wrote:FoS is basically getting up on a high horse and saying
I formally accuse you of suspicious activity using
bold
text!
when that should already be apparent from your reason for your FoSing in the first place. In other words, it's overrated, pretentious, and only good for being parodied (i.e. Middle Finger of Suspicion).
In addition to being useless, I've found that it's used more often by scum than not because it's a Pharisaical way of exaggerating your suspicions. This is especially true with IGMEOY, which basically says that you're mildly suspicious of someone
as you should be anyway
Another issue with FoSs is that they're throwaway. Nobody's counting who you FoS and it won't get anyone lynched, so you can just toss one out there and see where (if anywhere) it goes.

On the other hand
of suspicion
, giving people the HoS is good in the sense that it allows me to call you a HoSer - because all Americans who intend to travel abroad sometime need to learn how to pretend to be Canadian in a pinch :P

At the end of the Mafia theory, the bottom line is that in my book they're great for scum, or at the very least not good for Town.

---

I will acknowledge that you fingered Netopalis, yellowbunny, and Sotty7 before outrightly engaging them D1; this is to your credit. The curiosity in your FoSsing is with Sotty7 today, who you seem to have dropped in this most recent post. What is your opinion of her (and everyone else)?

Your IGMEOYs on Battle Mage and Maemuki fit my earlier description.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:57 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Haylen misses the point in post 925. The time it took for her to make that post should have been spent on
this
game not running around in other games.

The deadline is fast approaching, we need to start coming together on a agreed upon lynch or we will suffer the clusterfuck that was the end of yesterday all over again.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:03 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Sotty7 wrote:Haylen misses the point in post 925. The time it took for her to make that post should have been spent on
this
game not running around in other games.

The deadline is fast approaching, we need to start coming together on a agreed upon lynch or we will suffer the clusterfuck that was the end of yesterday all over again.
I would be happy with a Hito, BM or Haylen lynch at this point to be honest. Still not sure about Mae, am going to give her an Iso read soon. I think though i am the only one who would be willing to push a BM lynch at this late point in the day so Haylen/Hito would be the best choice of lynch today. I am not fully sold on DTMaster.

Haylen for her mass lurking and constant excuses, that could have used time to scumhunt

Hito for his scummy play and misreps.

BM i still feel iffy about, but I am willing to try and put aside what some feel is tunnel-visioned attacks by me to see it is not the optimum lynch today.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:40 am

Post by Haylen »

I am trying to post. But everybody seems to have covered everything. "Lurking" Is not a good single reason to lynch somebody.Jason, You believed me up until somebody moaned at you for it. Why so agreeabe? You should stick to what you believe in in games, unless you have a reason not to draw attention to yourself?

Am I even going to be listened too, anyway? Seems like your just going to ignore my posts. What's the point? Im useless, Im unhelpful, I dont agree with what people say and Im incompetant.

That adds up to a town Haylen.

yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:10 am

Post by yellowbunny »

Sotty wrote:Ugh. What about all Haylen's excuses though out this game that don't involve her being sick? If we aren't going to lynch her today I could switch over to Hito. DTMaster is also turned very lurky today... He would be a distant 3rd choice.
A few times since I joined the game (I cannot speak for what happened before hand) I went through and read Haylen other posts in other games. Each time either Haylen was a.) not posting at all or b.) talking about not feeling well/lurking.

Point being that she was consistent when I checked, so the lurking seems like a flamingly annoying null tell.

But, with that said...
Haylen wrote: I am trying to post. But everybody seems to have covered everything. "Lurking" Is not a good single reason to lynch somebody.Jason, You believed me up until somebody moaned at you for it. Why so agreeabe? You should stick to what you believe in in games, unless you have a reason not to draw attention to yourself?

Am I even going to be listened too, anyway? Seems like your just going to ignore my posts. What's the point? Im useless, Im unhelpful, I dont agree with what people say and Im incompetant.
You know Haylen, a fair number of us have been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. But this is getting ridiculous. Okay, so people have "covered everything"...what of that do you agree with? What don't you agree with? Using other people's activity to defend your own lack of content is a horrible excuse.
Hito wrote:
YB wrote:
So the only person you noticed him doing this to (prior than you) was BM? Your argument boils down to you thought you noticed a trend of OMGUSing...but one instance doesn't make very much of a trend.

