Newbie 800 ~ Mafia: The Reality Show (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Eliminate
Eliminate
Townie
Eliminate
Townie
Townie

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:32 am

Post by Eliminate »

Echo wrote:But first, I want to hear from
Anticollie
and
Lynch
, who have both been pretty quiet, before putting sideney on L-1.
I replaced yesterday, and it's taken me many hours to wade through this thread, not that I'm unhappy with it. I approve of the posting activity thus far, but it also results in slight confusion of facts here and there, especially with the replacements, so stick with me if I get some minor things incorrect.

Some first impressions as I recall them:

Anticollie:
I've been uncomfortable with Anticollie for a while in my read, since he doesn't offer as much of his thoughts and impressions as many others. While there are benefits to his objectively analytical playstyle, especially given his IC status, I feel that this represses some information from town, and disguises who his targets and suspicions are placed on. It's been a while since he made a meaningful post outlining who he thinks to be scummy, as he usually focuses more on the gameplay aspects instead of the actual game itself. As such, I don't have much of a read on Anticollie from this ambiguous style, but he comes off as more scummy based on existing posts.

Auditor/Raskol:
Auditor's posting style was unusual I agree, but not to the extents of being scummy and as a reason for his scumminess. Yes, it masked some information from properly being conveyed, but I mostly enjoyed his discussion throughout the latter parts of his posting, save for his vote on onion to put him on L-1, because it's
"better to lynch then no lynch"
with time still remaining.

Raskol comes off firing, with votes and foses on onion, sid and now Haylen. His case on Sideney is understandable and his case is well presented. Same too with Haylen, although he's stretching it with some of his points (most prominently his ragging of her lurking). I feel that this broadened focus on many players instead of just one is pretty pro-town. This is less likely for scum to achieve and benefit from rather than continually FoSing one player only. But your belief that lurking = scum is misguided, even if her reactions don't seem as genuine as they should. I'm also a little bit iffy on what you mean by scummy and anti-town and which of these qualities should be eradicated or analysed: they both fall under a shared category, in my opinion. Otherwise, I admire your rational persistence in your attacks. Overall, I get a strong town vibe from both auditor and Raskol.

Echo:
Let's see... I get inconsistent versions of Echo through his posting. It seems as if he tried to establish himself as a player new to mafia concepts in his opening posts ("what's a FOS?"), possibly to permit the playing of the newbie card later on. Yet in recent days, he seems to come off as an intelligent player with knowledge of various phrases and terminology. I interpret his
"are you suggesting something, Cyren? Sounds to me like you're hinting at a role :/ "
as rolefishing, and I don't think a townie would feel the need to point this out to the rest of town/mafia.

Post 112, his list of suspects, seems off to me. It just feels like he's trying to read too much into auditor's posting and trying too hard to find substance which he can use against him, especially the cryptic messages encoded within. Same too with onion. It might just be me, but the whole presentation of point, question, argument, question seems deceptive to me, as if trying to setup a scumhunting facade for the town. Though I do like how he addresses posts numerically and specifically, it makes keeping track that much easier. And for your recent questions, I think the playstyles of both the replacee and replacement should be analysed to account for any possible differences in feel, and from that determine whether the WHOLE character's alignment is one way or another. One being scummy and one being town doesn't strictly negate each other, as other variations and variables must be accounted for.

I'm wary of you and not completely satisfied so far. Yet you've done enough for me not to perceive you as outright suspicious.

Haylen:
I was surprised by what I thought was a noticeable shift in your demeanour and personality as the thread progressed. You come off as jovial and friendly until you attract suspicion from Raskol, whereupon you seem snappy and irritated. I'm not sure if this change in mood is significantly relevant to the game or if it's simply deviating from real life matters, so I won't go into there, I just wanted to point it out.

