Jester
Jester

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

GIEFF wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Yesterday, i was
more
convinced that BCC was town,
because your attack on him was so contrived.
Now im not so convinced. That does not make BCC a good lynch.
Wait, I thought you were convinced BCC was town because of your magical meta read you can't share with us?

Having trouble keeping your story straight?
Italics mine. Having trouble reading? :roll:

You already know my main reason for thinking BCC to be town. It's completely reasonable. However i was convinced further by the fact you were defending Cephrir so shoddily, in an attempt to push a wagon on him. Cephrir coming up town, and having the night to think about it, has made me ease off a bit.

Also, a note for you for the future as well. An issue you seem to have in this game is that you will pounce on anything that moves. You've adopted an aggressive style of posting which basically amounts to constant interrogation. It means that you will always get distorted reads because you are always trying to make something scummy, as opposed to looking objectively.

Heck, maybe you're looking objectively really, but just pretending to be ridiculously aggressive. Only you know that. But thought i should offer my 2 cents.

BM

*Also, using the word "magical" is a scumtell.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

GIEFF wrote:Yes, good strategy. I find a massive scumslip/inconsistency, so the best plan is just to vote me and leave the thread for a few hours. I'm sure that will work.
"massive scumslip"?

Good God man! Get a grip! :shock:

My post above is clearly much-needed.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

blackcatcontract (3): Kmd4390, jammer, GIEFF
Battle Mage (2): alexhans, Zachrulez
SensFan (1): Benmage
Debonair Danny DiPietro (1): SpyreX
GIEFF (1): Battle Mage

Not Voting: SensFan, Debonair Danny DiPietro, blackcatcontract

6 to lynch
Success breeds suspicion
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

seems like Gieff has scarpered. Well, i'm not waiting up all night. -.-

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Battle Mage wrote:You already know my main reason for thinking BCC to be town. It's completely reasonable.
No. It isn't reasonable in the slightest.

When you were scrambling for reasons to find bcc town yesterday, why didn't you bring this up? The ONLY thing you could find was your magical meta read. When asked for further reasons, you said "I'm not answering any more questions on my position", "if you believe im scum, your vote should be on me," and "maybe he intends to come back but cant get into the reread." Not a single thing about my attack on bcc (which wasn't even really an attack) being contrived.

And in what way was my attack on bcc contrived?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Battle Mage wrote: One suspects that Charter might be wrong. ;)
He's not exactly the Paragon of Mafia Hunters.

BM
He always seems to catch me. :wink:
Zachrulez wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:because i've felt he was town for ages.
Really? Where have you stated this feeling? As far as what I recall in your 200+ post contribution in the game, you've been spending most of your time calling him scum.
^This. Pretty sure you haven't told us so if you've actually had a town read on Alex, BM.
GIEFF wrote: I feel less sure he is scum now than I did then, in part because of the coaching meta applying when he is town. And in part because camn-town wrecked my alex-camn theory.
Don't ever back off of a player you see as scummy just because a connection isn't there after one flips. I once suspected a BlakAdder/Elvis_Knits connection in Family Guy. They weren't scumbuddies, but Blak was scum and EK was SK. EK actually went on to win, but let's not get into the bad memories too much. :lol:

Point is, just because a connection is false doesn't mean a scummy player is town.
GIEFF wrote: If I am reading your thought process correctly, you suspect BM and alex are scumbuddies?
^I can see this.
Battle Mage wrote:
Yaw wrote:
Vote Count:

alexhans (1): Battle Mage

6 to lynch
Unvote, Vote: Jammer

Damnit, i'm gonna go down voting for someone i think is scum. xD

BM
2 votes is "going down"? Hmm.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by alexhans »

BM... You're not the only I've analized... I've read Zach and SpyreX over the night too. It's just that your behaviour have switched too much... You've been inconsistent and wishy washy and have constantly appealed to emotion. Why do you feel the need to meta threaten me every time?

I've thought this over REAL good man... I didn't come to a hasty conclusion. Yet, every time you appeal to emotion you succeed on making me doubt. So I realize that you're really dangerous and could fool someone easyly.

