Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:06 am

Post by Kast »

@All-
Also, if KRW decides to claim, PLEASE don't offer reciprocal information about your own role PM, UNLESS you actually plan to convince others to lynch elsewhere. It always sucks when dying scum outs power roles at deadline.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:29 am

Post by Rising »

Excedrin wrote:did this post by Porkens, where he mentions his plan of destroying his ship because it's a hierarchy ship do anything to change your suspicion of him?
I'd like to answer that after the night, if I may. I have a theory, but it would be useless if I revealed it at this moment.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:03 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Not sure Jelly's gonna be around before deadline. I think she's working tonight. If anyone wants to say anything before I hammer, I'd do so in the next 4-5 hours.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:16 am

Post by Rising »

I'll hammer in two hours, tops.
KeelieRavenWolf
KeelieRavenWolf
Townie
KeelieRavenWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:31 am

Post by KeelieRavenWolf »

@ Rising
It was not an attempt to seem "oblivious" to MS, but to let you all know that I have never in my life played SC. I know nothing of it's races/names/abilities. Sorry to dissapoint.
I DO know what green lettering means, it was an obviously failed attempt at internet sarcasm. I've gotten to the point where there are few other ways for me to say "I'm Town, not Scum!" other than to challenge my own basic intellect of how this game's color scheme goes.
@ Zito
It seems to me as if your logic does not make sense. You know I havent been at my computer often, yet you seem to think I have wiki-ed the information on SC.
I've told you that I've never played SC before, and you still post as if I should know exactly what you are talking about.
You keep saying it is IMPOSSIBLE for SpyreX to have given me such a small amount of information, yet Kast states there was no backstory to his role either. Why is it just I who have been singled out due to my "inaccurate" and "sparse" information?

@ Everbody else
I'm sorry you seem to think I'm Scum, but here's a thought; Is Zito putting TOO much pressure against me? I've stated my role, as well as ever shred of background information given to me by SpyreX, and he still fights against what I've stated, claiming me to be the scum. Isn't it possible that he is trying to throw you off by sending you on a seemingly scum-scented trail? I'll admit my inability to post earlier must seem scummy; for that I am sorry. But I assure you, I am not.

Lynch Zito. I'll be here next day round if I'm wrong, feel free to lynch me then. But not now.

But KMD was right, I'm off to work now.
Choose what you will, this is my final post in self-defense.
Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?

*That's how you deal with loss; You fling yourself back into life.*
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:53 am

Post by Kast »

I'll be here next day round if I'm wrong, feel free to lynch me then.
I dislike this. If you think it is valid to punish you for lurking behavior that you claim is outside your control, then waiting until D2 is unnecessary.

-No comment about name.
-No comment about "flavor".

I don't get a sense that you are very interested in staying alive, which is perplexing (though perhaps you've just got a lot of stuff going on).
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:26 am

Post by Papa Zito »

KeelieRavenWolf wrote: It seems to me as if your logic does not make sense. [1]You know I havent been at my computer often, yet you seem to think I have wiki-ed the information on SC.
[2]I've told you that I've never played SC before, and you still post as if I should know exactly what you are talking about.
[3]You keep saying it is IMPOSSIBLE for SpyreX to have given me such a small amount of information, yet Kast states there was no backstory to his role either. Why is it just I who have been singled out due to my "inaccurate" and "sparse" information?
1. Doesn't take that long to search a wiki. Also, maybe that's partially why you've been scarce until now?
2. That's the exact opposite of what I said. I said you screwed up your fakeclaim because you don't know the game.
3. No. Kast said his PM has flavor, you state that yours does not.
4. None of this addresses the non-flavor part - your survivor/3rd party wincon.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by Rising »

Keelie wrote:it was an obviously failed attempt at internet sarcasm
I don't think it was. I really don't. Your attack on Zito is not something I would've expected from scum, but this - that you're playing the sarcasm-card NOW (why not earlier?) - makes me confident enough to hammer, before I go to sleep.

vote: Keelie

G'night, folks.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Lynch!

Kmd4390(0):
Dry-fit (0):
Locke Lamora(0):
Papa Zito(4): Locke Lamora, KeelieRavenWolf, Kmd4390
Excedrin(0):
Plum (0):
Rising (0):
Kast (0):
KeelieRavenWolf (7): Porkens, sigma, Papa Zito, Plum, Kast, Excedrin, Rising

sigma (1): Dry-fit
Rosso Carne (0):

Not Voting (1): Rosso Carne

------

“Tensions were unbelievably high. Without strict military training and running blind they were ready to kill anything that moved wrong…or moved at all, as it came to pass.” He paused for near a minute before he continued on, “As expected, a ship moved a bit too close and batteries were charged for total annihilation.”

“Before the shots rang out, they heard a pitiful call from the vessel stating it was not only an Alliance member vessel but one of the few remaining Mmrnmhrm. That it was there to survive, to find a chance to rebuild and that its salvation would only be found through ending the war.”

