TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:43 am

Post by TDC »

That, and that with 14 alive, reducing to 13 doesn't change the votes required for lynch anyway.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:45 am

Post by TDC »

Ignore the second one, lol.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:00 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah. What TDC said, Ren Hoek. The scum killed someone who was voting for you. If they had killed someone who was not voting for you, you would be dead right now.

Anyway, if the scum only get one kill a day, then the roles should be safe now, and tommorow there will be someone different in the roels anyway. So if the tracker saw anything, they should feel free to claim now; there's no risk to it now that the scum have already used their kill for the day.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:18 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

TDC wrote:As far as I can see, Seraphim was the first vote on your wagon, which is why him getting killed didn't lynch you.

Oops. Yeah.
[i]Hey Guido, it's all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant, you get it? And he knows it. That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it, ya, before he lets loose the marmosets on us.[/i]
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Adel »

Yosarian2 wrote:Yeah. What TDC said, Ren Hoek. The scum killed someone who was voting for you. If they had killed someone who was not voting for you, you would be dead right now.

Anyway, if the scum only get one kill a day, then the roles should be safe now, and tommorow there will be someone different in the roels anyway. So if the tracker saw anything, they should feel free to claim now; there's no risk to it now that the scum have already used their kill for the day.
tracker doesn't get results until end of day. Tracker should not claim until after he gets results.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:48 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Adel wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Yeah. What TDC said, Ren Hoek. The scum killed someone who was voting for you. If they had killed someone who was not voting for you, you would be dead right now.

tracker doesn't get results until end of day. Tracker should not claim until after he gets results.
Ah, good call.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:31 pm

Post by FaerieLord »

adel wrote:why do you think that vollkan wasn't the kill choice for the scum?
I am honestly not sure why they chose seraphim considering he is the weakest link (in my opinion) from that list.

(Also, still V/LA. Have unexpected internet access for the next few hours)
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:59 pm

Post by Adel »

FaerieLord wrote:
I am honestly not sure why they chose seraphim considering he is the weakest link (in my opinion) from that list.

why do you think he is weaker than Ren Hoek?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:05 pm

Post by Adel »

FaerieLord wrote:

this doesn't jive with
FaerieLord wrote:Ok, I got how Adel's plan works, and I think it's the best plan presented yet, partially because it's the only one I have fully understood
The most valuable role would probably end up getting switched with one of the weakest players... and I think you understood that.

unvote, vote:FaerieLord
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:04 am

Post by vollkan »

Adel wrote:
FaerieLord wrote:

this doesn't jive with
FaerieLord wrote:Ok, I got how Adel's plan works, and I think it's the best plan presented yet, partially because it's the only one I have fully understood
The most valuable role would probably end up getting switched with one of the weakest players... and I think you understood that.

unvote, vote:FaerieLord
I get why FL's theory is wrong, but I'm not sure I get the thrust of your accusation - unless you are saying that FL's earlier statement about understanding your plan is effectively contradicted by her statement that the scum chose Seraphim.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:07 am

Post by Adel »

vollkan wrote: unless you are saying that FL's earlier statement about understanding your plan is effectively contradicted by her statement that the scum chose Seraphim.
beg pardon?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:14 am

Post by vollkan »

Adel wrote:
vollkan wrote: unless you are saying that FL's earlier statement about understanding your plan is effectively contradicted by her statement that the scum chose Seraphim.
beg pardon?
Well, if FL said she understood your plan, that entails that she understands that part of the rationale for the plan is that it allows for a situation where scum targeting a high profile target can have that target busdriven with a less high profile target. As such, it wouldn't make sense for her to appear so surprised by the death of Seraphim or, more accurately, for her to say that scum "chose" Seraphim (since, given the earlier statement, she should recognise the prospect of busdriving)
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:19 am

Post by Adel »

vollkan wrote:
Adel wrote:
beg pardon?
Well, if FL said she understood your plan, that entails that she understands that part of the rationale for the plan is that it allows for a situation where scum targeting a high profile target can have that target busdriven with a less high profile target. As such, it wouldn't make sense for her to appear so surprised by the death of Seraphim or, more accurately, for her to say that scum "chose" Seraphim (since, given the earlier statement, she should recognise the prospect of busdriving)
and why would a player that understood my plan claim to be surprised by a weaker player getting killed?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:26 am

Post by vollkan »

Adel wrote:
vollkan wrote:
Adel wrote:
beg pardon?
and why would a player that understood my plan claim to be surprised by a weaker player getting killed?
Most likely, either to feign surprise generally (sort of like an "Oh damn, X was NKed!") or, more specifically and strategically, to smear more high profile targets who were not killed.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:34 am

Post by Adel »

vollkan wrote:
Adel wrote:
vollkan wrote:
Adel wrote:
beg pardon?
Most likely, either to feign surprise generally (sort of like an "Oh damn, X was NKed!") or, more specifically and strategically, to smear more high profile targets who were not killed.
do you think that it is probable that either of those would be motivated by a town aligned alignment?
Do you think it is more probable that he didn't understand my plan, but innocently thought that he did?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:36 am

