mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:42 am

Post by mith »

Vote Count:
5 to lynch.

zu_Faul: 2 (charter, Kmd4390)

Not Voting: 6 (ekiM, elvis_knits, PookyTheMagicalBear, Thesp, VP Baltar, zu_Faul)
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:51 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

i like baltar as town cuz he coulda lynched me if he was scum and lynching me woulda been bad bad for the town.

plus i dont think rofl would've fakeclaimed and pointed to 2 scum as his innocents. besides he was only really lover-linked to yos.

still

zu/thesp must die

vote zu_faul
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:56 am

Post by VP Baltar »

vote Zu_faul

:) should be fun when he checks this thread.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:58 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm so tempted to hammer.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Now, now, EK. Give the scum a chance to flail a little bit. That's like cutting into a blueberry pie before the filling has gelled.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:14 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I know. I'm so torn between imagining his surprise when he checks the thread to find himself already dead, vs. reading some more funny posts where he angrily accuses me of seeing anyone who agrees with me as town.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:58 am

Post by mith »

Vote Count:
5 to lynch.

zu_Faul: 4 (charter, Kmd4390, PookyTheMagicalBear, VP Baltar)

Not Voting: 4 (ekiM, elvis_knits, Thesp, zu_Faul)
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:58 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I wouldn't be against a hammer.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:02 am

Post by Thesp »

Good, then.

Vote: zu_Faul.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:03 am

Post by mith »

Final Vote Count:
5 to lynch.

zu_Faul: 5 (charter, Kmd4390, PookyTheMagicalBear, Thesp, VP Baltar)

Not Voting: 3 (ekiM, elvis_knits, zu_Faul)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:14 am

Post by mith »

Acceleration

"What do you mean they've already lynched someone else?! It's not even 9am!"

"The perils of doing live television, Mr. Hall."

"Well, I can't go on without my makeup. We're on HD! And that takes at least two hours. Not to mention wardrobe, and..."

An impatient Mr. Grey, already annoyed at having to take time away movie production to sort out this hold up on the television show, stands and tosses a folder on Monty Hall's desk.

"We have a contract, Mr. Hall. And I am sure you wouldn't want to break that contract... you know the consequences."

Monty Hall gulps. He looks away from Mr. Grey's cold gaze at the folder. He know what's inside. A photo that makes him ill to look at.

"I am glad we have an understanding. You have five minutes. I'll have my assistant notify lighting, I'm sure they will be able to work some magic and ease your high definition concerns."

Mr. Grey turns to leave. Monty Hall watches until the door shuts, then turns to the mirror above his desk and messes with his hair. He glances down again at the folder. Unable to resist, he reaches down and opens up the folder to reveal...

After puking in the sink, Monty Hall leaves his dressing room and hurries to the set.

zu_Faul hasn't made it to the Community Centre when the others decide that he will be the next to feel the noose tighten around his neck. He is still in his living quarters, brushing his teeth.

After scrubbing thoroughly, flossing, gargling with some sort of awful tasting liquid which claims to be just as effective as flossing, and wondering how much more effective both flossing and using mouthwash is than just doing one or the other, he dries his hair and dresses.

It is still quite early in the morning, and, unaware that the others are already awake and hungry for the blood of the guilty, he picks up the Llamaville Gazette - a collection of noteworthy news, comics, fake news, and classified ads. He circles a couple of ads - one for a knife, one for a semi-automatic - reads a funny story about the Nobel prize, and then tosses the paper aside, ready to face the day.

He is not, however, ready to face the lynch mob which has formed outside his door.

zu_Faul (Mafia Goon) has been lynched. It is Night 5. Deadline is Monday, October 12.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by mith »

Confrontation

The production team of InVy Inc. is sitting around an elliptical table, tossing around ideas about how best promote the product going into the final episodes, when the door bursts open and a young man with a handheld camera rushes in.

"I got it! I got it!"

The crew has been trying to capture an actual murder on camera for their viewing audience, but in addition to the legal difficulties involved they have simply been unable to catch the Mafia in the act. Secret cameras have been disabled, tails have been lost (one was later found upside down in a garbage bin by the ninja janitorial staff, unable to remember how he had arrived there)... the Mafia sure know how to sneak around. So, naturally, the production crew is excited that they finally have something to show.

