AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:35 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

Basement Room #1
looks good to me. I hope someone finds the staircase soon - I hate confined spaces :shock:
Win / Loss record
Town: 2 / 0
Scum: 1 / 1
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:22 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

PsychoSniper wrote:I'll take Room 3 in the upper floor. Just to break the pattern of everyone taking all the Rm 1s first.
He's bein' dif'rent! Get 'im!

Vote: PsychoSniper
Win / Loss record
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

My initial reaction is that mass-claim is not good as it can provide targets for the scum.

However I am curious as to what Slicey saw. If it helps the town or could potentially lead to a way to crack or semi-crack this game, I'm all ears and could be persuaded of the validity of a mass-claim.

I've never played the board game.
Win / Loss record
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:09 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

banana 563 wrote:
Ash wrote:My initial reaction is that mass-claim is not good as it can provide targets for the scum.
We only have to say our names though, not our roles, plus this is a closed setup game for the "roles" side of things as far as I'm aware but we all know what the different character names are.
I can see reasons for and against a claim. I may be getting ahead of things but I'm thinking along these lines:

Pro: Player claims "My role is Joe"
We are told "Joe found a spear". This might grant a vig-kill or something. Someone turns up killed by a spear - we know who offed him.

Con: Player claims "My name is John"
We are told "John found a magic mirror": This might grant a cop investigation or something. The scum might guess the items purpose and know to target them.

Sorry if the above is exceedingly cheesy! :lol:
As I said, I've got no prior Betrayal experience and this is all guesswork.

banana 563 wrote:Also I'm alarmed at how quickly the psycho wagon has gone immediately to three, one vote being because there were 2 other votes on him. Surely that would be a reason not to vote?

Some people play that way to pressure. It's a valid tactic. My psycho-vote is a random but I'm happy to leave it where it is for now. He's only at L-4. If the meaning behind my vote changes, you'll know.
Win / Loss record
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:39 am

Post by AshMC1984 »

Kast wrote:
AshMC1984 wrote:Pro: Player claims "My role is Joe"
We are told "Joe found a spear". This might grant a vig-kill or something. Someone turns up killed by a spear - we know who offed him.
How is that a pro?

Why would you claim that it is bad to reveal our cops, but good to reveal our vigs?
Again, probably just getting ahead of myself in speculation - assuming that these items would be 1-shots. Far too early to continue speculation with any hope for reasonable accuracy I guess.
Win / Loss record
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:57 am

Post by AshMC1984 »

@Kast- I'm anti mass-claim unless I hear a very good reason otherwise. I was laying out the pros as I see them, not saying they outweigh the cons, expanding on Slicey's post. Your point about dropped / recovered items does seem to eliminate the 1-shot aspect, but I didn't think of that before. Re: your question my line of thought was:

Vig: a potential target for scum.
1-shot Vig: Pointless scum targeting them after their ability has been used.

If we were aware of who made the potential vig-kill, then they are held accountable for their choice.
Win / Loss record
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #7) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

Claus wrote:
AshMC1984 wrote: As I said, I've got no prior Betrayal experience and this is all guesswork.
Have you looked the game on a Wiki, or webpage, or is all your knowledge of the game restricted to this Mafia Game?
The only other time I've heard of this games existence is that people are playing it in Mish Mash. I had a quick glance a few weeks ago, don't remember anything about it but it looked interesting enough for me to remember it and /in for this game when it popped up.
Win / Loss record
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

Grandi, Seraphim, skitzer: Thoughts?
Win / Loss record
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

PsychoSniper wrote:@banana 563: why do you need others to tell you whether to vote? It's something you need to form your own opinion about. Sounds to me like you're wantig something to share the responsibility when/if you finally vote.....
QFT. I know banana has somewhat answered this but I think PS' point is a good one. I was getting this impression myself:
banana 563 wrote:
Claus wrote:Learn to love bandwagons.
Would you still love me if I joined it?
banana 563 wrote:Why do we need to bandwagon psycho? Is it because he is scummy, or because we need to pressure him to see how he reacts?
banana 563 wrote:
Herodotus wrote:@Banana: Would there be any need to pressure someone if they are not at least a little scummy?
That's the general feeling I got in my last game. I think someone said that a good way to find out who the mafia were was to pressure each person in turn, and see how they react. Do you think that would work though?
The first post could be fishing for a reaction masked as a joke.

