Newbie 848 - The Bunny Mafia Family - over finally!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by Incognito »

Vote Count #3 of Day 1

Sposh (2) <-~ Tehstefan, MichelSableheart
Tehstefan (1) <-~ Sposh
MichelSableheart (1) <-~ Nachomamma8
TheBeanBurrito (1) <-~ StarOfTheShow

Not voting (4) <-~ broncofaninmd, Jase, TheBeanBurrito, sxizzor

With 9 alive, 5 will do it.

[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:20 am

Post by Sposh »

Michel, do you think you'd support my lynch today, or are you just voting me to get a reaction?
I want it now // I want it now
Give me your heart and your soul

[b]W/L/D: 0/0/0[/b]
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by broncofaninmd »

Tehstefan wrote:Yet nachomamma, I believe that asking questions is one of the few things you can do as a townie to expose scum, as they allow you to get someone's stance on something, then watch to see if they change it quickly or without reason. Sure, it is possible for scum to ask really good questions and handicap the town, but its just as likely the town to do the same. I consider myself beter to ask questions, as if people ask suspicious questions, that aren't very good to answer, perhaps we can realize they may be hiding something.

In any case, Nachomamma, do you have any reads to share?

So far, I haven't seen many signifigant tells, but I'm leaning slightly towards town for both Nachomamma, and Sable. Scum wouldn't want to get in an argument so soon, it draws too much attention, at least in my view. Feel free to enlighten me to anything I may miss.
I agree. I think it's the most logical thing for town to do. We can say "scum will do this and not do that" but not all scum play the same. Nothing is 100%. You can look back and see how people respond. That is why posting is so important.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Unvote: MichelSableheart.
Vote: Jase

Please answer all questions addressed to you.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:00 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

StarOfTheShow wrote:I'm not sure why scum would make more arguments. Remember this is my first game.... Ever.
You said that you believed TBB was suspicious because he "keeps making arguments". To me, that means that you believe someone who keeps making arguments is more likely to be scum then someone who doesn't, and therefore that scum are more likely to make arguments then town. Am I mistaken in this reasoning? Why did you believe that someone who keeps making arguments is more likely to be scum?

---
@Nachomamma: It seems to me that you are using two standards. You have no problems with the fact that completely unbased accusations during a RVS can be brushed away, but you seem to believe that an accusation on very slim evidence being brushed away is a problem. It is my belief that a based accusation, no matter how slim the evidence, will do more to get the game started then a completely unbased vote. In the same vein, I also belief that game related questions are a better way to start discussion then basically random behaviour, even thoughI agree with you thatthey don't do a whole lot for exposing the scum.

The connections you are talking about are, in my experience at least, not very helpful. Especially without a meta available, it is virtually impossible to reliable predict how someone is going to act given a particular role during a RVS. It is simply impossible to say "A is town, because a confirmed scum voted for him during RVS".

---
@sxizzor: There is a very serious problem with you being passive and reactive. If you don't think for yourself, you are at serious risk of being manipulated by the scum to vote the way they want you to. Besides that, it also makes it extremely difficult for the other players to get a good read on you. You would be hampering the scumhunting of all pro-town players.

---
Sposh wrote:Michel, do you think you'd support my lynch today, or are you just voting me to get a reaction?
Given the information I currently have available, I would support your lynch. No lynch is not an option, because the lynch is the town's only weapon to kill scum. And you are at this point in time the most likely to be mafia. It is likely though that this will change as more info becomes available throughout this day, though.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:36 am

Post by Jase »

Sorry, addressed this yesterday, but must've forgotten to hit submit.
Nachomamma8 wrote:

It seems a bit early to vote me for "not answering questions"...this seems a bit suspicious, and I'd like you to address it. Now, I said three votes was too much because it's only one more vote and there could be a quick lynch.

