Newbie 800 ~ Mafia: The Reality Show (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
EriktheRed
EriktheRed
Goon
EriktheRed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:47 am

Post by EriktheRed »

Let me first say that I absolutely love your flavor here, Vi. It reminds me of Smash TV.

I'll read later tonight. It shouldn't take more than a day or two, but I can't promise anything because the next three days are going to be slightly more frantic than usual due to some remodeling. Afterward, however, I'll be fine.

In the meantime, though, I'll keep up with new posts. Anyone want to give me any hard facts like claims (though I kinda hope no one's claimed this early), and what the current cases are and against whom they are?
-- Erik
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:14 am

Post by Haylen »

Hi, Erik! I'm going to get those posts for onion now.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:49 am

Post by Haylen »

This is going to take longer than I thought. Reading Lynch's posts in isolation again shows a whole mess of inconsistancies that I need to list and link the proof of. Seriously, it's going to be difficult to untangle.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:

onion (1) ~ Raskol

Lynch (1) ~ Haylen

Nikanor (1) ~ Lynch

Not Voting:
Echo, onion, ric, Nikanor
[size=0]Raskol 0 PROD1 5 | Lynch 0 PROD1 3 | Echo 2 | Haylen 0 | onion 2 PROD1 4 | Nikanor 0 | Erik 0[/size]
--With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
--Deadline is Thursday, July 30 2009.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:23 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Good to see you again, Erik! Looking forward to your insight.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Echo
Echo
Goon
Echo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:39 pm

Post by Echo »

Hi Erik! I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the game too.
onion
onion
Goon
onion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 am

Post by onion »

oh noes Ric got replaced. i liked that guy.

Lynch, i'm pretty sure i disclaimed that 'this suspicion is not large' (388) and it seems you are the one getting all uppity about it. i'm prepared to file it away for now, however, as there is a more scummy target right now.

Raskol, well i got a problem with your who-to-lynch rules. discussing and arguing about it are proactive but if you actually try to lynch an anti-town over a scum things might get dicey. while killing anti-towns might improve the gaming experience and make you feel good, in the end we still loose because we're lynching townies. there should be no situation in which we don't lynch the most scummy person or nolynch. (there are a few rare circumstances when we should nolynch, right?)

Haylen isn't very scummy. my current complaint is that she hasn't been citing her suspicions and so i can't varify them. her advice to the town isn't wrong but it might be pointed. i guess it might be that you caution away from a lynch on someone who lurks and lies. that doesn't directly describe anyone right now, but i'll keep this in mind. Haylen's been generally active and pro-town and assuming her references start trickling in some time, there will be little problem.

so Raskol and Haylen say things that annoy me or that need more info but me not liking them is hardly reason for me to suspect them.

Nikanor now. i'd still like either you to explain your former case on ric or to say it was bunk and i'll stop trying to understand it. don't go all Raskol i-don't-repeat-myself on me now.

i just watched America's Got Talent for the first time and it was bad. is that apostrophe in the name even accurate? i didn't know America Has shortens to America's.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by Haylen »

Sorry, guys. I've managed to briefly hijack a computer from a guy in an internet cafe. I'm currently out of town and away from my laptop which contains all my notes. My cousin had a baby yesterday and I've been visiting her. I will get back to you tomorrow.

Sorry to be a pain in your asses.

Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:48 pm

Post by Raskol »

It's only when chances of scumminess are close and differences in anti-town are high that it will happen.

So the choice isn't between lynching scum and lynching antitown townie. It's about trading off small amounts of scum% for large amounts of counterproductive when choosing lynches, taking into account the results of all alignment flips and choosing the lynch that has the best expected results. OFC, like I said before, it doesn't really matter anymore.

BTW, this is going to be somewhat confusing for me now, as my first name is Erik :evil:
Eliminate
Eliminate
Townie
Eliminate
Townie
Townie

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:06 am

Post by Eliminate »

Welcome Erik. Would like to hear from you, but also from Nikanor and Echo, who I feel haven't posted much game-related information in recent time.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:08 am

Post by Haylen »

Writing my post now. Likely to be finished in 3 hrs.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:

onion (1) ~ Raskol

Lynch (1) ~ Haylen

Nikanor (1) ~ Lynch

Not Voting:
Echo, onion, ric, Nikanor
[size=0]Raskol 0 PROD1 6 | Lynch 0 PROD1 5 | Echo 0 | Haylen 0 | onion 0 PROD1 6 | Nikanor 0 | Erik 2[/size]
(9 days left)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:28 am

Post by Raskol »

This game is dead.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:35 am

Post by Haylen »

Sorry, I currently owe 3 analysis posts and I'm very obsessed with getting them perfect. Writing 'The Inconsistancies of Lynch' post now.

onion
onion
Goon
onion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:40 am

Post by onion »

not to though this whole 'thead is dead' thing for a loop but i'm moving over the next week. it is likely i'll be able to check the thread at least once every 3 days, and probably more often. at this pace doesn't look like i'll need to do much catching up at least.

