Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:35 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Rising wrote:I don't like that so many of his posts are theme-related, though. What relevance to the game do these questions have, honestly?
1. I love the theme. So nyah.
2. The moderator has specified when the events of this game take place in the overall storyline of Star Control. That gives me a great anchor to judge claims by. Jelly's doesn't stand up at all, and those five questions are basically a list of reasons why. I gave her a chance to explain how those things could possibly happen, just in case Spyrex is completely screwing around with the story, but she utterly failed to do so.
Rising wrote:I'm not gonna lynch a guy just because the mod isn't a super-mega-nerd fanboy.
Protip: Spyrex's didn't change his avatar for this game.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:01 am

Post by Rising »

KMD wrote:Your post looks more like you'd prefer to lynch Zito[/KMD]

No. I don't think theme-related posts are scummy. I just don't believe they are helpful.
KMD wrote:Distancing from your buddy?
The important question is: Do you think so? If you do, say so, so that I can defend myself against that accusation.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:08 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Zito, Jelly has said she knows nothing about the theme. Knowing her IRL, I'm near positive of this. Where do you think she got the claim from? Your argument goes against it being Mod-provided, so she'd have to either know something about the theme or have time to find it on wikipedia or something.

Rising, yeah, that's what it looks like to me.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:13 am

Post by Rising »

Zito wrote:Jelly's doesn't stand up at all, and those five questions are basically a list of reasons why.
I don't think she made it up. She claimed without really being pushed, so if she's scum, I bet she has told us her safe claim, given to her by mod.

That's just my intuition.
Zito wrote:Protip: Spyrex's didn't change his avatar for this game.
Yeah, I know. He's obviously a fan, but I'm not sure he's at your level. If I see someone with an avatar of Spock, I don't automatically take for granted that he must be a hardcore trekkie that knows how to speak klingon.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:15 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Rising wrote:I don't think she made it up. She claimed without really being pushed, so if she's scum, I bet she has told us her safe claim, given to her by mod.
This still would go against Zito's argument that it can't be Mod-provided.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:16 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Basically, Zito assumes that Keelie's claim CAN'T have come from the Mod. If he is going to argue that it's a Mod-provided fakeclaim, his argument now becomes invalid.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:25 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Kmd4390 wrote:Zito, Jelly has said she knows nothing about the theme. Knowing her IRL, I'm near positive of this. Where do you think she got the claim from? Your argument goes against it being Mod-provided, so she'd have to either know something about the theme or have time to find it on wikipedia or something.
I don't think it was mod-provided. SpyreX knows better.

She's had plenty of time to find it on Wikipedia or something. I also gave a big list in this thread of the races and their likely alignments. Funny hers turns out to be from the guaranteed alliance list, eh? I have no doubt that she doesn't know anything about the theme, which is why she screwed her claim up. She didn't know what "slave-shielded" means.

But let's talk about the non-flavor aspect for a second, then. Did Jelly claim survivor or not?
Kappa
Just Monika
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:30 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ok, she could have taken it from your list.

I don't see how she claimed survivor. Newbies tend to have the idea that you have to survive to win. If she was making sure not to quote the Mod, I can see how that could have slipped in there.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:17 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Kmd4390 wrote:
KeelieRavenWolf wrote:It'll be on you're head when innocent blood is spilled.
Never liked this line, but newbies do tend to use it..
Kmd4390 wrote:Your Keelie case convinces me that she is a newbie. Congratulations.
Kmd4390 wrote:Newbies tend to have the idea that you have to survive to win.
I take it, Kmd, that you're going to excuse just about anything Keelie does because she's a newbie.
Kappa
Just Monika
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:26 am

Post by SpyreX »

Vote Count:

Kmd4390(0):
Dry-fit (0):
Locke Lamora(0):
Papa Zito(4): Locke Lamora, Excedrin, KeelieRavenWolf, Kmd4390
Excedrin(0):
Plum (0):
Rising (0):
Kast (0):
KeelieRavenWolf (5): Porkens, sigma, Papa Zito, Plum, Kast

sigma (1): Dry-fit
Rosso Carne (0):

Not Voting (1): Rosso Carne, Rising

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline: Thursday, October 8th, 1030 PM PST
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:32 am

Post by Papa Zito »

@Mod:
While you're here, please prod Rosso kthx.
Kappa
Just Monika
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:48 am

Post by Excedrin »

Hey, Rising is back.

