Newbie 848 - The Bunny Mafia Family - over finally!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:46 am

Post by Incognito »

Vote Count #9 of Day 1

Jase (1) <-~ broncofaninmd
Nachomamma8 (3) <-~ Haylen, foilist13, Bwian
broncofaninmd (1) <-~ Sposh
TheBeanBurrito (3) <-~ MichelSableheart, Jase, Nachomamma8

Not voting (1) <-~ TheBeanBurrito

With 9 alive, 5 will do it.

Deadline (2 days) wrote:
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:12 am

Post by Sposh »

You know what... it's obvious that nobody is going to join in on my bronco vote before tomorrow. I'm going to have limited access due to work :(

So I'm going to go ahead and place my vote on
vote: Nachomamma8
because I like his wagon much more than Bean's.
I want it now // I want it now
Give me your heart and your soul

[b]W/L/D: 0/0/0[/b]
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:09 am

Post by Haylen »

Unvote

You do realise that you just put Nachomamma at L-1? And that this could cause a Mafia Quicklynch, if he is, indeed, town?
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:19 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Haylen, you do realize that there is a deadline tomorrow? And that there won't be a lynch unless there is a clear majority on someone?
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:27 am

Post by Jase »

MichelSableheart wrote:Haylen, you do realize that there is a deadline tomorrow? And that there won't be a lynch unless there is a clear majority on someone?
If it comes to it I'll change my vote since the nacho wagon seems to be more popular.
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:44 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'll admit that I haven't really been playing as good as I should've been, but does everyone here think a me-wagon is that much better than a TBB wagon? At least I've have been putting my input into things and scumhunting a bit, as opposed to TBB who just likes to "watch, and decide".

Also, notice at what times he's posted after the game's started. Once on the 4th, once on the 7th, once on the 9th, once on the 10th, and once on the 15th. During this grand total of 5 posts, he's required one prod (which he didn't pick up for almost 48 hours, might I add), he hasn't had one suspect, and he hasn't offered his input on anything that has happened.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:37 am

Post by Incognito »

TheBeanBurrito has been prodded.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:32 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

Nachomamma8 wrote:I'll admit that I haven't really been playing as good as I should've been, but does everyone here think a me-wagon is that much better than a TBB wagon? At least I've have been putting my input into things and scumhunting a bit, as opposed to TBB who just likes to "watch, and decide".

Also, notice at what times he's posted after the game's started. Once on the 4th, once on the 7th, once on the 9th, once on the 10th, and once on the 15th. During this grand total of 5 posts, he's required one prod (which he didn't pick up for almost 48 hours, might I add), he hasn't had one suspect, and he hasn't offered his input on anything that has happened.
First off
unvote

@Michel's post 203= yes that was the sequence of events.

I agree with Nacho here.
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:36 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

Sposh wrote:I'm still here, guys!!

Sorry, been working at my new job all weekend! I see Nacho has some heat on him... I still prefer a Bronco lynch, but as Michel said above, I'd prefer a Nacho lynch over a no lynch.
Can you explain your previous post 176
Oh! Okay... Um, I don't really understand the point of the question, but I'll answer it the best I can!

I think bronco is scummy, and Jase was the one he was pseudo-questioning. While that does not make Jase town, it alleviates my day one concerns.

As for you, your vote on me was understandable... but then Teh voted me and threw out "piggyback" reasoning (I like that word!). He also said I voted randomly and without reason.

Bottom line, it seems like you and Jase are actually trying to scumhunt, while bronco was more poking around with a stick but not really hunting.

But for right now, I'd much rather lynch teh than anyone else
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Nachomamma8 wrote: And, Unvote, Vote: TheBeanBurrito. He hasn't really said or done anything beneficial or interesting, town or otherwise.
This strikes me as scummy.

Jase said exactly the same thing a few posts earlier which I guess is fine, but for Nacho to jump on the same thing immediately seems like piggybacking trying to start a bandwagon. This isn't huge, but it's one of several things.
Nachomamma8 wrote: Foilist, please think about the way you sound for a moment. I'll answer your questions tomorrow.

