KeelieRavenWolf
KeelieRavenWolf
Townie
KeelieRavenWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by KeelieRavenWolf »

By the way, not lurking. Sorry, have been busy. Two jobs, and all that.
I will re-read all posts and respond as soon as possible.
I'm sorry I've been gone.
(Second job is setting up a store for the grand opening OH MAH GAWD so busy.)

Previous vote still stands please.
Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?

*That's how you deal with loss; You fling yourself back into life.*
KeelieRavenWolf
KeelieRavenWolf
Townie
KeelieRavenWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by KeelieRavenWolf »

@ Sigma : How would it be possible for me to "Prove" to you that I shouldn't be lynched? You have no proof but my word, saying that I have two jobs, both nearing full-time status; on top of which I have one dead parent and two siblings who are minors and require my attention every so often. Forgive me if it seems I am "making things up", as I am not.
Of course, it is all on you to see I am telling the truth; if you still wish to vote me, feel free. It'll be on you're head when innocent blood is spilled.

@ Plum : Sorry hun. Been REALLY busy... My own mother made a recent comment on how she never sees me much anymore, and when she did I looked like death from overworking.
I will try to be more active in the future, I promise.

@ Kast : Not a lurker... Just a worker-bee in the honeycomb of the flailing economy.

Sorry guys,
Unvote, Vote: Rosso Carne
for the way his last post read to me. It seemed overly angry... Why?
Seems like there's something to hide there.
Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?

*That's how you deal with loss; You fling yourself back into life.*
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by Excedrin »

KeelieRavenWolf wrote:@ Sigma : How would it be possible for me to "Prove" to you that I shouldn't be lynched? You have no proof but my word, saying that I have two jobs, both nearing full-time status; on top of which I have one dead parent and two siblings who are minors and require my attention every so often. Forgive me if it seems I am "making things up", as I am not.
Of course, it is all on you to see I am telling the truth; if you still wish to vote me, feel free. It'll be on you're head when innocent blood is spilled.
Your situation sounds stressful, maybe SpyreX could make an exception and find you a replacement?

From a game perspective, this is a good example of appeal to emotion. I'm not sure why you needed to go into so much detail with basically one vote on you. I mean, everyone has stuff going on in their lives, you chose to explain details instead of simply "Sorry, I've been very busy."
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:39 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

sigma wrote:How is voting for Locke and Keelie an easy vote? Usually, easy votes are placed on people who have already been seriously voted before. Both of my votes were their first non-random votes.
Easy because your reasons for voting them were they're percieved lack of contribution. You stated you felt they were not contributing enough, which is your opinion, therefore impossible to argue. I also don't get why you switched you're vote from Locke to Keelie so quickly, as you implied he was actively lurking, while Keelie was not posting. Do you feel not posting is scummier?
Kast wrote:My read is he is either a townie who doesn't know how to contribute and is eager to do so but doesn't want to "mess up" again like he did with his Sigma case, OR scum trying to avoid attention and latch on to a "safe" mislynch wagon. If it goes anywhere, he could always drop responsibility back at me for suggesting it, if not, he still appears to be reasonably trying to help out the town.
How could I drop the responsibility back on you? I am voting for sigma voluntarily, you're actions have not influenced who my suspects are. Do you really think I could get away with trying to blame you if a sigma wagon were to get going?

I stated suspicion of Plum earlier, and here is why:
Plum wrote:Keelie, I hear what you're saying. I generally avoid stuff like saying I'm Town and/or commenting on deaths at the start of a Day as any alignment simply because it's not worth the bother I'll get for that sort of thing as any alignment. I suppose I felt a little looser with that tendency than usual because it was the beginning of the game. I would say it's a personal nulltell - like slightly breaking out of my overall, town-scum-whatever meta in general - but consider it how you will.
This is just strange. First a lame excuse saying she acted the way she did because it was the beginning of the game. Then insisting her actions are a null-tell, right after a complaint about her insisting she is town.
Plum wrote:I suppose I was feeling whimsical. The Kmd-is-always-scum-when-I-play-with-him-except-... pattern is one that's hung around in the back of my mind for a while and it's never appropriate to bring it up except in the very early game, and previously I've missed enough of the very early game that the opportunity never arises.
I have done this exact thing as scum, explaining away something I did that drew suspicion by stating it is a theory(or in this case meta) related thing that I had been thinking about.

