Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:27 am

Post by Excedrin »

EBWOP: Does this work too: if Excedrin is not false claiming, I'm guessing SpyreX used this as the basis for the ZFP
racial
pilot ability.
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:29 am

Post by Rising »

I'm gonna reread about Excedrin and Kast. It sounds like that could be important. It's either a valid scumtell, or some of you must be scum for pretending that it is.
KMD wrote:Rising, how have I been anti-town?
I thought you were anti-town directly from the start when you accused Zito out of the blue for a bogus reason. At that time, however, I thought you were just instigating, to get the game moving. But then you voted for Zito again, at the middle of Day 1, for pretty much the same reasons that you had at the beginning of the game. You kept your vote there for some time, until you switched to Keelie when you thought that was the only lynch that could happen, before you realised that there was still enough time to get Papa lynched and so you switched back. It seemed weird to me at the time, and still does. There's some wishy-washy votes on D2 as well.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:01 am

Post by Kast »

@Excedrin-
Yes, it could work that Spyrex based a power on a wiki point. To be fair, on reading the wiki in isolation, I could believe that the ZFP provided blueprints on other ships and could find that plausible.

However, I'm taking Zito's word on the flavor. I'm mostly discounting the possibility that Zito is scum. Given that you readily admitted ZFP with a scanner does not make flavor sense, I'm inclined to think it is a flavor mistake that Spyrex would not have made (similar to how KRW's flavor claim was a mistake that Spyrex would not have made).

I agree that KMD's role sounds bogus. Potentially gaining tons of energy but no way to use it doesn't sound that plausible. As claimed, he is equivalent to being vanilla. Actually, the biggest point I see in favor of lynching him instead of lynching you is that the lack of kills on N1 could indicate that I can successfully stop you from killing, whereas KMD might kill as a non-racial ship ability.

@Zito-
It may be worthwhile to swap either Rising or Myself with KMD tonight. If he is the final mafia and if he kills by a ship ability, that would presumably stop the kill or potentially prevent him from killing both yourself and Rising in one go. Another possibility, if you can send people to another ship, you could send Rising to my ship where any kill attempts would have to count on not triggering my reincarnation.

Obviously, do not confirm your intentions in thread. You may already be considering something similar, but if not, then do consider something along those lines.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:15 am

Post by Rising »

KMD wrote:Why is a Kast/Zito pair farfetched?
Erm... Because that theory completely disregards that Excedrin says you're on a Dreadnaught, when you're saying that you're not?

I'm equally happy about an Excedrin/KMD lynch at the moment.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:15 am

Post by Excedrin »

Kast wrote:@Excedrin-
Yes, it could work that Spyrex based a power on a wiki point. To be fair, on reading the wiki in isolation, I could believe that the ZFP provided blueprints on other ships and could find that plausible.
I don't think that this is where he got it. He has presumably played the game. All allied races provide their ship's blueprints to the Earthlings when they become allies.

But, regardless of where he got the idea to give the ZFP pilot the ability to scan ships, your statement had one possibility and not the other when they both seem equally likely.
Kast wrote: However, I'm taking Zito's word on the flavor. I'm mostly discounting the possibility that Zito is scum. Given that you readily admitted ZFP with a scanner does not make flavor sense, I'm inclined to think it is a flavor mistake that Spyrex would not have made (similar to how KRW's flavor claim was a mistake that Spyrex would not have made).
Zito is confirmed town unless there's only one scum left.
Kast wrote: I agree that KMD's role sounds bogus. Potentially gaining tons of energy but no way to use it doesn't sound that plausible. As claimed, he is equivalent to being vanilla. Actually, the biggest point I see in favor of lynching him instead of lynching you is that the lack of kills on N1 could indicate that I can successfully stop you from killing, whereas KMD might kill as a non-racial ship ability.
He's actually claimed kill immune vanilla, who's also immune to any ship related action (he can't be swapped by Zito's ability).
Kast wrote: @Zito-
It may be worthwhile to swap either Rising or Myself with KMD tonight. If he is the final mafia and if he kills by a ship ability, that would presumably stop the kill or potentially prevent him from killing both yourself and Rising in one go. Another possibility, if you can send people to another ship, you could send Rising to my ship where any kill attempts would have to count on not triggering my reincarnation.

Obviously, do not confirm your intentions in thread. You may already be considering something similar, but if not, then do consider something along those lines.
Kmd4390 can't be swapped out of his ship.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Kast »

@Excedrin-
But, regardless of where he got the idea to give the ZFP pilot the ability to scan ships, your statement had one possibility and not the other when they both seem equally likely.
This is not correct. I do not find them equally likely and have not said anything to indicate that. I find it much more likely that it is part of a botched false claim.

-I missed the part where KMD claimed immunity to ship based abilities. Please highlight where he claimed that. If he actually claimed that, it would likely contradict this:
KMD wrote:I don't nullify anything. Just absorb the energy.
Zito is confirmed town unless there's only one scum left.
I'm assuming you are implying that Excedrin is a townie? If your point is to convince me to vote KMD instead of yourself, I don't think that is a valid assumption.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Excedrin »

Rising confirms Zito, Zito couldn't have killed prev night, Zito hasn't hammered. Pretty much as close to confirmed as possible.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Excedrin wrote:Zito hasn't hammered.
And I'm not going to until I get this crap straight in my head.
Excedrin wrote:I don't think that this is where he got it. He has presumably played the game. All allied races provide their ship's blueprints to the Earthlings when they become allies.

