GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:41 am

Post by GIEFF »

Is there a person in the game besides alex who is NOT against a Mastin lynch?

If not, then in the interests of ending the day, I will throw my support and effort behind a Mastin lynch now. I agree that 30 pages is just too long for Day 1.

However, I would very much appreciate people looking at camn again with fresh eyes tomorrow. I am very confident she is scum, and I hope to do a better job convincing everybody of that fact tomorrow.

Unvote

Vote mastin

I think Mastin is a better lynch than alex. Alex-town has benefit to us, Mastin-town does NOT.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Battle Mage wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:
ATTENTION TOWN: WE'RE NOT LYNCHING CAMN TODAY.
Works for me. I refuse to vote Camn today unless something pretty much proves she is scum, which I don't see happening, especially in an all vanilla game.

Unvote, Vote Alexhans
why so adamant that Camn is town?

BM
Mostly because there is no strong case against her and she seems to be getting attacked for being Camn, not being scum. And my initial gut read on her was town to begin with.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:42 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

GIEFF wrote:Is there a person in the game besides alex who is NOT against a Mastin lynch?
Not my favorite lynch, but I'd support it over a lynch of about half the players in the game.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

VP Baltar wrote:Dearest GIEFF,

You and camn are both town. I've read your case. It's weak sauce and you can't let it go. There are some points that are mildly valid, but nothing that warrants a lynch. Meanwhile, Mastin is scum and you know it.

Yours in spirit,

VP Baltar

--------------------------

@ alex--Your unwarranted defense of Mastin, high fluff ratio, and general pushing of horrible cases make you lynchalicious.

That's way under 200 words. What do I win?
cant shake the feeling you are scum. Did i hear back on a link to a game of yours?

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:44 am

Post by GIEFF »

As I said, KMD.

Please try again with fresh eyes tomorrow. Don't start defending her like crazy until you read, digest, think, and decide for yourself.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

GIEFF wrote:As I said, KMD.

Please try again with fresh eyes tomorrow. Don't start defending her like crazy until you read, digest, think, and decide for yourself.
I've read from the point I came in. I thought about what I read. I decided I still think she's town.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Benmage »

I'd be willing to lynch Mastin.

In order of lynch preference would be:
Camn
Mastin

So if it ends the day I'm for it. Nobody lurks and lurks when they were L-1 and a leading wagon for so long..while being active elsewhere on the site.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:
Works for me. I refuse to vote Camn today unless something pretty much proves she is scum, which I don't see happening, especially in an all vanilla game.

Unvote, Vote Alexhans

BM
Mostly because there is no strong case against her and she seems to be getting attacked for being Camn, not being scum. And my initial gut read on her was town to begin with.
She's self voting. She lacks confidence in her own ability to argue. She has dramatic changes of stance that i havent seen from her before as town.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:50 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

People I'd lynch before Mastin:
alexhans
GIEFF
blackcatcontract (replacing Kairyuu)

People I may or may not lynch before Mastin:
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Cephrir
jammer

People I wouldn't lynch before Mastin:
Everyone else.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:50 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Kmd4390 wrote:
GIEFF wrote:Is there a person in the game besides alex who is NOT against a Mastin lynch?
Not my favorite lynch, but I'd support it over a lynch of about half the players in the game.
What about Alex do you find scummier than Mastin?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:51 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Battle Mage wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:

Unvote, Vote Alexhans

BM
She's self voting. She lacks confidence in her own ability to argue. She has dramatic changes of stance that i havent seen from her before as town.

BM
She's self-voting because she gave her vote to Benmage. The fact that she kept this up after he voted her only makes her more town IMO.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:52 am

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

Mastin (4): Zachrulez, Debonair Danny DiPietro, jammer, GIEFF
camn (2): Benmage, camn
alexhans (2): VP Baltar, Kmd4390
Battle Mage (1): Mastin
SensFan (1): alexhans
Debonair Danny DiPietro (1): SpyreX

Not Voting: Cephrir, blackcatcontract, SensFan, Battle Mage

8 to lynch
Success breeds suspicion
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:53 am

Post by GIEFF »

KMD, I don't want to get dragged back into a camn-quote-war.

But are you really arguing that tying your vote to a player you find scummy and self-voting is PRO-TOWN?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:54 am

Post by SpyreX »

DDD wrote:I really have no idea what SpyreX was going on about at the top of the page, it didn't look like English to me.
Didn't seem that hard to me to follow. You explicitly said you're not going to be proactive. Further, that you weren't going to participate unless
we forced you to

Yea.

----

As for Camn:

My only issue is this suicidial bent. The silver rule is: if someone asks to be lynched, you lynch them.

HOWEVER CAMN I THINK YOU ARE TOWN SO QUIT WITH THE /EMO IT IS NOT PRODUCTIVE.

