Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Kast, yea, agree with everything you said in 314. Also agree with "I think the outrage against KRW..." bit in your prev post.

Semi-related, I finished the game the other day, Papa Zito is correct that Mmrnmhrm isn't encountered in story mode (at least, I never found them). Since at some point they merge with another race into a new race blah blah.... it's flavor, her claim seems believable to me. It's at least as good as Papa Zito's.

Plum, what is there to think about regarding her claim? It kinda changes nothing.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Jelly, please answer these questions:

1. Does your flavor state why you left the Chmmr merging process, thus slowing it down?
2. Does your flavor explain how you left the partially merged Chmmr state as an intact Mmrnmhrm?
3. Does your flavor indicate why you would be sent into a highly dangerous situation when the Mmrnmhrm were already decimated by the war and unable to reproduce due to the loss of the Mother Ark?
4. Does anything in your PM say how you were able to escape the impenetrable Ur-Quan slave shield?
5. Why does the flavor you provided (while accurate) apply to the whole race and not to you specifically?

TIA.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

As a side note, Rising's absence is really starting to concern me.
Kappa
Just Monika
KeelieRavenWolf
KeelieRavenWolf
Townie
KeelieRavenWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by KeelieRavenWolf »

None of those questions are answered, save the one concerning why I am "sent into a highly dangerous situation".

It seems my goal as Mmrnmhrm is to survive through this war, to help end it.
It seems my character, Rrna-hrn, has one goal in existance: To survive through this, though I am certain I am hopeless.
Possible that I was a forgotten Mmrnmhrm? One that was merely overlooked for the merging process, now adrift in the universe as a pitiful, hopeless creature, bent on surviving to the best of my ability even thought there is no hope for my race.
I am not certain, as I was not given that much back-story, so I can not answer the rest of your inquiry.

Anyway, I have a short-shift at work tonight. Only a few hours.
I hope I get out in enough time to make a final post, if need be.
Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?

*That's how you deal with loss; You fling yourself back into life.*
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

KeelieRavenWolf wrote:Possible that I was a forgotten Mmrnmhrm? One that was merely overlooked for the merging process, now adrift in the universe as a pitiful, hopeless creature, bent on surviving to the best of my ability even thought there is no hope for my race.
Highly unlikely. The Mmrnmhrm were a mechanical race. They acted as one.

Also, there's plenty of hope for the Mmrnmhrm - the whole point of forming the Chmmr was to create a race capable of defeating the Ur-Quan (which they did).

Your goal sounds very 3rd party survivorish.
Kappa
Just Monika
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by Kast »

@KRW-
-The sudden increase in post frequency doesn't jive so well with previous claims. Don't get me wrong, I like it and hope it continues.

-Agreed with Zito that your flavor for purpose sounds like a survivor win con. Not scum maybe, but not town aligned either.

-I haven't taken the time to try out SC2, though I have downloaded it back home, so for now I'm reliant on whatever information others here can provide, and what I can search for and find. Your pilot name does not appear in the Star Control II Super Melee Module Extended Reference Text (which includes lists of all ships/races/captains). Mine does, as does Zito's claimed name.

Either your name was provided to you, or you are making it up. I think it is unlikely that Spyrex would provide a fake claim name which was completely made if all the real names came from actual game characters. This would be extremely unfair to scum.
@Zito
does KRW's claimed name fit with normal mmrnmhrn naming conventions?
Unique mental structure, immune to mind-influencing effects and such.
Is this flavor, or are you actually claiming an ability?

@Zito-
I was kicked from the Alliance for being reckless and insubordinate.
This sounds like you are not Alliance, although you could be third party who can win with the alliance (similar to KRW's claim).

A huge difference between your analogy and your flavor is that Kirk wasn't kicked from the Federation or Starfleet.

-I meant to ask this previously, what does slave-shielded mean?

@Excedrin-
Plum, what is there to think about regarding her claim? It kinda changes nothing.
The claim actually is kinda weak and potentially has holes in it. I'd agree that even if completely plausible, KRW hasn't said anything that should make a townie retract their vote (barring private information). However, the possibility that the holes in the claim are signs of a botched fake claim is something that could reasonably convince someone to vote and/or reinforce a weakly placed vote.

@KRW-
My vote stands where it is.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by Kast »

@Excedrin/Sigma-
In the game, was Decker kicked from the alliance? Did he ever rejoin it? Did he want to rejoin it?
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by Plum »

Papa Zito wrote:
KeelieRavenWolf wrote:Possible that I was a forgotten Mmrnmhrm? One that was merely overlooked for the merging process, now adrift in the universe as a pitiful, hopeless creature, bent on surviving to the best of my ability even thought there is no hope for my race.

