zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:53 am

Post by zu_Faul »

elvis_knits wrote: Comments like this are similarly not helpful:
zu_Faul wrote:
charter wrote:
ZuFaul wrote:I am not sold on BAB's townieness, but I don't think she deserves the spotlight she is currently getting.
Why not?
Because there are players who are actually doing scummy things.
^^ And NO mention of who these people are and the scummy things they're doing.
I mentioned TWO people in the post you were quoting.
elvis_knits wrote:How is that helpful to the town? You're raining on the BaB wagon, but you're not sold he's town.
I am attacking the bad reasons to vote for B&B, not the good ones. Why would it be pro-town to have bad accusations linger around? Better decisions are made if there are only good reasons. Even if those may not be the decisions you like.
elvis_knits wrote:Furthermore, I don't see "slowing bandwagons down" as a pro-town strategy. Perhaps I am missing something, but this is how I think:

Unless you have a STRONG pro-town read on a player, you should not slow down a wagon on them. Reasons include: 1)Wagonee might be scum, you just haven't seen it yet; 2)Wagonee might be town and letting the wagon go on them might make this clearer and also might make wagoners give themselves away as scum.

I want to be able to judge the wagoner by their response, and also, for the town to feel able to vote freely. That way scum feel able to vote freely, and it will be easier to catch them through reasoning or timing that feels "off."

I do not understand why zu would stop a wagon on someone who he doesn't feel confident in their allignment. A wagon can only help make allignment clearer.
My theory is backed up. I tested it. It is not fooproof or always works, but it is, in my opinion, good. Is yours backed up? Or are you just saying something which in theory sounds nice, but has no foothold in reality?
elvis_knits wrote:OR, if you absolutely have to stop a bandwagon on another player, you should atleast provide other avenues of discussion, which zu hasn't been doing. Although I guess in his last post he expressed some mild suspicion on iamausername and ekiM. Although it was more a plea for more participation than any kind of attack.
Oh, you are obviously not up-to-date. Please mark your posts as such, or be up-to-date. Seriously, making an accusation agaisnt me, when I had LA, but then ignoring what I said after I returned is seriously unhelpful. You have obviously not read my latest post. You accuse me of things I explained in that. How can this ever be pro-town? Instead, you make posts where you want people to hammer another player, while you have not even read the most recent posts. My vote will stay on you.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:59 am

Post by mith »

Vote Count:
11 to lynch.

BridgesAndBaloons: 9 (charter, ekiM, elvis_knits, iamausername, inHimshallibe, roflcopter, SerialClergyman, Thesp, Yosarian2)
ekiM: 4 (BridgesAndBaloons, Claus, VP Baltar, Xylthixlm)
elvis_knits: 2 (Kmd4390, zu_Faul)
Claus: 1 (alexhans)
Herodotus: 1 (populartajo)
Thesp: 1 (Herodotus)

Not Voting: 2 (Ojanen, Shabba)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Thesp wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:
=====[]
This.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:15 am

Post by Ojanen »

ekiM wrote:
Ojanen wrote:@zu Faul, ekiM, alexhans:

Do you think the paragraph under the last quote in roflcopter 298 is a valid scumtell?
Do you mean "stop. this isn't about arguing theory, this is about the motivation you had to argue the theory in the first place."? What would it mean for this to "be a valid scumtell"? Can you rephrase your question
I meant the whole thing from that sentence you quoted until the end of that post. Basically that whole idea, the same thing Yos is stating as the major reason for his vote. I meant by my question whether you find BaB to be scummy because of that point.
I'll comment more in a few hours.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:24 am

Post by ekiM »

Dinner time and time for a re-read. Just in case it wasn't mentioned yet...:
B&B 151 wrote:There's something I need to say about post 149, but now is not the time. Can someone please remind me (or remind myself) to do this later, probably like 10 pages from now or more.
Shoot.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:25 am

Post by ekiM »

Ojanen wrote:
ekiM wrote:
Ojanen wrote:@zu Faul, ekiM, alexhans:

