SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by SpyreX »

DDD wrote:If you've got a specific issue or a specific person that you want my input on, let me know and I'll put together an opinion in relatively short order. Otherwise, I'll continue to post when I feel the need to comment on something and not just to fill up the page.

The above applies to everyone requesting my input. Ask direct questions, get direct answers; otherwise I'll continue as I have been.
Hold up. What in the hell is this?

You come off a whopping 10 posts to say that you're not going to join in the reindeer games unless you get a magic carpet to do it with?

Well, I've sure got one for you:

Unvote, Vote Debonair Danny DiPietro

Maybe I was harping on the wrong lurker.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by Benmage »

GIEFF wrote:I'm tempted to unvote camn, as she just nailed a mafia with her vote for camn. But I won't, just in case camn is right about camn being mafia (I see no reason not to trust her).
I don’t see a reason to switch my vote from a scum. So you guys might as well hop on this wagon.
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
The above applies to
everyone
requesting my input. Ask direct questions, get direct answers; otherwise I'll continue as I have been.
Wow, that is so disappointing.
SpyreX wrote: I AM going to do a review of Mastin as a function of activity on the site in actual games and if he's actively avoiding this one I'll throw my vote that way.
Welcome to this week.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:21 pm

Post by Benmage »

SpyreX wrote:
Unvote, Vote Debonair Danny DiPietro

Maybe I was harping on the wrong lurker.
Yeah at least the other one admits he fails. Still don't get how you write off Mastin whose lurking hard too.

But this vote aint going anywhere. Camn is the lynchet today.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:26 pm

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

camn (3): GIEFF, Benmage, camn
Mastin (2): Zachrulez, Debonair Danny DiPietro
GIEFF (2): Kmd4390, jammer
Battle Mage (1): Mastin
SensFan (1): alexhans
VP Baltar (1): Battle Mage
alexhans (1): VP Baltar
Debonair Danny DiPietro (1): SpyreX

Not Voting: Cephrir, blackcatcontract, SensFan

8 to lynch
Success breeds suspicion
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:42 pm

Post by jammer »

GIEFF wrote:
jammer wrote:It has for a big part to do with pushing people hard with little things. And act like they are obv-scum becouse something unimportant. Like pressing Camn with the "I don't kill you KMD" slip. Little things that you didn't even put in your cases, who represent your big point.
OK. Don't you think Battle Mage did the same thing in Post 113, to an even greater extent? It looks to me like you are focusing on me mostly because YOU were the first target of my hard-pushing with "little things," even though this was way back on page 2. Pushing hard is my playstyle.
Nah, he dicected Alex post and refered back to most lines. He mentions and comments little things. But isn't pushing him on small points. More a startup for a fluffy-wall-war.
Relooking his case lost power becouse of this "fluff", you couldn't find the point in it. You pressure with cases without a solid point inside, and with pressure get attention. The basis for wanting to lynch Alex, the overreaction on Mastin. Is more solid then any of your cases.
I'm not voting you for a page2 case on me. Otherwise my vote would never left you. Anyway, can you link me to a game where you're town and one where you're scum?
VP Baltar wrote:Is English a second language to you, jammer? Also, I have no clue who the "you" is in that mess.
Yes, and the "you(r)" is pointing at gieff. Is it that hard to read. :oops:
VP Baltar wrote:People who need to stop commenting altogether for the remainder of the day unless it is to vote one of the above:
GIEFF and Camn and Kmd and possibly jammer
According to gieffs table, all of them mentioned before me got atleast double posting rates compared to me. :P And I've got less posts less then you have, slightly more characters. I will try posting as less (I think) is needed, anyway. When this game adds a extra page, my other game got an extra post. This game is out of balance.

@DDD, *rolling magic carpet*
Who is the top 3 on your scumlist?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:03 am

Post by Battle Mage »

alexhans wrote:
Battle Mage
BM wrote: it looks like:

Alex, Mastin, Hasdgfas, VP Baltar, Kairyuu

maybe: Debonair and Camn
So... you're saying (assuming I'm scum) that I killed a member of my brigade?
Yep. Either that, or it is how you said it was originally-that you didnt have enough clout within the scumteam to determine the kill. Sad, eh? ;)
Alex wrote: VP baltar is commiting treason then... because he is voting me... and Kai did too... because he deserted me...
Last i heard, VP Baltar was voting for me. *shrug*
Alex wrote: Oh... btw... I want Cephir out so I can get my reinforcement RedCoyote :P
Lol, i figured it'd be something like that.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:09 am