It's flavor, I don't think it's a great idea to try to read too much into it.

Survivor related speculation seems reasonable but isn't there an easy way to solve that? I mean, wouldn't she just claim survivor if she was?
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:36 am

Post by sigma »

Claiming survivor on D1 means that you're getting lynched. It's pretty much equivalent to claiming scum at this stage of the game, no?

Don't see any reason to change my vote.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:45 am

Post by Kast »

@Mod-
does this game use limited reveals on death?
@Mod-
how would you normally handle a mistake such as making a typo in a player's role PM name (or race or ship name)?

@KRW-
My PM info was green. This, I assume, stands as town, as Porkens lead me to believe that red is the scum color.
-I would think a town win con should be more indicative than your PM color.
-Is Porkens your scumbuddy? If not, I don't see why (or how) you are taking advice from another player on what your alignment is. Scumslip?
I, on the other hand, know none of it, and my flavor is only that which is assumed, since I was given no backstory for my character, only an ability, a ship and it's abilities, and a racial name. Other than that; nothing.
-Please answer my question. You listed some racial "flavor" previously. Was that flavor or an ability claim?
-I assume you were also given a character name and are not here stating that it was made up. Did you make a typo in telling us your name? Please check with the mod.

@Zito-
Also interesting. My PM has a specific (if sketchy) backstory for my character.
Interesting. My PM has flavor, but nothing that I would call a "backstory". KRW's claimed flavor has a similarity to mine in terminating with an imperative to help end the war. It says nothing about surviving.

I don't think KRW was intending to claim survivor, but if she is a survivor and I would expect her flavor would include something about that. I can see a newbie survivor sharing flavor that reveals herself.

@Rising-
Welcome back.

"
KMD wrote:Your post looks more like you'd prefer to lynch Zito[/KMD]" Haha, look at the complete moron. I bet he's pretty embarassed. ;)

-I don't think an RC or Porkens lynch is at all feasible at the moment (barring some extremely scummy post from either of them and even then it's doubtful).

@All-
I suggest to everyone not on the KRW wagon, if you plan to move your vote, do not wait until the last second. Set a public, personal deadline a couple hours before the actual one, just in case you can't make it or something comes up.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:56 am

Post by Plum »

Plum wrote: Interesting. Is your flavor text "straight up into belonging to the Alliance?
It's straighter than being kicked out of the Alliance, as you claim to be. But I can see your claim with an Alliance wincon so fine.
Papa Zito wrote:She's had plenty of time to find it on Wikipedia or something. I also gave a big list in this thread of the races and their likely alignments. Funny hers turns out to be from the guaranteed alliance list, eh? I have no doubt that she doesn't know anything about the theme, which is why she screwed her claim up. She didn't know what "slave-shielded" means.
Except that she's had barely any time to post in the thread :?. But yes, taking a race from your list and looking up an appropriate name probably wouldn't take that much time.
KeelieRavenWolf wrote:It seems my goal as Mmrnmhrm is to survive through this war, to help end it.
It seems my character, Rrna-hrn, has one goal in existance: To survive through this, though I am certain I am hopeless.
KeelieRavenWolf wrote:It says I win when threats to the Alliance are gone. As such: Town.
The two don't really line up. Except as a Survivor-type role, which might also have bearing on the Mmrnmhrm-timeline discrepancy.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:05 am

Post by Excedrin »

sigma, that depends, if the options were between:
A: potentially scum, claimed town
B: pro-town, claimed survivor

then I'd prefer lynching A (presuming that I didn't agree with whatever reason people had for lynching B).