“Of course, they would not be dissuaded. Moments later the ship was torn to shreds and the blackened husk floated softly towards the Rainbow World that had trapped them all here.” Zelnick chuckled, “Luckily, as the ship moved near the Rainbow World they did have a moment to run some rudimentary scans getting a biosign as well as a ship reading.”

“The start of this battle was reaffirmation that in war it pays more to be lucky than good.”

KeelieRavenWolf: (
Rogash, Ilwrath, Hierarchy
) has been lynched.

An
Ilwrath Avenger
has been destroyed.

Night ends: 6:00 PM PST Saturday October 10th. (Any actions not in by then are forfeit).

Note: I may be unavailable at 6:00 PM. I will get the flavor up asap. Night still ends at 6:00 so actions will be forefit.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:32 pm

Post by SpyreX »

“Of course, after even a single shot is fired it is too hard to hold yourself back. Explosions rocked truespace, sending shrapnel in every direction.” He then, once again, shook his head at the memory. “Amazingly, readings were taken on both the scraps floating in space. It looked like our luck was going to hold out, again.”

A
Thraddash Torch
was destroyed.
A
Mycon Podship
was destroyed.

Porkens is floating in space.

sigma is floating in space.

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch!

Deadline: Saturday, October 17th at 10:30 PM PST
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:36 pm

Post by Rising »

ok, Porkens and sigma, which one of these ships was yours? Everybody else; should we discuss openly which one of us should pick up these pilots? Not knowing would make it tougher for scum to target the right ship, but we cannot risk loosing pilots because everyone thought someone else would pick 'em up.

Eh... and sigma? Tell us why we should let you live, when your ship was written in Red. And it better be a good explanation. The fact that you were early on the keelie wagon makes me think that you're probably not scum (Or at least not in the same scumgroup as Rogash) but it's still suspicious.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:42 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Lawl. That's fitting. Good deal.

+1 to the sigma question.
Kappa
Just Monika
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:15 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Porkens ship was Thraddash, btw.
Porkens wrote:It's in one of you "non-guaranteed alliance" lists.
I'll go ahead and

vote: sigma

pending an explanation on how the Mycon could possibly be town.
Kappa
Just Monika
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:31 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vote Sigma

Unclaimed red ship pretty much means he has to be scum.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:05 am

Post by sigma »

Hi folks.

I was in the same situation as Porkens: town guy in mafia ship. I decided to jettison my ship, same as Porkens.

By the way, my ship was the Thraddash, not the Mycon ship. Doesn't really matter that much.

I also think the scum tried to kill me or porkens and failed because the jettison took place before the kill action.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:57 am

Post by Papa Zito »

sigma wrote:Hi folks.

I was in the same situation as Porkens: town guy in mafia ship. I decided to jettison my ship, same as Porkens.

By the way, my ship was the Thraddash, not the Mycon ship. Doesn't really matter that much.

I also think the scum tried to kill me or porkens and failed because the jettison took place before the kill action.
Oh pshaw.

So a townie in a scum ship is effectively a miller. You're trying to convince me that there are two millers in this game?

Why didn't you bring up being in a scum ship when Porkens did? Why weren't you suspicious of Porkens for being in the same situation that you were in?

:( This sucks. I thought you were town.
Kappa
Just Monika
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:10 am

Post by Rising »

sigma wrote:I was in the same situation as Porkens: town guy in mafia ship. I decided to jettison my ship, same as Porkens.
Come on! That's awful.

vote sigma

What race are you, then? And why were you on a Thraddash ship? And what racial ability did your ship have?
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:20 am

Post by Excedrin »

Rising wrote:Everybody else; should we discuss openly which one of us should pick up these pilots? Not knowing would make it tougher for scum to target the right ship, but we cannot risk loosing pilots because everyone thought someone else would pick 'em up.
Everyone who's town should attempt to pick up jettisoned players (it's mentioned in the 1st post that if A, B, C all attempt to pick up D, then one of A,B,C randomly succeeds).
sigma wrote:I also think the scum tried to kill me or porkens and failed because the jettison took place before the kill action.
So you think that for "kill" to succeed, the targeted player has to be in their ship?
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:13 am

Post by sigma »

Papa Zito wrote: So a townie in a scum ship is effectively a miller. You're trying to convince me that there are two millers in this game?

Why didn't you bring up being in a scum ship when Porkens did? Why weren't you suspicious of Porkens for being in the same situation that you were in?
Yes.

