MiteyMouse (3) <-~ Zorblag, Nikanor, Cojin
Papa Zito (1) <-~ qwints
Cojin (1) <-~ Papa Zito

Not voting (1) <-~ Scien

With 9 living, 5 will do it.

Deadline (5 days) wrote:
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:30 pm

Post by qwints »

unvote, vote: Cojin

Cojin wrote:
FOS:PZ
I Really Really dont like how you said she would be here tommorow, givin that scum to day talk I am going to make the assumption that pz knows that MM will post tommorow due to PM conversation.

Meanwhile with MM I cant let the slip slide as a brain fart, and as far as unlikly choosen/most likely to be scum im going to have to go with MM.

Vote Miteymouse
This is not sufficient reasoning. I asked you questions, and you didn't answer.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:49 am

Post by Scien »

Ok, back and catching up:
Hohum wrote:[...] because you've been nothing but argumentative for the last 2 pages[...] I can't help it here everyone would rather argue with me than talk to me.
Lawl. Need I say more?
MightyMouse wrote:You are using strong arm tactics with several of us in this game.
Just playing devil's advocate here... MM and Sajin, how do you believe strong arm tactics leans between townieness and scumminess? I've given my opinions... but would like to hear yours? Attacking Hohum's methods is just illogical unless you explain how you think those methods can point to him being scum rather than just a dick.
Zorblag wrote:Scien: [1] For one as concerned about the voting with the mechanic we be using in this game Scien no has impressed Troll much at all with the two votes him has cast. Both feel as though them be reactionary rather than based on particularly strong reasons. [2] Troll no be sure whether the quick unvotes make them better or worse in Troll's assessment but it does add to what Troll sees as the tentative nature of Scien's play. [3] Actually, on the whole Troll thinks that Scien seems to be focused on the structure of the game and the play more than the players. Troll might normally think that was scummy but in this setup (and given what Troll knows of how Scien plays as scum) Troll leans away from that.
Eh, a lot here. Let me try and hit it all:
[1] Eh, both of those votes were used as pressure votes. IIRC, both people had repetitively dodged questions or explicitly said they were not going to answer them. The votes were placed in an attempt to try and force answers. After answers were given in both cases I backed off. That doesn't mean I don't suspect them anymore, but rather they started talking and now we can continue discussion.

As for what you are saying about how this works with how I believe votes matter differently than vanilla mafia? Neither of these two people were close to lynch, I doubt I would have behaved the same without very careful consideration if that were the case.

[2] Meh that's for you and the town to decide. The above gives my motives however, and I think that my opinions about the game as a whole will support those motives.

[3] I always am at the start of a new game. Sorry, it might add to the whole signal to noise, but talking about random neutral stuff that actually pertains to this game is a good way for me to get to hear people's stated opinions and for me to start forming my own opinions on them. My focus on game and plays eventually tends to switch to a more wholeistic view of a player when I have seen more content out of them. I have a few games of meta that should support this too.
Hohum wrote:[Talking about Sajin] He even later stated that he can see how his early posts could be interpreted as a scum tell (post 41) but attempts to reason that latching on to early scum tells is in of itself a scum tell (post 41, my response in 61, his in 62). The notion that I dare question him over a possible scum slip is anti-scum hunting (quite a large scum tell) at best, and downright ludicrous at worst.
Holy crap. This is interesting on several levels.
1) I actually think I agree with some of it. This is strange and new to me, as it is a point made by Hohum. (I kid... I kid...)
2) Others opinions, and some minimal personal experience tells me that talking about you past plays while calling them scummy is actually pretty scummy in itself. My experence comes from replacing in as a scum player in a past game.

If you talk about your past play in these cases, you will often fall for a trap like this. You will want to appear town and examine yourself, when you should already know why you played as you did. You will call yourself scummy as an attempt to show that "you are one of the gang", and by gang I mean townies in this case.

However, in reality you going to the trouble to claim that you do indeed look scummy makes no sense from the shoes of a townie. They would explain their mistakes for the mistakes that they were. They would point to the fact that making the mistakes is not scummy in it self. Basically they would have NO reason to say that "Yes your guys concerns are justified, now here is how I am going to attempt to get out of this hole." They would attempt to get right to the getting out of the hole.

3) I agree with Hohum's claim here. You saying that "yes I look scummy", then picking the loudest voice out of the group to rag on as 'taking advantage of it' is just silly. You apparently forgot the whole 'yes I look scummy' part of your argument.