Post 234 feels off centre for me. And it's not because of any time delays or OMGUS votes or anything, but her whole line of attack. Like Echo, except perhaps more severely, I get the impression that she's trying to find anything that can be used against the players she attacks, such as the poetic analysation of any line by auditor's that can be labelled as scummy. The 'he's hiding away as scum', 'he admits to lying' and 'he's appealing to emotion' are really stretching it: I don't see any of them as valid reasons for a case on auditor/Raskol's suspiciousness. And accusing auditor of subtly rolefishing is ludicrous, especially when Echo had explicitly made a notion of rolefishing. Also, her placement of Anticollie and Echo near the top of her town list clashes with mine own, so I guess I'm in disagreement with most of her points. This includes her accusation of Raskol tunneling on her (ESPECIALLY when she tries to deflect suspicion by mentioning it as a scumtell) as well as her 'tips' on successfully scumhunting and offering it to Raskol to get him off her. I think you've been scummy these last few posts.

onion:
Well. His vote to put my character at L-1 early on the game. I can't say I approve of it, but it isn't AS scummy as what many have portayed it to be. Sure, it's not particularly great for town to have an intent to push or encourage a quicklynch, but I actually do accept this reason that might or might not have been voiced: to stymie some discussion. And it certainly did that, and from what I can see, certainly doesn't hurt as as town, as we are able to see players loosen up and voice their suspicions on this and other matters. His explanation that "town wouldn't hammer" normally is valid theoretically except that it's also much less likely for scum to be hammering as it would certainly draw attention. The novelty he derives from it is questionable too, but, WIFOM or not, this sounds more like bored townie than deceptive scum to me. I really am OK with his L-1 vote, and I don't see why it's been a weighing factor as a reason for his D1 lynch. His subsequent posts check out, more or less, from me: he's been pretty clear in his thought processes and accusations. The only thing I'm wary of is his cool indifference to being a high target for the D1 lynch. I'm still undecided on whether this is more scum-like behaviour in order to deflect attention or town-like behaviour to calmly provide information and posts while he is still alive. I get a neutral read from onion.

Raeil/Nikanor:
No comment on Raeil. Not much to analyse there, although I remember getting a slight feel that he was acting too townie for my liking. For Nikanor, I can't say i'm too impressed with his decision to not read the posts on page 5. The more information gleaned, the better your understanding and reads. But mostly it's a neutral read from you so far. But I do agree with your views that a lurker should be lynched for Day 1 to allow town the capacity to circulate more information in later days.

ric:
To my knowledge, you've been consistent in addressing many issues all around the town, and not just dwelling on specific parts. I feel you've been making a genuine effort to help the town in all aspects. Nothing about you has really alerted me so far, so I have you as pro-town right now.

sideney:
Sid's been throwing me off athroughout this thread. He seems blatantly, laughably scummy with the content and topics of his posts, namely pushing for a quicklynch, so I'm really not sure how to interpret it as. Voting players because they are "near to a lynch" is not thoughtful. Neither is "I don't mind getting lynched" especially when you know if you're a townie or not. These kinds of lines have me feeling Sid as mistaken in his actions, and not necessarily scummy. I think he really does believe a speedlynch of ANYONE will be beneficial for the town in later days, to my disagreement. Like I said, I'm not sure how to read him as anything but slightly scummy. All he has said are things regarding lynching people quickly: onion then Haylen.

To bluntly sum it up, first impressions of the first 10 pages have my scum list as:

Scummiest

Haylen
Anticollie
Echo
sideney
onion
Nikanor
ric
Raskol
Town

Unvote
for now.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:34 am

Post by Raskol »

Nikanor wrote:
Raskol wrote:Just to give some perspective: Haylen has posted 26 times on mafiascum since her last post in this thread.

Lurking. Scum. Lynch her. Today.
You want to miss out on Haylen's wonderful long-awaited post by lynching her before she can post it?
And what's up with the argument via repetition?
1. I said today, not now. Way to misrepresent.

