Mini 754 - Frogs Mafia Game, Set and Match.

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:06 am

Post by SensFan »

Xylthixlm wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:SensFan has been posting elsewhere (GD, Mish Mash, Coney Island...) but hasn't answered the question. It's a very simple question, he shouldn't have any reason to be stalling.

vote: SensFan
I'm so sorry that I should go 24 hours without posting in this thread.
Your not posting anything the previous day was so suspicious that I was pretty sure you were scum. (dahill had me totally fooled.) I was asking you questions to try to give you a chance to convince me I was wrong.
And I was answering the questions. I just won't devote my entire time at MS to a game in which ones of the players insults me on principle and 2 of the other 4 were hellbent on lynching me.

And ckd, sorry, but this is the last time I ever play in a game with you.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:06 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

jesus, I hate proofreading

"Well, Day 3 didnt really
go
the way I wanted...I felt dahill had slipped in reference to the traitor and I found my self defending
him
.. to counter that, I attacked him with a bad "case". I was actually hoping to get lynched to (hopfully in the eyes of the town) auto-confirm dahill/CDB. My "case" was just that....silly. though when I do play town, I look for things like that, but that REALLY was a stretch...as it turns out though, I was right about dahill, he really didnt want any old cases of mine and it was a slip on his part, though a small one. I enjoyed bumping heads with Xyl..for a moment I thought you were getting the best of me, then Dizzy saved me....luckily I didnt have to jump on the wagon."
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:08 am

SensFan wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:SensFan has been posting elsewhere (GD, Mish Mash, Coney Island...) but hasn't answered the question. It's a very simple question, he shouldn't have any reason to be stalling.

vote: SensFan
I'm so sorry that I should go 24 hours without posting in this thread.
Your not posting anything the previous day was so suspicious that I was pretty sure you were scum. (dahill had me totally fooled.) I was asking you questions to try to give you a chance to convince me I was wrong.
And I was answering the questions. I just won't devote my entire time at MS to a game in which ones of the players insults me on principle and 2 of the other 4 were hellbent on lynching me.

insults? No the truth, bud. as it stands, I STILL have not been in a game with you where you provide much of anything....I called it when you got here, and you lived up to my expectations. And THEN you want to blame others for your bad play...that IS bullshit.

man up, and take the blame.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:26 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

SensFan wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:Your not posting anything the previous day was so suspicious that I was pretty sure you were scum. (dahill had me totally fooled.) I was asking you questions to try to give you a chance to convince me I was wrong.

I hope you can appreciate that, if you don't post, I have
no information to determine your alignment
. I tend to assume that people who are not posting - especially if they are posting elsewhere on the site - are avoiding it because anything they post would be damaging to them. Your not answering a simple "yes or no" question made you look worse than you already did. And at that point you were in a hole and needed to dig yourself out. You didn't.

Of course, what
put
you in the hole was deliberately avoiding contribution to the game at a time when you could have swung the balance and given us a scum lynch instead of a deadline mislynch. That's just plain bad play. You have no excuses.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:41 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Bleh, I've come to the conclusion that I am horrendous at scumhunting. I thought I had good solid tells on all 3 of the mislynches, and during the last day, I don't think I would have considered voting for either CKD or CDB. Great job guys. Now I'm going to go crawl into a corner.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:08 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Oh, and thanks Shanba for a good game. Do you mind posting the roles? I don't think I've ever seen a Vote Condenser before, and I'd be interested to know what it does.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:13 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Sorry about the end of day 3 xyl. Still, I was certain one of you and ckd was scum. When you switched to izzy, I was convinced it was you. Even during this day I was convinced it was you and cdb. Oh well. At least I caught Gorrad.

Also, Sens, you have no one to blame but yourself. You don't come into a game and deliberately post nothing. You start contributing.

