Newbie 773 - New Bieland GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:55 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Such as? I can't think of anything, other than "Who are your top two scum?" or something.
green shirt thursdays
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:25 am

Post by Dragonfly13 »

No, I mean like a question tailored to each individual player. For example, Baszie, what do you think of cow and koriental?

Other players could be asked similar questions. Again, I'm not sure of the best way to go about this. "Who are your top two scum" might be better.

And feel free to ignore that question baszie.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:33 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Okay.

@Baszie: If you had to lynch one person right now, who would you choose?

@Cow: Regardless of newbie playstyle, would you call koriental town or scum?

@Dragonfly: Give me a read on Cow.

@Koriental: If you had to "save" one person right now (clear them as town), who would you choose?
green shirt thursdays
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:39 am

Post by Dragonfly13 »

Well, I just did a quick reread, and Baszie does look pretty scummy right now. Especially his Post 46 where, after voting Ryan, and then unvoting him because I noted he had placed ryan at L-1, he says he feels cow is more suspicious than ryan, even though cow had only one post between those two times.

Baszie's Post 39, where he votes Ryan, doesn't even provide a reason. He just says "I'm reluctant to jump on a bandwagon but that's what I'm going to do." I find it odd that after a single post made by cow baszie can change his opinion so quickly, unless his vote for ryan was simply there to speed up a lynch.
Vote: Baszie
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by Dragonfly13 »

@Dragonfly: Give me a read on Cow.
I'm largely unsure about cow. I'd say he's leaning scum, but pretty close to neutral. Well, at this point in the game, I'm trying to consider who is most scummy, not just who is scummy and who isn't. I've honestly never made it past night two in any of my games, so my endgame strategies may be a little unguided. At this point, I feel that the final scum has played quite cunningly, so I am a little worried cow may have us all played. If the final scum is indeed a clever player, he has left cow alive simply because of the idea that cow remaining alive for so long makes him quite suspicious. To me, Cow is sitting in a vat of WIFOM at the moment, because he has not been NKed. In all of my other games, scum killed off an experienced player quite early. My other idea is that scum has been lurking, which fits with baszie better.

So there are two possibilities here, regarding cow: 1) he is the final scum, because he has not been NKed, and 2) he is not the final scum, because he has not been NKed.

I feel that if baszie is the final scum, he has been pretty clever. The same goes for cow.

Cow does tend to find others suspicious fairly often, but he's pretty experienced, so I think he has the scumhunting advantage here. Several of his recent cases have at first appeared somewhat baseless to me, but on further inspection actually hold a lot of ground, so I definitely have a lot of experience left to gain. Cow is probably tied for second on my scumlist at the moment.
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by Dragonfly13 »

Actually
Unvote
and just
FOS: Baszie
, because I don't want day to end until it absolutely must.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'd like Cow & Dragonfly to respond to my questions at least, and I'll give Baszie say a day to actually come out and defend or give any last words to us.
green shirt thursdays
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by Talitha »

Same as last Vote Count

Baszie (1) - hasdgfas

Not voting: Baszie, Dragonfly13, koriental, xRECKONERx

3 votes will lynch, deadline is 20 June.
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by Dragonfly13 »

Which question did I miss?
Need [color=blue]0[/color] replacement(s) for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13188]Mini 911[/url].
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Sorry, meant koriental, not you.
green shirt thursdays
koriental
koriental
Townie
koriental
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:14 pm

Post by koriental »

hey everyone. so i must admit that the lack of activity the last little while had me somewhat disappointed. i was beginning to feel that no one really cared anymore about the game. i myself was losing...motivation i'd say? to continue. BUT this recent flurry of activity and discussion has really got the juices flowing!

so a question about dragonfly's post 249 where he talks about the next couple days and stuff, if at the end of whatever day/night that scenario goes to and c d e are left, are you saying that with 2 townspeople and 1 mafia the game is over? what is lylo? i'm trying not to assume that i know what that means, but i'm thinking it means something like the game is over? cuz w/ 2townspeople and 1 mafia, couldn't town still win?

and to respond to reckoner.

