Newbie 799 - Katana Village (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
James.Denholm
James.Denholm
Goon
James.Denholm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:46 pm

Post by James.Denholm »

pikapizza wrote::!:
James.Denholm
James.Denholm wrote:Belili, in your examination of the case against Mev, it seems to be that Mev supports people a fair bit. Isn't this an inherently townie trait?
Belili wrote:By "supports" I meant supports voting for/lynching. Not supports as in defends.
how did he make this mistake...?? mevorra hasn't defended anyone at all in any of his posts. this seems to suggest that he doesn't really pay much attention to the arguments of the other posters, which directly contradicts what he mentioned about "trusting" the "legimatimate reason" made by other townies. (post 291) i find it bizarre he would be so trusting if he can't even be bothered to verify their arguments/read the thread.

he hasn't made any effort to find scum. he merely "trusts" the reaction of other players and go with the flow, and are happy lynching the biggest target. this seems to be a sign of scummy logic...
Don't say that. I have read the thread. Admittedly, it was more of a skim-read than a full, in-depth mental analysis of every single post, but I was in the middle of exams at the time. It was just a small, simple mistake. And what do you mean, I don't pay much attention to the arguments of other posters?

You quote 291. Let's have a look at 291:
James.Denholm wrote:Huh. I only just noticed the other line of pika's post:
pika wrote:he says that he can't see any scum in Mevorra, but he doesn't seem at all opposed to a Mevorra lynch.
I'm not terribly opposed to a Mev lynch because there are others (a lot of others) that are voting for him. It's possible that two scum are on that wagon, sure, but that leaves two townies, two which I hope have legitimate reasons to vote for Mev.
What are you talking about, trust?
There is no mention of trust in that post.
All I'm saying is that I'm not going to stand in the way of a Mev lynch. If I was trusting people, I'd hammer him! Just because I'm not opposed to a Mev lynch doesn't mean I'm going to support it. If I was happy lynching the biggest target, I would have hammered him.

More later.
Currently in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12195]Mini 839[/url], [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1838415]Open 165[/url].

Paranoia - It helps!
edmund.angles
edmund.angles
Goon
edmund.angles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:23 am

Post by edmund.angles »

Green:
I didn't like how he jumped on the Mevorra wagon without much justification and then jumped of when he was asked to provide it. To me it sounds like he didn't have much in the first place and it smells scummy to me.

Weeping:
no alarm bells ringing, her defences of her questionable behaviour seems consistent with the original posts to me.

Mevorra:
Even if people don't agree with what I consider scum signals I still consider them so. And I don't consider him laying low a town signal.
@Mevorra: Who is your prefered lynch now?

pika:
Questioning logic, scumhunting, seems pro-town

prefered lynches:
Mevorra, GD, Belili
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:52 am

Post by GreenDude »

@edmund: You obviously haven't been reading my posts. I've exlained my votes THREE TIMES.
Violence is not the answer. It is a question, and my answer is yes!
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:13 am

Post by nureins »

WeepingWind wrote:No, I am saying there is no one who has proved them self to be scum, as in they have beyond a doubt proven their guilt,
so I would like to consider each one of you carefully
WHEN?
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:17 am

Post by nureins »

I am busy the next 4 days.
I ask Tenchi for an extension due to the last minute replacement (id like the new player having at least a couple of days to exchange opinions).
I want all people not voting saying openly who they want to lynch.

I am happy with a mevorra or weeping lynch. If this cannot happen, id re-consider the rest of players carefully. I am pushing mevorra first as right now I consider him a little more suspicious.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:18 am

Post by nureins »

I want to notice how the non-voting players have not initiated ANY SERIOUS WAGON. They therefore want mevorra lynched, despite what they say. They are very anti-town by doing so.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:14 am

Post by GreenDude »

@nureins: I would prefer the deadline not extended because I will not be here from July 3rd on. I also would like a chance to find out who gets killed during the night.

Since the deadline is coming up soon (regardless of whether we get an extension or not), and discussion is slowing. I think that discussion will pick up if we start voting weepingwind because everyone has voiced their opinions on mevorra and he has given his defence. We need to get a move on.

vote: Weepingwind
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:16 am

Post by GreenDude »

Hey, what happened to wickedswami??
WeepingWind
WeepingWind
Townie
WeepingWind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:22 am

Post by WeepingWind »

wickedswami wrote:
I'm sorry but I won't be able to play anymore as of now. Please have me replaced

regards:

Wickedswami
That's what happened to wickedswami.

btw, I'll be at a camp tomorrow (as I was today) so If you all decide to vote for me like GreenDude suggested, I probably won't respond immediately.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by GreenDude »

Well, at least it'll get other people to start talking. As it did last time :D
edmund.angles
edmund.angles
Goon
edmund.angles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:38 pm

Post by edmund.angles »

GD wrote: @edmund: You obviously haven't been reading my posts. I've exlained my votes THREE TIMES.
That just isn't true, you said you wanted something to happen, that just doesn't cut. You never explained why Mevorra should be lynched.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:00 pm

Post by nureins »

GreenDude wrote: ... voiced their opinions on mevorra and he has given his defence. We need to get a move on.
Might you tell us which of the points in my case (and edmunds' one) are no longer valid as scummy signals?