Through his window, the camera shows Kmd4390 is cleaning his gun. It is dark - the middle of the night. It is unclear whether he is about to head out to shoot someone, or if he just can't sleep. His face is lit only by the moonlight streaming through the window; the cameraman is careful to avoid casting any shadows.

There is a soft metallic sound as the front door is picked. The camera jerks around to see who is entering, but the intruder has already made his way inside. The view shifts back to the vigilante, who is now standing facing the door. The knob turns, barely visible in the low light but seen due to the changes in the light it reflects, and...

"No!"

"The battery died?"

"Argh!"

"Really? I guess we shouldn't be surprised, after everything else that has gone wrong, but... that's kinda lame."

Kmd4390 (1-shot Vigilante) is dead. It is Day 6. With 6 alive, it will take 4 to lynch before deadline, which is three weeks from this post.
Last edited by mith on Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by charter »

vote Thesp

Farewell Kmd. We should have a moment of silence to mourn him.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

moment of silence observed

Vote: Thesp
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:54 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I suspected kmd didn't have bullets since he wasn't shooting... pretending to be holding his bullets was good play. Good job, kmd.

I agree thesp is el scumbaggo. I think he should be the lynch.

Is there anything to discuss otherwise?

Playas left:

charter - stumpy
ekiM -vengeful townie
elvis_knits - vanilla
PookyTheMagicalBear, replacing alexhans N1 - vanilla
Thesp - vanilla
VP Baltar - vanilla
Talk nerdy to me.

Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:01 am

Post by Thesp »

Working on a big post now - give me an hour or so, por favor. ¡Gracias!
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:42 am

Post by Thesp »

Still working.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:09 am

Post by Thesp »

Whoa whoa whoa. Two votes this quickly for me today? Wow. I don't understand it (though I have some mild appreciation of elvis_knits's thought on zu_Faul trying to "clear" me earlier in the game and for my vote on Pooky over roflcopter), but I think there are far greater issues to be addressed. I'm blessed with some time this morning, so I might as well make the most of it. My posted analysis only covers confirmed dead scum and living players - I've made mental notes of interactions with dead town, but find it less useful than the rest which I've posted.

Data on Known Scum

==================

Data on Yosarian2:

------------------
Yosarian2 makes very few comments about anyone who is still alive in the game at this point, save elvis_knits whom he "believes" is town. When the VP Baltar v. Xylthixlm wagon comes to debate, he says,
Yosarian2 wrote:All in all, I could see lynching VP today. He wouldn't be my first choice, or my second, but his play in general looks pretty weak to me.
Then he spends many of his subsequent posts saying nothing about VP Baltar, and attacking Xylthixlm hard. When he discusses VP Baltar again, he says he'd be okay to lynch, but reaffirms it's not his first choice, and mildly affirms elvis_knits's hesitation at the speed of the wagon.

The next day, he later addresses the (small) return to VP baltar as such:
Yosarian2 wrote:I thought VP Baltar was scummy yesterday, but I'm really uncomfortable with the line of reasoning people are using. They're basically one of the below:

1. "There are two people who were attacking him yesterday who we now know are pro-town!" Translation: the scum killed someone last night who was attacking VP Balter yesterday, except no one seems to want to put it that way, I guess because if they did then it would be obvious that it was a weak WIFOM argument.

2. "A goon cop was voting him!" Do you really think she had a guilty on him? It seems pretty clear to me that she didn't, reading her posts. She didn't "waffle" on her initial vote, she came out hard against eikM and stayed there for a long time.

That being said, I'm really not happy with VP's level of contribution this game; he hasn't been lurking, but he hasn't really been scumhunting much either. VP, who do you think is scum, and why?
Again, simultaneously defending and weakly attacking - he does this again answering SerialClergyman:
Yosarian2 wrote:No, VP's vanilla claim makes lynching him a lower risk, just like it did with bab. One difference, though, that now that we're down to 13 people with only 4 or 5 scum, it has become pretty crucial to lynch scum today; there is no longer such a thing as a safe lynch in this game.
Later on, he attacks Pooky hard (when populartajo is being run up), but no other options are available.

