dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:18 am

Post by dramonic »

Head_Honcho wrote: If we try to lynch scum today, NK, scum are 3/10. mislynch lovers, NK, scum are 3/7, lynch lovers, nk, scum are 2/4 which is lylo.

Erm, that's completely wrong HH
Let's say we scratch the reads and doc protects for a second

If we try to lynch scum today (let's say we fail)
3/8
Then we mislynch lovers
3/5
MyLo
39% to happen

If we try to lynch scum today (let's say we fail)
3/8
Then we lynch lovers
2/6 with town lovers alive (this is worse than 2/5 without lovers, fyi)
39% to happen

If we try to lynch scum today and succeed!
2/9
mislynch lovers
2/6
11% to happen

If we try to lynch scum today and succeed!
2/9
lynch lovers
1/7 with town lovers alive
11% to happen

If we mislynch lovers today
3/7
Lynch lovers correctly tomorrow
2/5
50% to happen

If we lynch lovers
2/7 with town lovers alive
50% to happen

It's clearly better statistically to lynch the lovers.

VOTE COUNT

Nikanor (4): Vino, animorpherv1, Looker, Snow_Bunny
Khamisa (3): Kirbyoshi, Netlava, Yankee
Yankee (3): Khamisa, dramonic, Locke Lamora
Vino (2): Nikanor, Head_Honcho

Not Voting (0)

With 12 Alive, 7 is needed to lynch.
4 Needed to lynch at Deadline.
Don't forget Rules 7-1 and 7-2 at deadline.

The extended deadline is October 24th, sometime in the evening.

I'm installing Windows 7 tonight. Chances are it'll all go fine and I'll be back within hours. Just a pre-warning.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:10 am

Post by Vino »

Head_Honcho wrote:I meant alignment.
The question stands.
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:31 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

Oh you're right dramonic, I don't know why I was thinking of two scum two town as a situation we could get a lynch in. With one less day which can be thrown away, it appears a lover lynch would indeed be as good as any. So my vote returns to
unvote vote: Khamisa

Don't play dumb Vino, you know exactly what I'm implying. Dear other townies, if doc pro and scum kill don't invalidate each other tonight do pay close attention to Vino and ask yourself if he is actually scumhunting or just trying his hardest to emulate scumhunting.
Immoral Acts: 0
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:32 am

Post by Yankee »

Unvote, Vote: Vino
Town: 4-4-0

Mafia: 1-0-0
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:28 am

Post by dramonic »

I would like the people not voting the lovers to explain their reasoning in light of post 500.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:05 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Ok, it seems the number favor lynching lovers. So, back to Yankee...

Unvote. Vote: Yankee
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:39 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

dramonic wrote:I would like the people not voting the lovers to explain their reasoning in light of post 500.

In my opinion, Nikanor is more scummy.
Khamisa
Khamisa
Goon
Khamisa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:04 am

Post by Khamisa »

I was going to ask HH why he was voting me instead of Yankee. Then I remembered...
Show
[color=red]dead[/color] world
full of [color=red]shades[/color]
today i [color=red]die[/color]

[color=#33CC66]free[/color] world
full of [color=#33CC66]beauty[/color]
today i [color=#33CC66]swim[/color]
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by Netlava »

I don't see the benefits of postponing the lover lynch (though there aren't any drawbacks either). There's no point in postponing the inevitable. The only way to hit the treacherous lover is to choose between the 2 lover pairs, which has to be done eventually.

With the deadline coming close again, I think it may be better if everyone chooses between the 2 lover pairs in order to ensure a lynch. It's not like choosing between 2 random players, as they both might be town - there is guaranteed to be a treacherous lover.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by Vino »

Head_Honcho wrote:Don't play dumb Vino
Oh you know I love to Honcho, because you imply that I've been giving off psychic signals that I think some people are town and others are scum when the only person I've said anything definitively on is Nikanor. It's easy to say "Hey everybody, Vino looks like he's not scumhunting!" but I don't see you backing it up. I've done assloads of scumhunting in this game and frankly I'm consternated with your accusations. Do you have any arguments of actual substance? Would you like to point out some posts at least?

dramonic, Mafia is not about math. The lovers are assets that we want to keep alive as long as possible. We can benefit from their night talking and from having confirmed townies later in the game.
Show
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by dramonic »

The lovers are a hindrance. I don't know what kind of info you want to extract from their quicktopic, but it will be WIFOMy. The longer we keep them alive, the more doomed the town will be.
I'm a hoot
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Vino »

What harm can living lovers possibly pose to the town?
Show

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by dramonic »

getting killed during the night, sherlock.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by dramonic »

6vs3 is lylo with lovers alive.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by dramonic »

erm, I mean MyLo
I'm a hoot
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Netlava wrote:With the deadline coming close again, I think it may be better if everyone chooses between the 2 lover pairs in order to ensure a lynch. It's not like choosing between 2 random players, as they both might be town - there is guaranteed to be a treacherous lover.
I've already stated the pair I'd rather see lynched, and it's the one my vote is on.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by Yankee »

Well the Vino Wagon isnt catching on and i dont want to be caught with my pants down at deadline, so for the final time,

Unvote, Vote: Khamisa

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Is Looker V/LA?
Unvote. Vote: Khamisa.

