Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Yaw wrote:
alexhans wrote:MOD: What's up with Cephir?
I already posted about him and blackcatcontract in the morning post. Unless you're asking why he hasn't posted yet today, in which case I'd point out that this thread has been open less than 24 hours, and the majority of locations in the Americas aren't off 9-to-5 work yet. But you can't possibly mean that last question, because then I'd have to ask if your question was actually serious.

On another note, I'm finding it exceedingly hard to keep up with vote counts, because every time I try to preview there's at least 5 new posts to look over. So if you actually want to have regular vote counts, slow the hell down, because I refuse to do the impossible.
Why not post a votecount as often as you can, and then edit it, so you can keep track of any votes that occur while you are typing?

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:36 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Yaw wrote: Also, both Cephrir and blackcatcontract confirmed during the night that they're still in this game.
This strikes me as massively scummy.

Vote: Cephrir

I think a wagon here might actually achieve something.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Why Cephrir and not BCC?
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:39 am

Post by Yaw »

BM: It's a
two minute process
! If there's consistently 5 new posts every 2 minutes in this game, it's going too fast.

Vote Count:

Benmage (3): SensFan, GIEFF, jammer
GIEFF (1): Zachrulez
Cephrir (1): Battle Mage

Not Voting: alexhans, Cephrir, Debonair Danny DiPietro, blackcatcontract, camn, Kmd4390, SpyreX, Benmage

7 to lynch
Success breeds suspicion
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:40 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Yaw wrote:BM: It's a
two minute process
! If there's consistently 5 new posts every 2 minutes in this game, it's going too fast.

Vote Count:

Not Voting: alexhans, Cephrir, Debonair Danny DiPietro, blackcatcontract, camn, Kmd4390, SpyreX, Benmage

7 to lynch
I'd complain about the speed of this game, but my other 2 games are going WAY too slow. It's a nice change of pace.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:43 am

Post by GIEFF »

Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:43 am

Post by Yaw »

Well, I do appreciate the participation, don't get me wrong. There's just a point where it becomes exceedingly difficult for me to keep up as a mod, and this game is pushing that boundary. So I'd appreciate it being dialed back a bit, so I can keep up and do my modly duties properly.
Success breeds suspicion
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:44 am

Post by Benmage »

Battle Mage wrote: QFT. What do you mean by "flippant reasoning"? with the post you quoted?
I thought his reasoning for voting me and to see my reaction and alex’s is soft. I don’t understand how he felt this more important than commenting on my iso’s. He could’ve commented and then voted me and accomplished both. But to so readily write off my efforts seemed possibly purposeful.
Yes I was sitting at L-2…he told others not to vote for me?? Yet was waiting to see Alex’s response… there sounds like possible subtly coaxing/coaching in that statement. Plus what was he anticipating? Had alex voted me I’d be L-1…someone not wanting to see my lynched is fine with me sitting L-1? I don’t mean to insult everyone’s play with this statement…but I don’t think a non-thoughtful hammer is too farfetched even from a town player.
GIEFF wrote:Had Benmage reached L-1, I would have unvoted. I was being quite cautious.

Zach and I were BOTH voting for Benmage. Zach suggested quicklynch, and I said no. Isn't it a little silly to pressure ME over the quicklynch, rather than Zach?

Still waiting on that case, Zach.
Gieff says the right thing again :wink: Doesn’t your gut just scream he’s scum! Wolf in sheeps clothing! Watch out!
GIEFF wrote: But I AM suspicious of Benmage. His reaction to the wagon on him was ridiculous.
He has been inconsistent and untruthful.
Where?
GIEFF wrote:
Benmage wrote:
alexhans wrote:
??? THe idiocy surge came after your posts...
What my iso’s?
No. You removed me from your lynch-list. This happened before anybody else had the chance for any idiocy. You were NOT referring to Sensfans' posts yesterday when you said "idiocy." You were referring to the wagon on you, which happened AFTER you removed me from your lynch-list.