It's actually kinda funny that you vote me for not answering a question when you completely ignore my post 62.
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Incognito »

Tehstefan has been prodded.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

MichelSableheart wrote:[@Nachomamma: It seems to me that you are using two standards. You have no problems with the fact that completely unbased accusations during a RVS can be brushed away, but you seem to believe that an accusation on very slim evidence being brushed away is a problem. It is my belief that a based accusation, no matter how slim the evidence, will do more to get the game started then a completely unbased vote. In the same vein, I also belief that game related questions are a better way to start discussion then basically random behaviour, even thoughI agree with you thatthey don't do a whole lot for exposing the scum.

The connections you are talking about are, in my experience at least, not very helpful. Especially without a meta available, it is virtually impossible to reliable predict how someone is going to act given a particular role during a RVS. It is simply impossible to say "A is town, because a confirmed scum voted for him during RVS".
It is true that you cannot determine anyone's alignment by what happens in the RVS, but it is also true that you can make strong inferrances. For example, you can say "I believe A is scum because B, a confirmed scum, ignored him during the entire RVS while saying something to everyone else."

I have to agree with you that accusations get the game rolling, but I'm saying that the RVS can still be used as a tool in the town's favor as opposed to the scum's favor.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Jase wrote:Sorry, addressed this yesterday, but must've forgotten to hit submit.
Nachomamma8 wrote:

It seems a bit early to vote me for "not answering questions"...this seems a bit suspicious, and I'd like you to address it. Now, I said three votes was too much because it's only one more vote and there could be a quick lynch.

It's actually kinda funny that you vote me for not answering a question when you completely ignore my post 62.
Why is it too early to vote you? Are you at L-1? *checks* Nope. L-2? *checks* Nope. L-3? *checks* Again, nope. Yeah, I don't see any problem from attacking you based on your refusal to answer a question. I am currently the first person to vote you, as far as my knowledge goes.

Yeah, I completely ignored your post 62 because you didn't ask me a question. Wasn't obliged to answer it, so I didn't. What were you looking for in response to that post?
TheBeanBurrito
TheBeanBurrito
Townie
TheBeanBurrito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by TheBeanBurrito »

WTF is an L-1?
L1-3 for that matter.
Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine.
Give me your soul.... please?
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by Jase »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Jase wrote:Sorry, addressed this yesterday, but must've forgotten to hit submit.
Nachomamma8 wrote:

Why is it too early to vote you? Are you at L-1? *checks* Nope. L-2? *checks* Nope. L-3? *checks* Again, nope. Yeah, I don't see any problem from attacking you based on your refusal to answer a question. I am currently the first person to vote you, as far as my knowledge goes.

Yeah, I completely ignored your post 62 because you didn't ask me a question. Wasn't obliged to answer it, so I didn't. What were you looking for in response to that post?
I didn't say it was too early to vote me, I said it was too early to vote me for not answering questions. Fact is that you asked a question that wasn't particularly intense, and then voted me roughly 24 hours later without even waiting to see if I would respond with my next post (my first post since you asked the question). I still perceive this as scummy and would still like for you to address it.

Additionally, I may not have asked a question in my post 62, but I did indicate that I had a problem with it, and you failed to clarify or elaborate in any way.

FoS: Nachomama
I'm not ready to change my vote yet, but I really don't like the way you're playing right now.
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by Jase »

TheBeanBurrito wrote:WTF is an L-1?
L1-3 for that matter.
If you're at L-1 it means that you only need one more vote on you to be lynched.

L-2 is two votes.

L-3 is three.

etc.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

TheBeanBurrito wrote:WTF is an L-1?
L1-3 for that matter.
L-(Anything) is how many votes until lynch. For example, if someone is at L-1, it will take 1 vote to lynch them. If someone is at L-2, it will take 2 votes to lynch them, etc...
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Jase »

I just checked the vote count...and I haven't re-voted yet soooooooo...

Vote:Nachomama
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Jase wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:

I didn't say it was too early to vote me, I said it was too early to vote me for not answering questions. Fact is that you asked a question that wasn't particularly intense, and then voted me roughly 24 hours later without even waiting to see if I would respond with my next post (my first post since you asked the question). I still perceive this as scummy and would still like for you to address it.

Additionally, I may not have asked a question in my post 62, but I did indicate that I had a problem with it, and you failed to clarify or elaborate in any way.