In this case we have two players who are slightly scummy and have weak cases against them, choosing between policy and "seems like he usually scumhunts more" isn't a tough decision, it doesn't really matter which one is lynched.

It's possible to speculate that the bit where Papa Zito noticed KeelieRavenWolf mentioned survival 3 times in one post is a case of scum trying to convince people that she's survivor to save himself.

There's really nothing left to discuss at this point. Speculating about claims and flavor seems pointless to me.

Vote: KeelieRavenWolf

I'll switch back if anyone wants me to, I'll be here right up to 10:30.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:13 am

Post by Excedrin »

Oh hey, L-1 again.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:22 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Papa Zito wrote: I take it, Kmd, that you're going to excuse just about anything Keelie does because she's a newbie.
When all of the arguments against her apply to most newbies regardless of alignment, yeah. Show me something that is more likely to come from scum than town and maybe I'll buy your argument.

----------------

Yeah, claiming Survivor would be suicide.

---------------

I'll be at work at the time of the deadline, but will more than likely come online before that. So I'll hammer if needed, but would still prefer the Zito lynch.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:22 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Plum wrote:
Plum wrote: Interesting. Is your flavor text "straight up into belonging to the Alliance?
It's straighter than being kicked out of the Alliance, as you claim to be.
*processing*
Kappa
Just Monika
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:24 am

Post by Rising »

Kast wrote:
Keelie wrote:My PM info was green. This, I assume, stands as town, as Porkens lead me to believe that red is the scum color.
-I would think a town win con should be more indicative than your PM color.
This is true. And it sort of burns my ass that Keelie said "I'm Mmrnmhrm by race.
I guess that's good, with no background of the game, it looks like a green jumble of letters to me.
" before that. It sort of looked like she tried to appear like a town-newbie that just slipped us a towntell unconsciously.

It's just something about this that I read as "I'm oblivious. I don't know what's going on in this game. I'm not even sure what team I'm on; but hey, my name was written in green. I wonder what that means. As you can see, I would be harmless if I was scum."

I definitely don't like that. It doesn't strike me as a gambit scum would be very likely to try, though. I'm not super-experienced at this game, but I've played it a couple of times, and I don't think I've ever seen a scum try that.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:28 am

Post by SpyreX »

Vote Count:

Kmd4390(0):
Dry-fit (0):
Locke Lamora(0):
Papa Zito(4): Locke Lamora, KeelieRavenWolf, Kmd4390
Excedrin(0):
Plum (0):
Rising (0):
Kast (0):
KeelieRavenWolf (6): Porkens, sigma, Papa Zito, Plum, Kast, Excedrin

sigma (1): Dry-fit
Rosso Carne (0):

Not Voting (1): Rosso Carne, Rising

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline: Thursday, October 8th, 1030 PM PST

Keelie is at L-1

More Clarifications:

@Mod- does this game use limited reveals on death?

SpyreX (Captain Name, Race, Alignment)

@Mod- how would you normally handle a mistake such as making a typo in a player's role PM name (or race or ship name)?

As a moderator I want to have minimal influence on the outcome. That said, hypothetically, n and m are very close to one another on a keyboard.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:29 am

Post by Rising »

(BTW; it's 20:30 here in sweden. I think I will be going to bed somewhere in around three hours, and I will place my vote before that)
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:38 am

Post by Excedrin »

Hey Rising, sorry to ask this now, but did this post by Porkens, where he mentions his plan of destroying his ship because it's a hierarchy ship do anything to change your suspicion of him?
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:40 am

Post by Kast »

@KRW-
If you think a full claim will save you OR if you think the town would benefit from knowing any abilities you may have (this may NOT be the case) post accordingly.

Mod seems on the ball, we may have very little twilight. Please prepare any final thoughts.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:03 am

Post by Plum »

Kast wrote:Mod seems on the ball, we may have very little twilight. Please prepare any final thoughts.
Look into Excedrin if I can't.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”