Well this was two days ago, and you have entirely avoided my questions, which to me is a huge scum tell. The easiest defense for a scum player is to divert attention, which is exactly what Nachomamma has done.

Lets see some answers here, or your bandwagon is only going to get larger.
Nachomamma8 wrote: I'll admit that I haven't really been playing as good as I should've been, but does everyone here think a me-wagon is that much better than a TBB wagon? At least I've have been putting my input into things and scumhunting a bit, as opposed to TBB who just likes to "watch, and decide".
This is an appeal to emotion. And in answer to your question, no. I'd rather TBB be replaced than mislynched. There is no indication that he's scum, just a disinterested player. When he's replaced out we'll deal with his successor.
Nachomamma8 wrote: All of my anti-town positions take up until my long post were for that very reason.
Now lets just make one thing perfectly clear. It is never pro-town to be anti-town. Shockingly thats why it's called anti-town. Saying you had some reason for acting anti-town is not a defense. All you've done is say "no really, it's good for the town" and tried to shift attention to someone else.

Replaced by YamiJoey. - Incog-Mod
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

It's close to the deadline, what do you expect me to do? It is my duty as a townie to get someone I'm unsure of lynched instead of a confirmed townie. Giving up now, as you seem to want me to do, would be EXTREMELY anti-town.

And how are you so sure TBB would be mislynched? And how the hell was that an appeal to emotion?

And as for the last point, you're wrong. Taking an anti-town position to serve a pro-town purpose =/= anti-town.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

As for your fun little post...
foilist13 wrote:
Unvote Vote:Nachomamma8

Yes, I just dared you to lynch me. How does everyone feel about this?
Sounds fine to me.

Now here are all the reasons why what you just did was completely anti-town.

1. Despite the fact that the town outnumber the scum, we cannot afford throwing away one of our players the first day because he decided to be a martyr. If we lynch you and you flip town, thats two town dead and NO information to go on. You realize how easy it would be, and probably will be for scum to just bandwagon you right now and jump into the second day without any serious evidence against them? As scum, assuming you thought this out, you could just pull a stunt like that, we wouldn't lynch you because it was stupid, and then you could point to it later when you get into trouble.

But obviously you don't care whether I flip town or scum, you just want me dead. And if it was going to be SO easy for scum to bandwagon me right now, then why did you bandwagon me in this post? You just said how easy it would be for scum to bandwagon me, and then did so yourself. Wouldn't the townie thing to do be to investigate a few other people, and see what pro-town things THEY'VE done? Obviously there is a mafioso on my bandwagon, that's just a bandwagon too easy to pass up, right? So when I flip town, try investigating a few people who pile on my bandwagon, especially after this post, where you gave everyone the urgence to.

2. Good logic vs. Bad logic, what a treat.

Good logic:
"The RVS is good." ~ The RVS is the birth of the game of mafia in itself. It is extremely important to the game itself, especially when it starts to become later in the game. Day 1 is the scum's easiest time at getting a mislynch, and it is also the time when newbie scum are first trying out their wings; thus, it is often an extremely effective tool in catching scum. And despite popular belief, I don't view the RVS as having ended when the first accusation is made; it's still everyone groping around in the dark. The RVS has ended when the first valid accusation is made, and people become confident that they have singled out a scum member.
I will concede that, oh, lets say 1 in 60 successful lynches result from the RVS. In the RVS people can throw out whatever bullshit they want. "Vote: So and So for wrongful use of satire." So could you tell me what this tells you? Really you must be brilliant.

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12091. I figured out RPG was scum mainly BY the RVS. So.... thanks for the complement, buddy!

"Game-relevant questions are good for scum." ~ Even if you aren't the one who initiated the change in procedure, the scum end up benefitting more from the information than the town does. If you can come up with some game-relevant questions to dispute that fact, then be my guest.
Now what the fuck have you been smoking? How in the bloody world do you expect to catch scum without relevant information? Looking at the RVS? You have fun with that.

Don't ask the same question twice.