Which would be exactly why I took the initiative and voted him myself, rather than simply saying "I think I see you OMGUSing."
You're missing the point. One instance of hypo-OMGUS shouldn't be enough to make you suspect a trend. That's like...if you find a $20 on the floor of an elevator once, postulating that elevators are good places to make money and running around looking in all the elevators you can find. If you found 5 $20s in 5 separate elevators in the span of a week...I might be inclined to believe its a trend. But one incident does not a trend make. So the fact that you even came up with that hypothesis is suspicious to me.
Sotty wrote: The deadline is fast approaching, we need to start coming together on a agreed upon lynch or we will suffer the clusterfuck that was the end of yesterday all over again
Agreed. People who aren't voting need to vote...and people who are voting for individuals who won't be lynched need to move their votes.

That said, despite the fact that DT has more votes (3...although one is DT's so I'm counting that is 2 real votes) than Hito, I think that the general consensus is that Hito is more scummy than DT. So for now
unvote; vote: Hito
...but again, a reminder that I'll switch to Haylen (or back to DT, although I don't think that situation will arise) to avoid another no lynch.
"Someone is playing with my mind, with my little gray cells. " - Hercule Poirot
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:31 am

Post by Maemuki »

Haylen. Just...read it okay?

I am trying to post too. I get accused of lurking over and over again. And again, if it was not enough! I'm still here, though.

Mae-town is never heard. Mae-town is always accused of lurking. Mae-town always get lynched. Mae-town is attacked by everybody and their dog, and Mae-town can't complain, can she? She will get lynched anyways. Even though I would be better off talking with a wall, I'm still here. Even if just as mislynch-fodder. I'm trying my best, ain't I?

In short? I'm everything you say and more. What will I do about it? Try to do my best. Even if you're just repeating points - it's always better than nothing, is it not? Isn't a repeater better than dead silence? At least...at least...try to say something, for as irrelevant as that might've been. Even if nobody agrees. Even if you get lynched. You get lynched for your suspcions, and people will listen to you after you're dead.

Trust me on this one, okay? Just this once? Please just say anything!

tl;dr: I'm not the best of townies either. That is no excuse, though. The sick part I understand. The stress, I can understand as well. So, please say something? Anything? A list of your biggest suspcions? Something!

This time, I won't allow a no-lynch to happen. The fact that DTM only started making the post after Vi talked about him sets off signals on my head. Not that it's conclusive or anything. I'm just saying.

@ BM, I now see that you have voted Vi. That makes even less sense.

Also, between DTM/hito/Haylen, which one would you be willing to lynch the most? Also, why are you voting Vi right now?

@ DTM, so...YB's the scummiest to you, yes? Why are you voting for yourself then? Shouldn't you be voting for her if you're almost sure she's scum? How does this make sense? Wait, what? Would you be willing to lynch YB? Between hito and Haylen, who would you choose? (Assuming, of course, you don't choose yourself.)

I have to reread the thread, myself, to decide between Haylen/DTM/hito. I'll be sure to call you guys when I make my decision.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:38 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

DTMaster wrote:
@Hito/Jason
Um you do realize that defensivness can occur in both parties? And hito your case is semi-faulty since Jason's vote on you also included a catch up summary on each player. Post 797 shows scum hunting BM and attacking you, followed by a FoS and vote on you.

We have blatant misrepresentation on Jason from Hito.
This again. I strongly, strongly, strongly disagree that post 797 was anything other than OMGUS. The point of contention was, "Was OMGUS scummy in this situation", to which a good case was made "No it wasn't." But are you trying to say that wasn't OMGUS at all?
@Hito 905. Ehh.... You do realize that even if this isn't a newbie game, irrational townies exist outside of that thread. In fact it would be higher outside the thread since it is obv scum play to play anti-town/scummy. If the scum player is good, you'll have to look at the subtle things in the game as a whole.