This is correct. I'm not sure what it means that you bring it up. I was planning to.
Kast wrote:@Zito-
It's something I'd like to talk to Rising about if he ever gets his sorry butt back to our QT.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:50 am

Post by Excedrin »

Kmd4390 wrote:My role is Lololo, Utwig and my ship is Utwig Jugger. I have batteries that let me have any amount of energy. If anyone targets me, I absorb whatever energy they use on me. I absorbed 3 units last night. I didn't absorb anything on Night 1.
I read this to mean, "scum tried to kill me and I'm still alive because I absorbed the energy." Since the action I used didn't use energy, Rising and Zito have both claimed that they didn't target Kmd4390, only Kast is left or Kmd4390 is lying about absorbing 3 units of energy. The Utwig Jugger in game has an absorption shield that renders it invincible while the shield is on, so it's possible that I read too much into his claim. Zito apparently interpreted it the same way with his Shofixti suicide bomb speculation.

Since nobody else has explained why I'd get a Ur-Quan dreadnought result for Kmd4390's ship (no claimed bus or redirect), Kmd4390 has to be lying unless Kast has some kind of incredibly powerful role that lets him broadcast Pkunk messages and cause me to see Ur-Quan Dreadnoughts in place of Utwig Juggers and drain energy and double kill.
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:02 am

Post by Rising »

Excedrin wrote:Zito couldn't have killed prev night
Unless he can do it with a pilot ability he hasn't told us about. A player can perform one pilot action and one ship action, remember?

I agree that Zito is pretty much cleared, however.
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:06 am

Post by Rising »

Zito wrote:It's something I'd like to talk to Rising about if he ever gets his sorry butt back to our QT.
I've been checking in frequently since this day started, but I was waiting for you to say something.

---

By the way, I wonder what it means that Excedrin misunderstood KMD's ability. I think scum would know their buddies' abilities. If they are scum together, it's possible that Excedrin accidently slipped KMD's
real
ability, or at least it could be a sign that KMD has made up his claimed ability.
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:16 am

Post by Rising »

Kast wrote:if you can send people to another ship, you could send Rising to my ship
He can't send people to other ships. He swaps them. If he targets you and me, then you'd be on board his ship and I would be piloting yours.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Excedrin »

That Kmd4390 said he thought "R.A" meant racial ability and that he never sent an action to SpyreX to activate it, but it's clearly not a passive ability and he claims a result (gained energy), needs more attention.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:25 am

Post by Kast »

@Rising-
-As a passenger on Zito's ship, were you told all of his ship's abilities?

-They could easily have been working on a fake claim together but never hammered out the details.

However, I was also unclear on KMD's initial claim, hence the request for clarification.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:35 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

On my claim: I absorb whatever energy comes at me. Doesn't mean I'm immune to anything. I find it suspicious that Excedrin immediately jumped to me being a kill target like that. Excedrin, did your kill on me fail N1?

Rising, yes, I was trying to start the game by pressuring Zito initially. I found his reaction to that legitimately scummy, so I suspected him.

With neither Rising or Zito hammering, Excedrin is scum unless Kast and myself are scum together. I know this to be false, so my vote isn't moving.

Still no idea where the 3 energy came from. It's unclaimed, so it's either scum or dead players (or both) who targeted me.

Excedrin, you make no sense in assuming that because no one claimed to have targeted me with energy, no one did. Scum won't tell us exactly what they did. Dead players can't tell us exactly what we did. But since you are confirmed scum from my PoV, I know you are lying about your result.

It doesn't look like the info about energy targeting me is going to come out, so I'm fine with a hammer.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:00 am

Post by Rising »

Kast wrote:As a passenger on Zito's ship, were you told all of his ship's abilities?
I was told none of his abilities. And I could not use any of them (not even regular ship actions, like picking up players or jettisoning the ship (that would've been cruel)).
KMD wrote:With neither Rising or Zito hammering, Excedrin is scum unless Kast and myself are scum together. I know this to be false, so my vote isn't moving.
...or Excedrin is scum with either you or Kast as a scumbuddy. Seriously: FOS Kmd for not thinking things through. I'm pretty sure by now that we have a Kmd/Excedrin pairing.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:03 am

Post by Kast »

@Rising-
-Given that Zito requested time to sort things out, I'd advise not hammering until he is ready. We have plenty of time so no need to rush things (this advisory probably unnecessary given that you two should be discussing things in a QT).
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Rising wrote:
KMD wrote:With neither Rising or Zito hammering,
Excedrin is scum
unless Kast and myself are scum together. I know this to be false, so my vote isn't moving.
...or Excedrin is scum with either you or Kast as a scumbuddy. Seriously: FOS Kmd for not thinking things through. I'm pretty sure by now that we have a Kmd/Excedrin pairing.
Which means the bolded. If he's being bussed, he's scum. Yeah, I thought about that as a possibility when I wrote that. Still confirms Excedrin as scum.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:14 am

Post by Excedrin »

Kmd4390 wrote:On my claim: I absorb whatever energy comes at me. Doesn't mean I'm immune to anything. I find it suspicious that Excedrin immediately jumped to me being a kill target like that. Excedrin, did your kill on me fail N1?
Why would you ask that? Anything to shift attention from your botched claim?
Note that Zito assumed the same thing.
Kmd4390 wrote: Rising, yes, I was trying to start the game by pressuring Zito initially. I found his reaction to that legitimately scummy, so I suspected him.