Or maybe you meant that the town benefit, but the scum benefit
more.
Brilliant deduction. Now tell me, as scum, what do you get from game relevant questions? Opportunity for bandwagoning or lurking? The scum don't need to guide the town, they only need to evade the town. So long as you don't get lynched, you don't care. Content helps to lead the town to scum, and makes it more difficult for the scum to hide. The scum get chances to jump on bandwagons for foolish town players who made mistakes too grievous to defend themselves from and aren't really benefitting the town anyway. Now tell me again, how does this benefit the scum exactly?

Umm... but good scum will guide the town. With game relevant questions in the RVS, scum can rolefish like pros without any heat back on them, they can frame newbies, and they can learn who's comfortable and who's not. Do you need an example of this, too?

Bad logic:
"Townie players should appear scummy." ~ Obviously false. Townies should act as pro-town as possible to give MORE information on their deaths. After all, it's much easier to pinpoint a scum who makes a case against a pro-town player than vice-versa. When you act pro-town, you take away the scum's choices for who to try to get a mislynch on.

So... this is a bad thing? I fail to see your reasoning here. If all the town players play pro town, the scum have no choice but to play as town as possible. Only they or unintelligent or careless town will make a mistake which will eventually lead to a lynch. The most pro-town players will probably be night killed, but if they aren't, and everyone seems pro-town, then it is a fair bet that they are scum. There are all sorts of ways to play a game like this that are much easier than trying to sift through all the other town player's "Good Logic."

Congratulations, you added more to my point. Honestly, what was the purpose of this? To incriminate me more, 'cuz I don't see how that helped.

However, acting excessively scummy is NOT a bad town strategy, but expect to be lynched if you do try it. If you haven't read any Mastin games, I'd highly suggest doing so. He usually is a HORRIBLE scum, but quite a good townie. Everyone gloms onto him, and scum see the opportunity for the mislynch to happen. Townies normally reanalyze people's interactions with him, and their questions put scum in quite the tight position, who normally don't think of valid reasons to get someone lynched.
So we should all be martyrs and when we've all died we'll see for sure who is scum? Or what, we should all be scummy so that we don't get night killed? So there is no way that town players acting scummy would lead to scum players who slip to get by? But no, if
they
slipped we would all know, right?

Did you miss my whole point?

Sposh: I've run out of time for the moment, but if you'd still like me to comment on you I will as soon as I can.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by Incognito »

I'd just like to remind everyone that the deadline will still be falling tomorrow since there was very little down-time to the site. Please keep in mind my deadline lynch rule:

Incognito wrote:
Voting, Lynching, and Death

• At deadline, no majority = no lynch. Chyeah.

And here's an updated vote count:

Vote Count #10 of Day 1

Nachomamma8 (3) <-~ foilist13, Bwian, Sposh
TheBeanBurrito (3) <-~ MichelSableheart, Jase, Nachomamma8

Not voting (3) <-~ TheBeanBurrito, Haylen, broncofaninmd

Deadline (~18 hours) wrote:
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:17 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

Once again i agree with Nacho. He is here and the TBB has not even made an attempt.
VOTE THE BEAN BURRITO
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:49 am

Post by Sposh »

FOUR HOURS UNTIL DEADLINE!!

TBB will go for Nacho, bronco just went for TBB.

That leaves it down to Haylen if nobody else switches their vote!
I want it now // I want it now
Give me your heart and your soul

[b]W/L/D: 0/0/0[/b]
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:15 am

2.5 hours till deadline.

Nachomamma is at L-2,
TBB is at L-1.

I do not believe we can count on TBB checking this thread before deadline hits.
I don't think we should count on Haylen checking this thread before deadline hits either.

I will be online for the next 25 minutes. If someone puts Nachomamma at L-1 during that time, I will hammer him. However, if noone puts Nachomamma at L-1, I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GUARANTEE A LYNCH!

This means that, in that case, someone who isn't currently voting TBB will have to hammer him.

Sposh, with just 4 hours before deadline, you didn't hammer. Why? Will you be able to hammer TBB before deadline hits?
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:43 am

I have to log out now, and won't be able to log back in before deadline hits.

