Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:27 am

Post by Excedrin »

Kast wrote:Okay, Spyrex didn't want to clarify this one, but I'm comfortable going with what I understand of his clarification and it implies Excedrin is lying.

If he tried doing an action that requires more energy than he has, he should have been informed of that and been able to pick a different action.

This implies to me that he is lying about the roleblock.
I assume that you're talking about night 2.

At the start of night 2, I had 1 unit of energy remaining. After sending my scan and nullify targets, I was told a scan result and that nullify failed due to drained batteries and that I have no energy.

Presumably, if I somehow had 0 energy and attempted to use the anti-matter cone, I'd be told, "Hey, you can't use that." Since this particular ship has no abilities that cost 0 energy, there's no point in SpyreX giving me an option to chose some other ability.

What I want to know is, since nobody has claimed any sort of energy stealing ability, where did my missing energy go?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:29 am

Post by SpyreX »

Votecount

Kmd4390 (0)
Papa Zito (0)
Excedrin (2): Kast, Kmd4390

Rising (0)
Kast (0):

Not Voting (3): Papa Zito, Excedrin, Rising

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch!

Excedrin is at L-1

Deadline: Sunday, October 25th, 1030 PM PST
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:30 am

Post by Rising »

Zito: You say that "Also, Plum was going to try to pick them all up", but this implies some pretty unintuitive timing mechanism; that you could switch me and Plum before Plum would get to her ship and be able to use her ships abilities. I don't think that's how it works. Obviously, we can't know for sure (unless Mod somehow have confirmed to you that it would work that way). I tried to pick up Porkens last night with the regular Pick-up ability, because I did not want to give that action away too soon.

(Plums ship, the Syreen Penetrator, had the ability to hold any number of players on her vessel, and her ship could pick up any number of players immediately during the day, by PMing the mod. Plums ship also had a R.A-ability to force pilots to abandon their vessel)
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Excedrin »

Alright, so, I thought that there was a chance that Kmd4390 was bussed with someone else or I was redirected or whatever. Since nobody has claimed that and I'm not lying about my results, I have to conclude that he's actually in an Ur-Quan Dread.

Vote: Kmd4390

I'm not sure how much I should read into the lack of hammer, since I haven't been at L-1 for very long. But, I'm not sure how Kast could be scum. If there's two, it would have to be Kmd4390 and Rising, unless Zito can swap people AND also kill. Sooooo signs point to one scum.

Also, Kmd4390's explanation before his vote isn't complete. The lack of a kill could be explained by Kast's death and reincarnation, which is consistent with what he wrote about doctors yesterday.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by Kast »

@Zito-
I want to hear your thoughts.

@Rising-
(Plums ship, the Syreen Penetrator, had the ability to hold any number of players on her vessel, and her ship could pick up any number of players immediately during the day, by PMing the mod. Plums ship also had a R.A-ability to force pilots to abandon their vessel)
To be clear, you are saying the Syreen Penetrator had 3 "unique" Abilities.
P.) You can hold any number of players
A.) Pickup any number of players by PMing mod (D)
R.A.) Force target Pilot to abandon current vessel (N?)
-Is this correct?
-On D2 you were aboard and in control of Plum's vessel. Did you still have a QT with Zito?
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by Kast »

UNVOTE
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Kast »

I want to hear those answers before any lynch happens.
Show

Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by Rising »

[quote="Kast"]To be clear, you are saying the Syreen Penetrator had 3 "unique" Abilities.
P.) You can hold any number of players
A.) Pickup any number of players by PMing mod (D)
R.A.) Force target Pilot to abandon current vessel (N?)
-Is this correct? [/kast]

That's pretty much the idea, although it wasn't stated as that. The first two abilities were grouped together into one Passive ability. You got the racial ability right, however.

[kast]On D2 you were aboard and in control of Plum's vessel. Did you still have a QT with Zito?[/kast]

No. We agreed that I would give him a message about what ship I had gotten on using the old "just read the capitalized letters in my first post"-code. (I spelled out "PENETRATOR" in post #385, as you can see. I would've spelled out my abilities too, if there were any way for me to abbreviate them) I could not communicate directly with neither Plum nor Papa on day 2, and I haven't got a clue what they may have said to eachother. Actually, I didn't even know who Zito had exhanged me with until today.
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by Rising »

^ Gawd dammit! I *must* learn how to quote some day.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by Kast »

@Rising-
Then to be clear:
P.) You may immediately rescue any number of players by PMing the mod.
R.A.) Force target Pilot to abandon current vessel (N)
-What is the timing on the first ability? Specifically, when can it be used (D), (N), (A)?

-I was unaware of any limits to the number of players on a ship. I have asked for mod confirmation on that.
Show

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by Kast »

@Rising-
-You mentioned being able to use the (Passive?) rescue "immediately during the day", why didn't you use the ability during the day on D2?
Show

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Mod Note:

This line should read as such in the OP:

A.) Retrieve (N) - Select a player who has been jettisoned. They will become part of your ship. This requires 0 energy.
Unless noted, you may have one player on your vessel.