Do you think the paragraph under the last quote in roflcopter 298 is a valid scumtell?
Do you mean "stop. this isn't about arguing theory, this is about the motivation you had to argue the theory in the first place."? What would it mean for this to "be a valid scumtell"? Can you rephrase your question
I meant the whole thing from that sentence you quoted until the end of that post. Basically that whole idea, the same thing Yos is stating as the major reason for his vote. I meant by my question whether you find BaB to be scummy because of that point.
I'll comment more in a few hours.
I'll look at that when I re-read and respond then, should be soon.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:07 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Zu -

THis is the whole of the quoted post:
zu_Faul wrote:
charter wrote:
ZuFaul wrote:I am not sold on BAB's townieness, but I don't think she deserves the spotlight she is currently getting.
Why not?
Because there are players who are actually doing scummy things.

Shabba seems more inexperienced as opposed to scummy. Got to keep in mind for the next days, but I'd give her a chance to make her behaviour better.

Xyl's vote and accusations hop around too much for my taste.

Herodotus' lurker hunt is not yet a good idea.

BAB plays pro-townish; the initial accusations were not bad, but I have not yet seen further indication of his scumminess. Players who make a scummy thing and then disapp; ared completely should rather be persecuted. ekiM for example.[/hr]
Most of this seemed like just you stopping progress as usual. But I guess you're saying you think Xyl's vote hopping and ekiM's lurking(actually VLA) are scummier than BaB? These both seem lots weaker than the BaB stuff, IMO. But I find it hard to believe you think it's stronger than BaB since you admit the initial BaB accusations were not bad.

zu wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:How is that helpful to the town? You're raining on the BaB wagon, but you're not sold he's town.
I am attacking the bad reasons to vote for B&B, not the good ones. Why would it be pro-town to have bad accusations linger around? Better decisions are made if there are only good reasons. Even if those may not be the decisions you like.
But you're not furthering the case based on good reasons, you're just criticising the bad reasons and suggesting we look elsewhere. You don't seem to be paying any attention to the "good reasons" or wanting to explore those. When you ignore the good reasons, attack the bad ones, and suggest we look elsewhere, you're just tearing the entire wagon down. And if you admit there is some merit, I don't know why you would want to tear it down.
zu wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:Furthermore, I don't see "slowing bandwagons down" as a pro-town strategy. Perhaps I am missing something, but this is how I think:

Unless you have a STRONG pro-town read on a player, you should not slow down a wagon on them. Reasons include: 1)Wagonee might be scum, you just haven't seen it yet; 2)Wagonee might be town and letting the wagon go on them might make this clearer and also might make wagoners give themselves away as scum.

I want to be able to judge the wagoner by their response, and also, for the town to feel able to vote freely. That way scum feel able to vote freely, and it will be easier to catch them through reasoning or timing that feels "off."

I do not understand why zu would stop a wagon on someone who he doesn't feel confident in their allignment. A wagon can only help make allignment clearer.
My theory is backed up. I tested it. It is not fooproof or always works, but it is, in my opinion, good. Is yours backed up? Or are you just saying something which in theory sounds nice, but has no foothold in reality?
Where is your theory backed up? I have never heard of your theory, and as I have said, it seems pro-scum. My theory that bandwagoning is good, is a much more pervasive theory and one that I think most people on the site would agree with. So, yes, I think it has a foothold in reality.

Others are free to comment if they think I am right or wrong on this.

I know that there are different strategies in this game, and it's not scummy to have a different strategy. So that is why I have asked you to explain yours and how it catches scum. So far, I still don't understand. I also find it hard to believe you have never heard of my theory that bandwagoning is good.
zu wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:OR, if you absolutely have to stop a bandwagon on another player, you should atleast provide other avenues of discussion, which zu hasn't been doing. Although I guess in his last post he expressed some mild suspicion on iamausername and ekiM. Although it was more a plea for more participation than any kind of attack.
Oh, you are obviously not up-to-date. Please mark your posts as such, or be up-to-date. Seriously, making an accusation agaisnt me, when I had LA, but then ignoring what I said after I returned is seriously unhelpful. You have obviously not read my latest post. You accuse me of things I explained in that. How can this ever be pro-town? Instead, you make posts where you want people to hammer another player, while you have not even read the most recent posts. My vote will stay on you.
1) I made reference to your most recent post when I mention username and Ekim. So, yes I am up to date. I mention that you seem to be trying a little harder (now that I have started complaining about your lack of scum hunting).
2) If I did miss something in your latest post, why would that be reason that I am scum? This is an excuse to keep your vote on me.
3) Why is my call to hammer bridges bad? Why don't you want bridges dead? You think bridges is town? If so, you need to explain.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:16 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Also, zu, why were you all about hopping on my bandwagon if your winning strategy is to slow wagons down? You certainly didn't try to slow mine.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:20 am