---

After looking at Mastin's profile and the fact he has posted almost as much in other games as he has in this game total AND did not respond to the prod...

Unvote, Vote: Mastin

I am not thrilled about this. However, setting yourself up and then vanishing and letting other schmucks pick up your defense can suck a donkey.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:55 am

Post by SpyreX »

KMD, I don't want to get dragged back into a camn-quote-war.

But are you really arguing that tying your vote to a player you find scummy and self-voting is PRO-TOWN?
Good lord I almost hope camn is the lynch so tomorrow you get the hang.

What is the SCUM BENEFIT for any of those actions? Putting yourself in the spotlight in a negative fashion in a mountainous game?

:roll:
Show

Proud member of BaM
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

If not, then in the interests of ending the day, I will throw my support and effort behind a Mastin lynch now. I agree that 30 pages is just too long for Day 1.

However, I would very much appreciate people looking at camn again with fresh eyes tomorrow. I am very confident she is scum, and I hope to do a better job convincing everybody of that fact tomorrow.

Unvote

Vote mastin

I think Mastin is a better lynch than alex. Alex-town has benefit to us, Mastin-town does NOT.
I think you mis-worded the question, but, in a surprising turn of events, i'm against a Mastin lynch atm. Scummy as his limited posting has been, im considering his lurking more towntell than anything, especially given the setup.

I dont see the benefit of keeping Alex around tbh. Again, im not even entirely convinced he is scum anymore, but he is incredibly annoying, and if we're gonna policy lynch somebody, id pick him over Mastin. If Alex is scum, i think i know 1 one of his buddies too. :D

In any case, i feel we're getting alot out of the day, and we're only going to get more out of it, if we carry on. Give it a couple of weeks at least please?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

SpyreX wrote:
DDD wrote:I really have no idea what SpyreX was going on about at the top of the page, it didn't look like English to me.
Didn't seem that hard to me to follow. You explicitly said you're not going to be proactive. Further, that you weren't going to participate unless
we forced you to

Yea.

----

As for Camn:

My only issue is this suicidial bent. The silver rule is: if someone asks to be lynched, you lynch them.

HOWEVER CAMN I THINK YOU ARE TOWN SO QUIT WITH THE /EMO IT IS NOT PRODUCTIVE.

---

After looking at Mastin's profile and the fact he has posted almost as much in other games as he has in this game total AND did not respond to the prod...

Unvote, Vote: Mastin

I am not thrilled about this. However, setting yourself up and then vanishing and letting other schmucks pick up your defense can suck a donkey.
If you arent happy about this, why the hell are you doing it? Cant we discuss proper suspects a bit more, and then lynch the lurker?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:03 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:

Unvote, Vote Alexhans

BM

BM
She's self-voting because she gave her vote to Benmage. The fact that she kept this up after he voted her only makes her more town IMO.
No it doesnt. She didnt actually GIVE her vote to Benmage, she's merely mimicking his votes, which makes it seem more like a ruse. I can just about see what she might have hoped to gain from giving the vote to Benmage-get some reactions, and if he's scum (as she believes) would he use it to get a mislynch but leave himself open to attack tomorrow, or to bus a buddy, and play the long game. Because of her jibes at Ben knowing who is scum, she might have assumed he would bus, but when his vote went to her, she should have thought twice, and not continued that line. Benmage voting Camn with the proxy is a towntell from my PoV.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:03 am

Post by SpyreX »

If you arent happy about this, why the hell are you doing it? Cant we discuss proper suspects a bit more, and then lynch the lurker?

BM
1.) Ultimately the way it went down is indefensible. It has to be dealt with.
--- No way in hell will it ever be dealt with via NK if he IS town.
2.) 30 pages for day 1 is enough. Probably more than enough.
3.) Restarting and regrouping if we are wrong will help.
--- The information gained if we are right is invaluable.
4.) Mastin is a much higher lynch choice for me versus some of the others on the table. I took the tinfoil hat off but its still there staring at me.

So, would I personally rather lynch Cephrir or DDD or even GIEFF today? Yes.

Do I see it happening? Nope.

Am I ready for this day to be over? HELLS YA
Show

Proud member of BaM
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Spyrex wrote:@VP:

<3 (although your post was more than a scroll tsk, tsk).
Yeah, I felt a bit hypocritical....but 5 pages in a day will do that.

@DDD-is this sort of sit back and see what happens attitude typical of your town play?
jammer wrote:Yes, and the "you(r)" is pointing at gieff. Is it that hard to read.
Normally I have no problem understanding, but that one post was a bit confusing. No big deal.
Zachrulz wrote:Just a point I felt like making right now to show the relative difficulty in reading and staying caught up in this entire game.

How long do you think it takes to read a word document that is 20 pages long?