As much as I want Vino to be lynched, I suppose I could go for a Khamisa lynch instead.

@Khamisa's lover: Now would probably be a good time to claim. You're at L-2.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:39 pm

Post by Yankee »

Who knows, it is possible that Vino is Khamisa's lover. I havent really noticed either one of them say anything aggressively towards the other, but then again, the treacherous lover wouldnt want a lover lynch right now and is probably voting for Nikanor...

Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:43 pm

Post by Yankee »

oh wow, i just looked back and noticed that Vino IS voting for Nikanor, i thought i read his name beside Me just a minute ago..... This gives me even more reason to be suspicious of Vino. Why are you so afraid of a Lover lynch?

I am looking back through your posts and you have been defending keeping lovers alive way more than anyone else and i see no reason for it, and I AM A LOVER! lol The only person that wouldnt benefit from lynching a lover at this point in time would be the treacherous lover, which I am starting to believe you are. Khamisa, if Vino is your lover you should read through his posts more carefully. Why would your lover be so afraid of a lover lynch?

Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by Yankee »

Triple post:

More evidence that i think proves HH and me as town lovers is the fact that we actually support a lover lynch. Like I have said on multiple occasions, I am perfectly fine being lynched to benefit the town. The only reason I would rather lynch Khamisa is because frankly i believe HH is town. Why else would he be supportive of something that would ultimately get him killed? Also before we were outed he failed to even try to defend me when i was under heavy attack. I say Khamisa should claim her lover, and if her lover is Vino we should lynch him immediately!

Khamisa, please claim your lover, or Khamisa's lover, please claim yourself!

Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:45 pm

Post by Looker »

unvote
animorpherv1's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1924769#1924769]Post 477[/url] wrote:
Head_Honcho wrote:Animorph, tomorrow you are going to need to post a lot more than you did today. As has been mentioned everyone being asleep when you're posting should have no bearing as this is indeed a forum.

I know this and I'm trying dammnit.
I know the feeling :lol:
Head_Honcho's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1925299#1925299]Post 488[/url] wrote:Yankee is a lynch for scum and cowards. The man himself is the main supporter of it.
That probably would have worked if you weren't the one to say it. Now it just looks like a setup.
Nikanor's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1927259#1927259]Post 517[/url] wrote:Is Looker V/LA?
Unvote. Vote: Khamisa.

As much as I want Vino to be lynched, I suppose I could go for a Khamisa lynch instead.

@Khamisa's lover: Now would probably be a good time to claim. You're at L-2.
Hey, you missed me! :D

And I don't get the point of having both lovers outted. Having one out is fucked up. I say wait it out, see if the first batch of outted lovers survive before we go throwing others into the fray. But, then again, I believe Yankee's Mafia so that could be affecting my opinion.
Yankee's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1927354#1927354]Post 520[/url] wrote:Triple post:

More evidence that i think proves HH and me as town lovers is the fact that we actually support a lover lynch. Like I have said on multiple occasions, I am perfectly fine being lynched to benefit the town. The only reason I would rather lynch Khamisa is because frankly i believe HH is town. Why else would he be supportive of something that would ultimately get him killed? Also before we were outed he failed to even try to defend me when i was under heavy attack. I say Khamisa should claim her lover, and if her lover is Vino we should lynch him immediately!

Khamisa, please claim your lover, or Khamisa's lover, please claim yourself!
Are y'all serious? Props to you, Yankee, you're like "If I gotta go out, I'm takin them other lover bitches with me." Lol, that shit's hilarious. But no, I don't think that's a good idea.

vote yankee
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:35 pm

Post by Vino »

*Sigh* I've given my reasoning many times for not wanting to lynch lovers, but I suppose if that's what we're going to do then there's no stopping it. It appears that we're not going to get any seven people to agree on one person to lynch. We should at least know who Khamisa's partner is though, before we do this, so I also think that person should claim. (PS it's not me nice try Yankee.) I'll have no part in it though, my vote stays on Nikanor the Non-Claimer (barring he doesn't turn out to be the last lover.)
Show

Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:23 pm

Post by Looker »

Vino's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1927424#1927424]Post 522[/url] wrote:*Sigh* I've given my reasoning many times for not wanting to lynch lovers, but I suppose if that's what we're going to do then there's no stopping it. It appears that we're not going to get any seven people to agree on one person to lynch. We should at least know who Khamisa's partner is though, before we do this, so I also think that person should claim. (PS it's not me nice try Yankee.) I'll have no part in it though, my vote stays on Nikanor the Non-Claimer (barring he doesn't turn out to be the last lover.)
I highly doubt Nikanor's scum all by himself. I know he's scum, but he can't be scum alone. Do you believe that both Khamisa and Yankee are town? If so, could you convince the rest of us with your results?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:28 pm

Post by dramonic »

khamisa and yankee are both at L-2, lynch is khamisa right now.

Vino, ani, you're playing agaisnt the vast majority, be nice and pick your lynchee among the lovers.
I'm a hoot

Return to “Completed Open Games”