Good game to CDB and dahill. CKD played decent with what he was given with, but he was fairly scummy. Still, he won.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:14 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Also, thanks for modding shanba.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:18 am

scotmany12 wrote:Sorry about the end of day 3 xyl. Still, I was certain one of you and ckd was scum. When you switched to izzy, I was convinced it was you. Even during this day I was convinced it was you and cdb. Oh well. At least I caught Gorrad.

Also, Sens, you have no one to blame but yourself. You don't come into a game and deliberately post nothing. You start contributing.

Good game to CDB and dahill. CKD played decent with what he was given with, but he was fairly scummy. Still, he won.
scot question, what point did you nail me as scum...was it the "case" against dahill?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:18 am

also thanks Shanba
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:22 am

Post by scotmany12 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:Sorry about the end of day 3 xyl. Still, I was certain one of you and ckd was scum. When you switched to izzy, I was convinced it was you. Even during this day I was convinced it was you and cdb. Oh well. At least I caught Gorrad.

scot question, what point did you nail me as scum...was it the "case" against dahill?
It was exactly that case against dahill. It was a huge stretch, and highly contrived. Adding that to you weren't that impressive earlier in the game.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:25 am

that was the design of the case....after being on two mislynches and doing nothing that could be called "protown"...I felt if I made up a ridiculous (though absolutely truthful as it turns out) case that it would mostly confirm dahill. I really thought I would be lynched that day and I was cool with that...was surprised it swung differently.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:29 am

Post by scotmany12 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:that was the design of the case....after being on two mislynches and doing nothing that could be called "protown"...I felt if I made up a ridiculous (though absolutely truthful as it turns out) case that it would mostly confirm dahill. I really thought I would be lynched that day and I was cool with that...was surprised it swung differently.
Had you been lynched (looking back that was the towns biggest mistake, though I didn't do much to stop the izzy lynch) I would like to say I would have looked at dahill/CDB. I can't truly say I would but there was a slight connection between you two.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:36 am

right before the case, I defended a slip up of his about the traitor...I decided I didnt want that connection to him and up until then he was heat free. Also dahill felt he had you in his pocket (why you werent offed Night 2, I felt you had a rocking game and wanted you down), so we went with my second choice (shea).

so I banked on dahill's read on you and pushed a bad "case" to enforce your belief that dahill was town...my thought, when I was lynched and flipped mafia going back and reading the day...no one would think dahill could be scum...especially because at the time of the case, dizzy was leading with scum suspicion....
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Shanba
Shanba
So win
Shanba
So win
So win

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:20 am

Post by Shanba »

Welcome to Frogs Mafia, x!

You are a Dragon. You have a 1-shot daykill which you may use by typing Kill: Player, all in bold, in thread. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

You are a Donkey. You are a gaoler: each night you may target someone, and that player is both protected (like a doc, stupid) and roleblocked.You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

You are a Pelican. That's the bird with the big mouth. You are a jailkeeper, which means you protect and roleblock your target. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

You are a Hairy Toad. You and y are neighbours: that means you can talk at night. You do not know your neighbour's alignment. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

You are a Duck. You and y are neighbors, in otherwords, you get to talk at night. You do not know your neighbour's alignment. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

You are a Poison Dart Frog. You are a townie. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

You are a Fire-Bellied Toad. You are a townie. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

You are a Duck. You are a townie. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

You are a Common Toad. You are a townie. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

You are a BullFrog. You're a mafia traitor. You do not know who the mafia are, they do not know who you are, although they are aware of your existence. You cannot be recruited. You win when the mafia achieves their win condition.

You are an Iguana. You are mafia, along with y, who is a goon. There is also a Mafia Traitor around whose goal is to help you win. You are a vote condenser: each night you may attempt to steal a vote from a player (with your sticky tongue, of course):if (and only if) that player is scum of any sort, they will lose a vote for a day and you will gain one. Each night, you may also choose a player to kill as a scumteam. You may talk to your scumpartner at night. You win when everyone except your scumteam is dead, or that point is inevitable.