Post by ekiM »

Page 7

Charter asks B&B to address the votes on him. B&B says there is no case. Says Elvis is ignoring the case on her. The interesting here is how B&B avoids the points against him. Why did he hold back his vote in 100? Why did he put it on in 102 after a prod? He doesn't answer these concerns. He doesn't even acknowledge them. He acts like the only part is where he says "The Xyl wagon will continue without me". He's ignoring legitimate questions about his play.

Charter says as much, B&B waffles.

Claus in 157 makes a case on Elvis that makes no sense to me. Bandwagoning on someone is fine. Calling it malicious is absurd. Elvis's attack on KMD simply isn't OMGUS.
Tajo wrote:Claus, I actually have a different meta from Mikescum. Can you point me to that game?
He means Chosen. You were in that, too.

Tajo says Elvis wagon is bad, asks if anyone will join him on it. Votes me. What?

Xyl says B&B doesn't feel scum, calls out lurkers. Xyl is playing in a minimalist style. Is this usual? Is it acceptable?

164--166 is hardcore :goodposting: from Elvis.

Herodotus against B&B wagon, Thesp for.

Page 8

Yos 175 continues voting Shabba, says the wagon he'd join would be the Xyl one. Nobody was voting Xyl. Not paying attention? Why?

zu_Faul 184 is going with the flow. Says his vote for Elvis is in the right place, and yet he's less certain of Elvis-scum. Also he likes all current bandwagons. This is no contribution at all.

B&B 187--188 still dismissing the case on him. Not good.

Page 9

Ojanen's 208 is good. Elvis wagon bad, B&B wagon good. I agree.

... 209 Xyl votes Ojanen without reasons.

B&B STILL just dismissing the wagon.

zu_Faul still saying not much and dismissing the B&B wagon.

Page 10

B&B 235, 237, 245 are just.... awful. Pretty sure he's scum. Worst thing: trying to discredit the Xyl+B&B not scum together line. What is the townie motivation?

Page 11

zu_Faul still not saying much, defending B&B quietly.

Shabba is inexperienced town.

Page 12

zu_Faul 280 is horrific. Says spotlight should be on players doing scummy things. Names Shabba as inexperienced not scum. Says Xyl is moving too much. Says Herod shouldn't lurker hunt. Says I'm scummy for being V/LA. Says B&B initial accusations were not bad. And yet we shouldn't be pressuring B&B? What? Why on Earth not?

B&B gets pressed for a claim at L-2. I thought this was premature but I see people were holding back their votes through caution.

IAUN comes back after being prodded. I actually forgot he was in the game. Also SerialClergyMan. V/LA? Or hardcore lurking.

IAUN supports B&B wagon and claim. No idea why he votes roflcopter.

294--297, B&B claims vanilla townie. Says he still doesn't understand the case on him. It was laid out pretty clearly. Claus asked him for top five scummy players, he responded with: "there's probably at least one or two scum who are subtly joining the wagon on me. I'm not sure about which person it is, I need to think about this.", which is spectacularly useless.

Now, he asks for time to defend himself and name scummy players before being hammered. OK. 28th of August?! No.

I was pretty convinced B&B was scum, vanilla claim does nothing to dissuade my vote.

KMD unvotes because B&B claimed vanilla. Major red flag here. What claim wouldn't you unvote for, then? Pushes the next biggest wagon, Elvis. Bad bad bad.

