Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by Chaco »

Nah, I'd still hammer you. But I'd just rather lynch Saber. Either way, I'd go for both of you.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by Amished »

I really really really want a couple daykills right about now... Doombunny's asking absolutely pointless questions is obviously a front to appear to be scumhunting when not actually doing so.

unvote
vote: Doombunny

I want Saber/SSK dead, but we'll give SSK a chance to say something (anything). Looker I also want dead as I've never seen somebody be so unhelpful in my mafiascum career. Well, I have, but they were all scum.

Clearly I can't convince anybody to switch from either of the candidates to Looker, so I'll wait for him tomorrow; hope that SSK dies due to Saber's actions and lynch DB today. To me, this seems like the best course of action.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by Chaco »

I still think we should only get rid of the other flip dependent, otherwise we lose to much in a one complete day cycle.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Amished »

Rephrase that one chaco? with names?

No, my name is not "Ed."
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Chaco »

Considering who we lynch, Saber or Doom, we should not kill the other unless that one flips scum. Otherwise, we'd have 3 dead, or more, in one Day/Night cycle.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:59 pm

Post by Amished »

So you hold the position that they're only scum if they're scum together? Not one is town while the other is scum?

No, my name is not "Ed."
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by Chaco »

No, I'm saying it's too much to lose in one day. Especially if they both flip town. We're pretty much shit outta' luck if that happens.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by Amished »

You think the mod doesn't balance it if all townies die in 1 day? ........ Yes, cause if we all make 1 mistake; we're boned in a 12 player game. *headdesk*

No, my name is not "Ed."
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Chaco »

Apparently, you don't wouldn't losing 3 townies in one day. It's not worth doing, and I don't see why you continue to do it. That is extraordinarily ill advised, and is a horrid play.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by Amished »

Assuming we're wrong about both saber and doom (which is unlikely, but possible). Mods *plan and balance the game* based on worst case scenarios. Lynching townie, vigging townie, and scum nk'ing townie *are planned for* if the mod *and the mod's reviewers* have an IQ over like 6. IT'S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. I can assure you that it's planned for and balanced. I can guarantee that if Net is 1-shot, his 1-shot hitting town is planned for. I will bet anything you want on it; both because I know how Kairyuu plays, and he's not that stupid. For two people to perform the same uncommonly stupid mistake; by not allowing the town to make any mistakes is ridiculous to the point of impossibility.

Let me put this another way. If we wait with the vig, and later on *hit a townie anyways*, it's no different than to hit one now. FFS is this hard to understand? I realize you're new to the site, but what I'm saying makes perfect sense.

To get rid of our 2nd suspect (widely considered here) now allows us to have *everyone* come in and put in their opinions tomorrow on the flips and who else looks to be scum. If we leave the other alive, we'll all just bandwagon him anyways as they're still the most scummy person around; and we've wasted a day.

Do you understand what I'm saying now?

No, my name is not "Ed."
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by Chaco »

I understand what you're saying and have known this, but it does cut our time down as well. Is it worth the cut? I don't think it is.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

This is rediculous. :roll: What Amished, makes you so eager to want to lynch us all? (me, saber, looker) you're acting like you did when you came back from your V/LA. Also, since it seems as if I'm going to die (either lynched or NKed, that is, if Neto doesn't object) I see no reason why I shouldn't claim right now. Everyone ok with that? If there are no objections I'll be doing that soon.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by Amished »

@Chaco: Does it cut down our time any more than if we make Net wait and then possibly screw up later and shoot a townie? The outcome will still be the same. However, this gives us *more time* to evaluate Net's claim.

@Doom: I feel you're all scum for reasons I've provided in thread. If you'd actually like to defend your actions, go for it. Otherwise keep acting like scum and ignoring it. I don't care if you claim now.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by Chaco »

I'd rather not have 3 roles, or possibly more, known on D1.

Also, Amished, fine whatever. I still don't like it.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by Amished »

But *why*? Do you not agree with my logic? Specifically my point about vigging a townie later in the game rather than now?