Why do you think that you're gonna be lynched already? There's only 2 votes today and I don't see a reason why this should be a short day.

I can even propose you a deal... We lynch someone today with your seal of approval. If he is town, we lynch you tomorrow, no matter what.

Why do you think Jammer is scum?
GIEFF wrote:I think you would make a great lynch, BM.

Are you trying to derail bcc's wagon?
Added by Alex: Again?

1741: So you were not scummy at all? Also... Now you say you've got no reads?
GIEFF wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Yesterday, i was more convinced that BCC was town,
because your attack on him was so contrived.
Now im not so convinced. That does not make BCC a good lynch.
Wait, I thought you were convinced BCC was town because of your magical meta read you can't share with us?

Having trouble keeping your story straight?
true BM... Very true. You never gave a solid reason.
BM to GIEFF wrote: You already know my main reason for thinking BCC to be town. It's completely reasonable. However i was convinced further by the fact you were defending Cephrir so shoddily, in an attempt to push a wagon on him. Cephrir coming up town, and having the night to think about it, has made me ease off a bit.
It still doesn't make sense man... You lynched Cephir because GIEFF (who you thought town) was against him? You keep on with the wishy washiness... If you thought it was an Alex+JAmmer+(by the looks of it, GIEFF because he was trying to lynch a townie?) why did you vote Cephir?

GIEFF... BCC is not a bad lynch... But I need everyone else to chip in and tell us what they think about all this.

Specially SensFan, BCC and DDD.
I'm back...
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by alexhans »

EBWOP: on hindsight, forget about my lynching proposition with a seal of approval.... It's stupid if you're trying to lynch both my town reads...
I'm back...
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by Benmage »

GIEFF wrote:I am NOT pushing your wagon, Battle Mage. I think you're scummy. But I'd prefer to see a bcc lynch.
Why bcc?
@Yaw
whats the deal with bcc?

Does he have some type of special post restriction...do we have to say his full name? blackcatcontract? must I ask him a question? blackcatcontract what do you think of playing the game you signed up for?

Sigh :(

Jammer wake up!
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by Yaw »

Yes, there's a special post restriction where you have to say his name three times in front of a mirror in a darkened room for him to appear.

Ok, seriously, I haven't heard anything yet, the prod is still in my outbox, and Kairyuu hasn't found him either. My normal time allotted for prod pickup in newbies is 48 hours, so I'll give him until the end of tomorrow before determining whether or not he's AWOL and needs replacement.
Success breeds suspicion
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by alexhans »

Yaw wrote:Yes, there's a special post restriction where you have to say his name three times in front of a mirror in a darkened room for him to appear.
*Alexhans stands in front of a mirror...
"blackcatcontract..."
"blackcatcontract..."
gulp
"blackcatcontARGGHHHAHH!!!!!!
:shock:
I'm back...
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

GIEFF wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:You already know my main reason for thinking BCC to be town. It's completely reasonable.
No. It isn't reasonable in the slightest.

When you were scrambling for reasons to find bcc town yesterday, why didn't you bring this up? The ONLY thing you could find was your
magical
meta read. When asked for further reasons, you said "I'm not answering any more questions on my position", "if you believe im scum, your vote should be on me," and "maybe he intends to come back but cant get into the reread." Not a single thing about my attack on bcc (which wasn't even really an attack) being contrived.

And in what way was my attack on bcc contrived?
Your attack on BCC was contrived, because when you looked at both him and Cephrir, the information you found suggested Cephrir as a better lynch. Yet, somehow, you continued to push BCC, in face of your own analysis.

The "if you believe i'm scum, your vote should be on me" seems more like me saying that you should just trust me, rather than sticking my neck on the line for BCC.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:17 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: One suspects that Charter might be wrong. ;)
He's not exactly the Paragon of Mafia Hunters.