[still catching up, but I would like to keep the post length down...]
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:31 am

Post by Scien »

Sajin wrote:Hohum may have done many things, but adhom is not one of them.
Heh, maybe in your discussion. However in ours I think he was just using it in an attempt to get me irritated with him.
PapaZ wrote:Here Scien admits that he had the same confusion over the Chosen mechanic as Sajin alleges he had. However, this admission goes by without any comment while you continue to slam Sajin over the same thing over and over. Why?
Interesting.
PapaZ wrote:[On his unvote of Qwints] I didn't say I did it to get a reaction. I said I did it because it was useless there.
This has gone around a few times already, and I think I have to be the odd man out and agree with Qwints. Taking a vote full off, just because you don't think it is going to "go anywhere" is not the same action as simultaneously replacing it somewhere you think it would "go somewhere". Basically looking at it 100% objectively:
1) You claim that the vote was used to get information
2) You claim you took the vote off because it was not generating information
3) You never replaced the vote so it never can generate information

You claimed motive doesn't mesh with your action. There has to be either another, or additional motive to why you didn't have a better target at the time of vote removal.

Also keep in mind, I believe you already said below the removal itself was not used for information gathering either:
Hohum wrote:I didn't realize the earth-shattering importance my vote would have to qwints or I would have.
PapaZ wrote:The major issue with Mitey is that this isn't the first time she's played this style of game.
Eh? Did I miss something? MM has played Chosen before?
MightyMouse wrote:Sajin...MiteyMouse is a she! I feel like I say that every game...it's becoming my "thing"...hehehe!
Jeze lady... go to your profile and mark yourself female instead of undeclared. I think you enjoy getting people to apologize to you all the time :P

My previous post's comments about Sajin are what is chiefly on my mind at the moment. That and the question about Mighty's experence with chosen. I will rehash those points with questions here in a bit. I know I have not commented on a lot, but I believe I hit the things that interested me the most. Question me if you would like my opinions on any of the lesser disputes, and I'll get you a question post Sajin.

Oh and btw
FoS: Sajin
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:36 am

Post by Scien »

Misquoted above. The third quote to the bottom is PapaZ, I typed the wrong name out, but due to the content I think it was obvious anyway I was quoting PapaZ:
PapaZ wrote:I didn't realize the earth-shattering importance my vote would have to qwints or I would have.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:39 am

Post by Sajin »

Meta me. As town I always say- If I was scum I would be doing XXXX. And so I am doing YYYY. I do the same thing as scum though.

What is wrong with attacking playstyle. If he is trying to force the lynch of someone in a game where there are lynchees that screams scum to me.

Regardless I would perfer a lynch of myself or hohum today by far over anyone else. It gives the most information. Choseness is irrelevant.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Scien, you be welcome to think what you like of Sajin based on his post 41 but him no be doing what you be describing there. Him be saying that him can see how others might his actions as as scummy but then explains why this no should be the case. Also, MiteyMouse does have prior experience with the chosen dynamic though the game be ongoing so that be all Troll can say about it.
Sajin wrote:What is wrong with attacking playstyle. If he is trying to force the lynch of someone in a game where there are lynchees that screams scum to me.

Regardless I would perfer a lynch of myself or hohum today by far over anyone else. It gives the most information. Choseness is irrelevant.
First off, the reason that you be giving for why hohum should be scum there involves the chosen dynamic (lynchees be chosen) despite all your protests that it be irrelevant to today's lynch.

Second, lynching you or hohum no gives any more information than lynching MiteyMouse or Cojin would at this point. There be as many expressed opinions about their chances and votes involving them and that be where the information comes from once we've seen the flip. Actually, a qwints lynch might give about as much information as well for that matter.

Third, if you be town then calling for people to choose between lynching you and someone else on day one just be a bad idea. You no know for sure what hohum's alignment be but you do know yours. You be asking people to choose between two options one of which you know won't hit scum. You be welcome to try to convince people to vote for hohum but trying to present this as a choice between the two of you be a bad idea.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by Sajin »

What I think is the right path to follow is not the path that everyone is following.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Troll seems to think you be right about that. Does there be a point to your saying it?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by Sajin »

The fact that I want to lynch scum does not mean, that everyone else is trying to lynch scum. The fact that I am ignoring the chosen mechanic (for today anyways) does not mean others (read:the scum) are.

Thus the fact that I want hohum lynched based on a reason I do not believe in but I think he does makes sense to me.