The second post - you remove the threat from the Psycho-wagon if you come out and say it's merely a pressure wagon.

Third post - extending from the second - well if it
was
going to work it certainly won't now! Forewarned is forearmed.
Win / Loss record
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:59 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

Namttam wrote:@Banana-W-w-w-what Herodotus *hic* said. D-d-d-did you miss that I-I-I-I have *hic* a
voting r-r-r-restriction
for the d-d-d-day? C-c-c-can you ignore *hic* the stuttering and an-an-answer my *hic* questions?
Voting restriction
and
posting restriction or just posting restriction?
Claus wrote:
@Skitzer, Grandi and Seraph.

Here is a simple summary of the game to help you contribute

The main suspects right now are:
Psycho - being pushed by me
Slicey - being pushed by Kast
Oman - being pushed by AshMC1984
Huh?
Namttam (translated) wrote:
6 pages in you should have some suspicions. Question someone's actions or take a stand on something.
QFT.
unvote; Vote: Banana

banana 563 wrote: What are spinders? Or do you mean spiders?
Gah! We've covered this like 4 times!
PsychoSniper wrote:Your entire "case" on me....
^ Heh-heh.... I love it when people do that :P
PsychoSniper wrote:......so banana now has 4 votes. I know I've stated that I'm suspicious of him, but am I the only one who's bothered by the fact for the guy having the most votes right now, two of them were cast by lurkers who's hardly said anything since the beginning?
I don't know if you're the
only
one, but I'm not really bothered. I was happy to leave my random vote on you until something presented itself and I see that in 'nana. I think he's as good a lynch as we'll get today. Deadline is approaching. This game may need a replacement or 2.
Win / Loss record
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

Herodotus wrote:
PsychoSniper wrote:......so banana now has 4 votes. I know I've stated that I'm suspicious of him, but am I the only one who's bothered by the fact for the guy having the most votes right now, two of them were cast by lurkers who's hardly said anything since the beginning?
Skitzer is troubling me. He's only mentioned two players so far, ignoring questions and failing to comment on cases (not that he's the only one, ofc.) The things he's said about Nattam were that he "should still post as normal," and that he'd keep his eye on anyone pushing Nattam with little reasoning.
I happen to think Nattam would be a poor choice of lynch for today, but something about this gives me a bad gut feeling.
I agree re: Nattam, but the bit about the bad gut feeling - can you flesh this out when you can?
Herodotus wrote:Banana: I don't think Nattam's logic is a load of asterisks. Why do you?
:lol:
Win / Loss record
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:25 am

Post by AshMC1984 »

Claus wrote:I don't like that he calls his vote on PS "random" when he jumps into the big (and safe) bananawagon. My PS wagon (brought to you by SONY!) may not have been very effective, but it was real, and if it was really just a random vote, I would have expected ash to take it away sooner.
You would have expected wrong. See below:
AshMC1984 wrote:Some people play that way to pressure. It's a valid tactic. My psycho-vote is a random but I'm happy to leave it where it is for now. He's only at L-4. If the meaning behind my vote changes, you'll know.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slicey wrote:
@All: Do you think PS's vote on Claus was OMGUS?
No.
Slicey wrote:
Ash: Was your vote on PS random? Did it change to a serious vote at any point in time or was it always random?
My vote on PS was random. With nothing better presenting itself I left it where it was as an unspoken pressure vote (I don't like to ever be voting for nobody). It was never what I would call a 'serious' vote (intent to lynch).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From this:
Claus wrote:Oh great, my PS wagon died. :-( This is what I get from not being active.

I'll try to start a new one:

Unvote. Vote ASHMC1984
to this:
Claus wrote:- I want you or Ash dead most
in 2 of your posts with nothing from me in between? Yeah, you are a currently a better candidate for lynching today then 'nana.

Unvote; Vote: Claus
Win / Loss record
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

@Namttam / qwints: please make
explicitly
clear where I quoted deceptively. I really don't get it. Namttam you made the charge so the onus is on you. Qwints: Do you
actually
get what Nam is referring to or are you just taking his word for it?

One thing I do know - my original quote has been altered in Nam's 226 - you have Claus down as saying what I said - if anyone has deceptively quoted it's you.
Win / Loss record
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:22 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

Oh well, at least I went out with a bang.
Win / Loss record

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”