Data on roflcopter:

-------------------
I find his D2 interesting, where he dropped his "hints". The Yosarian2 slips have popped up, but he says some interesting things about VP Baltar as well:
roflcopter wrote:more serialclergyman votes please. vp baltar should come back to the wagon. yos2 should join us as well.
roflcopter wrote:
SerialClergyman wrote:rofl, if I flipped town, would you eat your hat?
no but i might eat baltar's
:!::!::!:
roflcopter wrote:I really don't like the baltar wagon. serialclergyman had a serious case of having his cake and eating it too in posts 772-773. joining the baltar wagon, and the turning around and slinging mud at ekim for
joining the baltar wagon
? i don't think there's a more obvious way to admit that you know the wagon you're on is bullshit.
These comments look to me like he's setting himself up for possibly claiming to have investigated VP Baltar
or
Yosarian2, then he gets pushed on his Yosarian2 comments, and commits that direction (returning to VP Baltar's "investigation" the next day).
roflcopter attacks few people that are still alive today, but has some choice words for me amidst the iamausername/roflcopter debate:
roflcopter wrote:while i'm on a posting roll here tonight, let me just mention how sneaky-scummy thesp has been of late. still sitting on a baltar vote, making sure i claimed before username, and AGAIN with the vig directing. there wasn't even a second kill last night! why are you wasting time discussing what the vig should do?
Later weakly attacks Pooky while it's one away from a lynch (as a third favorite preference):
roflcopter wrote:kmd is apparently town, so if there's going to be a non-username lynch my preference falls to serialclergyman. or pooky, who does not inspire confidence with his outbursts.
In fact, the Pookywagon was like this at the time with 7 to lynch: PookyTheMagicalBear: 6 (charter, elvis_knits,
iamausername
, Thesp, VP Baltar,
zu_Faul
)
There are 4 uncertains on the wagon, only one of which could be scum, meaning of the 6 people on the Pookywagon at L-1,
4-5 of them were town
In fact, the read from page 64 or 65 onward about the unfolding of D3's lynch is interesting indeed.
roflcopter claims to have investigated me on D4 as scum - make of that what you will.

Data on populartajo:

--------------------
D1 is uninteresting.
Here's his post on the VP Baltar wagon after it died down:
populartajo wrote:Liking the Ojanen baltar case. Ojanen points are strong and baltars responses (to iam also) are lacking. Disliking Baltar more and more as he answers. (I totally dislike excuses as I need sleep, my memory doesnt work) If fast, the wagon feels decent except for thesp and xyl. Fishy L-1.
Attacks people on wagon as much as he attacks VP, including later in this post:
populartajo wrote:
elvis wrote:And I am most suspicious of ekiM, xyl, iam, kmd, serial. Top three are pretty close in terms of order.
Elvis, so why did you vote Baltar?
Subsequent posts make little to no mention of VP Baltar, and heavily attack Xylthixlm, who would become the lynch du jour.
The next day, his "suspicions" of VP Baltar look an awful lot like a defense:
populartajo wrote:Third, the Baltar wagon has its merits but I think people are suspecting Baltar for the wrong reasons which makes me want to reread him, the case against him and decide the fate of this avenue. This day, some of the points against him are weak. For example, the impression I got from yesterday was that the Xyl wagon was not produced by a baltar wagon derailment. Xyl himself was the one who deactivated the wagon by a)trying to switch it to Yos and b)looking super scummy. Serial argument considering Xyltown must mean Baltarscum is something I also dislike.

All the people that voted Baltar over Xyl. Why was Baltar more scummy than Xyl? Why did you have a town read on Xyl?
Also attacks charter for doubting roflcopter:
populartajo wrote:WTF?

Rofl is town.

Big FOS : Charter and KMD.
It's this that pulls the hider claim from populartajo - it seems odd that charter-as-mafia-partner would ahve goaded him into it.
It's also notable that Ekim attacks populartajo heavily for his claim, and populartajo retaliates towards him. populartajo pushes hard on Pooky once the pressure shifts to himself.