FoS: Plum

She has done something else I have done as scum as well....
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:56 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Kast wrote: Here Rising is playing the semantics game. If he is wrong, he just changes the definition of a key word and suddenly he is not technically wrong, just misunderstood.
Is being 'wrong' scummy, or is it just the manner in which he was wrong?

Plum: two things. First of all, why is it not opportunistic for scum to vote for a townie who's clearly getting annoyed with the suspicion on him to the point that it makes him look scummy? Secondly, can you tell me where Zito said that NOT being on his wagon is a towntell, rather than being on his wagon is scummy?
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:35 am

Post by sigma »

KeelieRavenWolf wrote:@ Sigma : How would it be possible for me to "Prove" to you that I shouldn't be lynched?
Glad you're still here and able to contribute. Don't take my vote personally -- RL stuff gets in the way sometimes. Hope it gets less crazy for you.

That said, I think you're over-reacting a bit to my vote, honestly, which makes me wonder if you have other reasons. I'll keep my vote on you for now and see how things develop.
Dry-fit wrote:Easy because your reasons for voting them were they're percieved lack of contribution. You stated you felt they were not contributing enough, which is your opinion, therefore impossible to argue. I also don't get why you switched you're vote from Locke to Keelie so quickly, as you implied he was actively lurking, while Keelie was not posting. Do you feel not posting is scummier?
Probably not, honestly -- good point about active lurking vs. not posting. I was using my vote to see if we could call forth Keelie from the void more than anything -- I really was hoping not to have someone lurk their way to a modkill tomorrow.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:11 am

Post by Papa Zito »

I'm not used to being the center of attention so much.

I didn't want to place a vote in this game because I'd be forced to defend it, which I couldn't do since I was V/LA. Besides, I haven't decided which of the two was more likely scum.

My behavior is different here than in Boost because I wasn't attacked right off the bat for retarded reasons there.

what else...

I'm sure I missed stuff directed to me in all this mess. Restate plz.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Hi Papa Zito, could you take a look at #163 and comment about Mini 817, does being the center of attention stop you from scumhunting?

Also, Dry-fit was in that game with you, what do you think about the cases against him in this game by sigma (#162), Kast (#168) and Rising (#65 maybe ignore this one since he admits it was a pressure vote in #152 and #166)?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Excedrin wrote:Hi Papa Zito, could you take a look at #163 and comment about Mini 817, does being the center of attention stop you from scumhunting?
Being on the defensive makes it harder for me to be on the offensive, so, yeah.
Excedrin wrote:Also, Dry-fit was in that game with you, what do you think about the cases against him in this game by sigma (#162), Kast (#168) and Rising (#65 maybe ignore this one since he admits it was a pressure vote in #152 and #166)?
I didn't find 162 inspirational. Saying he's "only" done 3 major things is a huge stretch when you consider we've only gone 8 pages.

Kast's 168 reads less like case and more like pressure, which I have no issue with.

65 is fine, it's early and that's better reasoning than most early votes.
Kappa
Just Monika
Rising
Rising
Goon
Rising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:04 pm

Post by Rising »

Kast wrote:Excedrin argued against the idea that townies should not place early "real" votes by claiming that scum often make mistakes early and correct their behavior later[/url]

This is not true.

Sigma didn't object against placing early real votes. He only said it was way too early for KMD to say that he was "sure" of Papa being scum.