Page 13

B&B goes on a lurker hunt. What the heck? You should be defending yourself or naming a scumlist. This is terrible.

Ojanen unvotes too. Seems to be asking for time though, not calling B&B town. Not so bad.

Yos votes B&B. Good.

B&B says Yos is scummy for voting him. No.

Claus says he will not take the time to try and defuse the wagon on B&B because B&B is not helping himself. Ask for a list of scummy players. Scatterguns "Vote: Yos - I would also be happy voting Thesp or Ekim. I would not mind a Xyl, E_K or SerialClergy wagon.". This is precisely an attempt to defuse the B&B wagon, and the targets don't make any sense to me. Bad.

Elvis is on B&B. Good.

IAUN on B&B good.

Baltar avoids commenting on much.
Ojanen wrote:Do you think the paragraph under the last quote in roflcopter 298 is a valid scumtell?
It was said that Xyl + B&B scum together is unlikely. Scum-B&B has much more motivation to undermine this than town-B&B does, so I do think it's a scumtell, yes.

B&B is terrible all over this page.

Page 15

B&B makes another lurker list. I really don't know what to say at this point. This guy needs to die.

363 zu_faul says stalling the game is a bad idea. He also says his usual scum hunting tactic is to slow down the game. The fuck?

Thesp says Herod is a B&B prtner, Herod wants to lynch Thesp?

Herod says a wagon on me would be good. Well, if it can defuse the B&B wagon...
Elvis wrote: As scum, have you ever claimed vanilla?
Yes.

Page 17

Claus is very disappointed in B&B, still trying to start other wagons.

B&B is finally actually posting some of what he was asked for days ago. Sadly it's no good.

Page 18

wagon on me bad, b&b defence bad. lynch b&b. Mind is kind of frazzled so I'm stopping now and posting this monstrosity of a post un-edited. more later.

TL;DR: B&B is scum and needs to die. zu_faul has posted way too little and weak and defended B&B. Attempts to deflect the B&B wagon now are terrible (KMD, Claus, Xyl(?), Herod). I find it funny how several people can suddenly get the idea together to vote me _before_ I have time to respond to everything that was said.

Well, that took a while. I'm pretty exhausted, website is still loading damnably slowly. It will probably take me a couple more re-reads to be totally up to speed but I am going to be all over this game, it's very interesting. Latersss.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:21 am

Post by ekiM »

Xylthixlm wrote:
ekiM wrote:
Xyl wrote:I assumed Kmd was being a sarcastic prick. Which is weird because I'm usually quite skeptical of 'jokes' (see: ekiM). Hmm.
Do you think I intended my comment on the lurkers to be taken in earnest?
Yes.
So you think I'm a dolt? You've never played with me before...
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:48 am

Post by zu_Faul »

elvis_knits wrote:Also, zu, why were you all about hopping on my bandwagon if your winning strategy is to slow wagons down? You certainly didn't try to slow mine.
I thought that was a very valid bandwagon.

I don't see where I was accusing iamusername of anything in my last post, that is why I think you did not read my latest post. If I am wrong sorry, I guess I was a bit too frustrated.

I must admit, you made some really good points about the proportion of the scummy stuff made by people and me not attacking BAB.

My theory worked really well in the "Quack Multiball" Mini. I was able to find two scum in two tries. I can't talk about ongoing games. As I don't play a lot of games, I think this is somewhat significant.
I don't think bandwagoning is not good. I am just trying to exploit it further. It is still somewhat experimental, I must admit, but I wanted to try something new. Can't you see how it can work in theory?

Well now. Maybe I was wrong all the time, and elvis_knits was right. So I reread BAB in isolation.

The reason for first voting Xyl, then elvis is stupid. I think this is what I meant when I said that the wagon was initially warranted. Then there is a long time where she does nothing scummy (I already said enough times why I disregard the "scum with Xyl" argument). With someone this under pressure and in the spotlight and no further signs of scumminess, I can only rule him town. The vanilla claim... well, it should not be an excuse to not lynch BAB, but I won't vote him because of it.