I strongly urge anyone who has a chance to hammer, to do so, in order to guarantee a lynch.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:30 am

Post by Incognito »

Reminder: 30 minutes until deadline.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Incognito »

Incognito's Final Vote Count of Day 1 wrote:
Nachomamma8 (3) <-~ foilist13, Bwian, Sposh
TheBeanBurrito (4) <-~ MichelSableheart, Jase, Nachomamma8, broncofaninmd

Not voting (2) <-~ TheBeanBurrito, Haylen

I guess technically I can't blame you. If I had to choose between nachos or burritos, I'd have a difficult time too.

The number of votes needed for a lynch to happen is currently insufficient. Therefore,
no lynch
has occurred.

It is now Night 1. Please have any and all Night actions in to me within 72 hours of this post. Day 2 will begin at around this time on Friday, October 23rd.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:35 am

Post by Incognito »

foilist13 has requested replacement. I'm looking for one currently. Night 1 will not come to an end until I can find one.

Edit:
YamiJoey replaces foilist13 effective immediately. Night 1 will still continue along the same timeframe.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by Incognito »

Driven by the same level of anger and determination that the Bunny Mafia underlings developed over the death of their Don, they set out to kill the members of this very town one by one by one. Their first victim was an interesting fellow -- he started out looking very much like sxizzor then he gradually began to look like foilist13 but by the end of the Night, he looked exactly like... YamiJoey. YamiJoey's body looked terrible after being killed. Apparently the members of the Bunny Mafia family wouldn't just stab or shoot their victims like normal mafia members would do. Nope. Not these guys. They were waaaaaaaayyy too sophisticated for that. The Bunny Mafia family would infect their victims with a highly virulent form of myxomatosis that would normally only affect rabbits but was, in its current form, able to infect and kill humans. YamiJoey's body had numerous pox-like tumors along his skin and foam leaking out of his mouth. A quick check of his pulse revealed he was almost certainly dead.

YamiJoey,
Townie
, myxomatosis'ed Night 1.
It is now Day 2. With 8 alive, 5'll do it.
Your deadline is now set for Friday, November 13th at 7 P.M. EDT.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Dude, that's a Radiohead song...

Anyways, TBB, do you have any input to share on what happened yesterday?

Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by Jase »

You've got to be kidding me. Five people who could've hammered, and not one of you could be bothered to do it? Maybe you didn't know, but a no lynch is almost always bad.
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:52 pm

That was an extremely bad end of day 1. We basically lost a lynch there. Assuming that the mafia kills every night, we now can only mislynch once without losing the game (mislynching twice means 4 players, 2 mafia -> no attainable mafia lynch). With 9 players alive, we could mislynch twice (5 players, 2 mafia, Lylo but not yet lost).

Haylen, why on earth did you unvote in post #227? 1 day before deadline (with no lynch if there is no clear majority) is NOT the moment to be worried about mafia quicklynching.

Jase, in post #229, you said you would change your vote if necessary. Were you online after that? When? If the two of us had changed our votes, we would have been able to guarantee a lynch. Did you consider moving your vote for that purpose? Personally, I didn't know when you would be online again. I considered switching to Nachomamma when I made post #241, but didn't, as I had no reason to believe that made a lynch significantly more likely at that point in time.

Sposh, why didn't you hammer TBB in post #239? Isn't getting a lynch more important than lynching your top suspect? What made you believe TBB and Haylen would be online before the deadline?

TBB, you were at L-1 after Bronco voted you. I am assuming that you didn't want to be lynched there. The only other viable lynch at that point in time was Nachomamma. Why weren't you voting him?

Bwian, were were you when the deadline hit? Why didn't you post on monday or tuesday?

Bronco, did you consider who might be able to hammer when you voted? Who did you expect to hammer TBB?

Nachomamma, no questions for you. I don't believe you could have voted anyone else.

I believe I have done everything in my power to try to get a lynch. I strongly encourage everyone to look closely at my actions around deadline though, and question me if there are any doubts.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:56 pm

We may want to consider no lynching again today. We may mislynch once, regardless if there are 8 or 7 players alive. And with 7, we have a better random chance of lynching scum.

That being said, I believe there are better choices that can be made today. Like lynching the person who actively tried not to get a lynch yesterday.

Vote: Haylen

TBB is still a perfectly valid lynch candidate too.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”