BM
He always seems to catch me. :wink:
Lol, you should work on that. In my experience, his reads are pretty shoddy.
KMD wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:because i've felt he was town for ages.
Really? Where have you stated this feeling? As far as what I recall in your 200+ post contribution in the game, you've been spending most of your time calling him scum.
^This. Pretty sure you haven't told us so if you've actually had a town read on Alex, BM.
I think ive said it, or hinted at it, a hundred times. It doesnt matter. You know it now.
KMD wrote:
GIEFF wrote: I feel less sure he is scum now than I did then, in part because of the coaching meta applying when he is town. And in part because camn-town wrecked my alex-camn theory.
Don't ever back off of a player you see as scummy just because a connection isn't there after one flips. I once suspected a BlakAdder/Elvis_Knits connection in Family Guy. They weren't scumbuddies, but Blak was scum and EK was SK. EK actually went on to win, but let's not get into the bad memories too much. :lol:

Point is, just because a connection is false doesn't mean a scummy player is town.
Perhaps Gieff is making an excuse, rather than a reason, to back off his Alex-Hate.
KMD wrote:
GIEFF wrote: If I am reading your thought process correctly, you suspect BM and alex are scumbuddies?
^I can see this.
*checks role pm*

I can't. ;)
KMD wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Yaw wrote:
Vote Count:

alexhans (1): Battle Mage

6 to lynch
Unvote, Vote: Jammer

Damnit, i'm gonna go down voting for someone i think is scum. xD

BM
2 votes is "going down"? Hmm.
You wait and see. :D

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

alexhans wrote:BM... You're not the only I've analized... I've read Zach and SpyreX over the night too. It's just that your behaviour have switched too much... You've been inconsistent and wishy washy and have constantly appealed to emotion.
Zach and SpyreX are likely town, so that really doesnt help much. I agree with you though. I've been inconsistent from the start. The thing you have to learn is-that's not a scumtell! lol
Appeal to emotion is a 'BM is emotional' tell. I hate it when people don't do as i say. :P
Alex wrote: Why do you feel the need to meta threaten me every time?
Explain?
Alex wrote: I've thought this over REAL good man... I didn't come to a hasty conclusion. Yet, every time you appeal to emotion you succeed on making me doubt. So I realize that you're really dangerous and could fool someone easyly.
Lol, you're appealing to emotion too. Coming over as all apologetic. :P

This is a mountainous game, and i dont see any logic that says im scum (with the exception of me completely losing track of the game on Day 1. That was utterly retarded.)

What else can i do? I've gotta hope that, if you're town, you think this through and change your mind. And how do i do that? Appeal to emotion, all the way. *wry smile*
Alex wrote: Why do you think that you're gonna be lynched already? There's only 2 votes today and I don't see a reason why this should be a short day.
I didnt see a reason the other 2 days should have been short either. Who are you hoping to lynch tomorrow?
Alex wrote: I can even propose you a deal... We lynch someone today with your seal of approval. If he is town, we lynch you tomorrow, no matter what.
Wow. That's actually a damn good deal. And it makes sense too. Coz if i was scum, id have to bus to stay alive. Why has nobody else used this in other games? I'm impressed. haha

I will have to consider well how to use this AWESOME power. xD

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

alexhans wrote:EBWOP: on hindsight, forget about my lynching proposition with a seal of approval.... It's stupid if you're trying to lynch both my town reads...
Haha, then rescind my "impressedness".

It's actually a pretty slick idea. If i'm scum, i either throw a buddy under the bus, or i get lynched tomorrow. So you guarantee postponing of LyLo.
Even if you dont carry through on the deal, you can see who i suggest, and then if i come up scum, theres a good shot they might be my buddy.
If i'm town, you give me a last chance to prove my worth as a scumhunter.

C'est la vie.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:30 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Benmage wrote:
GIEFF wrote:I am NOT pushing your wagon, Battle Mage. I think you're scummy. But I'd prefer to see a bcc lynch.
Why bcc?
@Yaw
whats the deal with bcc?

Does he have some type of special post restriction...do we have to say his full name? blackcatcontract? must I ask him a question? blackcatcontract what do you think of playing the game you signed up for?