I said I'd probably unvote e_k after she answers Thesp's question. I did not because I thought she was not reading my posts; I hope she can answer the questions I asked her at the top of this page; I am giving her the benefit of the doubt for now. Her most recent posts all looked pretty townish to me.
Unvote: elvis_knits
[/hr]
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:56 am

Post by zu_Faul »

ekiM wrote:363 zu_faul says stalling the game is a bad idea. He also says his usual scum hunting tactic is to slow down the game. The fuck?
Gogogo team misrepresentation.
ekiM wrote:zu_Faul 184 is going with the flow. Says his vote for Elvis is in the right place, and yet he's less certain of Elvis-scum. Also he likes all current bandwagons. This is no contribution at all.
Yes, I have been going with the flow with the elvis vote the whole game :roll:
ekiM wrote:zu_Faul 280 is horrific. Says spotlight should be on players doing scummy things. Names Shabba as inexperienced not scum. Says Xyl is moving too much. Says Herod shouldn't lurker hunt. Says I'm scummy for being V/LA. Says B&B initial accusations were not bad. And yet we shouldn't be pressuring B&B? What? Why on Earth not?
Gogogo team mosrepresentation. You were not exactly very verbose before you went V/LA. Also, I said you made something scummy before you left. I did not just accuse you for lurking. I also have explained why we should not pressure B&B that much.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:03 am

Post by zu_Faul »

zu_faul has posted way too little
I was on V/LA for a long time during this game, which I announced in my sig and in thread. I don't see why this is important when you are V/LA, but not for me. When I was here I posted quite regularly. Even in total I posted more than several people who wehere not V/LA.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:03 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

ekiM wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:
ekiM wrote:
Xyl wrote:I assumed Kmd was being a sarcastic prick. Which is weird because I'm usually quite skeptical of 'jokes' (see: ekiM). Hmm.
Do you think I intended my comment on the lurkers to be taken in earnest?
Yes.
So you think I'm a dolt? You've never played with me before...
As I said, I am usually quite skeptical of 'jokes'.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:56 am

Post by zu_Faul »

I know, right now I am not very agressive towards anyone; I have not really been the entire game. I feel that today I can't make a worthwhile post anymore. A good night's sleep will make it better for me, so tomorrow I can start fresh.

This post serves to inform you that I am not turtling.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Catching up a bit here:

I agree with inHim in post 399 about BaB's "can't post now" feeling mega-forced.
hero wrote:It's the other way around. BaBscum is a consequence of Thespscum. But I am now thinking this connection may be weaker than I thought.
What happened to make you think it was "weaker"? Why does your post in 404 then seem to return to the idea that they are both more likely to be scum?

re: Claus' cases on ekiM, Yos, and Thesp--I'm sold on ekiM (though I already was), not so confident in the other two yet, though you make a couple interesting points on both.
rofl wrote:bridges: STOP RIGHT THERE! XYL COULD STILL BE SCUM WITH ME!
everyone in their right mind: now why would you say that if you were anything but scum with not xyl?
lol. I agree.
ekiM wrote:Did you think I intended it to be taken in earnest?
Frankly, yes I did. I saw very little to indicate that you were being sarcastic or something like that.
EK wrote:If zu thinks I am scum he should absolutely still vote for me, but I would expect him to argue with things I have said, and show why I am scummy. He hasn't done that. He just keeps his vote on me and says nothing about me, while slowing progress in other areas. Not helpful.
I agree with this. It is this sort of background feel about zu that sticks out to me as scummy. Honestly, until some of the more recent pages he was basically non-present to me.

Other thoughts: I am still really torn over Herodotus. There are moments when he asks some ok questions, and then there are certain things (slowly sliding in favor of BaB wagon) that stink of scum.

WTF is alex? You'd think if he was so worried about people hammering he might put some hitch in his giddy-up and post something. I've never know alex to be a lurker, so this disturbs me.

Summing up,

While ekiM continues to underwhelm me (his 'Do you think I was serious? x 50' post made me want to gouge my eyes out), in the interest of the town I am going to
Unvote, Vote:BridgesandBaloons
for continued scummy behavior and general flailing about without providing a single reason why his lynch is a bad thing.