Read my meta link in my wiki: Internal Mafia Struggle. Zachrulez won for scum since he convinced he town he was town watcher instead of mafia watcher. We lost the game because the tracker didn't track the night mafia chose to no kill with the vig.

We have a case of:

a. Illogical town PR
b. Logical scum PR confirming town PR

I noticed you mentioned "economist's fallacy - "assume every involved entity is rational`` You forget we live in an irrational world. I thought the definition of fallacy is that it`s a misconception. Oh irony of your post.
You should have tried reading the rest of the paragraph? That post was me admitting it was a fallacy, and thus my reason for voting Jason was a fallacy, and thus I UNVOTED HIM. It wasn't irony, it was a perfectly straight post saying, "I agree I was wrong, specifically about this."
yellowbunny wrote: You're missing the point. One instance of hypo-OMGUS shouldn't be enough to make you suspect a trend. That's like...if you find a $20 on the floor of an elevator once, postulating that elevators are good places to make money and running around looking in all the elevators you can find. If you found 5 $20s in 5 separate elevators in the span of a week...I might be inclined to believe its a trend. But one incident does not a trend make. So the fact that you even came up with that hypothesis is suspicious to me.

That is not at all a relevant example. I thought Jason was OMGUSing because of how he posted re:BM. One suspect, but many separate posts helping me reach that conclusion. Are you suggesting that it was somehow a bolt from the blue to generate that hypothesis? Particularity in the light that it was completely correct?

DTM's post 935 seems to me extremely rushed, but that's a null tell in terms of alignment.

It looks like I'm public enemy #2 here! The thing that worries me is that a lot of posting seems to be about how I'm interpreted - that is, a lot of people are cognizant that most of the town doesn't like me, and that seems to be the main reason I'm on the Necktie Party Short-list; because everyone knows everyone else would probably vote for me (and not because of any particularly scummy actions). However, at the same time, the two most likely offenders for doing such would be Vi and YB, and I've got fairly strong town-reads off of both of them.

I'd like to point out that since we've no-lynched once, the numbers are slightly in our favor if we no-lynch again and "get back" to an even number. Of course, we give up another chance to catch scum, but if you don't think you're going to get scum with your lynch, don't lynch. That is where I stand at the moment.

I vehemently disagree that I have misrepped Jason. I still agree with every word of this post except for the paragraph beginning with "I'll admit". At that time I knew the warrant (attacking your attacker is a significant scumtell) was the most subjective part of my case, and Sotty's meta (yes Vi, some of us actually can learn useful things off of meta ;) ) proved that my warrant was indeed wrong. I still completely agree with my major claim (Jason is OMGUSing) and have not seen any opposition to this (indeed, Sotty's argument only worked BECAUSE it agreed with the major claim while arguing with the warrant.)
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:34 am

Post by Zachrulez »

11th vote count of day 2:

Haylen - 3 (Sotty7, Vi, JasonT1981)
DTMaster - 2 (DTMaster, Nikanor)
Nikanor - 1 (Haylen)
Vi - 1 (Battle Mage)
Hitogoroshi - 1 (Yellowbunny)

Not voting (Maemuki, KittyMo, Hitogoroshi)

With 11 alive it's 6 to lynch.

If I made any mistakes, let me know asap.

Just over 2 days to deadline.

Last edited by Zachrulez on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Maemuki wrote:Haylen. Just...read it okay?

I am trying to post too. I get accused of lurking over and over again. And again, if it was not enough! I'm still here, though.

Mae-town is never heard. Mae-town is always accused of lurking. Mae-town always get lynched. Mae-town is attacked by everybody and their dog, and Mae-town can't complain, can she? She will get lynched anyways. Even though I would be better off talking with a wall, I'm still here. Even if just as mislynch-fodder. I'm trying my best, ain't I?