Do you find any of Mevorra wagonners scummy?
Which is the reason that someone you consider townie has risen so much interest, in your opinion?

With respect to get a move on, we have a move on. mevorra is at L-2 and he might receive new votes. If you want to force a different lynch, I suggest you to provide arguments and stimulate the non-voters...

---

Currently I am happy with my vote. Be careful with deadline, please.
pikapizza
pikapizza
Townie
pikapizza
Townie
Townie

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:47 am

Post by pikapizza »

:!:
WeepingWind
WeepingWind wrote:Just because all of my vague suspicions and groundless accusations aren't immediately clear to you doesn't mean I am not looking for the scum.
if you have no suspects at the end of D1, what's clear is that you're not trying very hard.... it doesn't seem to matter to you at all whether you find scum or not.

i'm glad that you know that your suspicious are indeed "vague" and your accusations are "groundless".
WeepingWind wrote:Actually all of you fighting is producing a lot of helpful materiel.
on the other hand, you lurking in the background saying a lot of nothing is providing no helpful material on you.

your behaviour through the entire game has been anti-town. you have not promoted discussion, and you have consistently tried to stay in the background. the only time you bother making big posts is to defend yourself.
WeepingWind wrote:I didn't abruptly change my mind. I wasn't very suspicious of Mevorra to begin with (you asked for "any suspicions") and I voiced suspicions towards him to let him clear or incriminate himself.
if you lied about being suspicious of mevorra, who ARE you suspicious of ??
WeepingWind wrote:I am glad you are able to put forth clear suspicions now.
unlike yours, my suspicions have always been clear.
nureins wrote:I want to notice how the non-voting players have not initiated ANY SERIOUS WAGON. They therefore want mevorra lynched, despite what they say. They are very anti-town by doing so.
yes !!!

you say you believe that Mevorra is town, yet you propose no alternatives. if you do nothing, the end result will be the same as you hammering... Mevorra will be lynched. you really don't care if an innocent townie (by your reckoning) is lynched ???

i would also like to note that the way you defended yourself in post 309 is very weak. saying "i wouldn't do this if i were scum" is just lots and lots of WIFOM and useless -- it proves nothing.

:!:
James.Denholm
James.Denholm wrote:What are you talking about, trust? There is no mention of trust in that post.
sorry, i shouldn't have put that in quotes. my intended meaning was that what you were doing was similar to "trust", but not quite. you do seem to believe that the wagonners have reasons to lynch Mevorra, though ???
James.Denholm wrote: If I was trusting people, I'd hammer him! Just because I'm not opposed to a Mev lynch doesn't mean I'm going to support it.
in other words, you're not opposed to the lynch of one you believe to be a townie ?? as nureins said, even if you're not voting for him, doing nothing will essentially lead to the same result -- Mevorra will get lynched.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:26 am

Post by GreenDude »

Before I put mevorra a L-1, there was absolutely no discussion. So I placed mevorra a L-1 to get people talking. And it worked perfectly. If I hadn't placed that vote then nothing would have happened until a day before the deadline. I think it does cut it because he wasn't going to get lynched.

@nureins: I didn't say that your points against mevorra were invalid. I said we need to consider other people as well. I would like to lynch either weepingwind or mevorra. Weepingwind preferable, but I don't think anyone is going to vote her as well so I'm fine with lynching mevorra.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:31 am

Post by GreenDude »

There are 3 people missing. Wickedswami isn't here, mevorra gave up on defending himself, and Belili vanished. What happened to Belili??
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by Tenchi »

From this point on,
tubby216
will be replacing Wickedswami.

(Please confirm SE/IC status.)

Thanks!

Belili and Mevorra have been prodded.
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by Tenchi »

No deadline extensions.

VOTE COUNT

(3) Mevorra - nureins, edmund.angles, Belili

(2) WeepingWind - pikapizza, GreenDude
(1) Belili - tubby216

Not Voting: WeepingWind, Mevorra, James.Denholm

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline: July 3, 2009 12:01 pm PST
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by tubby216 »

hi all replacing in and i am an SE

so i have been around the block a time or five,

give me a day or so to read to catch up anyone have anything in particular you want me to pay attention too?
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
WeepingWind
WeepingWind
Townie
WeepingWind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by WeepingWind »

pikapizza wrote:WeepingWind
if you have no suspects at the end of D1, what's clear is that you're not trying very hard.... it doesn't seem to matter to you at all whether you find scum or not.

i'm glad that you know that your suspicious are indeed "vague" and your accusations are "groundless".
I get that a lot. I don't "seem to" much of anything, just because it doesn't seem that way doesn't make it truth. But in this game, I am at the mercy of the mob, a impressions are everything.