Post by Battle Mage »

camn wrote:@alex:
a) I am not ACTIVELY trying to policy lynch geiff. But it is not out-of-the-question.
I thought you said he was town?
In an all vanilla game, why is your life so much more valuable than his? Aside from the fact we love you. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

alexhans wrote:
SpyreX

597: What scum can be so retarded to claim cop by direction?
Maybe the same kind of scum who are retarded enough to, upon receipt of their role, start talking about it in the signup thread? lmao

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

id like to read a completed game of VP's. Meantime,
Unvote, Vote: Camn

Seems fairly logical.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:32 am

Post by SensFan »

(Caught up through page 23)

Alex, I didn't even bother reading 535. Either condense it to 200 words or less, or you won't get a response.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:38 am

Post by Zachrulez »

As I glance through the vote count now, I see that Mastin only has 2 votes which makes me want to cry. How long are we going to let him lurk without fully addressing his scummy behavior before we pull the trigger.

Will take a look at the Camn bandwagon and case as I get time today.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:44 am

Post by SensFan »

This camn wagon is the worst wagon I've ever seen.

If camn is lynched today, I will consider everyone off the wagon to be confirmed for the rest of the game, since there's no way that many Town will have voted her.

---

Alex or Mastin needs to be lynched today.

The former for having his vote on me that he's not willing to explain in 200 words or less.
The latter for having read up to page fucking 4, despite posting everywhere else.

Seriously, I think most of the Scum are working hard to divert the Mastin wagon right now. I'm looking at the people that were fighting over him earlier as well: GIEFF, Alex, someone else.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:57 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I just copied and pasted page 22 (where Gieff's case on camn is) into word, and it took up something like 24 pages.

Just a point I felt like making right now to show the relative difficulty in reading and staying caught up in this entire game.

How long do you think it takes to read a word document that is 20 pages long?

That's probably not even one of the bigger pages either...
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

SensFan wrote:This camn wagon is the worst wagon I've ever seen.

If camn is lynched today, I will consider everyone off the wagon to be confirmed for the rest of the game, since there's no way that many Town will have voted her.

---

Alex or Mastin needs to be lynched today.

The former for having his vote on me that he's not willing to explain in 200 words or less.
The latter for having read up to page fucking 4, despite posting everywhere else.

Seriously, I think most of the Scum are working hard to divert the Mastin wagon right now. I'm looking at the people that were fighting over him earlier as well: GIEFF, Alex, someone else.
gieff is town. if you can get support for an alex lynch, im with ya :D

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:03 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Why is Gieff town?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:06 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

I really have no idea what SpyreX was going on about at the top of the page, it didn't look like English to me.
jammer wrote:@DDD, *rolling magic carpet*
Who is the top 3 on your scumlist?
Mastin is still number one and I don't understand why attention on him has continued to drop. It only validates his lurking behavior.

I've completely lost any sort of read on Cephrir because it's been so long since he made a post with any sort of content in it.

I guess Alex is number two right now, I simply don't understand his shameless defense of Mastin from a town perspective. Furthermore, he continued and continues to wall-post even after people have requested that he knock it off.

After that I find it hard to seperate people, but I've got Benmage, GIEFF, and SpyreX in a tier below those people but above everyone else. At this juncture I still see camn as town and GIEFF and Benmage seem the two pushing on her the hardest. SpyreX seems to be playing a different game from the rest of us; while the rest of us are trying to hunt scum, he seems content to hunt "lurkers".
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:20 am

Post by Zachrulez »

My top 3 right now would be:

Mastin
Alexhans
Gieff

Don't like Alex's constant defenses of Mastin. Also not liking how he's saying I'm doing things I'm not doing and then saying I'm freaking out about it. (As if it's scummy to be concerned about untruths being seen as fact in a game this large where it's awfully tempting not to fully verify those kinds of statements.)

Don't like Gieff diverting attention from Mastin.

It seems like so long ago, but while I'm going through his camn case, one of his reference posts references back to a case he made on Mastin (when he vote was actually on Mastin.) back in post 107. Mastin has still only read up to page 4, and thus has almost certainly NOT addressed this case. yet Gieff is content to give him a pass simply because he's not posting right now.