I am not sure if I explained that well enough. But there you go.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by Zorblag »

If you think that hohum be more likely to be scum because you think that him be using the chosen mechanic as a motive for his moves then you do be using the chosen mechanic indirectly yourself, not ignoring it.

Troll no minds that you be doing it. Troll just be pointing out that it be hypocritical to deny that you be doing it.

Troll also be done with this for now as it no be a useful topic of conversation in terms of either catching scum or determining who the chosen be at this time.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Sajin »

How is it hypocritical to assume someones motives are different then your own?

Is that not exactly what I SHOULD be voting for? Because I think the path to victory is easier then others make it out to be? Because someones motivation is DIFFERENT than my own?

Why would you want to take a 3 point shot when your down by 1 and you have a easy lay-up?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Scien wrote:You claimed motive doesn't mesh with your action. There has to be either another, or additional motive to why you didn't have a better target at the time of vote removal.
I'm voting Cojin, Scien. You're welcome to join us.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by Sajin »

Papa Zito wrote:
Scien wrote:You claimed motive doesn't mesh with your action. There has to be either another, or additional motive to why you didn't have a better target at the time of vote removal.

us? (goes back to look at votes, sees zito is voting by himself).....us?
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:25 pm

Post by Scien »

PapaZ wrote:I'm voting Cojin, Scien. You're welcome to join us.
Oro? What the heck does that mean? Why should I?
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:34 pm

Post by Scien »

Zorblag wrote:Scien, you be welcome to think what you like of Sajin based on his post 41 but him no be doing what you be describing there.
Meh, I'm not so sure he isn't. Yes he explains that it should be a null tell, true. But not before he comes out and says he knows why people think it is a scum tell. Just because his second point was logical doesn't mean I should ignore the 'I know why you guys think my mistake was scummy' part.

I believe my point stands. If he was town, I believe he would have started with the fact that the mistake should have been a null tell. Not with the statement that he understood it looked scummy.

Its a freggin inconsistancy right there anyway. If he says that he knows that the mistake should not be considered a scum tell because either side could make it, then why would he 'understand' why people are jumping to the conclusion that he is scum? He should have been bewildered by that due to it being a logical mistake for the town to make.

There is a motive there. He wanted to lead with a statement like 'I know that looked bad.' Why would he want to do that? As opposed to just explaining away how it could mean anything at all, like he and others later did.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:54 pm

Post by Scien »

For the turkey:
Sajin wrote:us? (goes back to look at votes, sees zito is voting by himself).....us?
Qwints voted after the last vote count. There are two votes on Cojin.

Cojin is obviously misunderstanding the term 'tomorrow' but I will allow those guys to figure all that out. That seems to be the main contention at the moment, is there other concerns that I should have noted PapaZ?
Scien wrote:
PapaZ wrote:I'm voting Cojin, Scien. You're welcome to join us.
Oro? What the heck does that mean? Why should I?
If I were an optimist, I would assume that you justed wanted additional pressure. However a vote without discussion is meaningless. What would my additional pressure mean if no one is engaging him in dialog?

I don't see your case against Cojin, PapaZ. You have attempted recently to solicit both Zorblag and my votes against Cojin, but I don't think you have yet attempted to ask Cojin anything. Am I wrong?
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:01 pm

Post by Sajin »

@Scien- missed the vote from qwintz thanks.

Your timeline is off though. That was after I got corrected on the rules.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:18 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Scien, again, make what you like of Sajin but when people realizes that them have made a mistake Troll finds it unsurprising that them would think others would see it as scummy. If you want a particularly good example of this take a look at MiteyMouse's mistake in Newbie Game 749 and reaction to being called on it a couple posts later. She, as town, assumes that people will find a mistake in reasoning (in this case mixing up how many scum be left in the game) will make her look scummy and lead to a quick hammer.

Saying that one's play has actually been scummy in the past be one thing. Understanding why others would think you look scummy based on a mistake be another.

As for Cojin, several people including Troll have attempted to start dialogues with him by asking questions which him has largely ignored. The one exception to this be the post in which him gave his neutral read on both hohum and Sajin despite apparently finding both of their individual actions incriminating. Complain about Papa Zito's lack of case all you like but saying that no one be engaging Cojin in a dialogue be disingenuous. Him simply no has been willing to participate in one.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:14 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Sajin wrote:
Papa Zito wrote:
us? (goes back to look at votes, sees zito is voting by himself).....us?
qwints is also voting Cojin.
Scien wrote:I don't see your case against Cojin, PapaZ. You have attempted recently to solicit both Zorblag and my votes against Cojin, but I don't think you have yet attempted to ask Cojin anything. Am I wrong?
Oy.