So - if I was second on your lynch-list yesterday, and the person who was in first is now dead, why am I completely off of it now?
Yes the new list comprised those who were in opposition to VPB. Because I strongly feel that jammer or alex could be scum and that VPB’s iso and my readings were quite telling. SF play was in their because of his idiocy(which I felt at the time even if I hadn’t said the word “idiocy” yet). That part on SF should be evident when I quoted his vote on me and my following reaction.
Zachrulez wrote:
Yaw wrote:BM: It's a
two minute process

Vote Count:

7 to lynch
I'd complain about the speed of this game, but my other 2 games are going WAY too slow. It's a nice change of pace.
word it's just cause were all trolling at the moment. It has its slow times too :P
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Benmage »

Battle Mage wrote:
Yaw wrote: Also, both Cephrir and blackcatcontract confirmed during the night that they're still in this game.

BM
We sat on a mastin wagon for how long???I mean I'm willing to see a lurker go because they are useless but still.. I doubt this achieves much :P .

vote Cephrir
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Zachrulez wrote:Why Cephrir and not BCC?
Actually, i typed out a BCC vote, and somewhere in the back of my mind, i recalled a reason i felt he might be town. Will look into it later i guess. But we gotta start somewhere.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:50 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Do you constantly feel the need to post the same thing 3 times?

I already said I made points, but you've apparently ignored that.

Not to mention the fact that you're being unrealistic about the speed and time limits you're expecting on me to adhere to even if I hadn't made any points on you already.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Benmage wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

BM
We sat on a mastin wagon for how long???I mean I'm willing to see a lurker go because they are useless but still.. I doubt this achieves much :P .

vote Cephrir
I've seen Cephrir lurk as town, but he was part of a protown cult, whose win condition entailed survival. I dont see why he would want to stay in the game as town, if he doesnt intend to participate. Certainly, i dont wanna let lurker scum cruise to a victory.

The Mastin lynch was ridiculous. If Cephrir shows up, or this activity slows down, i'll go back and read the end of yesterday, and have a rant about that.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:52 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Battle Mage wrote:
Actually, i typed out a BCC vote, and somewhere in the back of my mind, i recalled a reason i felt he might be town. Will look into it later i guess. But we gotta start somewhere.

BM
I would appreciate you finding that reason for me, as I prefer voting for BCC if we must do a lurker wagon.

I think you do make a good point though about the need to pressure the lurkers to actually participate.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:53 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Yaw wrote:Well, I do appreciate the participation, don't get me wrong. There's just a point where it becomes exceedingly difficult for me to keep up as a mod, and this game is pushing that boundary. So I'd appreciate it being dialed back a bit, so I can keep up and do my modly duties properly.
Lol, you could be the first Mod to hire a team to help keep up with the game. xD

I'm only posting lots now coz im bored, and my other games are either full of lurky b'tards, or utterly pointless for me to say anything in.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:54 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Zachrulez wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

BM
I would appreciate you finding that reason for me, as I prefer voting for BCC if we must do a lurker wagon.

I think you do make a good point though about the need to pressure the lurkers to actually participate.
Ok, will do. In the meantime, wanna fill me in on YOUR reasoning?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Benmage wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: QFT. What do you mean by "flippant reasoning"? with the post you quoted?
I thought his reasoning for voting me and to see my reaction and alex’s is soft. I don’t understand how he felt this more important than commenting on my iso’s. He could’ve commented and then voted me and accomplished both. But to so readily write off my efforts seemed possibly purposeful.
Yes I was sitting at L-2…he told others not to vote for me?? Yet was waiting to see Alex’s response… there sounds like possible subtly coaxing/coaching in that statement. Plus what was he anticipating? Had alex voted me I’d be L-1…someone not wanting to see my lynched is fine with me sitting L-1? I don’t mean to insult everyone’s play with this statement…but I don’t think a non-thoughtful hammer is too farfetched even from a town player.
It happened yesterday, if you believe Camn to be town. Personally i think she should be looked at again just for the hammer alone.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:59 am

Post by Benmage »

In regards to BCC/Kai. Look at my iso on the bottom of jammer. I give a little insight. Both Kai's/Bcc's and Ceph's iso's are real small, read them. i did and gut is saying bcc is town, while ceph is unclear at best.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:07 am

Post by GIEFF »

Zachrulez wrote:Alex, I changed my mind about Benmage once he actually started being reasonable.
This is BS. You claim to have voted for Benmage because no townie has that much content at the start of a day. This has nothing to do with Benmage's subsequent irrational behavior, the cessation of which should NOT have caused you to unvote, if you were being genuine.