2. Argument
with
repetition does not make an argument
from
repetition.
Raskol wrote:Except she DOES have that much time to devote to mafia. Only for some reason, oddly enough, she's not spending any of it in this game.
Gasp. A person wants to spend more time posting in a thread in which the deadline is that day! OMG SCUMTELL 2 DA MAAAXXXXXX.
Tell me, did you even read the threads in which Haylen posted? More than three quarters of the posts you linked to were of a game in which she was at L-1 on the day of the deadline. You blame her for posting in that situation over this one?
I blamed her for not telling us why she really couldn't post. She gave us some crap about university finances, internet connections, etc...while all the time she was posting away in other threads. That is an inconsistency and a scumtell.
In post 244, Raskol wrote:And if you've completely ignored this game, you're in no position to be making long analysis posts
Trying to discourage long analysis posts? I've been completely ignoring this game for a while. Do you think this post should be completely disregarded because I've been ignoring the thread?
I'm trying to discourage analysis that is not based on the actual thread, yes. Or in other words, I'm trying to get people to read the fucking thread before they form an opinion. And if you've been completely ignoring the game as well (ie you have no idea what's going on), then
of course
you should be disregarded. Do you really think you can just walk in and expect people to care what you have to say if you haven't bothered to find out what you're talking about? Imagine if you took your car to the mechanic and you came back and he said "Well, I haven't actually looked at your car, but I'm pretty sure you need a new transmission." I dunno about you, but I'd go somewhere else.
Oh, and I'm still voting for sideney, just because I think lurkers need to die on day one.
That's fair enough, though I really do encourage you to go read his last game. Also, if we're going to be lynching lurkers, why not Anticollie? Unlike Haylen or Sideney, he has no excuse at all, not even a bad one.

Any
responsible
townie would RTFT before making cases against people, forming trust lists, etc...which you did just now.
Underlined phrases in the above quote are contrary to Nikanor's personality.
Well, that nails it. Town is screwed. :p
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:50 am

Post by Raskol »

In reply to Lynch's post:

re: Haylen---To be fair, from what I've seen of Haylen in her other games and from reading her wiki entry, snappiness and irritation is exactly what I expected from her if she's a townie. So this should lessen suspicion of her, not increase it. Her attacks on auditor (the ones I responded to, anyway) are definitely poor. I'm not going to hold that against her, though. At least, I don't think that makes her scum. From what I've seen of her now, I don't think that inconsistency or craplogic are scumtells coming from her: I think she's just as likely to do that, town or scum.

Also, please don't make complete player lists with rankings of town to scum. All it does is help scum figure out NKs and bandwagon targets.

Post your top two or three scum suspects and leave it at that.
Eliminate
Eliminate
Townie
Eliminate
Townie
Townie

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:01 am

Post by Eliminate »

While that may be true, a more complete record of a townie's thoughts usually provide to be more valuable to town than it is to maf, for record-keeping and consistency purposes. Be that as it may, my scum list is certainly not quite as accurate as to my current thoughts as it should be, given that it was purely from what I remembered off the top of my head.
onion
onion
Goon
onion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:50 am

Post by onion »

good morning! let's get cracking.

just for ric:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=goatse
aka one of the more horrible things on the internet.

the arguments that Raskol passed up were mostly the ones we already know. he didn't go up against the posting-in-verse-might-hide-your-scummyness argument, but that's because it's probably true. he also didn't hit on the bribing-raeil scenario, which i'm not sure i completely understand myself. (perhaps Haylen would like to rephrase that for my convenience.) he also didn't immediately jump on her not-quite-appeal-to-emotion, which seems odd because he jumped on everything else. he probably just missed it. anyway, Raskol choosing to pass on these arguments isn't scummy right now because they were either not very good, or we already knew them.

ok Sideney, you act like scum incarnate but Raskol says your meta shows you always do this. i guess i have to do the whole meta thing myself too, so i might as well get started. (this meta analysis is powered by awesome home made bacon/cheese/ranch dip!)

so i open up his profile and search for all 155 posts by him.

and here we are at Newbie 788, that game everyone was complaining about earlier.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11476

031 - hay this seems much more useful than his posts in our game.
059 - here he l-1 someone, justifying his vote by saying "i like that wagon".
090 - here he is avoiding putting someone at l-1.
106 - general vote hopping all over the place.
205 - holy crap a bonified post!
and the game ends.

conclusion from that one is that Sideney posts 1 liners not very often, and acts scummy when he's the doc. He did have a good post though.

and now on to Mini 791, which he seems to have been replaced out of.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11482

033 - he confirms, votes and vanishes for the next 100 posts.
150 - hes back! with nothing useful to say.
338 - and is eventually replaced with Mastin without much of use to me.

well that one was less than useful, moving on to Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8558
nope, he got replaced in this one too. (and while being Luigi too!)

well at least he isn't lurking to replacement in this one (yet). all in all the meta research was not very useful but did take a lot of time. the only game of use was 788, in which he seems to put more effort into his posts than he does here. he managed one better post, and showed some discretion about voting, which he does not seem to be doing here. i'd call him More Dangerous in this game than he was in the last.

i'm not seeing where Raskol gets this notion that Sideney's actions are less scummy. his playstyle is not similar enough to the previous one to draw many useful conclusions.

well that was a lot of work. was i supposed to be responding to something else too?