I apologize for the mistake.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:10 pm

Post by Rising »

Kast wrote:-What is the timing on the first ability? Specifically, when can it be used (D), (N), (A)?
It is
not
an Active ability; therefore it has no stated timing. Not other than "immediately".
Kast wrote:why didn't you use the ability during the day on D2?
It was not an easy decision. The best reason I could think of TO pick up sigma and Porkens would be to enable sigma to investigate both Porkens and myself. That would not have been a bad thing at all, but it would have revealed the Penetrators ability and made it an easy target.

As I saw it; the Penetrator's multiple pick-up-ability just got better and better the later it was being used. On D2, there were only two floating pilots and lots of ships ready to pick them up. But on D3 or D4, things could be a lot worse, there could even be more floating pilots than ships able to pick them, and I thought it would be a good idea to keep this ability as a secret until later.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:28 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Rising wrote:Zito: You say that "Also, Plum was going to try to pick them all up", but this implies some pretty unintuitive timing mechanism; that you could switch me and Plum before Plum would get to her ship and be able to use her ships abilities. I don't think that's how it works. Obviously, we can't know for sure (unless Mod somehow have confirmed to you that it would work that way).
Plum confirmed with the mod regarding how pickups work with her ship. That's what made the plan viable. I'd quote her from the QT but I don't think I'm allowed to.

It's weird you'd ask this when your ability worked on my ship last night after the swap.
Kast wrote:@Zito-
I want to hear your thoughts.
So.

1. SpyreX is not holding strictly to canon.
2. I think scum have fakeclaims, given the Chenjesu flip during the night. It explains why Keelie chose Mmrnmhrm as a fakeclaim.
3. There are too many inconsistencies with Excedrin's story. Also the Zoq-Fot-Pik have no scanning abilities whatsoever. They're a technically inferior race.
4. If there are two scum left, then Excedrin and Kmd are cross-bussing each other.

tl;dr Lynch Excedrin, if that doesn't win then lynch Kmd.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:16 am

Post by Rising »

Papa wrote:It's weird you'd ask this when your ability worked on my ship last night after the swap.
My ability is a passive ability. But ok, if you asked mod about it, I understand.
Papa wrote:There are too many inconsistencies with Excedrin's story
Could someone point them out to me? I don't really see the case against Excedrin, myself. Are you only thinking about thematical inconsistencies, or are there things about his play that bothers you?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:32 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Excedrin wrote:Alright, so, I thought that there was a chance that Kmd4390 was bussed with someone else or I was redirected or whatever. Since nobody has claimed that and I'm not lying about my results, I have to conclude that he's actually in an Ur-Quan Dread.

If you're town, scum aren't going to tell us if they fucked with your result. Kast has info against you anyway though, so I doubt you're town.
Excedrin wrote: I'm not sure how much I should read into the lack of hammer, since I haven't been at L-1 for very long. But, I'm not sure how Kast could be scum. If there's two, it would have to be Kmd4390 and Rising, unless Zito can swap people AND also kill. Sooooo signs point to one scum.
Rising would have hammered. He can only be scum with you.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:42 am

Post by Rising »

Excedrin wrote:If there's two, it would have to be Kmd4390 and Rising
If KMD and I were scumbuddies, I would have hammered you when you were at L-1. That you're suspecting me in an unlikely scumpairing makes me
FOS: Excedrin
Excedrin wrote:I'm not sure how Kast could be scum
What makes you think that, exactly? Is it only because he used that ability on you, and you're sure he's not an Umgah since you're in possession of the Umgah caster?

---

The fact that Excedrin was not hammered makes me pretty sure that the truth is one of the following:

1. There's only one scum left.
2. Excedrin is scum.
3. Kast and KMD are scumbuddies.
4. Papa Zito is scum with either Kast or KMD (it's possible that he missed the opportunity to win the game, since he didn't post while Excedrin was at L-1)

...and for you (who don't know that I'm townie):
5. I'm Excedrin's scumbuddy. Otherwise I would have hammered him.

I rule out #1 because of balance issues, and #4 is just too farfetched for me. I'm on the fence between #2 and #3, though. KMD has acted wierd and antitown throughout the game in my opinion, but I have a hard time seeing Kast as scum.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:45 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Rising wrote:Could someone point them out to me? I don't really see the case against Excedrin, myself. Are you only thinking about thematical inconsistencies, or are there things about his play that bothers you?
Thematical is one part, at least for me. More important is his backtracking regarding Kast's insult power.
Excedrin wrote:Kast's actions prev night confirm to me that he's Pkunk. There's something unrelated to Kast's ability that I haven't revealed that doubly confirms that he is Pkunk. If it's possible, I'd rather not reveal it at all.
Kast wrote:If you really didn't use a racial ability (hyperwave broadcaster), then you would not have been informed that I have a roleblocking ability. You would also not be informed any flavor on why my blocking did not affect you.
Kappa
Just Monika
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:49 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Rising, how have I been anti-town? Why is a Kast/Zito pair farfetched?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:14 am

Post by Kast »

@Case on Excedrin-
Actually, I think the most direct contradiction is this:
Excedrin wrote:Kmd4390 is on an Ur-Quan Dreadnought.
KMD wrote:My role is Lololo, Utwig and my ship is Utwig Jugger.
One of them is lying. I'm fine with lynching one and role-blocking the other.