Data on zu_Faul:

----------------
zu_Faul takes potshots at charter and Ekim early. He attacks elvis_knits then backs off later. There is, of course, the softclaim that everyone (myself included) except zu_Faul seems to think was an attempt to plant a Vanilla investigation of me:
zu_Faul wrote:I think Thesp is a good citizen.
In fact, when charter preses him later on this, he uses it as an excuse to attack charter.
He renews his push on Ekim. Later when VP Baltar gets his push on D2:
zu_Faul wrote:I don't have time right now, I had a guest over the weekend who stays until tonight. I only skimmed the VP arguments; look closer at them tonight.
...then the later promised post:
zu_Faul wrote:VP Baltar's wagon grew way too fast to not suspect some baleful influence (well, this is somewhat regardless of his alignment - scum would want to be on that wagon either way). The way he attacks ekiM somewhat clears VP for me (a bit like with serialclergyman). His somewhat random attacks on me don't look too much like scum either.
This is another instance where scum have used the "scum-driven quickwagon" fear that has proven entirely unfounded (as the whole wagon was pro-town, with the possible exception of one of {Ekim, elvis_knits, Thesp}). It seems like they're saying "Boo! Go away!" to me.
zu_Faul then tosses an attack at Pooky:
zu_Faul wrote:Pooky has done nothing to easy my suspicions. His argument against VP Baltar is: "Well, Goon Cop voted him." Also, he is trying to misinterpret KMD. It looks like he grabs whatever argument is conveniently lying around, regardless of its value, instead of actual scumhunting.
His later posts return to pushing hard on SerialClergyman and Ekim. When he does return to pushing for Pooky, it's always "Pooky or charter", until populartajo's claim. Then he pushes for Pooky, then backs off thinking roflcopter can clear him (!), then gets back on once populartajo is the alternative.
D4 he hops on roflcopter like the rest of the world and directs the vig after Pooky.

Data on Remaining Players

=========================

Data on charter:

----------------
Takes shots at zu_Faul on D1. On D2, he pushes the Xylthixlm wagon (believing he and I to be scum together), and has zu_Faul right under us. (He pushes Xylthixlm before the competing VP wagon, then sticks with his push when the VP wagon arises.) He does attack Xylthixlm harder for this:
charter wrote:This statement makes no sense and is scummy to boot. Why do you have to swoop down for a quickhammer? How are Yos and VP scumbuddies at all?
(This in response to Xylthixlm's assertion that Yosarian2 is scum as well.)
charter pushes early for populartajo on D3:
charter wrote:Vote tajo
I think kmd/tajo are scum. Tajo has escaped all scrutiny but does not look his normal town self, at all. I will try and elaborate later.
charter wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:Am not.
What do you think of tajo then? Town or scum?
Later, this:
charter wrote:Fine
unvote, vote Roflcopter
charter wrote:I'm pretty much lost in this game, I really don't know if it's one of rofl/iaun, but it seems as if iaun isn't going to be lynched, and I don't really think there's going to be that many vanillas left anyway.

@Thesp, no, I'm not convinced at all.
...seems odd for scum to do in this situation. He later pushes for Pooky and defends roflcopter. It's only later that he switches to populartajo with"
charter wrote:F*** it
unvote, vote tajo
...which pushes significantly towards the lynch and roflcopter/Yosarian's eventual demise. He also notes:
charter wrote:zu faul doesn't want to lynch tajo, which makes me like it more.
In reading charter, while I occasinally had disagreements with some of his reads, I'm having a hard time believing he would be scum with our confirmed scums - his pushes are pretty darn big hits against scum, and go against the seeming scum MO this game of "ignore each other and/or assert each other as town".

Data on Ekim:

-------------
Notes zu_Faul repeatedly on D1. Has little on deadscum until much later.
Pushes early against roflcopter after imausername softclaims. He later calls out Pooky & populartajo on being "criminally absent for most of the game" amidst the claims sorting, before the real wagons of the day start up. When populartajo claims, Ekim hounds him pretty doggedly.

I don't think Ekim is scum.

Data on elvis_knits:

--------------------
Early on, has zu_faul in "Neutral/Doubts", populartajo in "Neutral/lean town", and roflcopter and Yosarian2 in "Town". She presses zu_Faul for info on his approach early, and seems to push him up her scum-meter in talks with roflcopter. She certainly reaffirms this when I ask her about zu_Faul on D1.
D2 he drops off her list in favor of others, her next list shows 1 scum in "Neutral", 3 in "Town".
Later she calls out Yosarian2:
elvis_knits wrote:Yeah, why is Yos beating a dead horse over kmd business and ignoring the VP Baltar drama?
elvis_knits wrote:Yeah, this is the first time I've really felt that Yos was acting scummy. Continuing to latch onto the kmd stuff is pretty pointless. There comes a time when both people have said everything they can on the matter. Yos can still think KMD is scum, but continuing to argue about it is sort of pointless. And doing something pointless instead of commenting on some dramatic events looks like he's purposely staying out of it and hoping that either the lynch will go through before he has to commit, or that he can come in later after the town has decided and blend in with what the majority are saying.
elvis_knits wrote:I do not like Yos piling on here. He admits himself that this is not a reliable scum tell but is using it as a point against VP. Contradiction much?
Later seems to go back on this (?):
elvis_knits wrote:Well, I hear Yos is town, so... wtf.
In her next list, she has
all four scum
in her "Town" list. (?)
When iamausername requests a claim of roflcopter, this is her thoughts to him:
elvis_knits wrote:I also don't see why you need to keep it a secret if you have a guilty on him before he claims. If he's scum, he's scum. If you just want to watch him fake claim for fun... I don't see the point in that. It's just holding us up at this point.
She also defends against a roflcopter lynch:
elvis_knits wrote:I guess you're right. I just am having a hard time choosing. I guess the right choice is to lynch rofl, but I think he's town. Therein lies my problem.
She then waffles back on the thought of roflcopter being scum:
elvis_knits wrote:I guess when I think through all the possibilities, it is most likely that rofl is scum gambitting to save buddy yos. And they're likely lovers. Or yos is lovers with someone else and rofl took the chance to save scum lovers. Otherwise it doesn't make sense for rofl to put his neck out there.

I am still slightly resistant to that idea because I <3 rofl and I haven't thought he was scum all game. But if he flips town, then we have two confirmed innocents in yos and VP. And if he flips scum then we may get a lover suicide in Yos, or we lynch yos tomorrow and we get whoever his lover is to suicide. Because if rofl is scum, Yos probably is too. No other reason for rofl to gambit like that.
elvis_knits wrote:I seriously am contemplating lynching someone outside of the iam/rofl problem because I do think it's possible that they're both town and iamausername was blocked. But it's probably smarter to go with an rofl lynch because there is a lot for us to gain either way: dead scum/scum lovers, or two confirmed innocents.
To her credit, she then pushes
hard
on roflcopter here (half an hour later!):
elvis_knits wrote:OMG

I just had a seriously awesome revelation (if I do say so myself).

Rofl was all about the bridges lynch, even after he claimed vanilla. Which made sense to me at the time... I agreed. But if his role has the specific ability to detect vanilla, don't you think he would have wanted to check bridges instead? Or possibly wavered since he knew he had the specific ability to prove bridges right or wrong?

ROFL: Why did you favor lynching vanilla bridges if you have the ability to check vanilla status?
She also notes this on Yosarian2, who jumps to the top of her list:
elvis_knits wrote:I really really want to know what Yos is going to say about whether or not he thought rofl was a PR after yesterday.
(Notably, if she
is
scum with roflcopter/Yosarian2, then at this point she's clearly made the decision to bus both, and her repeated assertions about mafialovers makes more sense.) She then continues to push on charter. She does move from the Pookywagon to the Tajowagon. She also calls out zu_Faul during the populartajo lynch - if she's scum, she's going full force-bussing here after paying somewhat little attention to most of them over the course of the game.

I came into this analysis presuming I'd find elvis_knits to be obviously pro-town, as everyone else has. I'm not as convinced.

Data on alexhans/PookyTheMagicalBear:

-------------------------------------
alexhans is a wasteland of crap and non-usefulness. No serious contribution towards any scum.
Pooky has these "interesting" posts:
Pooky wrote:hmm

unvote

tajo totally scumbag

done.
Pooky wrote:lawls

xyl so scum

vote xyl
Pooky wrote:wait i just reread tajo's pos.

"Im preparing a big post for tonight with wagon analysis and such. I think I have a decent idea of at least two scum with how things went out yesterday.

In the meanwhile Ill contribute with the Pookyhate. Post or perish. "

that got me giggling a little.

So all three players voting me either have solid scumreads on TWO other players or a decent idea, but are choosing to hatevote a noncontributor without even explaining what they want me to contribute?
Pooky wrote:i believe rofl over iam.

I would lynch Iam today and rofl if Iam flips town.
Pooky wrote:I believe rofl over iam because iam feels fishy to me and I think he basically bungled a counterclaim. Plus rofl just feels townish to me. plus I don't like how he decided to play his jailkeeper role tho that could be just personal preference.
And this when the populartajo wagon is near completion:
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:this game really sucks

cuz i think tajo is town

but I KNOW i am town.