Sigh :(

Jammer wake up!
why arent you trying to derail my inevitable lynch? xD

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:57 am

Post by Zachrulez »

GIEFF wrote:alexhans' scum. vs. town contributions:

[mrow]Game[col]Alignment[col]Posts / Day[col]1,000's of Chars / DayMini 714[col]Scum[col]0.6[col]0.5Open 129[col]Scum[col]2.1[col]1Mini 761[col]Town[col]2[col]1.3Mini 773[col]Town[col]1.2[col]1.2Newbie 744[col]Town[col]0.8[col]0.5Mafia 91[col]Town[col]4.5[col]2This game[col]?[col]3.9[col]3.9
Scum average
[col][col]1.4[col]0.8
Town average
[col][col]2.1[col]1.3

Alex's flurry of activity in this game is largely based on being attacked so much, but I would still call this a mild towntell.
Hey Gieff, you seem to be pretty good at these. Could you possibly do one on DDD? I'm curious...
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:54 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Zachrulez wrote:
GIEFF wrote:alexhans' scum. vs. town contributions:

[mrow]Game[col]Alignment[col]Posts / Day[col]1,000's of Chars / DayMini 714[col]Scum[col]0.6[col]0.5Open 129[col]Scum[col]2.1[col]1Mini 761[col]Town[col]2[col]1.3Mini 773[col]Town[col]1.2[col]1.2Newbie 744[col]Town[col]0.8[col]0.5Mafia 91[col]Town[col]4.5[col]2This game[col]?[col]3.9[col]3.9
Scum average
[col][col]1.4[col]0.8
Town average
[col][col]2.1[col]1.3

Alex's flurry of activity in this game is largely based on being attacked so much, but I would still call this a mild towntell.
Hey Gieff, you seem to be pretty good at these. Could you possibly do one on DDD? I'm curious...
I second this.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:50 am

Post by GIEFF »

OK, I'll do it when I get a chance. BM is right though, it won't be a very strong tell either way.

Battle Mage wrote:Your attack on BCC was contrived, because when you looked at both him and Cephrir, the information you found suggested Cephrir as a better lynch. Yet, somehow, you continued to push BCC, in face of your own analysis.
For the last time, my information did
not
show Cephrir as a better lynch. My information showed Cephrir lurks like crazy as both town and scum, but to an even GREATER extent as town.

Instead of appealing to emotion, BM, why don't you try telling us what your meta read was? Or at least why you can't tell us about it? bcc is in no ongoing games.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:52 am

Post by Battle Mage »

GIEFF wrote:OK, I'll do it when I get a chance. BM is right though, it won't be a very strong tell either way.

Battle Mage wrote:Your attack on BCC was contrived, because when you looked at both him and Cephrir, the information you found suggested Cephrir as a better lynch. Yet, somehow, you continued to push BCC, in face of your own analysis.
For the last time, my information did
not
show Cephrir as a better lynch. My information showed Cephrir lurks like crazy as both town and scum, but to an even GREATER extent as town.
You should check your info again. Or, even better, find my response to it, where i actually took the time to trawl through the games you suggested. :)
Did you check Freelancer out in the end, btw?
Gieff wrote: Instead of appealing to emotion, BM, why don't you try telling us what your meta read was? Or at least why you can't tell us about it? bcc is in no ongoing games.
Can you give me a week?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:31 am

Post by Benmage »

Battle Mage wrote: why arent you trying to derail my inevitable lynch? xD
I've been a little under the weather...but you have what 2 votes on you. You're not going to be lynched today.

Bitch
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:35 am

Post by SpyreX »

In one spot without 4 million quotes and/or blaze blah I'd love to see this developing case on BM.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:35 am

Post by SensFan »

Posting this in my sig and all ongoing games:
I just got fired from my job. V/LA until further notice.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:38 am

Post by Benmage »

Sorry about work man, that sucks....but maybe you should consider asking to be replaced?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:55 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Battle Mage wrote: Lol, you should work on that. In my experience, his reads are pretty shoddy.
You haven't seen Newbie 744. Raivann and I had the entire town eating out of the palms of our hands til Charter replaced in. Right, Alex? :lol:
Battle Mage wrote: why arent you trying to derail my inevitable lynch? xD

BM
This makes no sense. You are calling your lynch inevitible at just 2 votes.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”