My suspicions about Excedrin's claims about my N1 role block incline me towards lynching him as the more probable scum of the two (could be both scum, could be just one of them).

Zito's info that flavor doesn't support a Zoq-Fot-Pik scanner ability also inclines me to vote Excedrin.
(Interestingly, the wiki on Zoq-Fot-Pik mentions that they provide the alliance with blueprints for their own ship; if Excedrin is false claiming, I'm guessing he used this as the basis for his claim).

Vote: Excedrin
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:17 am

Post by Excedrin »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Excedrin wrote:Alright, so, I thought that there was a chance that Kmd4390 was bussed with someone else or I was redirected or whatever. Since nobody has claimed that and I'm not lying about my results, I have to conclude that he's actually in an Ur-Quan Dread.

If you're town, scum aren't going to tell us if they fucked with your result. Kast has info against you anyway though, so I doubt you're town.
Yea, Kast's "info" is pretty weak. It's weird that he's not busting out some if A and B then not C stuff to explain it.
It looks like his case is:
1. I could have been killed and reincarnated, explaining lack of death on night 1
2. Excedrin shouldn't have gotten mod confirmation of my ability
3. I must have blocked his racial ability and therefore prevented the kill (oops forgot about #1), since that would explain why he got mod confirmation of my ability

So, if there's 2 scum, Rising is confirmed town, Rising clears Papa Zito (based on Papa Zito's ability to swap players between ships), I clear Kast based on the idea that he is Pkunk because I know where the Umgah caster is, but unfortunately he blocked someone who's dead, so we don't have another person vouching for him.

Kmd4390 is on a ship that can absorb energy (but has no active abilities that use energy) that was targetted last night (by either Excedrin, Kast or Rising). Rising has no active abilities. Kast made a big deal about not being able to use 2 abilities in one night, but has also claimed only the broadcast / insult ability, so even aside from the message I got from him on n1, it seems unlikely that he's scum. So, if I targeted Kmd4390 and he absorbed the energy, then the ship I'm on would be capable of targeting 3 players in one night (Plum, Locke Lamora and Kmd4390).

One possibility is that Kmd4390's ship does have some ability to absorb energy and he thought he could prevent my scan from working, since he thought it was a ship based ability. There's nothing in SC2 about Ur-Quan Dreadnoughts that says they should have this.

I could include some wild speculation about there being a Chenjesu ship since Porkens flipped Chenjesu (that scum can use?), but I don't think it helps.
Rising wrote:If KMD and I were scumbuddies, I would have hammered you when you were at L-1. That you're suspecting me in an unlikely scumpairing makes me FOS: Excedrin.
I wasn't suspecting you, I was saying that because you didn't hammer, it makes you obvtown, which makes me question the 2 scum idea.
Rising wrote:What makes you think that, exactly? Is it only because he used that ability on you, and you're sure he's not an Umgah since you're in possession of the Umgah caster?
Yea, I basically have mod confirmation of his race. I suppose it's possible that he has some other ability that allows him to broadcast messages (and roleblock?). But the first scenario, that he's actually Pkunk and actually has this insult+rb ability seems more likely. That I got flavor saying what his ability does and he sees that as proof that I'm lying seems like he's trying to read things in a too-logical, too-precise manner.
Papa Zito wrote:Thematical is one part, at least for me. More important is his backtracking regarding Kast's insult power.
Where did I backtrack? The part I didn't want to reveal was that I have the Umgah broadcaster.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:18 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Kast wrote:@Case on Excedrin-
Actually, I think the most direct contradiction is this:
Excedrin wrote:Kmd4390 is on an Ur-Quan Dreadnought.
KMD wrote:My role is Lololo, Utwig and my ship is Utwig Jugger.
One of them is lying. I'm fine with lynching one and role-blocking the other.
That exchange is what leads me to believe that they are cross-bussing. If there are two left.

Ready to hammer Excedrin, so if you have anything important to tell us now's the time.
Kappa
Just Monika
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:20 am

Post by Papa Zito »

lolcrosspost. Reading.
Kappa
Just Monika
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Excedrin »

Kast wrote:Zito's info that flavor doesn't support a Zoq-Fot-Pik scanner ability also inclines me to vote Excedrin.
I've played the entire game, I'd rather claim Supox or Orz or something than ZFP on an Umgah ship.
Kast wrote:
(Interestingly, the wiki on Zoq-Fot-Pik mentions that they provide the alliance with blueprints for their own ship; if Excedrin is false claiming, I'm guessing he used this as the basis for his claim).
Does this work too: if Excedrin is not false claiming, I'm guessing SpyreX used this as the basis for the ZFP racial ability.

Kmd4390's claim, of being on a ship that's basically kill immune, but has an active racial ability that he doesn't need to activate each night, and that has no other active abilities, seems like an actual fake claim to me.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Ugh.

Kmd, can I have your full, completely unabridged claim please, without having to guess and draw things out over multiple posts?
Kappa
Just Monika

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”