Please read Cojin in iso and tell me what you think, Scien.
Kappa
Just Monika
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:16 am

Post by qwints »

Hohum's rapid fire posting makes judging his activity levels difficult, but I think his brief periods of inactivity are coming at convenient times. If so, that would seem scummy to me, but I need to re-read to evaluate this hypothesis. We haven't heard any suspicions from MM in over a week. That bothers me a lot with deadline approaching.

While I could support (at this point) either a hohum or MM deadline lynch, I still think Cojin is the best option. He's been completely useless this game. He hasn't answered questions posed to him (with one exception.) His vote on MM lacked justification and was quite opportunistic. I also don't think he's likely to be chosen given the lack of a wagon on him today despite horrendous play.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:32 am

Post by hohum »

I'm around qwints, I've just got nothing further to say and I'm tired of beating a dead horse.

I'm going to laugh my ass off when I'm proven correct.

If you want to lynch me for lurking, or go with me at deadline, or whatever it is you want to do, then I don't care. I'll go along with the program.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:51 am

Post by Scien »

Zorblag wrote:Scien, again, make what you like of Sajin but when people realizes that them have made a mistake Troll finds it unsurprising that them would think others would see it as scummy. If you want a particularly good example of this take a look at MiteyMouse's mistake in Newbie Game 749 and reaction to being called on it a couple posts later. She, as town, assumes that people will find a mistake in reasoning (in this case mixing up how many scum be left in the game) will make her look scummy and lead to a quick hammer.
Yes, she made a mistake there. All the while it appears that she proclaimed that she was indeed town. She never lead with 'oh that was scummy'. She just assumed that it would lead to her lynch it appears, and cried as hard as she could cry that she was town.

I understand what you are saying. Truly I do. Now shush for a sec Zorblag, I wanna talk to Sajin. Both times I started mentioning it I got a stronger reaction from you than him, and there really is no pressure on him at the moment...
Sajin wrote:As town I always say- If I was scum I would be doing XXXX. And so I am doing YYYY. I do the same thing as scum though.
That's fair. However saying that your past play is scummy is weird. Do you always do that?

Zorblag has been trying to feed you an answer to my concerns below. But I want to hear it out of your own mouth, probably with elaboration. Just answer what you will please:
Sajin wrote:[A] I see why you think I was scum. Because I thought people would be able to claim chosen.
But that does not indicate confused scum, or confused townie but just confused. [C] Hohum was willing to take advantage of the confusion though. I like my vote.
[A] is not explicitly necessary for your argument, especially if you believe
at that point in your thought process, which you obviously do because
is in the same post as [A]. Why did you see why people think you scum for a mistake which is obvious at that point could have been made by either side and you admit you realized it was a null tell at that point? This is a question I would like you to answer, not Zorblag.

It is a small jump, one that you are free to contest and I even welcome that contention so we can have discussion, to say that due to [A] you are claiming that before we started talking about the mistake being a null tell, you thought the mistake looked scummy. Is this the case? If not, why did you decide to lead with [A]? If it is the case that you at one point thought making the mistake was scummy, why did you change your mind about your own actions?

[C] is funny as well. If I was asking you these questions around post 41 would you also think me taking advantage of the situation? Would you think me town trying to make sense of your logic? What about now? Am I taking advantage of a past situation? Where is the magic line where questioning you about something that you yourself said was funny in [A] becomes opportunistic scum rather than inquisitive townie? How is Hohum's questioning different than the rest of the town?

All of the above I would like to discuss. Thank you.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:01 am

Post by Scien »

PapaZ wrote:Please read Cojin in iso and tell me what you think, Scien.
I see almost zero content. However I did notice that when people specifically hashed out in list form what was asked of him, he answered.

At the moment we have votes on him for inactivity? Because he has hanging questions? My vote will do little to get him to answer I believe. Would you guys list out the hanging questions and confirm your votes first? He might answer then.

Besides, I have already said that I would do nothing if we had to deal with a lurker. Somewhere on the front page I imagine.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:59 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Scien wrote:Besides, I have already said that I would do nothing if we had to deal with a lurker. Somewhere on the front page I imagine.
Do you find lurking to be a scumtell or a towntell?
Kappa
Just Monika

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”