Vote: Nikanor

just in case it matters while i'm (more) inactive.
EriktheRed
EriktheRed
Goon
EriktheRed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by EriktheRed »

*nervous laughter* I accidentally didn't put this game in my watched topics list, so I completely forgot about it. Sorry about that.

I'm about a quarter through the thread at the moment.
-- Erik
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:

Nikanor (2) ~ Lynch, onion

onion (1) ~ Raskol
Lynch (1) ~ Haylen

Not Voting:
Echo,
onion,
ric, Nikanor
[size=0]Raskol 0 PROD1 8 | Lynch 2 PROD1 7 | Echo 2 | Haylen 0 | onion 0 PROD1 8 | Nikanor 2 | Erik 0[/size]
-Nobody is eligible to be prodded. But I'll prod everyone anyway! ^.^

(7 days left)

---I deeply apologize for not being able to update daily recently.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Ack! I got prodded!
I'm going to contribute tonight, I promise. :D
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Lynch wrote:Primary fos at the moment goes to Nikanor, for inconsistency and what I think to be inputting on irrelevant issues, and avoiding the main game.
What inconsistency? Provide post numbers please.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Sorry, I'm going to be V/LA for the weekend.
I'll be back on Sunday to see if I can't get something intelligent posted.
Echo
Echo
Goon
Echo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:07 am

Post by Echo »

I'll start with the meat and work my way to the outside. I can't be bothered with all the formatting stuff anymore, so from now on it'll just be plain posts.

Nikanor:

Nikanor's interesting. He hopped onto me claiming he misread (366, 371). Well... hard to make a call on that. He could potentially have misread, but then again, would anyone really think the mafia would make such an obvious slip? (wifom, I know, but only borderline considering it's a bit *too* obvious)

Nikanor ignored onion three times (374, 388, 406) when onion asked for reasons as to why he voted ric (I'll look at the onion-ric relationship later). It's pretty hard to miss something that many times, so I'm inclined to believe Nikanor is either intentionally skimming over onion's posts (because on page 16 he reads every single Haylen post) or avoiding answering the question.

Finally, promising to make a post citing the prod as the reason, then ducking out less than 3 hours later (417, 419). It's not the first time he's done that either, he used hot weather as an excuse in (395). The problem isn't with the lurking itself, but promising posts sounds scummy since it feels like you're trying to maintain presence in the game without doing anything.

Haylen:

(369) haylen wrote:Lynch all liars policy. This is a policy that I really don't like but can see the use of. I get accused of lying quite a bit, but it's generally not true in my case because I tend to be a different kind of thinker to others.I don't do things the way most people do it and they see it scummy.
I don't see how the two things in here are related. How does not doing things the way most people do them lead to being accused of lying? Being accused of scumminess, I can understand, but lying? Quite honestly this looks like you're trying to set up a soft landing in case you ever get accused of lying, for a reason that doesn't actually tie in logically.

Also, your conversation with Nikanor on page 16 is a bit :/ ... I'm not sure what I make of it. You're also making excuses for not posting (396, 401, 402, 407, 410, 413) - basically in every single post. I eagerly await your big, detailed, referenced post on Lynch.

Onion + Ric (Erik):
(406) onion wrote:oh noes Ric got replaced. i liked that guy.
(349) onion wrote:dammit i keep having high opinions of ric! i don't want to give more credit to what he says simply because we share a major, but i agree with what he says and don't suspect him much at all
+ ric's general wishy washy attitude towards onion (don't mix up with wishy washy voting please)

Onion "liked" having ric around. Now, is that because ric is nicely deflecting all attacks against onion for him? Onion admits to be reluctant in having suspicion against ric, while ric's "attack+defend at the same time" attitude due to some "grey area" read is actually pretty suspicious. Suppose you're playing a game as town, and someone attacks you every now and again BUT defends you every other time, would you be suspicious of that person? Yet onion isn't.