(And he
was
. This is not debatable, as I see it. KMD was definitely wrong when he said that he was sure that Zito was scum. There's no question about this. We can debate whether or not we should attribute this as a scumtell on KMD's part (Sigma thought so, I did not), but there's no question that KMD was
wrong
.)
Kast wrote:Pushed a terrible case on Excedrin
Sure, it was pretty weak, but it was still
by far
the best case anyone had at page 2.
Kast wrote:It is less ideal since two others have expressed suspicion of Dry-Fit (although Rising also kinda jumped on leads I dropped).
What? Please give me links.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:01 am

Post by Porkens »

Ok, too many words about nothing.
Here's a real thing to talk about:

I'm a town guy stuck in a mafia guy ship. I'm gunna jettison and blow it up tonight.

unvote

Vote: Kast
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Porkens wrote:Ok, too many words about nothing.
Here's a real thing to talk about:

I'm a town guy stuck in a mafia guy ship. I'm gunna jettison and blow it up tonight.

unvote

Oh this is fun.

Questions:

1. How did you manage to get stuck on someone else's ship without a Night 0?
2. What happened to your ship?
3. What kind of ship are you on?
4. Can you control the ship?
5. Is the Mafia guy with you?
6. How are you going to blow up the ship?
7. Why Kast then?

Good answers here and my vote will stay on your shiny new bandwagon.
Kappa
Just Monika
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Vote Count:

Kmd4390(1): Locke Lamora
Dry-fit (2): Rising, Kast

Locke Lamora(0):
Papa Zito(2): Excedrin, Plum

Excedrin(0):
Plum (0):
Rising (1): Kmd4390
Kast (2): Porkens, Papa Zito

KeelieRavenWolf (1): sigma
sigma (1): Dry-fit
Rosso Carne (1): KeelieRavenWolf

Not Voting (4): Rosso Carne

Deadline: Thursday, October 7th, 1030 PM PST
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

KeelieRavenWolf wrote:It'll be on you're head when innocent blood is spilled.
Never liked this line, but newbies do tend to use it..

So we get the standard "I've been busy. Will come back" post and a Rosso vote for being angry. Jelly, why is anger a scumtell?
Dry-fit wrote:
FoS: Plum

She has done something else I have done as scum as well....
Not everyone plays the same way.

------------------

Zito, so you're saying the vote on you added pressure and caused you to act scummy? Isn't pressure supposed to catch scum that way?
Zito wrote:Being on the defensive makes it harder for me to be on the offensive, so, yeah.
Don't like this.

---------------

Rising, if you are saying I was wrong in being SURE of it, then you're right I guess because I didn't intend to be right. It was a reactionary vote. If you are saying I was wrong on his ACTUAL alignment, don't be so sure. He's actually one of my top suspects right now.

--------------

Porkens, I'd like to know basically what Zito asked. How much do you know about the ship?

-------------

Porkens, why Kast?

Zito, why Kast?

--------------

Guys, this is important
- deadline is in 4 days. If I'm not mistaken, no majority in BaM games at deadline is a no lynch. Rosso is a known hammerer, so I guess him not voting is fine as annoying as it is. Sigma, your Keelie vote is a lurker-pressure vote. Please place it on someone with at least two votes (Zito, Dry-fit, Kast). Locke, either push a case on me that will get 6 quickvotes (unlikely) or change your vote to Zito, Dry, or Kast. Dry, Sigma isn't going to be lynched. Change your vote. Jelly, same thing I said to Sigma. Rosso isn't going to be lynched. Choose on of Zito, Dry, and Kast.

Of the three, I don't see the case on Dry and the one on Kast hasn't even been explained yet. If it's role-related, I'm more than happy to switch to Kast, but for now:
Unvote, Vote Papa Zito
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Kmd4390 wrote:Zito, why Kast?
Wat. I already explained this. You referenced it in your Get Out The Vote post.
Kappa
Just Monika
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

I see nothing aside from the "shiny new bandwagon" comment. 4 days from deadline and you want a shiny new bandwagon with no further reasoning? Either there's more to it or it's scummy as hell.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Kmd4390 wrote:I see nothing aside from the "shiny new bandwagon" comment. 4 days from deadline and you want a shiny new bandwagon with no further reasoning? Either there's more to it or it's scummy as hell.
You're trying really hard to force things to fit your preconceptions. Bad play if you're townie.