Porkens and Kast had an exchange where they encouraged others not to follow Porkens' example in claiming ship/race similarity. see porkens' iso 20. Actually, porkens claiming that lessened my suspicion of him -- see my iso for that.
rising wrote: What race are you, then? And why were you on a Thraddash ship? And what racial ability did your ship have?
I'd rather not claim race, but it's a town race. paraphrasing, the flavor says that I didn't have my own ship, so I used the first one I could find. the racial ability of the ship was to make myself untargetable at night.
excedrin wrote:So you think that for "kill" to succeed, the targeted player has to be in their ship?
Yes, or at least jettisoning interferes with a kill.

Let's use some logic, people. Why would I bus my scum-partner and then jettison my ship which allows me to be untargetable? What sequence of night actions would result in porkens and me getting a ship destroyed? I don't think you can come up with a plausible scenario where I'm scum.
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:57 am

Post by Rising »

sigma wrote:I'd rather not claim race
Well... Since we have reason to believe that scum have bad/no safeclaims in this setup, I personally think you should raceclaim. Let's see what others think.
sigma wrote:the racial ability of the ship was to make myself untargetable at night.
And why did you think it wold be dangerous if a thraddash scumplayer got to use that ability? That doesn't strike me as a huge threat. Especially not if a townplayer knew about it from the start.
sigma wrote:Let's use some logic, people. Why would I bus my scum-partner and then jettison my ship which allows me to be untargetable?
Erm... What kind of logic is this? Your ship's alleged untargetability is not confirmed at all. And neither is it confirmed that you did jettison your ship. I think it's far more likely that a vig targeted your ship, (or that your ship exploded thanks to a succesful doc-action or some other defensive ability) and that you're simply lying about your ships ability. There are numerous scenarios that makes more sense than the one you're telling us.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:09 am

Post by sigma »

Why would a vig target me? Seems like a vig would have killed someone who wasn't second on Keelie's wagon. The bodyguard possibility is an interesting possibility that hadn't occurred to me, though.
Your ship's alleged untargetability is not confirmed at all.
Zito will confirm that this makes sense, though. The name of my ability is "Afterburners". Thraddash Torches in SCII are the fastest ship in the game when using afterburners. I had enough energy to use this ability twice.

Getting into the reasons why I chose to jettison is tied up with my race, so I don't want to go into that yet. Are you guys going to force a claim from me? Again, if I'm scum I did a very early bus of Keelie -- you guys need to reconcile these two things. We should be looking elsewhere for scum, in my opinion.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:13 am

Post by Papa Zito »

sigma wrote:Porkens and Kast had an exchange where they encouraged others not to follow Porkens' example in claiming ship/race similarity. see porkens' iso 20. Actually, porkens claiming that lessened my suspicion of him -- see my iso for that.
Wow, really? You put an in-thread exchange over guaranteed info?
rising wrote:the racial ability of the ship was to make myself untargetable at night.
There's nothing, absolutely nothing, about a Thraddash ship that would grant that ability.
sigma wrote:Let's use some logic, people. [1]Why would I bus my scum-partner and [2]then jettison my ship which [3]allows me to be untargetable? What sequence of night actions would result in porkens and me getting a ship destroyed? I don't think you can come up with a plausible scenario where I'm scum.
1. Townie cred. Your scumpartner was weak.
2. I think it was destroyed, not jettisoned.
3. ORLY?
SpyreX wrote:
Ships may possess:

R) Racial Abilities -
These abilities are only active if you are the same race as the ship you are on.
They may be A or P and follow the rules for them as detailed above.
Diescumdie.
Kappa
Just Monika
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:15 am

Post by Papa Zito »

sigma wrote:Thraddash Torches in SCII are the fastest ship in the game when using afterburners.
False.
Kappa
Just Monika
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:21 am

Post by sigma »

Papa Zito wrote:
sigma wrote:Porkens and Kast had an exchange where they encouraged others not to follow Porkens' example in claiming ship/race similarity. see porkens' iso 20. Actually, porkens claiming that lessened my suspicion of him -- see my iso for that.
Wow, really? You put an in-thread exchange over guaranteed info?
rising wrote:the racial ability of the ship was to make myself untargetable at night.
There's nothing, absolutely nothing, about a Thraddash ship that would grant that ability.
sigma wrote:Let's use some logic, people. [1]Why would I bus my scum-partner and [2]then jettison my ship which [3]allows me to be untargetable? What sequence of night actions would result in porkens and me getting a ship destroyed? I don't think you can come up with a plausible scenario where I'm scum.
1. Townie cred. Your scumpartner was weak.
2. I think it was destroyed, not jettisoned.
3. ORLY?
SpyreX wrote:
Ships may possess:

R) Racial Abilities -
These abilities are only active if you are the same race as the ship you are on.
They may be A or P and follow the rules for them as detailed above.
Diescumdie.
Zito, I don't understand your third point. are you saying that sigma-scum is not a thraddash?
false.
what??? what's faster?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:26 am

Post by Papa Zito »

I'm saying you just admitted to being Thraddash. Thraddash are confirmed scum.

Druuge are faster.
Kappa
Just Monika

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”