Lurking is a great way to let offenses just slip away and gradually get blurrier, as you try to shine the spotlight on more recent actions.
GIEFF wrote:
If nobody agrees with my BM or camn cases (which seems likely, based on how many people have called it crap, or not even noticed it), I'll switch my vote back to Mastin. As I said before, I may be falling victim to just finding scummy things from people who have posted a lot, allowing those who aren't posting as often to slip through the cracks.
I think that statement summarizes what I'm trying to say best.

What bothers you more Gieff, players who engage you and respond to your cases, or players that don't?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Zachrulez wrote:Why is Gieff town?
You really think he'd be that aggressive and confident and outspoken as scum? I'm not seeing it. He might not be the brightest spark here (lets face it, neither am i lol) but he smells pretty town to me. He has the strength in his convictions, and generally, confidence like that is a towntell.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:31 am

Post by camn »

Thats what i think too, bm.
Too bad he is wasting it on a crapcase on a townie.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:42 am

Post by GIEFF »

Zachrulez wrote:What bothers you more Gieff, players who engage you and respond to your cases, or players that don't?
Players that don't, by far. I would rather people say my case is crap and garbage than completely ignore it, both for my own sanity and for the best possible game. If everybody had read and responded to my camn-case on page 22, I wouldn't have had to spend so long waiting to see if it was going to gain any traction. Although the 24-page pages does make it harder for people to catch up, and that is partly my fault. I'm trying.

------

I love you guys - thanks for the camn-wagon.

Sens saying "Anybody who doesn't vote for camn is confirmed town to me" isn't much different than alex's nutsocaps-defense of Mastin. It's worse, in fact - not only is it a strong defense, but it's a strong defense with a carrot attached. Just like camn's carrot she dangled earlier about how I would no longer be a good policy-lynch if I can convince her that I'm not an idiot (which would probably involve unvoting her). Does anybody else want to offer me anything if I unvote camn? Maybe a toaster?

I think Sens would agree that the best strategy is to hurry up and lynch her - how else are we going to confirm 6 townies all at once?

And Zach, it is not my intention to take attention off of the Mastin case. I don't feel he is the scummiest player. Mastin is taking the attention off himself by not participating. camn has done what Mastin has done (besides lurking), as well as a whole lot more.

-----
@jammer:

Town games: Mini 738 (Sens was in this game), and Open 118 (Kmd was in this game).

Scum game: Open 108 (buddies with camn).
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:45 am

Post by GIEFF »

I forgot to mention:

Anybody on the camn-wagon will be viewed as cleared town by me the rest of the game, AND I will throw in two free compliments and an online coupon to Sizzler. That's not the sort of deal you want to pass up.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:46 am

Post by camn »

GIEFF wrote:I forgot to mention:

Anybody on the camn-wagon will be viewed as cleared town by me the rest of the game,
Even when I flip town?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:50 am

Post by camn »

GIEFF wrote:......(which would probably involve unvoting her). Does anybody else want to offer me anything if I unvote camn? .
Here is the essence of the failure of your entire case.
I never said that.
In fact, I said the OPPOSITE.

Yet you just say that that is what I think. With no evidence or
anything

Is this what you call "scumhunting"?
because it doesn't work.
You are simply pushing a mislynch, distracting people from actual hunting, and doing it in a clever way that will actually give you some sort of "defense" after my flip (if I am lynched, obv).
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:50 am

Post by GIEFF »

That depends; will Sens view everybody off the wagon as town even when you flip scum?

And if Sens REALLY believes that a camn-town-lynch means ALL scum are on the wagon, there is no way he would say it out loud. If it were true (and camn were town), saying it out loud completely ruins it, and ensure at least one scum will keep off the wagon. I would think that sacrificing one townie to confirm 6 townies would be a great deal. Why did you ruin this, Sens, if you really believe it?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:54 am

Post by camn »

GIEFF wrote:That depends; will Sens view everybody off the wagon as town even when you flip scum?
I won't flip scum. He happens to be right, and you happen to be wrong.
GIEFF wrote: If it were true (and camn were town), saying it out loud completely ruins it, and ensure at least one scum will keep off the wagon. ...
Why did you ruin this, Sens, if you really believe it?
By reading his post, I conclude that he thinks that the lynch CAN'T HAPPEN without all the scum.
Nice false dichotomy.

However.. I agree with the other part of your reasoning.
It IS a good trade..me for 6 confirmed townies.
That it why I support my lynch.

Plus the fact that the overall level of play in this game is so poor I am suicidal.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”