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by Amished »

Because the only reason I see for you not wanting us to vig the other of whoever gets lynched is that you're partners with them, or you're partnered with net (who's lying then in this case) and you don't want to out them as an only killing role (highly unlikely).

No, my name is not "Ed."
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Why don't we wait for Neto to speak up about this matter? (his vig shots)
Amished wrote:@Doom: I feel you're all scum for reasons I've provided in thread. If you'd actually like to defend your actions, go for it.
Can you please summerize these reasons for me because the big ones I'm seeing now are
1.Joking, One post I did this, if you want to have a big discussion about this go ahead but I'm still just going to stand by my statement: This is a worthless arguement
2.Not contributing, I feel like I've been contributing. I don't see any way you could have gotten this.
3.Protecting saber, I protected saber for the same reasons I'm protecting myself, saber had horrible reasons against him and I wanted to lynch other people than him

Anyway, I am Sir Integra Hellsing, leader of the war against vampires, and an informed townie meaning at the end of every night I get to know how many vampires are alive because I am so awesome at recognizing them. The end.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by Amished »

Unvote

1) counterclaim anybody? This is fully a flavor claim that I expect to be in the theme; so without CC I believe he's telling the truth.

2) knowing the story behind the theme, I'm trying to figure out how your ability actually helps. We can guess the number of scum anyways, and I don't expect all vampires to be evil either. Pointless, but the flavor is enough to prevent me from voting for him for now.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by Amished »

fuck if I understand your play at all today, DB. Jesus.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by Chaco »

Amished wrote:But *why*? Do you not agree with my logic? Specifically my point about vigging a townie later in the game rather than now?
It's not that I don't agree with your logic, it just makes me uneasy. I don't like the thought of losing 3, or possibly even 4 players, of a 12 player game in one full cycle. I just don't like it. Because, there is not enough information out about those players to safely make connections between them and other players. Thus leaving us in the dark about them, and can possibly go bad from that point on.
Amished wrote:Because the only reason I see for you not wanting us to vig the other of whoever gets lynched is that you're partners with them, or you're partnered with net (who's lying then in this case) and you don't want to out them as an only killing role (highly unlikely).
To an extent your post was tunneling. Anyways, no it's none of that. As I've said, and to reiterate, I find it ill advised and a bad play. Why? Because losing a 1/3 or 1/4 of the game in one cycle
is not
good. You say it's balanced. Balanced doesn't mean in town's favor.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by Chaco »

Bahhhh, stupid underling tag!
Mod: Can you fix that?
You don't have to, it just irritates me.

Done

Anyways, I'll go with Doom's claim for now. No CC here.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by Amished »

Balanced means that if the worst case scenario happens, the town still has opportunity to win.

Fine, say that we don't vig anybody tonight.

We lose 1/6th of our population (lynch and scum kill). We're then at 10 people.

Say we mislynch tomorrow, and we want to vig then (and say the vig misses). The scum will still kill, losing 3. 3/10 is 30%; which impact's the game more than 3/12 that we'd have today. Your logic with your math just doesn't follow. The vig should never kill in case he misses? That's on par that we should never lynch in case we screw up!

No, my name is not "Ed."
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Amished wrote:fuck if I understand your play at all today, DB. Jesus.
Meh, probably my mood. Im not even sure if I know my play either :P
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by Amished »

Care to unvote then Chaco?

Also, playing while moody is probably your worst decision that you could make for whatever alignment you are. As town it causes a distraction and makes a lot of plays look scummy, and as scum it makes you look scummy which obviously you don't want to do.

Hell, take this last page. You've said you were defending Saber because he was being attacked for weak reasons, but then YOU VOTE FOR HIM for no other reason than saying that it's the play of the day. *%&$#%yu$#)*%()&#$%&@*()#)$^ BLARGH.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by Chaco »

Amished wrote:The vig should never kill in case he misses? That's on par that we should never lynch in case we screw up!
Not what I said, and you know it. If not, you should. If you don't get what I mean, so be it. I'm not going to continuously explain my stance if it falls on deaf ears as it seems to be.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”