Haylen changed her avatar and now i get confused who she is. :(
Haylen's the female one. That was the point :P ~Vi

hi Lynch, welcome to the game. the name Lynch will always be capitalized, while the action 'to lynch' will never be capitalized.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:58 am

Post by Haylen »

Lynch wrote: Haylen: I was surprised by what I thought was a noticeable shift in your demeanour and personality as the thread progressed. You come off as jovial and friendly until you attract suspicion from Raskol, whereupon you seem snappy and irritated. I'm not sure if this change in mood is significantly relevant to the game or if it's simply deviating from real life matters, so I won't go into there, I just wanted to point it out.
Read my wiki, it explains. Also, I have been banned by myself from posting after 11pm and when i just wake up because I get irritable and snappy and comment on completely the wrong thing in a completely disrespectful way. Sorry for telling people to shut up ect earlier, i can be quite a moody person at times.
Lynch wrote: I get the impression that she's trying to find anything that can be used against the players she attacks, such as the poetic analysation of any line by auditor's that can be labelled as scummy.
Because of school and college, when reading poety I automatically analyse it and if I don't then because I don't have time, I go back to it. I'm telling you now, though, I'm very rarely wrong with my analysis of poetry. Therefore, I'm sticking to that analysis.
Lynch wrote: I guess I'm in disagreement with most of her points
One of the reasons you find me scummy is because you disagree with me? Seriously?
Raskol wrote:I don't think that inconsistency or craplogic are scumtells coming from her
Yeah...I'm not proud of that it bites me in the butt quite alot, definately trying to improve, that's one of the reasons I'm here :) Out of curiousity, which of my games have you read? I like knowing. If you don't want to say now, I can wait til end game.
Raskol wrote: I blamed her for not telling us why she really couldn't post. She gave us some crap about university finances, internet connections, etc...while all the time she was posting away in other threads. That is an inconsistency and a scumtell.
I am well known for overloading myself with work, and all that work piles up whilst I'm being distracted. It's not crap, I'll give you a full list of what I've had to do if you like, everything I've said has been true. The games i have on my wiki are not a complete set of games I'm in right now. And don't yell at me for overloading myself, I can't see that changing anytime in the future. But I will be posting more now.

Think that's all for now.

Actually no, just saw onion's post. I strongly disapprove of meta in Newbie Games, trust me, if I could, I definately would. However, if you are going to go down the meta route with Sideney for that game, why don't you do the same for me? I think you'll find my play has been quite similar. (And that is in no way hypocritical of me, just a little bit controversial)
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Raskol wrote:Do you really think you can just walk in and expect people to care what you have to say if you haven't bothered to find out what you're talking about?
Never said I didn't find out what I was talking about. I only said that I had been ignoring the thread for a couple days, not that I hadn't read it.
1. I said today, not now. Way to misrepresent.
Sorry, I read 'today' as a real-life day.
Haylen wrote:Read my wiki, it explains.
I read it.
I then spellchecked it.
Hope you don't mind. ^_^
I don't think "spell-check" is a precise description of what you did... ~Vi
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:

sideney (3) ~ Nikanor, ric, onion

onion (2) ~ Anticollie,
Lynch,
sideney,
Raskol

Raskol (1) ~ Haylen
Lynch (0) ~
Raskol

Not Voting:
Echo, Raskol, Lynch
[size=0]Anticollie 2 PROD1 15 | Raskol 0 | Lynch 0 | Echo 0 PROD1 7 | Haylen 0 PROD1 7 | onion 0 | Nikanor 0 | ric 0 | sideney 0 PROD1 5[/size]
--With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
--Deadline is Monday, July 6 2009.
(Only got 3 days left)
Last edited by Vi on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Well, I added two things....
Haylen can always revert if she doesn't like it. :P
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Nikanor »

'Edit', then.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by Nikanor »