You are a Tree Frog. You are mafia, along with y, who is a modified vote thief. There is also a Mafia Traitor around whose goal is to help you win. Each night, you may choose a player to kill as a scumteam. You may talk to your scumpartner at night. You win when everyone except your scumteam is dead, or that point is inevitable.

Hi everyone! Welcome to Frogs Mafia! It would appear that due to a distortion in the space time continuum, or possibly magic, your village, that was under attack by an evil gang of malicious beings (you know how it is with small villages and malicious entities from beyond the ken of mortal men), has become a swamp. A swamp populated with frogs. And the bad guys are not pleased about this (or perhaps they just generally have an unhappy disposition). They've decided to get some sort of revenge by killing everyone. And you, having no legal recourse, have decided to kill them right back. Joy.

Oh and as a warning... frogs do things differently to people. I should know. After all, I'm an omniscient frog deity thing with the power to kill at will, yet I have decided, unlike a human deity who would get involved with the smiting, to merely reveal the role and alignment of each player as they are murdered. Goodness knows why. It's a frog thing.

Ribbiting on:

Croaked:

*ribbit*

*ribbit*

*croak*

Please get confirmations to me as soon as possible! Day will begin when all confirmations are in.

SAMPLE ROLE PM:
Welcome to frogs mafia, Shanba!

You are a
mod
omniscient omnipotent frog deity. This means that you look after the thread, post vote counts, resolve night actions and so forth. You win if you successfully mod the game to a conclusion.
ANOTHER, MORE USEFUL SAMPLE ROLE PM:

Welcome to frogs mafia, x!

You are a frog. You are a townie. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Oh no, not again...

So, there you were, minding your own business, living in your remote backwater in the middle of nowhere, wacthing TV. abusing your neighbours, lusting after your cousins and occasionally visiting nearby places of worship to atone for the sins of sloth, wrath and incest. Then they came. Actually, no one ever saw them come, which is surprising in such a small community, but they undoubtedly did, because the signs appeared, the signs telling everyone about how they were fabulously lucky because fabulous deposits of fabulous minerals had been found under their fabulous village, which would, by the way, shortly be becoming an amazing and fabulous mining community and everyone was kindly requested to take their sheep and cows and go.

Naturally, no one did. Stranger was the fact that no one appeared to enforce the demands printed on the signs. So a feeling of general unease grew, a sort of tension, anticipation of a combat that did not seem to ever be likely to happen. Gradually, that too faded and life went on much as before. With the exception of the weather.

Weather in these parts had always been more or less a lottery, though generally the rains came often enough to ensure the sheep didn't die. There had never been much of a climate, so to speak. Weather succeeded weather in delightfully irregular ways that defied even the oldest and most experienced of old hands. So when it began to rain on Monday, no one really questioned it. It was when it wan it was still raining late Thursday afternoon that a few people started to become suspicious. At least the rain did not appear to be flooding the place. Thank goodness for small mercies, they said. And all the frogs that came with the rain sure do taste good. And so, life continued largely as normal, except that the local shoemaker made a killing selling his newfangled waterproof boots.

The council was only called into action when the disappearances started. This was serious, now. Guards were posted. The guards disappeared. Fingers were pointed, resignations were called for, panic, in brief, descended. And still people were disappearing. But not just people, livestock too - barely a bleat or a moo could be heard. The rain was still falling. Frogs were everywhere, so much so that they had all but replaced mutton and milk in the local diet. The order was posted that no one was to leave their home until the whole mess was sorted out.

That was yesterday. Today, you awoke to discover you had become a frog. That's ok, because so had your neighbours and your cousin. Besides, being frogs, you now had a wonderfully uncluttered perspective on how to deal with what can only be the work of evil and malicious forces in your homeswamp - you drown 'em. Simple as. So that's what you're going to do. Good luck!

If only it were that simple...