Obviously Porkens has some sort of outside-game-thread info. My questions are meant to verify that info. If it's good then my vote stays. This is so easy a caveman could do it; what's your problem here?
Kappa
Just Monika
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:59 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Just wanted to see if that was why you were voting or not. If Porkens comes in with info on Kast, I'm willing to follow.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Porkens »

Questions:

Apparently, flavor-wise, I jacked it.

Dunno

I'm not going to say. I'm afraid such information would benefit the scum

I can not use it's special powers

Not that I know of

mod wrote:Every ship possesses:

P.) Energy value. Your default value, unless otherwise noted, is your max value.
A.) Jettison (N) - Destroy your own ship sending all players on it into space. This requires 0 energy.
A.) Retrieve (N) - Select a player who has been jettisoned. They will become part of your ship. This requires 0 energy.
7. Why Kast then?

Unnecessary mega posting. Too many pbpa's on day one, expressing very strong reads on people. Preferring no-lynch. Does not attack lurkers strongly enough.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Feh.
unvote
And here you got me all excited.
Kappa
Just Monika
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by Porkens »

What did you expect?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Porkens wrote:What did you expect?
I was expecting something like:

"Hey dudes, turns out I'm on an Ur-Quan Dreadnought! I kicked Kast out of it before the game started, so like we should totally lynch him! Wyld Stallyons!!"

So yeah I'm disappointed.
Kappa
Just Monika
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by Porkens »

Quit
role
ship fishing.
Rosso Carne
Rosso Carne
[]=====
Rosso Carne
[]=====
[]=====

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by Rosso Carne »

KeelieRavenWolf wrote:@ Sigma : How would it be possible for me to "Prove" to you that I shouldn't be lynched? You have no proof but my word, saying that I have two jobs, both nearing full-time status; on top of which I have one dead parent and two siblings who are minors and require my attention every so often. Forgive me if it seems I am "making things up", as I am not.

@ Plum : Sorry hun. Been REALLY busy... My own mother made a recent comment on how she never sees me much anymore, and when she did I looked like death from overworking.
I will try to be more active in the future, I promise.

@ Kast : Not a lurker... Just a worker-bee in the honeycomb of the flailing economy.

Sorry guys,
Unvote, Vote: Rosso Carne
for the way his last post read to me. It seemed overly angry... Why?
Seems like there's something to hide there.
mmhmm

I am angry, I get angry when people tell me how to play my game not because I have something to hide.
[13:31] glorktheinvader: and I was rocking this one guy
Rosso Carne
Rosso Carne
[]=====
Rosso Carne
[]=====
[]=====

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by Rosso Carne »

Porkens wrote:Questions:

Apparently, flavor-wise, I jacked it.

Dunno

I'm not going to say. I'm afraid such information would benefit the scum

I can not use it's special powers

Not that I know of

mod wrote:Every ship possesses:

P.) Energy value. Your default value, unless otherwise noted, is your max value.
A.) Jettison (N) - Destroy your own ship sending all players on it into space. This requires 0 energy.
A.) Retrieve (N) - Select a player who has been jettisoned. They will become part of your ship. This requires 0 energy.
7. Why Kast then?

Unnecessary mega posting. Too many pbpa's on day one, expressing very strong reads on people. Preferring no-lynch. Does not attack lurkers strongly enough.
:goodposting:

kast's level of helpfulness, combined with unnecessary veiled OMGUS without a vote in case it goes nowhere {truth}

scummy

this biznatch needs votes
[13:31] glorktheinvader: and I was rocking this one guy

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”