That's probably not even one of the bigger pages either...
^Voice of reason
alex wrote:why would you want to shut up KMD? She has just joined the game.
Well, I think
HE
isn't actually doing much scum hunting right now. He's has mostly only been defending camn and calling GIEFF scum for attacking her. It is frankly quite obvious that both GIEFF and camn are likely town, so I don't see this as particularly useful behavior.
alex wrote:I supposed it's amazingly hard to understand it when you're all so worried about looking scummy.
I am? See, it is these sorts of unsupported, half-hidden jabs that make you so lynchalicious. It is so obvious that you are trying to sling mud without actually bringing a real case.
alex wrote: What am I supposed to do? Let you go over the same things again and again? Let you leave so many players untouched and opinion free?
The thing is, we only get one lynch a day. Be a team player and limit your posts to people who are at the top of your list.
Benmage wrote:@VP What makes Camn town for you?
Her frustration reads as genuine town. GIEFF's case isn't so much strong as it is repetitious, which is damn annoying. It is most likely that they are both town and the scum are just loving this diversion. People who are somewhat on the sidelines of it and want it to continue (you) have a higher probability of being scum than either camn or GIEFF do.
alex wrote:And I think that they DO have tried to actively derail the waggon. Look at KMD and tell me I'm wrong.
Give me the top five reasons to lynch camn.
Zach wrote:Too many doubts on Alexhans in my mind even though he is undeniably playing scummy.
Can you detail these doubts? If he's "undeniably playing scummy", then why the hesitation?
Battle Mage wrote: Ooh, if only i had your aptitude with acronyms, you...Virgin Prick. :P
Heh, I had to laugh. I could have been referring to benmage! (who has actually jumped ahead of you in scumminess for his love of the camn wagon).
Zach wrote:I am wondering if everyone on Alex's bandwagon is truly convinced he is more likely scum than Mastin or is simply bandwagoning him to avoid lynching Mastin.
I'm fine with either lynch. In fact, we seem to finally be making progress!!!!!

Unvote, Vote Mastin

Battle Mage wrote:Did i hear back on a link to a game of yours?
Christ you are lazy. VP Baltar. Enjoy!
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:05 am

Post by GIEFF »

Spyrex wrote:Good lord I almost hope camn is the lynch so tomorrow you get the hang.

What is the SCUM BENEFIT for any of those actions? Putting yourself in the spotlight in a negative fashion in a mountainous game?

You're right, Spyrex - she is FAR too scummy to be scum. My mistake.

The scum benefit of those actions is you no longer have to pretend to find people suspicious, or pretend to scumhunt. camn-scum no longer has to worry about putting up a fake-front of fake-scumhunting, the lack of which is part of what I found scummy about her in the first place.

---

BM - I will give it more time if I think this town has any chance at all of lynching camn, or even you. I don't think they will though, so there is no point dragging it out even further, making it even harder for lurkers to catch up. Mastin is a fine lynch, one we can all agree on, and one that doesn't cost the town ANYTHING if he flips town.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:08 am

Post by Battle Mage »

GIEFF wrote:That depends; will Sens view everybody off the wagon as town even when you flip scum?

And if Sens REALLY believes that a camn-town-lynch means ALL scum are on the wagon, there is no way he would say it out loud. If it were true (and camn were town), saying it out loud completely ruins it, and ensure at least one scum will keep off the wagon. I would think that sacrificing one townie to confirm 6 townies would be a great deal. Why did you ruin this, Sens, if you really believe it?
seems pretty obvious he was just saying it to derail the wagon. And that isnt really scummy.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Battle Mage »

SpyreX wrote:

BM
1.) Ultimately the way it went down is indefensible. It has to be dealt with.
--- No way in hell will it ever be dealt with via NK if he IS town.
2.) 30 pages for day 1 is enough. Probably more than enough.
Most of that 30 pages was shit. We got some good stuff tho-more than most towns get on Day 1. And it doesnt look like we're starting to flake. We dont have a deadline. I'm actually enjoying the discussion and getting quite alot out of it. So why the hell is there a rush to end the day?
SpyRex wrote: 3.) Restarting and regrouping if we are wrong will help.
--- The information gained if we are right is invaluable.
I'd rather wait and make a more educated decision. What you neglect to note, is that one of us will be NKed tonight. They wont have a chance to get their thoughts down again, so i think it's kinda a moral thing as well that you should let everyone finish their piece. I'd like to sort my thoughts on VP Baltar out, before he NKs me.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

VP Baltar wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: Ooh, if only i had your aptitude with acronyms, you...Virgin Prick. :P
Heh, I had to laugh. I could have been referring to benmage! (who has actually jumped ahead of you in scumminess for his love of the camn wagon).
I figured you were referring to both of us.
VP Baltar wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Did i hear back on a link to a game of yours?
Christ you are lazy. VP Baltar. Enjoy!
cheers. And, i'm not Christ.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:20 am

Post by GIEFF »

Hey camn - would you prefer lynching Mastin or alex?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”