=/
...then later only when pressed on it:
Pooky wrote:unvote
vote tajo

im really innocent.

really!
I don't think anyone would realistically say they've thought Pooky's participation has been pro-town. He's also been consistently wrong on his reads, and favored confirmed town as scum.

Data on VP Baltar:

------------------
Nothing interesting D1 (save his vote on B&B at the end of the day, which still reeks to me). On D2, he attacks iamausername significantly then also says:
VP Baltar wrote:ekiM and zu_faul are also acceptable lynches. I might back a Yos lynch based on his seeming switch in stance on the Kmd/EK thing, but I can't really speak to all the meta business since I've never played with him.
He doesn't revisit zu_Faul or Yosarian2 for some time later, though does press Ekim. Later when Yosarian2 and Xylthixlm have a back-and-forth (and while VP is at a large wagon), VP says this (preemptively?):
VP Baltar wrote:Out of the Yos and Xyl in the last pages, I find myself agreeing with Yos more (here come the buddying accusations).
He also continues to hammer away at Xyl and Ekim, ignoring zu_Faul and Yosarian2. When the IAAUN/roflcopter debate arises, he's firmly pro-roflcopter:
VP Baltar wrote:I also disagree with the logic that IAAUN scum would never claim like he did. If he believed rofl was a real PR, then why not try and get him, especially if he believed he was some sort of investigator.
If I had to pick one of their lynches it would be iam for the Yos push and I'm more inclined to believe rofl based on my own role (though, again, that could have been easily manufactured given I had already claimed).
He's voting for Pooky near the end of D3, then pushes the No Lynch option as an alternative to a populartajo lynch. When pressed by charter, he says:
VP Baltar wrote:However, I think you may be right, and you're one of the few people I've consistently seen as town this game, so I'm more inclined to follow you.

Vote: tajo
It looks like he's trying to garner favor with charter here.
While he's on the populartajo wagon
, he pushes the Pookywagon and dissuades the tajo wagon:
VP Baltar wrote:I fully admit that I'm unsure about it and any lynch on you is mostly because I think charter and EK have made some good points.

That being said, I'm unsure about Pooky as well. Yes, he doesn't have much that points to him being town in this game, but isn't his meta to play like that? I've never played with him before, but that was the impression I was under.
This doesn't look like someone who wants the tajo lynch. He later unvotes from the wagon, and when he returns to it, he pushes for Pooky as preferable:
VP Baltar wrote:I'm going to bed now. I think I should be up before deadline tomorrow, but just in case. Vote: tajo (again). If it gets down to deadline though and no one seems to be showing up to save the day, I would also switch to pooky. Anyhow, night.
This quote also bothers me after the bodyguard has died:
VP Baltar wrote:And ftr, I'm fine with being vigged. Honestly, my bad play early on has made me waaaay too scummy to be useful. Obviously, it is best to vig scum, but if I am going to be a hinderance in an endgame scenario I'd rather be dead.
If VP Baltar is a roleblocker (unlikely?) or a NK-Immune GF, he has zero risk from this possibility.

It should be clear by this point that I think VP Baltar is the most likely to be scum. I also think there are compelling reasons to think that either PookyTheMagicalBear or elvis_knits are scum (with the former being more likely than the latter), and it's extremely unlikely that charter of Ekim are scum. (Unfortunately, our only two roles left.)

I'd appreciate it if those considering voting for me were to go back and review my posts, and see if you think I'm still most likely to be scum. I also think examining the VP Baltar/Xylthixlm wagons are worthwhile. I also think it's absolutely worth revisiting whether or not Ojanen got a guilty result on VP Baltar:
Yosarian2 wrote:Doing a re-read on ojanen now. Re-reading her, I doubt she investigated either eikM or VP; early in day 2 she voted eikM, and didn't mention VP, and later in day 2 she voted VP and didn't mention eikM.
roflcopter wrote:i don't think there's any chance that ojanen investigated baltar
zu_Faul wrote:I got a feeling Baltar is not the way to go. I doubt he was investigated by Ojanen. She did not even mention him until others voiced their suspicions of him.
3 scum were quick to point out that they didn't think Ojanen had a result. I think this was deliberate discreditation - on D2, Ojanen opens with:
Ojanen wrote:I'm going for Mike for now.

vote: ekiM
She makes some posts answering Ekim, then later reverses position and
agrees
with Ekim
. Her next post is a
sua sponte
addressing of VP Baltar, which she never lets up on. This, combined with how quickly our scum were to denounce a possible read on VP Baltar, is hard for me to gloss over. Couple this with his stances throughout the game and how the wagon on Xylthixlm over him went down, I cannot do anything but

Vote: VP Baltar.