In short? I'm everything you say and more. What will I do about it? Try to do my best. Even if you're just repeating points - it's always better than nothing, is it not? Isn't a repeater better than dead silence? At least...at least...try to say something, for as irrelevant as that might've been. Even if nobody agrees. Even if you get lynched. You get lynched for your suspcions, and people will listen to you after you're dead.

Trust me on this one, okay? Just this once? Please just say anything!

tl;dr: I'm not the best of townies either. That is no excuse, though. The sick part I understand. The stress, I can understand as well. So, please say something? Anything? A list of your biggest suspcions? Something!

This time, I won't allow a no-lynch to happen. The fact that DTM only started making the post after Vi talked about him sets off signals on my head. Not that it's conclusive or anything. I'm just saying.

@ BM, I now see that you have voted Vi. That makes even less sense.

Also, between DTM/hito/Haylen, which one would you be willing to lynch the most? Also, why are you voting Vi right now?

@ DTM, so...YB's the scummiest to you, yes? Why are you voting for yourself then? Shouldn't you be voting for her if you're almost sure she's scum? How does this make sense? Wait, what? Would you be willing to lynch YB? Between hito and Haylen, who would you choose? (Assuming, of course, you don't choose yourself.)

I have to reread the thread, myself, to decide between Haylen/DTM/hito. I'll be sure to call you guys when I make my decision.
After that spam by DTM, i think id be happier seeing him go. Im torn on Hito. I mean, he's probably the best player here, so if he's town, lynching him today would be a significant loss. But then, i do get the "too townie" vibe from him. Just because something isnt logically sound, doesnt mean it cannot provide an accurate vibe.

I'm not sure on Haylen either. I suggest we keep her alive today, but make sure she is forcibly replaced tomorrow, or proxies her vote to me for the remainder of our lifetimes. I just get the feeling she is a very easy mislynch. Eh, im finding it hard to commit to a target in this game, because nobody else is showing any decisiveness either. I lack INSPIRATION! lol

For now, i'd like Mae and DTM to explain why they feel Vi is so obvtown atm.

Also, someone asked me a question about "aggregate town-cred" or something like that, which i didnt understand. Can whoever it was, please clarify, and i will try to answer.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Haylen wrote:I am trying to post. But everybody seems to have covered everything. "Lurking" Is not a good single reason to lynch somebody.Jason, You believed me up until somebody moaned at you for it. Why so agreeabe? You should stick to what you believe in in games, unless you have a reason not to draw attention to yourself?

That adds up to a town Haylen.
*slaps*

Grow up. Baaaaaaaad Alt!

Anyway, we arent lynching Mae today. Her appeal to emotion is positive. Or KittyMo, if she is the tracker. Or Jason, because Sotty has vouched for him.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Battle Mage wrote: Also, someone asked me a question about "aggregate town-cred" or something like that, which i didnt understand. Can whoever it was, please clarify, and i will try to answer.
That was me. Basically my question was, which people do you think are most liked by the town as a whole, and which people are least liked? A lot of today's dynamics seem to be a bit too focused on "who can we get lynched" instead of "who should be lynched".
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

hitogoroshi wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: Also, someone asked me a question about "aggregate town-cred" or something like that, which i didnt understand. Can whoever it was, please clarify, and i will try to answer.
That was me. Basically my question was, which people do you think are most liked by the town as a whole, and which people are least liked? A lot of today's dynamics seem to be a bit too focused on "who can we get lynched" instead of "who should be lynched".
I dont see how your question links to your hypothesis at all. How can i judge who is "liked" by the town, when A: few people are really committed to concrete opinions and B: I dont know who is town, and who is scum?

And i dont see the relevance at all, unless you'd care to enlighten me?

I did write an answer, but it was so wishy washy i deleted it. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

"Town" here means everyone in the game. And I asked because I want a second opinion on who seems to be the "liked" and "disliked" players, and that seems to be the sort of thing you're on the watch for. So you can answer even if it's wishy-washy. ;)
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

hitogoroshi wrote:"Town" here means everyone in the game. And I asked because I want a second opinion on who seems to be the "liked" and "disliked" players, and that seems to be the sort of thing you're on the watch for.
what gave you that impression?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”