if i had to choose someone to clear as townsperson, i'd clear myself. haha. just joking.
i don't think that's what you intended by the question. but i am a bit confused about your wording. are you asking for who i think is the most likely to be town in my opinion? like i don't get the "save" word that you use. but if u're asking who i think is most likely town, the way i've got it ordered out is

u and dragonfly seem the most likely to be town, then cow, and finally baszie. and the main reason for baszie is just that period of inactivity and my feeling that he's been hiding from the start of the game, and from an earlier post where i shared that opinion, it seems like he's been trying to hide as scum for a long time.

btw. i think we should think of a question to ask reckoner. can't think of anything too "information-gettingy", other than, something stupid like...why are you NOT the mafia? lol. is that even worth asking? if it is, please answer. =)
passion...it lies in all of us...
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:06 am

Post by Dragonfly13 »

Lylo, or "lynch or lose," is a situation where there is one more townie than mafia and the game is in a day phase. In this example there would be two townies and one mafia left. In a lylo situation, town must correctly lynch scum every day until the game is over, otherwise the game has passed the lylo phase and mafia wins.

In a situation where there are more mafia than townies, say four mafia and three townies, mafia can simply lynch whoever they want until all remaining townies are dead, so any situation where there are more mafia than townies is considered an instant win for the mafia.

In a situation where the number of mafia is equal to the number of townies, mafia can all vote for one townie and force a no lynch (if the mod decides that a majority would cause a lynch at deadline, otherwise mafia would not have to vote at all), because even if all of town somehow correctly determine the roles of each player left in the game, the best they can do is L-1, they can't force a lynch. A no lynch ends day with no one lynched, so mafia just NKs someone and then they have the majority, so any situation where there is an equal number of mafia and townies is also considered a win for the mafia.

This doesn't take into account the possibility of third parties, because there are none in a newbie game, but just to give you a general idea of a possible endgame situation if whomever we decide to lynch today somehow turns up town.

I do agree that we should ask reckoner a question, in fact I was going to ask him one myself but I haven't been around to give it any thought. I'm pretty busy today so I don't know when that will be really.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:24 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Waiting on Cow before I vote.
green shirt thursdays
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:49 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Reckoner wrote:@Cow: Regardless of newbie playstyle, would you call koriental town or scum?
Well, Because I think Baszie is scum and we've already lynched one scum, I'd call him town.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:33 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Good enough for me.

green shirt thursdays
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:35 am

Post by Dragonfly13 »

Cow, who, after baszie, do you find to be the most scummy, and why?

Reckoner, same question.
Need [color=blue]0[/color] replacement(s) for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13188]Mini 911[/url].
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:36 am

Post by Dragonfly13 »

Baszie, who are your top two scum candidates?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

After Baszie, I find Cow to be the scummiest because I feel like there hasn't been much contribution recently... it's more like "lay low and let Dragonfly & Reckoner take the show".
green shirt thursdays
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:36 pm

Post by Dragonfly13 »

I would like to note that we have nearly two weeks until deadline and I would prefer that no one else vote for baszie for at least a few days or until I change my mind.
koriental
koriental
Townie
koriental
Townie
Townie

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:39 am

Post by koriental »

lol. dragonfly. i think that comment was directed to me no?

cuz cow and reckoner both have voted for baszie...and baszie's not gonna be voting for himself.

if we really want to take a few more days, maybe one of the two voters should take their vote off the table?
passion...it lies in all of us...
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:11 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I don't think we need a few more days. Baszie went AWOL and is most likely scum. If Baszie isn't scum, it's really not that big of a deal. We end up killing a scummy town which the real scum could use in the final stages of the game to misdirect attention, and we wind up with two townies and one scum at the end, which is a very winnable situation.
green shirt thursdays
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:41 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Dragonfly13 wrote:I would like to note that we have nearly two weeks until deadline and I would prefer that no one else vote for baszie for at least a few days or until I change my mind.
why is that? Is there a reason that we should stall once we've decided on someone to lynch?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:13 am

Post by Dragonfly13 »

Okay, I was just feeling a need to be a bit cautious, because I really do think I will be killed tonight if baszie flips town. We'll see.

I've also had quite a lack of sleep the past week or so. Meh. :/
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:20 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

That should be the hammer.
And now we wait.
green shirt thursdays
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Talitha »

Final Vote Count

Baszie (3) - hasdgfas, xRECKONERx, Dragonfly13
Not voting: Baszie, koriental,

Baszie is the one the town supects of being mafia so it's decided that Baszie must be lynched.
Baszie was a townie.

It's now night 3.
Send choice/s as soon as you are able.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”