Onion also says that he doesn't suspect ric because they share a major and because he agrees with what ric says, both of which aren't really valid reasons. Personally, I'm not too sure about ric - it could just be his play style. I'll have to see how Erik behaves, and how onion reacts to him. (btw "
ric
" "e
rik
" :P)
(406) onion wrote:i didn't know America Has shortens to America's.
Of course "has" can be shortened to "'s" - eg. he has got a bike, he's got a bike ;)

Conclusions:

I will refrain from voting until I get some replies.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:

onion (1) ~ Raskol
Lynch (1) ~ Haylen

Not Voting:
Echo, ric, Nikanor
[size=0]Raskol 1 PROD1 8 | Lynch 3 PROD1 7 | Echo 0 | Haylen 1 | onion 1 PROD1 9 | Nikanor 0 | Erik 1[/size]
-Nikanor's V/LA is noted.

(6 days left)

---I will retract deadline by one day --tomorrow-- if participation doesn't go up. Some of you probably won't want that.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by Haylen »

Hi. Half dead to the world right now. I've just written 4 analysis posts for different games and replied to the responses. I will definately get that post to you tomorrow, even though I usually have weekends off of mafia. I think 9 hrs writing of analysis is quite enough. I have actually written the post on Lynches Inconsistancies, I just want to do the final brush ups, like make sure all quote marks and links are correct ect. Good news! I learnt how to type up in Open Office, instead of losing it on here.

Start Posting, now if you'll excuse me, I need some shut eye.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:

onion (1) ~ Raskol
Lynch (1) ~ Haylen

Not Voting:
Echo, ErikTheRed, Nikanor
[size=0]Raskol 2 PROD1 9 | Lynch 4 PROD1 8 | Echo 1 | Haylen 0 | onion 2 PROD1 10 | Nikanor 1 | Erik 2[/size]
(5 days left)

--Deadline is
Wednesday, July 29 2009.
(4 days left)

---I will retract deadline (again) by one day --tomorrow-- if participation doesn't go up or some good reason for the lack of participation doesn't surface.
Some of you probably won't want that.
onion
onion
Goon
onion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:09 pm

Post by onion »

oh snap the deadline is dying! post post!

i'm still looking for a good case against Ric. i tried to build one myself but i feel sort of conflicted about it so i'd prefer one from a 3rd party. the only person that was working on him was Nikanor i think but he doesn't want to help me it doesn't look.

it might be because i'm voting for him. his page 15 vote hopping is my primary concern, and it is looking like he didn't have good reason for voting for Ric now too. by these powers combined, he is my best target at this moment.

Nikanor and Haylen did the whole bonding thing on page 16, and now she's building a case against Lynch who is voting for Nikanor. this is far to removed to be good evidence against Haylen but hey it's something. Haylen's crazy antics pretty much fit her playstyle, and she's been useful enough so far. i don't really suspect her.

Lynch played the voice of reason against Raskol during the page 14 fiasco. i'm not against a case against him because he might be scum, but i don't currently have strong suspicions of him either. maybe Haylen can change my mind.

page 14 antics notwithstanding, Raskol hasn't acted scummy yet. he seems sort of angry but that isn't a scum tell. he also has strange ideas of who should be lynched but simply expressing them is just fine. he hasn't done anything very scummy yet but i leave the possibility that he will open.

Echo hmm. oh hey Echo actually posted so i can respond to that. yay.

i don't say i'm not suspicious of ric, rather i feel that i'm not the best person to build a case against him. i really like the way he posts and thus i'm not impartial. i'd really like to see a case built against him so i can judge if my like of him is because he's a philosopher or if he's towny. a different tactic now presents its self because he got replaced and i can judge the new guy. (too bad he hasn't posted anything yet.)

Echo here might be misframing my position with Ric, or he might have misunderstood. do the rest of you find his summery of my position on Ric in 420 to be misleading or did i fail to express it properly in my previous posts? anyway, in an attempt to clear this up: i'm partial to Ric and so should not be the one to initially judge him.

Nikanor - vote hopped, thus scummy.
Haylen - generally good natured and townish.
Lynch - Haylen thinks he's suspicions. maybe he is.
Raskol - i have my eye on you.
Erik - withholding judgment.
Echo - suspicion is growing.

PS: my page numbers are all based on the generic 25 posts per page output. if you are one of those crazy people who changed that setting then these post numbers won't be right, but you should tell me and i'll try to accommodate you.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”