I think this day is starting to reach critical mass and become more and more useless. Someone hammer (maybe Herodotus wants to follow through with all this talk).
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by mith »

Vote Count:
11 to lynch.

BridgesAndBaloons: 10 (charter, ekiM, elvis_knits, iamausername, inHimshallibe, roflcopter, SerialClergyman, Thesp, VP Baltar, Yosarian2)
ekiM: 3 (BridgesAndBaloons, Claus, Xylthixlm)
Herodotus: 1 (populartajo)

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by populartajo »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:Top means most certain, blank spaces indicate tiers of my certainty. For example: most certain Yos is scum, least certain Kmd is (because I don't know if there's a traitor or not).

Scum list so far
:
Yosarian2
Ekim

Thesp

Elvis

Kmd

Town list so far
:
Ojanen

Herodutus

-----------

unvote
vote: Ekim
This is a very dissapointing list, Bab. I dont see why the post you quoted from Ojanen makes him obvtown unless you think that people that think you are town are obvtown and the people that suspect you are obvscum. Thesp and Elvis being in your list is also a letdown, I would put them at neutral at least. And why are you voting Mike over Yos here?

I think I know.

Unvote Vote: BridgesandBaloons.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

HAMMER

I'm an awfully convenient poster. Hm.

In other news, I'm settled into my new schedule. A little late for Day 1, my sincerest regrets.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by mith »

Final Vote Count:
11 to lynch.

BridgesAndBaloons: 11 (charter, ekiM, elvis_knits, iamausername, inHimshallibe, populartajo, roflcopter, SerialClergyman, Thesp, VP Baltar, Yosarian2)

ekiM: 3 (BridgesAndBaloons, Claus, Xylthixlm)

mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by mith »

Initiation

The discussions in the Community Centre last all day, with only two short breaks.

The first takes place mid-morning, when someone trails off in the middle of making an impassioned plea advocating the death of one "Llamavillain" or another and points at the window.

"What was that?!"

"What was what?"

"I thought I saw..."

Several of the Llamavillians head over to the window, and one of them shouts excitedly.

"There's a man out there!"

"Yes! And he looks strangely familiar..."

"You think so too?"

"I can't think of his name... oh, what was it... on the tip of my tongue... Glerk or something strange like that."

"Never mind that, I want to know what he's doing here!"

"I thought we were alone."

"Except for the ninja staff."

"Well, yes. You don't think he's one of them, do you?"

"The dead one was wearing a black uniform."

"Good point. So why is there a naked man running through Llamaville?"

As if on cue, two other figures appear, one man and one woman. Both are well-dressed, in stylish business attire. Curiously, one - the woman - is entirely in shades of blue, while the other is wearing only green. And it's not even Thursday.

The two stop just outside the Community Centre, where this Gork (or whatever his name is) fellow had just passed moments earlier. They look around, exchange a few words, and then the woman points and the man heads in that direction, while the woman takes the other fork.

The residents of Llamaville watch for a few minutes longer, but nothing happens, and no one is inclined to go chasing after the strangers in the heat of the day.

The second break is for tea.

Several options for the day's main "activity" are suggested, some gaining a good deal of support, but in the end a majority vote is clinched when someone suddenly holds up their handbook and waves it around excitedly.

"Look!"

"Sigh. What now?"

"The list! In the handbook. It has a list of Llamaville residents."

"What about it?"

"Look at it! Do any of you go by the name 'PookyTheMagicalBear'?"

"That's a funny name."

"You're one to talk."

"Shut up."

After some glancing around at nametags, and checking with the list in the handbook, the attention of Llamaville focuses on one person.

"Your name isn't on the list."

"I'm not? Well... I was a last minute replacement. One of the participants cancelled."

"Cancelled, huh? A likely story. You probably had him killed so you could infiltrate us."

"I didn't!"

"Well... you could have! It's as good a reason as any."