EBWOP: I'm not saying 'edit me' in a snarky way.
Editing is probably a more precise description of what I did. :D
Eliminate
Eliminate
Townie
Eliminate
Townie
Townie

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by Eliminate »

Haylen wrote:
Lynch wrote: I guess I'm in disagreement with most of her points
One of the reasons you find me scummy is because you disagree with me? Seriously?
I think I worded it tactlessly. It's not why I find you scummy but it's a reason why I'm uncomfortable with you. They really shouldn't be at the top of the list, more so Anticollie, when he's only been giving game hints so far and not his thoughts for a while.
sideney
sideney
Goon
sideney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:17 am

Post by sideney »

We are going to a no-lynch day?
Show
As Town 2/3 Lose with 1/2 nk and 1/2 lynched.
As Scum 1/3 Win but 1/1 Lynch
As doc 1 time.
As cop 1 time.
I'm a fucking noob!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by Nikanor »

sideney wrote:We are going to a no-lynch day?
You wish.
We are not going to a no-lynch, not if I can help it.
I'll votehop to someone else on Monday if it is apparent the sideney lynch is going nowhere.
Eliminate
Eliminate
Townie
Eliminate
Townie
Townie

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by Eliminate »

If we're pushing the deadline, I would advise a policy lynch on lurkers or those who don't contribute as much. And for me, those options are sideney and Anticollie.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:

sideney (3) ~ Nikanor, ric, onion

onion (2) ~
Anticollie,
sideney
Raskol (1) ~ Haylen

Not Voting:
Echo, Raskol, Lynch
[size=0]Anticollie 3 PROD1 15 PROD2 0 | Raskol 1 | Lynch 0 | Echo 1 PROD1 8 | Haylen 1 PROD1 8 | onion 1 | Nikanor 0 | ric 1 | sideney 0 PROD1 6[/size]
---Anticollie is being prodded again.

(Only got 2 days left)

---A friendly reminder: Today was the original deadline.
Last edited by Vi on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Echo
Echo
Goon
Echo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:14 pm

Post by Echo »

(275) Lynch wrote:It seems as if he tried to establish himself as a player new to mafia concepts in his opening posts ("what's a FOS?"), possibly to permit the playing of the newbie card later on. Yet in recent days, he seems to come off as an intelligent player with knowledge of various phrases and terminology.
Raeil pointed me to the Wiki soon after that, and iirc I acknowledged that in a post soon afterwards. I've read and reread the Theory sections in the Wiki many times since then, and I like to think of myself as a person who learns fast. I'm still ignorant about details not discussed in the Wiki (or at least the Theory section) such as replacement and the generally accepted way to deal with analysing such players. I never intended to "play a newbie card", and if I ever do feel free to lynch me for it.
(280) haylen wrote:I am well known for overloading myself with work, and all that work piles up whilst I'm being distracted. It's not crap, I'll give you a full list of what I've had to do if you like, everything I've said has been true. The games i have on my wiki are not a complete set of games I'm in right now. And don't yell at me for overloading myself, I can't see that changing anytime in the future.
If you are knowingly overloading yourself, do you think that would hamper your ability to scumhunt? If not, why not? Personally I need to spend quite some time reading and rereading each post in order to find contradictions or to note ways in which it might be possible to trap suspected scum in lies.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:07 am

Post by Raskol »

Vote: onion

For reasons already given. The deadline is tomorrow. This is my preferred vote, though I may change it if it's a choice between that and a nolynch.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:01 am

Post by Haylen »

Unvote
Vote: Sideney

Lurks. pushes for my lynch - hypocritcal. Different to when in other game.
Sorry. Im ill. Will give more info if feel bettre tommorow.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:42 am

Post by Nikanor »

So sideney's at L-1 now? Only need one more vote to lynch.
Ready to claim, sideney?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:

sideney (4) ~ Nikanor, ric, onion, Haylen

onion (3) ~ Anticollie, sideney, Raskol
Raskol (0) ~
Haylen

Not Voting:
Echo,
Raskol,
Lynch
[size=0]Anticollie 4 PROD1 16 PROD2 1 | Raskol 0 | Lynch 1 | Echo 0 PROD1 9 | Haylen 0 PROD1 9 | onion 2 | Nikanor 0 | ric 2 | sideney 1 PROD1 7[/size]
---sideney is at L-1!