Also, there's plenty of hope for the Mmrnmhrm - the whole point of forming the Chmmr was to create a race capable of defeating the Ur-Quan (which they did).

Your goal sounds very 3rd party survivorish.
Yeah, not so much Alliance as survivor. That said, neither of the two claims we've gotten line straight up into "belonging to the Alliance".
KeelieRavenWolf wrote:It seems my goal as Mmrnmhrm is to survive through this war, to help end it.
Which? End it in any way possible/in any side's favor or what?
Kast wrote:A huge difference between your analogy and your flavor is that Kirk wasn't kicked from the Federation or Starfleet.
His comparison that right over my head anyway.
Kast wrote:Your pilot name does not appear in the Star Control II Super Melee Module Extended Reference Text (which includes lists of all ships/races/captains). Mine does, as does Zito's claimed name.
It's one letter off of a name listed in that reference page. Considering that, it's more likely to be a typo than anything.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Kast wrote: @Zito does KRW's claimed name fit with normal mmrnmhrn naming conventions?
Yeah it does. They're random letters with a dash in the middle.
Kast wrote:This sounds like you are not Alliance, although you could be third party who can win with the alliance (similar to KRW's claim).

A huge difference between your analogy and your flavor is that Kirk wasn't kicked from the Federation or Starfleet.
Similar to Star Trek IV. They would have been kicked if they'd gone back immediately. Then they saved the world and stayed in. I'm trying to save the world and get back in. It's similar. My wincon is the same as the rest of the town.
Kast wrote:I meant to ask this previously, what does slave-shielded mean?
Whenever the Ur-Quan subjugate a race they offer the race a choice - either become Battle Thralls in the Hierarchy or become a fallow species incapable of space travel. A slave shield is an impenetrable energy shield that encases the entire planet. Nothing can get in or out and the shield can't be cracked by conventional means.

Here is a pic from the game. This is the commander of the starbase that you start from. You can see the slave-shielded Earth in the background.
Kappa
Just Monika
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by Excedrin »

The Ur-Quan go exploring and find this race, the Dnyarri, that enslaves the Ur-Quan via mind control, then they use the Ur-Quan to enslave or kill all the rest of the sentient races. The Ur-Quan finally figure out how to kill the Dynarri and afterwards they decide that, to avoid being enslaved again, they should enslave all other races. There's another branch of Ur-Quan (Kor-Ah) who think that they should kill all other races. So since the 1st group is like "well, maybe we're wrong" they allow the Kor-Ah to exist and have this conflict.

So when the Ur-Quan enslaves a race, the slave race either becomes a "battle thrall" or "fallow slave." The 1st case, they help the Ur-Quan explore space and enslave any other races they find and 2nd case they put up an impenetrable force shield (the slave shield) around the race's home planet and strip them of technology (and possibly history/culture).

I have no idea about Decker, except that Star Control definitely rips off Startrek (and a lot of other stuff) for the in-game human race. So, that they would have modeled a human captain after a Startrek character as a maverick seems likely.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Deadline is coming up.

Unvote, Vote Keelie
. This is the
only
lynch that is going to happen. If anyone posts without voting Keelie (assuming they aren't voting her already), they are effectively saying they prefer no lynch.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Vote Count:

Kmd4390(0):
Dry-fit (1): Rising,
Locke Lamora(0):
Papa Zito(3): Locke Lamora, Excedrin, KeelieRavenWolf
Excedrin(0):
Plum (0):
Rising (0):
Kast (0):
KeelieRavenWolf (6): Porkens, sigma, Papa Zito, Plum, Kast, Kmd4390,

sigma (1): Dry-fit
Rosso Carne (0):

Not Voting (1): Rosso Carne

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline: Thursday, October 8th, 1030 PM PST

Keelie is at L-1
Last edited by SpyreX on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:29 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Excedrin, I see you online. Are you so strongly against a no lynch that you aren't going to hammer?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:30 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

edit: Against a Keelie lynch*
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Wait, deadline is tomorrow night, isn't it? I was thinking tonight.

Unvote, Vote Papa Zito

We still have time!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:45 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Deadline is:

THURSDAY, October 8th 10:30 PST.

On top of not being able to do votecounts, I can't tell my days either!
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:16 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Kmd4390 wrote:Wait, deadline is tomorrow night, isn't it? I was thinking tonight.