With neither Rising or Zito hammering, Excedrin is scum unless Kast and myself are scum together. I know this to be false, so my vote isn't moving.
So you know that there's 2 scum?
Kmd4390 wrote: Still no idea where the 3 energy came from. It's unclaimed, so it's either scum or dead players (or both) who targeted me.
We should figure out where this energy came from. If Rising and Zito are clear and Kmd4390's absorption shield doesn't imply invincibility (as it does in the game), then it didn't come from a kill attempt (since he'd be dead). So, it must have come from Plum, Locke Lamora or Kast. We should be able to find out from Rising whether Plum's ship had any ability that used energy. If Locke Lamora had something that used energy (aside from a suicide bomb), I'm not sure what it would be but it seems reasonable to assume that it wouldn't be 3 energy, since, as a small ship, his scout probably only had 2, like my drone. Kast has claimed not to have any active abilities that use energy.
Kmd4390 wrote: Excedrin, you make no sense in assuming that because no one claimed to have targeted me with energy, no one did. Scum won't tell us exactly what they did. Dead players can't tell us exactly what we did. But since you are confirmed scum from my PoV, I know you are lying about your result.
I'm not lying, but the only way you're alliance is if the only non-confirmed town player has a really absurdly powerful set of abilities. It seems far more likely to me that my result is accurate, my lost energy was due to some sort of energy theft (perhaps scum is on a Chenjesu ship AND they can use the drain energy ability from SC2) that was intended to prevent a scan, and Kmd4390 is actually on an Ur-Quan Dreadnought who made 1 or both kills.
Kmd4390 wrote: It doesn't look like the info about energy targeting me is going to come out, so I'm fine with a hammer.
Sure, a hammer results in scum win if there's 2 scum. Likewise, if there's 2 scum, it's you and Kast. Obviously you'd be fine with a hammer.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:22 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Nothing was "botched". I posted what I had.

Yeah, I assume 2 more scum. 3 scum is usually the case in a mini and one is dead.

Again, you are ignoring the possibility that scum targeted me. And didn't bother to tell us! Bastards!
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:35 am

Post by Excedrin »

Kmd4390 wrote:Nothing was "botched". I posted what I had.
The R.A vs R.P thing is pretty botched. Especially since you admitted that you thought "R.A" meant "Racial Ability."
Kmd4390 wrote:Yeah, I assume 2 more scum. 3 scum is usually the case in a mini and one is dead.

Again, you are ignoring the possibility that scum targeted me. And didn't bother to tell us! Bastards!
No, I'm not ignoring it, I'm saying, who is scum if scum targetted you? From my perspective, there's nobody left, everyone's accounted for except Kast, and I don't see how Kast could be scum, unless he's something absurdly powerful (multi-kill, investigation tampering, energy draining in one night, with a previous non-anonymous message ability). Maybe in that case, it would make sense that there's 1 scum left.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Votecount

Kmd4390 (1): Excedrin
Papa Zito (0)
Excedrin (2): Kast, Kmd4390

Rising (0)
Kast (0):

Not Voting (3): Papa Zito, Excedrin, Rising

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch!

Excedrin is at L-1

Deadline: Sunday, October 25th, 1030 PM PST
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Mod answered. It's active because it takes a unit of energy each night. I never sent anything in, so I didn't realize that. Guess he assumed I was using it or something lol.

Excedrin, ANYONE could be scum lying about their targets. Personally, I know you to be scum and I believe Rising or Zito is your buddy.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Why do you exclude Kast? It seems inconsistent with your post yesterday:
Kmd4390 wrote:#479
Kast is where he is because he can't possibly be scum unless Excedrin is
If you believe that I'm scum, it's odd that you'd switch to excluding Kast as a possible scumpartner.

Kast, I've explained why I chose the targets I chose, why did you decide to target Locke Lamora, after saying:
Kast wrote:#550
I don't agree with everyone's suspicion of LL from D1. I don't like his lurking today. If either Dry-Fit OR RC is scum, I could easily see LL's behavior as scum who has mostly given up since his partners were completely lame.
This is the main reason why I chose Locke Lamora, figuring that if my nullify went thru, I'd possibly clear one of the players who was apparently least likely for you to target and possibly prevent a night kill. It seemed more likely to me, based on your post #550, that you'd block Kmd4390 or Rising.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

I don't see Kast claiming role-info against his buddy in LYLO. It makes more sense for him to try pushing a mislynch before bussing. Get the win as soon as possible rather than risking everything.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”