DAY 1 NIGHT 1 DAY 2 NIGHT 2 DAY 3 NIGHT 3 DAY 4 NIGHT 4 DAY 5 NIGHT 5
Dragon scotmany12 Gorrad NONE (GORRAD) Xylthixlm DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD
Donkey Xylthixlm (Raging Rabbit) dizzyizzyb13 dizzyizzyb13 scotmany12 scotmany12 DizzyIzzyB13 SensFan SensFan
Pelican Thestatusquo Archon mikeburnfire dizzyizzyb13 dizzyizzyb13 DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD
Hairy Toad Archon (Haterade) NONE DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD
Duck dizzyizzyb13 (crywolf20084) Archon mikeburnfire Xylthixlm DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD
Poison Dart Frog MacavityLock Archon mikeburnfire DizzyIzzyB13 NONE
Fire-Bellied Toad SensFan (Citizen Karne) NONE mikeburnfire NONE NONE DEAD DEAD DEAD
Duck kloud1516 Archon DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD
Common Toad mikeburnfire (farside22) dizzyizzyb13 dizzyizzyb13 DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD
BullFrog Gorrad dizzyizzyb13 DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD
Iguana curiouskarmadog Archon mikeburnfire mikeburnfire MacavityLock Xylthixlm Scot (kill) SensFan
Tree Frog ChannelDelibird (dahill1) Archon kloud1516 mikeburnfire thestatusquo DizzyIzzyB13 NONE SensFan

Copied directly from my mod notes.
(10:50:24 PM) xcaykex: GODDAMNIT I DONT WANNA GET RID OF MY TENTACLE RAPE PORN

Ribbit.
Shanba
Shanba
So win
Shanba
So win
So win

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:21 am

Post by Shanba »

There was no way to recruit Gorrad. In hindsight, I should probably have informed scum of this.

Ribbit.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:36 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Honestly, the more I've been thinking about it, the more I think it might have been a scum advantage to have the Traitor, given that there were fewer connections for us to make so as to identify scum. Though I have no idea how I would have played that role, since you actually need to try to lynch the towniest people to feel comfortable. How would the game mechanics have worked if Gorrad was the only scum left?
Shanba
Shanba
So win
Shanba
So win
So win

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by Shanba »

MacavityLock wrote:Honestly, the more I've been thinking about it, the more I think it might have been a scum advantage to have the Traitor, given that there were fewer connections for us to make so as to identify scum. Though I have no idea how I would have played that role, since you actually need to try to lynch the towniest people to feel comfortable. How would the game mechanics have worked if Gorrad was the only scum left?
Game would have continued but Gorrad would have had no kill.

EDIT: I agree with you about the traitor thing, tbh, but the implications of that worry me somewhat. Basically, it is implying that it is best to simply forget who your scum partners are rather than try to abuse the fact that you are a team to hoodwink the town.

Ribbit.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by dahill1 »

great game shanba thanks for modding

finally, a game in which i actually did well as scum. my last two games were trainwrecks but i think i pulled it off this one. thanks for replacing me CDB, i owe you one once the summer's over.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by dahill1 »

also, my perfect scum record lives on

booya
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Good game all! I wish I could have played more of it. Also, nice call Scot. I honestly thought I was cruising along pretty nicely until you up and off'd me.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Gorrad wrote:Good game all! I wish I could have played more of it. Also, nice call Scot. I honestly thought I was cruising along pretty nicely until you up and off'd me.
Thanks. Didn't do much help though. We pretty much blew it.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:07 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

I probably should have paid more attention to that feeling CDB was goading me.

Also, this game reinforced that I tend to forget important information from early in the game. If I had remembered that izzy was neighbor I might not have switched my vote.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

scotmany12 wrote:
Gorrad wrote:Good game all! I wish I could have played more of it. Also, nice call Scot. I honestly thought I was cruising along pretty nicely until you up and off'd me.
Thanks. Didn't do much help though. We pretty much blew it.
Yeah, your actions were the silver lining in this sh*t-cloud.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:14 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Hooray! Thanks for modding Shanba, and well played CKD and dahill. I really enjoyed replacing into this game.

Xyl - I spent a long time re-writing that goading post because I was petrified it would be the end of me. =D
#greenshirtthursdays

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”