Post by Adel »

vollkan wrote: or, more specifically and strategically, to smear more high profile targets who were not killed.
like who?
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:38 am

Post by Budja »

Adel wrote: and why would a player that understood my plan claim to be surprised by a weaker player getting killed?
A player who had not yet linked the two together upon seeing the kill. It took me a little while to join the dots and I did understand your plan so I'm seeing this as null.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:41 am

Post by vollkan »

Adel wrote:
vollkan wrote:
Adel wrote:
vollkan wrote:
Adel wrote:
beg pardon?
do you think that it is probable that either of those would be motivated by a town aligned alignment?
To state the obvious, no.
Adel wrote: Do you think it is more probable that he didn't understand my plan, but innocently thought that he did?
Frankly, no but what's keeping me from switching my vote is whether FL can justify it. In my head, though, I can't think of a way that a person could understand your plan and not get the point of the busdriving. I mean, the whole point of the busdriver is to serve as a means of frustrating scumkills. It strikes me as extremely unlikely that a player could not realise that but support the plan nonetheless (surely, if a player didn't understand the inclusion of a busdriver, they would ask for explanation).
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:43 am

Post by vollkan »

Budja wrote:
Adel wrote: and why would a player that understood my plan claim to be surprised by a weaker player getting killed?
A player who had not yet linked the two together upon seeing the kill. It took me a little while to join the dots and I did understand your plan so I'm seeing this as null.
Good point
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:55 am

Post by Adel »

FaerieLord wrote:

he refers to "that list" which I assume references
Adel wrote:I think the optimal scum kill choice was a member of the accounts team
  • vollkan - Head of Account Services
    crywolf20084 - Account Executive
    Ren Hoek - Account Executive
    Nuwen - Account Executive
    curiouskarmadog - Account Executive
    Seraphim - Account Executive
I think that they tried to pick who the most likely target for the bussdriver switch would be. Thankfully, the odds were against them. The tracker is alive. You are welcome.
which you will note came before FL posted:
FaerieLord wrote:

which is a wold apart from
Budja wrote: A player who had not yet linked the two together upon seeing the kill.
.. I'd already connected the majority of the dots for FL, and yet he still posted
I don't buy it.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:15 am

Post by vollkan »

Adel wrote:
FaerieLord wrote:

he refers to "that list" which I assume references
Adel wrote:I think the optimal scum kill choice was a member of the accounts team
  • vollkan - Head of Account Services
    crywolf20084 - Account Executive
    Ren Hoek - Account Executive
    Nuwen - Account Executive
    curiouskarmadog - Account Executive
    Seraphim - Account Executive
I think that they tried to pick who the most likely target for the bussdriver switch would be. Thankfully, the odds were against them. The tracker is alive. You are welcome.
which you will note came before FL posted:
FaerieLord wrote:

which is a wold apart from
Budja wrote: A player who had not yet linked the two together upon seeing the kill.
.. I'd already connected the majority of the dots for FL, and yet he still posted
I don't buy it.
Better point.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:16 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

I'm going to be V/LA for Friday, Saturday, and possibly Sunday. I should be back by Sunday, but it's no guarantee.

I have a strong reason to believe Ren Hoek is town. Everyone voting for him needs to explain what they think about the self-vote.

Also, Adel is right about FL. That reaction really doesn't make sense from a town mindset.

Vote FL
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:34 am

Post by FaerieLord »

Adel wrote:why do you think he is weaker than Ren Hoek?
Because from what I've seen Ren is capable of doing some scum hunting. Sera was pretty passive throughout.
Adel wrote:The most valuable role would probably end up getting switched with one of the weakest players... and I think you understood that.
It took me three times to get what you're saying and now I realize what you're getting it. You're saying it was either driven from a good player to a worse player or scum targetted a worse player as to avoid being driven but retain choice.
Budja wrote:A player who had not yet linked the two together upon seeing the kill. It took me a little while to join the dots and I did understand your plan so I'm seeing this as null.
This. I understood how it worked but didn't get it until you pointed it out just now

(Ok, I'm really V/LA now. Should be leaving in thirty minutes)
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:05 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Goatrevolt wrote:I have a strong reason to believe Ren Hoek is town. Everyone voting for him needs to explain what they think about the self-vote.
There is no reason why anyone voting for Ren should change their mind because of the self vote. It is a null tell; it does not prove he is town, nore does it prove that he is scum.

I'm not really buying the whole thing against fl right now.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:06 am

Post by Budja »

scotmany12 wrote:
Goatrevolt wrote:I have a strong reason to believe Ren Hoek is town. Everyone voting for him needs to explain what they think about the self-vote.
There is no reason why anyone voting for Ren should change their mind because of the self vote. It is a null tell; it does not prove he is town, nore does it prove that he is scum.

I'm not really buying the whole thing against fl right now.
QFT

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”