Zachrulez wrote:Do you constantly feel the need to post the same thing 3 times?

I already said I made points, but you've apparently ignored that.

Not to mention the fact that you're being unrealistic about the speed and time limits you're expecting on me to adhere to even if I hadn't made any points on you already.
I don't want to give you the time to just make crap up. You said I should have been lynched yesterday, so I assume you have some good reasoning for that. Just a few brief points will be fine.

I've read you in iso, and you have nothing so far but the fact that I am voting for Benmage even though I think alex is likelier to be scum.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:24 am

Post by camn »

Benmage wrote:The part regarding camn was serious. The question about self-voting/self hammering and being banned was serious. The unleashing of the hounds was actually subtly semi-serious because thats where camn and gieff started their accusations at my first post. My "oh wow"...you did a similar post and It'll be peculiar if they simply ignore you.
Oh yeah..

Hey BattleMage...
If you were so worried about getting killed.. why did you do a bunch of Iso-reads during the night phase......

Oh wait.
You didn't.
It totally isn't the same thing at all.
Never mind.

And Ben.. ICs have rules regarding self-voting. Normal players don't.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:51 am

Post by Battle Mage »

camn wrote:
Benmage wrote:The part regarding camn was serious. The question about self-voting/self hammering and being banned was serious. The unleashing of the hounds was actually subtly semi-serious because thats where camn and gieff started their accusations at my first post. My "oh wow"...you did a similar post and It'll be peculiar if they simply ignore you.
Oh yeah..

Hey BattleMage...
If you were so worried about getting killed.. why did you do a bunch of Iso-reads during the night phase......

Oh wait.
You didn't.
It totally isn't the same thing at all.
Never mind.

And Ben.. ICs have rules regarding self-voting. Normal players don't.
In case you didnt notice, Benmage would qualify as an IC.

I believe somebody else pointed out the way you seem to be anti-Benmage, but havent deigned to join the wagon. Waiting to drop another stupid hammer?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:56 am

Post by Zachrulez »

GIEFF wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:Alex, I changed my mind about Benmage once he actually started being reasonable.
This is BS. You claim to have voted for Benmage because no townie has that much content at the start of a day. This has nothing to do with Benmage's subsequent irrational behavior, the cessation of which should NOT have caused you to unvote, if you were being genuine.
I think your vote was opportunistic. This whole block of text here supports my thought that your vote was opportunistic.

It's not just the actions that we're analyzing, it's the players too. Benmage's reaction gives me a town vibe. His actions were scummy, I have not turned around and suddenly argued they were not. His reaction makes me feel less strongly that he is scum.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Zach-why not Cephrir?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Zachrulez wrote:I think your vote was opportunistic. This whole block of text here supports my thought that your vote was opportunistic.

What whole block of text?

Fine, I will humor you - you think my Benmage-vote was opportunistic. Opportunistic enough to vote me.

But if this is true, then what about jammer's vote for Benmage? His vote was more opportunistic (as it came later, it was OMGUS, and he said NOTHING when you were pushing the quicklynch. Why focus on me instead of jammer?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Battle Mage wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

BM

Ok, will do. In the meantime, wanna fill me in on YOUR reasoning?

BM
I did not like Kai's early vote on Jammer.

They way he left that game left me thinking too. Mainly because if I was scum in a game like this, I probably would have found it as difficult to post as he did.

At any rate. I support lynching the lurkers if they won't participate. I would suggest that we give them a set amount of time to post something and then run them up if they fail to post any content within that period of time.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

GIEFF wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:I think your vote was opportunistic. This whole block of text here supports my thought that your vote was opportunistic.

What whole block of text?

Fine, I will humor you - you think my Benmage-vote was opportunistic. Opportunistic enough to vote me.

But if this is true, then what about jammer's vote for Benmage? His vote was more opportunistic (as it came later, it was OMGUS, and he said NOTHING when you were pushing the quicklynch. Why focus on me instead of jammer?
That was horrible.

I've already stated much earlier in the game that I think Jammer is town. Nice attempt to deflect though.

Also looking at Jammer's join date he's also fairly new to the game. Newbies tend to follow bandwagons with bad reasoning. (Since you'll probably want more explanation then my belief that he's town.)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”