FoS: Nachomama
I'm not ready to change my vote yet, but I really don't like the way you're playing right now.
Alright, what's the difference? And how is it scummy? I saw something suspicious, I went for it. Did I miss the memo where scumhunting was scummy?

Ummm... why is whether
you
have a problem with my posting or not
my
problem? If you want me to explain something, ask a question. Again, I ask: what do you want me to explain or clarify?

Why aren't you changing your vote? You're unhappy with how I'm playing maybe because I'm suspicious of you? Here, we have a phrase for that: OMGUS (
O
h
M
y
G
od
U
S
uck) Basically, it means that you're voting me since I'm voting you. If this isn't the case, why don't you give a few reasons why you're FoSing me?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Edit: Why are you voting me now? Why would a previous vote have any water whatsoever if you've found a new suspect? Afraid of looking flip-floppy?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by broncofaninmd »

Nachomamma8 wrote:

Actually, you did.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Did what, bronco?

broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by broncofaninmd »

He lied
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by broncofaninmd »

Nachomamma8 wrote:

This post specifically claims hes suspicious of you for voting him for not answering questions.
Not for answering questions fast enough.
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by broncofaninmd »

broncofaninmd wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:

This post specifically claims hes suspicious of you for voting him for not answering questions.
vote jase
Your intentions of this post is very misleading.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by Jase »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Alright, what's the difference? And how is it scummy? I saw something suspicious, I went for it. Did I miss the memo where scumhunting was scummy?

Ummm... why is whether
you
have a problem with my posting or not
my
problem? If you want me to explain something, ask a question. Again, I ask: what do you want me to explain or clarify?

Why aren't you changing your vote? You're unhappy with how I'm playing maybe because I'm suspicious of you? Here, we have a phrase for that: OMGUS (
O
h
M
y
G
od
U
S
uck) Basically, it means that you're voting me since I'm voting you. If this isn't the case, why don't you give a few reasons why you're FoSing me?
1. Alright, I said I think it's too early to vote me for not answering questions. Meaning that you placed your vote against me well before a reasonable response time for the question had expired. Understand? And all this "Did I miss the memo where scumhunting was scummy?" malarky only serves to cloud the issue, nobody said that, nor will they ever say that, and the only purpose that such statements serve is to paint their target as scummy without adequate reasoning. I will thank you for refraining from making such statements in the future.

2. But it IS your problem. If somebody has a problem with something you say it's your duty to a). Clarify yourself if you think there has been a misunderstanding or b). Defend your statement. This attitude will create misunderstandings and prevent the town from getting accurate information from you.

3. I didn't actually have a vote...so I did vote you. I'm unhappy with how you're playing because you jumped the gun with your vote, and are now sticking to your jumped guns. I already explained OMGUS, and this isn't that. The reasons that I FoSed you and am now voting you have been compiled in this post (I think in their entirety, so far).
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by Jase »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Edit: Why are you voting me now? Why would a previous vote have any water whatsoever if you've found a new suspect? Afraid of looking flip-floppy?
I had no previous vote, didn't you read the post I voted you in? Unless you mean the vote I placed against BeanBurrito in RVS (the one where I confirmed him scum by process of alliteration).
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by Jase »

broncofaninmd wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:

???

No, no I was suspicious because he voted me for not answering questions before waiting a reasonable time to answer.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

1. Give me an amount of time that is reasonable to you. It's an aggressive statement, sure, but it doesn't cloud the issue. Instead, it evokes stronger emotion from the targeted player, and takes away the likelihood that scum will look over their posts closer, and answer based on personal opinion instead of what might necessarily be better for their side. So I will continue to make such phrases in the future as I see fit.

2. Why is it my duty? If I do not believe the statement will lead to a mislynch, it doesn't really matter. If the issue presses itself, I am obliged to answer. But until then, I have no obligations whatsoever. If you find a misunderstanding, press it.

3. It's called scumhunting. I have a suspicion, and will continue attacking you until you can manage to defend fully against them. Normally, OMGUS voting isn't a good way to do so, which is still what I view your vote as. Make your suspicions clearer by utilizing quotes if you want to change my mind, as well as the minds of others.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”