Unvote, Vote Papa Zito

We still have time!
I'm always online, but yea, still some time left.
KeelieRavenWolf
KeelieRavenWolf
Townie
KeelieRavenWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:58 am

Post by KeelieRavenWolf »

You seem like you know this game well. Nice.
I, on the other hand, know none of it, and my flavor is only that which is assumed, since I was given no backstory for my character, only an ability, a ship and it's abilities, and a racial name. Other than that; nothing.
-The sudden increase in post frequency doesn't jive so well with previous claims. Don't get me wrong, I like it and hope it continues.

-Agreed with Zito that your flavor for purpose sounds like a survivor win con. Not scum maybe, but not town aligned either.
I have tried to post frequently since page 1, as it was, of course, my intention to do so when entering this game. I have been freed up in some ways in the past 36 hours, I hope to stay freed as such so that I may post more frequently until the game is over. I'll be back online temporarily tonight to check in, and to post again before deadline.
My PM info was green. This, I assume, stands as town, as Porkens lead me to believe that red is the scum color.
Yeah, not so much Alliance as survivor. That said, neither of the two claims we've gotten line straight up into "belonging to the Alliance".
It says I win when threats to the Alliance are gone. As such: Town.
His comparison that right over my head anyway.
Same. I know Star WARS, not Trek.
Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?

*That's how you deal with loss; You fling yourself back into life.*
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:32 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Excedrin, yeah, forget that. I was thinking we were just seconds away from deadline and you avoided posting while Keelie was at L-1. With another day before deadline, your lack of a hammer isn't as scummy as I thought at the time.

Jelly, usernames in your quote tags would be nice.
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:34 am

Post by Rising »

Sorry 'bout the absence, lately. And even more sorry that my last posts have been completely defensive. I'm gonna read up on some of the activities lately, and try to be a little bit more active. Gonna try to do a rundown on all of you, later this evening.
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:37 am

Post by Rising »

EBWOP: Aha, I just saw there's no time for that.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:57 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Rising wrote:EBWOP: Aha, I just saw there's no time for that.
Zito or Keelie?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:19 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Plum wrote:That said, neither of the two claims we've gotten line straight up into "belonging to the Alliance".
Interesting. Is your flavor text "straight up into belonging to the Alliance"?
KeelieRavenWolf wrote:I, on the other hand, know none of it, and my flavor is only that which is assumed, since I was given no backstory for my character, only an ability, a ship and it's abilities, and a racial name. Other than that; nothing.
Also interesting. My PM has a specific (if sketchy) backstory for my character.

I think you've been caught and are backpedaling.
KeelieRavenWolf wrote:My PM info was green. This, I assume, stands as town, as Porkens lead me to believe that red is the scum color.
It says I win when threats to the Alliance are gone. As such: Town.
This information is freely available in the opening post.
Kappa
Just Monika
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:26 am

Post by Rising »

I don't believe there is a valid case against Zito, so I'd rather not vote for him. I don't like that so many of his posts are theme-related, though. What relevance to the game do these questions have, honestly?

"Jelly, please answer these questions:
1. Does your flavor state why you left the Chmmr merging process, thus slowing it down?
2. Does your flavor explain how you left the partially merged Chmmr state as an intact Mmrnmhrm?
3. Does your flavor indicate why you would be sent into a highly dangerous situation when the Mmrnmhrm were already decimated by the war and unable to reproduce due to the loss of the Mother Ark?
4. Does anything in your PM say how you were able to escape the impenetrable Ur-Quan slave shield?
5. Why does the flavor you provided (while accurate) apply to the whole race and not to you specifically?"

Those questions will most likely tell us more about the mod than about Keelie, and
I'm not gonna lynch a guy just because the mod isn't a super-mega-nerd fanboy.

So, what can be said about Keelie, then?

Not much. I never understood the vote for Plum. The vote for Rosso made sense, though; "It seemed overly angry... Why? Seems like there's something to hide there." -this is exactly the kind of reasoning I'd expect from a townplayer that hasn't got the time to do anything better.
The vote for Zito was awful. But in a sense, I can understand that too.

I'd me much happier with a Rosso Carne or a Porkens lynch, to tell the truth. But if it's down to either Zito or Keelie, it's definitely gonna be Keelie.

Let's just
Unvote
for now.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:29 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Your post looks more like you'd prefer to lynch Zito up until "But if it's down to either Zito or Keelie, it's definitely gonna be Keelie." Distancing from your buddy?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”