Also, if we lynch me or some other town, and there is a tomorrow, the correct play is to force charter to stump, then lynch Ekim and have him kill one of the two players left (provided the rules allow that and won't grant a scum win at that point - we should check with the mod first on that - and we should make sure a Vengeful Townie is not roleblockable/gets past NK Immunity of the GF, which looks like it would be, but we should make sure).

I've got company coming in any moment, but I should be able to check tonight if you have any questions or thoughts for me.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:38 am

Post by charter »

Thesp, some reasons why I'm voting you, since I neglected to say anything in my post.

Zu Faul's 'Thesp is a good citizen', which you and him both proceeded to accuse me of fishing. Also, the fact that Zu Faul was vouching for you. (enough to lynch you on right now)

Pushed for the Pooky lynch over the tajo lynch. (also enough to lynch you for)

You quickhammered Zu Faul yesterday before he posted, which I'm pretty sure you know is anti town and I don't see why you would do it if you were town. I do see you doing it as scum to try and earn town points since everyone was saying 'Let's lynch this Thesp guy next!'

Really the only reservation I have about lynching you is your constant calling for the vigging of Yos, which is also anti town, and then rofl calling you out for it. It's another triangle of not much sense. Kind of like the tajo/rofl/yos triangle we had before tajo flipped scum. Too many triangles in this game for my liking.

As far as your reads. I highly doubt Pooky is scum. Scum piled on him real fast after tajo started getting votes. Plus, Pooky keeps saying he is town, seems pretty convincing. I think Elvis is town too.

I will, however,
unvote
and take another look at Balter, since he's the only other person besides yourself I would consider lynching.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:11 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Well thesp, I appreciate the effort you have finally put into this game when your ass is numero uno on the chopping block.

I'm not that convinced of any of your arguments though. It seems like you're just buddying to the remaining power roles and trying to throw doubt on everyone else.

This did more for your cause that anything you posted:
charter wrote:Really the only reservation I have about lynching you is your constant calling for the vigging of Yos, which is also anti town, and then rofl calling you out for it.
I didn't remember this.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:48 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Thesp, if VP is scum, why do you think he would vote tajo if he was trying to save tajo/vote pooky?

You seem to be saying that VP is scum because he did some waffling on tajo vs. pooky. But if he really wanted pooky dead, he could have voted pooky. It was within his power to lynch pooky instead. If he really wanted to save tajo, don't you think he would have, you know, done it?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:55 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Also, as far as roflcopter calling a guilty result on thesp I think that means that thesp is scum. Here's why:

Rofl comes into that day being screwed by tajo and looking like the lynch. He has to claim a result. If he claims an innocent on someone that will not save him from the lynch. We say to him "great, if you're town we'll get another confirmed."

If he claims a guilty there is a chance we lynch his guilty result. And if the guilty result flips scum it makes rofl look more town.

If he claim a guilty and the lynch flips town we know for sure rofl is scum and his cover is blown to hell. There's no point in him doing that if it's not lylo. And after lynching tajo it was probably not lylo.

If I were roflcopter coming into that sucky situation after tajo flips scum, I would claim a guilty on my scum buddy. It just makes the most sense. It's the only thing that could possibly convince us not to lynch him and the only thing that will not out him as scum.

The only reason he would not claim a correct guilty result is if he thought there was no chance of saving himself.
Talk nerdy to me.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

thesp so scum

thesp so dead

we so win

go town forevas

vote thesp

wall of text will not save you scum scum!
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by charter »

Yeah, Pooky said it best. Thesp so scum.

vote Thesp
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by Thesp »

elvis_knits wrote:Well thesp, I appreciate the effort you have finally put into this game when your ass is numero uno on the chopping block.
I'm not sure that's a fair accusation - I had some time I could contribute, so I did.

Doesn't look like it matters - I've been lynched. Good luck town. Get VP Baltar, and look at my end-day analysis re: Ekim & charter.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”