(This is your last day!)

sideney
sideney
Goon
sideney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by sideney »

Wow! So much scumtell, the queen of the lurkers, Haylen, say that i'm lurking! And the cute nikanor want a role claim! Good luck guys i'm done, who will be the hammer boy?
Show
As Town 2/3 Lose with 1/2 nk and 1/2 lynched.
As Scum 1/3 Win but 1/1 Lynch
As doc 1 time.
As cop 1 time.
I'm a fucking noob!
ric
ric
Goon
ric
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:10 pm

Post by ric »

how was everyones 4th? we were like....400 yards from the fireworks barge on the lake. ash was raining onto us. it was sweet. and the fireworks/music choreographers did a real good job. back to business!

sideney

youre not going to claim? why wouldnt you claim? i dont understand this. but yes, you do seem super suspicious. pretty. fucking. suspicious.

raskol

i read through the posts and couldnt find the exact thing i was going to reconsider and didnt include it in my notes because i thought it would be obvious but i couldnt find anything specific that i thought was a 'tell' or anything like that. i do find suspicious your seeming attempt to manufact evidence against haylen. but i think youve spent the last while of the day cycle well.

question: what do you think about cyren/lynch?
nikanor 288 wrote:I'll votehop to someone else on Monday if it is apparent the sideney lynch is going nowhere.
can you talk to us a little about why this is the case for you? what scenarios do you look forward to with an execution elsewhere?

onion

thats pretty disgusting about that goatse thing. i can see where you say that he doesnt discuss everything. is this suspicious to you? is that you brought it up? i gotta say its not suspicious to me. just saying.

haylen

thanks for being open. have any of your opinions changed since the beginning of the game? you didnt post much content but now you are much more active and i was just wondering what has changed for you.

(ps haylen -
my mother is the type to take on too much work. her life isnt in shambles and she feels rewarded in her work (sort of) but she is way too stressed out. dont let it happen to you. dont work the 80 hour week. dont take on too much stuff like your self worth depended on it. find something else to do besides work. just some advice from a dude whos mother works waaayyyyyyyyy too much and never stops taking on tasks. it shows in her quality of life. trust me. one.
)
echo 269 wrote:Since Haylen has given advice to other players on how to play the game, which means she's pretty confident about her skill at this game, I completely expected Haylen to have at least looked to find out who the replacement is and extended her argument to cover the new player in her post.
this is fine to me and i think your view that she shouldve looked is fine but in this case it doesnt seem to amount to something suspicious and its a bit suspicious that this should be used against her as a bolstering of raskols attempt to cast suspicion on haylen, so it looks suspicious to me and so does supporting it. i dont want it to amount to anything more then i feel it deserves and so maybe i shouldve said something more like 'we should watch out about where we take this piece of 'evidence'' - maybe thats more succinct/accurate (i DO find it suspicious though). i mean. i dont feel like youve made an error in reasoning.

lynch

to be fair to anticollie he has been prodded by vi which means that he either hasnt logged on to the site or he hasnt been in game, im not sure which. thanks for taking the time to read the thread and post your summary

to the people not voting i have a couple questions

what hasnt been compelling enough to vote yet in this first day? do you think a no-lynch is a good move? why or why not? how would you like to see the rest of the day go?
Eliminate
Eliminate
Townie
Eliminate
Townie
Townie

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:37 am

Post by Eliminate »

ric wrote:
to the people not voting i have a couple questions

what hasnt been compelling enough to vote yet in this first day? do you think a no-lynch is a good move? why or why not? how would you like to see the rest of the day go?
1) The fact that I think both the targets for today's lynch are more likely to be town-aligned than maf (sideney and onion).
2) No
3) Information lynch and for the fact town always should lynch on odd numbers.
4) With a lynch of course. I'm willing to hammer sideney if needed though.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:55 am

Post by Nikanor »

youre not going to claim? why wouldnt you claim? i dont understand this. but yes, you do seem super suspicious. pretty. fucking. suspicious.
I assume he doesn't want to lie by saying he's town. That's the only reason I can think of that someone would not roleclaim when put at L-1 on the deadline.
And the cute nikanor want a role claim!
Of COURSE I want a role claim! You're at L-1 with only hours to go in the day.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”