BridgesAndBaloons (Vanilla Townie) has been lynched. It is Night 1. Deadline is 72 hours from this post.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:51 am

Post by mith »

Mod Note:
alexhans has requested replacement. Asking Pooky.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by mith »

Reduction

Good evening, friend. InVy Inc. is dedicated to your comfort and peace of mind, and this supplementary video is provided to aid you in grief.

While Llamaville has been designed as a utopian society, it is inevitable that eventually tragedy will strike - whether due to accident, old age, or... no, surely no sinister intent. Whatever the cause, though, you may find the need for assistance in overcoming your loss.

On the map in your handbook, you may have noticed a small plot of land marked off with a series of symbols. This is your cemetery, and is available for use by all beliefs, religions, and political affiliations. It is precisely big enough for twenty people, so you should find it adequate for your needs.

Not that we expect everyone to die anytime soon! Haha.

The remainder of this video will provide you will several options. To listen to counseling options, press "1" on your remote. To hear relaxing music, to better help you sleep, press "2". To receive legal advice on writing your will, press "3". To speak to one of our representatives, press "4". To worship Hypnotoad, press "5".

Thank you for listening, and enjoy your stay here in Llamaville... however long that might be!

This message paid for by Mr. Grey Enterprises and its experimental division, InVy Inc. Mr. Grey Enterprises and InVy Inc. are not liable for any harm, physical, psychological, or otherwise, that may result from the viewing of this film.

On waking the following morning, the residents of Llamaville find two more bodies to deal with. They are known by the names "Claus" and "inHimshallibe". The latter is just an ordinary person, with no remarkable traits or abilities, but Claus is carrying an odd card in his pocket.

"Secret Eternal Order of the Magic Train? What does that mean?"

"It's probably in the handbook. Come on, let's get to the Community Centre and lynch someone else, I'm feeling lucky today."

Claus (Secret Eternal Order of the Magic Train) and inHimshallibe (Vanilla Townie) are dead.
Last edited by mith on Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by mith »

Resignation

"Wait a minute... where are Herodotus and Shabba?"

The residents of Llamaville are on the verge of entering the Community Centre, but stop and look around to find that, indeed, Herodotus and Shabba are missing. Some start to call out, while everyone spreads out and begins a search. The two are soon found tied to the railroad tracks.

"Railroad tracks? I thought this was an idyllic, secluded community. Why are their railroad tracks running behind my house?"

"There are two people tied to them, and you're asking silly questions like that?! Shabba, Herodotus, what in Mr. Llama's name are you doing?"

In the distance, the warning sound of a train horn can be heard, perhaps passing through another small village similar to Llamaville. Herodotus and Shabba raise their heads - slightly, as they are constrained by the ropes - and the others can see tears streaming down their cheeks.

"It was going to be so beautiful..."

"What was going to be so beautiful?"

"The Magic Train."

"The... ok, did you two find some wild mushrooms or something?"

"Just a few more weeks. The ritual is quite specific, it had to happen at a certain time. But now we don't have enough members..."

"For what?"

"The Magic Train!"

"Right. So, let me get this straight. You two and Claus were cooking up some mystical ritual to summon the...
Magic Train
. And now he's dead, so you're off to join him?"

"You don't understand. Peace on Earth!"

"Eternal Happiness!"

"People breaking into song!"

"An end to hunger, war..."

"This is so stupid. But saying we believe you, why are you killing yourselves?"

"We can't bear to live in a world with no Magic Train."

"You've been living in a world with no Magic Train for some time."

"But that was just temporary... Now..."

"Look, why don't you just select a new member? Then you can perform the..."

"As if any of you heathens are worthy to participate in the Locomoticon!"

"You know, I don't know why we're even bothering trying to talk you out of it..."

And so the rest of Llamaville leaves the two remaining Members of the Secret Eternal Order of the Magic Train to their fate. Which is squishy and gross and right on time.

Herodotus and Shabba (Secret Eternal Order of the Magic Train) are dead. It is Day 2. With 15 alive, it will take 8 to lynch before deadline, which is three weeks from this post.

Mod Note:
PookyTheMagicalBear replaces alexhans.
Last edited by mith on Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vote EK

Can we do it right this time?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”