You are glad that I have no solid cases when in the previous paragraph you cast suspicion on me for this?
pikapizza wrote:on the other hand, you lurking in the background saying a lot of nothing is providing no helpful material on you.

your behaviour through the entire game has been anti-town. you have not promoted discussion, and you have consistently tried to stay in the background. the only time you bother making big posts is to defend yourself.
Tried? I haven't tried to stay in the background, I am actually trying to do the opposite; though I have apparently failed. And "bother" to make big posts? I just can't stretch what I want to say so it appears bigger, I am a concise person.
pikapizza wrote:if you lied about being suspicious of mevorra, who ARE you suspicious of ??
Lied? I think you mean exaggerated. Who do I suspect? At the moment, I am examining Belili and James.Denholm.
pikapizza wrote:unlike yours, my suspicions have always been clear.
Only as clear as you make them.
pikapizza wrote:you say you believe that Mevorra is town, yet you propose no alternatives. if you do nothing, the end result will be the same as you hammering... Mevorra will be lynched. you really don't care if an innocent townie (by your reckoning) is lynched ???
Look, already some of you have stated I am your favorite for a lynch, isn't that an alternative? And as I am town, I will win if the rest of the town wins. Though either way we lose a townie. Actually, I would like to know for sure what Mevorra's alignment is, and the only way is through death, though it would be a waste of a lynch and a townie.
pikapizza wrote:i would also like to note that the way you defended yourself in post 309 is very weak. saying "i wouldn't do this if i were scum" is just lots and lots of WIFOM and useless -- it proves nothing.
Isn't a lynch an execution without due process of law? Shouldn't I present my case in front of the town (in lieu of a judge or jury) in an unbiased manner and let you decide?

Welcome tubby216! :D Just try to state your suspicions and such as soon as possible, because we don't have much time left until the deadline.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by GreenDude »

@weepingwind:Actually a lynch is technically a hanging which does involve a court. However, this is katana village and we don't have a court. We just have jury, executioners, and judges combined into the people of the village. If we don't base our opinions on what you say then what should we base our opinions on???
And pika isn't glad that you don't have any suspiciouns but glad that you know that you're suspiciouns are vague!
You ARE trying to stay in the background. If you actually tried to be part of the action, pika wouldn't be saying that you are trying to stay in the background.
Big posts are NOT small talk extended but an entire read-up about a person. And yet again pika is right. Your big post that you just posted is a defence.
If you read through pika's post he'll show what he means by lied.
You just said that you are EXAMINING Belili and James, not SUSPICIOUS of them but EXAMINING. Why are you using those words??
Look, already some of you have stated I am your favorite for a lynch, isn't that an alternative? And as I am town, I will win if the rest of the town wins. Though either way we lose a townie. Actually, I would like to know for sure what Mevorra's alignment is, and the only way is through death, though it would be a waste of a lynch and a townie.
That's not answering the question. The question is why aren't you defending mevorra instead of doing nothing??
Isn't a lynch an execution without due process of law? Shouldn't I present my case in front of the town (in lieu of a judge or jury) in an unbiased manner and let you decide?
Again, that's not answering the question. The question is: Your defense was weak because you used WIFOM.

I think Pikapizza is an invaluable player is helping us out a lot. I think he has contributed the most and that is pro-town.
Belili
Belili
Townie
Belili
Townie
Townie

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:51 am

Post by Belili »

Is it just me or have we been running around in circles these past few days?

I'm really not sure what to say anymore - we're all grasping at straws here :(
Mevorra
Mevorra
Townie
Mevorra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:03 am

Post by Mevorra »

Agreed. And @GD, yes I ceased defending myself, since I've said what has to be said.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:12 am

Post by GreenDude »

@mevorra: If I recall correctly you didn't say much.

@Belili: I'd have to disagree. We have suspiciouns on mevorra and weepingwind. I don't see that as running around in circles.

Happy Canada Day!!
Mevorra
Mevorra
Townie
Mevorra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:10 am

Post by Mevorra »

I answered any question you had, and explained what I was doing.
edmund.angles
edmund.angles
Goon
edmund.angles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:20 am

Post by edmund.angles »

@Mevorra: I agree that you have adressed the accusations. That I didn't find that your answers removed my suspicions doesn't change that. What I suggest you do is to tell us who you find scummiest and who you would prefer to lynch like everybody else.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”