PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:13 am

Post by PsychoSniper »

Claus wrote:Skitzer about my PS vote.
skitzer wrote: It's well reasoned-but weren't there other people who thought the same about the name claim? I believe that's what your case is about.
That's the initial reason for my vote - and not even what he thought about the nameclaim, but HOW he thought and said it (on the wall). But after that, the way PS panicked when I started to put pressure, his big OMGUS,
his "warning on the banana wagon", without actually saying "that wagon is bad and should be stopped
" - all this made me feel that PS is quite scummy.
Huh, this from the person who accused me of twisting words. Stop twisting
my
posts. I didn't think a wagon on banana is bad, I was calling attention to the fact that bandwagon consists of votes from lurkers and pure random votes. It was a reminder that these lurkers were worth looking at. It would have been anti-town to
not
call that to attention.

And I would say a flip-flop vote from you is a far better indication of someone "panicking" because his attempts to mislead the town hadn't been working.

It doesn't matter if I'm right if no one is following me. But since you and Kast seem friendly to my PS case, I will just go back to it.
Kast wrote: We will HAVE to work together to ensure a lynch. In that regard I am willing to vote for PS next.
Hey, I'm cool with that. I will leave my vote on PS, but I promise to switch it to your slicey wagon if it is bigger than my wagon 1 day before the deadline. Can you promise the same thing?

unvote: Vote PS

Nice backpedaling here. Flip-flopping vote is outright scummy.
Namttam
Namttam
Goon
Namttam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:08 am

Post by Namttam »

I h-h-h-had been trying to w-w-w-wait on b-b-b-banana's post but it st-st-still isn't here. It b-b-b-better come v-v-very soon or else I w-w-w-would seriously advocate f-f-f-for his lynch.

We n-n-n-need to narrow down the w-w-w-wagons with Monday b-b-b-being the deadline. So the b-b-b-banana wagon is d-d-d-dismantled.
Unvote

@Claus- M-m-m-my apologies for FoS-ing you. I-I-I-I threw you in th-th-th-there because of Ash's p-p-p-p-post
AshMC1984 wrote:
Claus wrote:From this:
Claus wrote:Oh great, my PS wagon died. :-( This is what I get from not being active.

I'll try to start a new one:

Unvote. Vote ASHMC1984
to this:
Claus wrote:- I want you or Ash dead most
in 2 of your posts with nothing from me in between? Yeah, you are a currently a better candidate for lynching today then 'nana.

Unvote; Vote: Claus
It's m-m-m-my fault for not ch-ch-checking the source. I-I-I-I strongly dislike d-d-d-deceptive quoting and would ask y-y-y-you to move your v-v-v-vote back to ash. I d-d-d-don't like the PS w-w-w-w-wagon but would support th-th-th-th-the Herodotus one if I-I-I-I had to. I'll b-b-b-be on a c-c-c-couple times tomorrow to ch-ch-ch-change my vote or d-d-d-defend it as n-n-n-needed(as well as look for banana's post.)
Vote:AshMC1984
[i]~THe ONe ANd ONly~[/i]
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by Slicey »

Goddamn I know my 'case' on Kast was bad. I wanted to see how he reacted to it, and I felt he did in a protown manner. It's almost impossible to get a read on him, so I'm gonna do whatever it takes to try and get a read on him.

Deadline is Monday, and some people find me scummy, so I'm going to claim that I have an item and that item can probably help skitzer, whose stuck in the dark IIRC.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by Oman »

I like slicey for town.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:36 pm

Post by Claus »

Oman, Wanna change roles for a bit? You make the cases, and I follow you around? I'm really too busy this week to follow this game closely right now.

(Not ignoring the questions since my last post, I'll address them next time I post here)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:22 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Slicey wrote:Goddamn I know my 'case' on Kast was bad. I wanted to see how he reacted to it, and I felt he did in a protown manner. It's almost impossible to get a read on him, so I'm gonna do whatever it takes to try and get a read on him.
We should review this tomorrow. If I'm NKed, I hope Kast will.

Deadline is Monday, and some people find me scummy, so I'm going to claim that I have an item and that item can probably help skitzer, whose stuck in the dark IIRC.
In that case, I'm okay with letting you off for today. I'm uncertain about skitzer, but this may be useful.
unvote

It looks like the two most likely wagons are on Claus and Ash. I don't find either of them scummy, but if nothing better shows up, I'd be willing to vote for either to avoid a deadline-with-no-lynch.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:09 am

Post by Oman »

Claus wrote:Oman, Wanna change roles for a bit? You make the cases, and I follow you around? I'm really too busy this week to follow this game closely right now.

(Not ignoring the questions since my last post, I'll address them next time I post here)
Soon as I get this flight done monday, I'll have more time.
Namttam
Namttam
Goon
Namttam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:30 am

Post by Namttam »

D-d-d-deadline *hic*is tomorrow m-m-m-m-morning. We *hic*n-n-n-need you guys t-t-t-to be voting*hic* n-n-n-now. Please f-f-f-f-find *hic*time.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:58 am

Post by farside22 »

I don't have time to search for a replacement for Seraphim today. He's here on Monday so he stays. If he feels strongly about needing to be replaced I will replace him during the night phase and extend the night a bit.

vote count:

AshMC1984 (2)Namttam, Oman
Namttam (1) banana 563
Slicey (2) Kast, , qwints

Claus (3) PsychoSniper, Slicey , AshMC1984

PsychoSniper (1) claus
Herodotus (1) skitzer

Not voting:
Herodotus
Seraphim

with 12 players it takes 7 to lynch
day 1 deadline is June 22nd , 9:00am PST
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:19 am

Post by qwints »

@Hero, I straight up missed the point where you gave your reasons for voting slicey. You put that paragraph under an ash quote and I missed it. (I now see that it led off the section attacking slicey)

As for the name claim, asking to discuss a mass name claim is a form of proposing one. It is a very cautious form, but you clearly put the idea on the table. That's consistent with scum hoping that other players do the heavy lifting of advancing a suggestion that's bad for the town. That said, now that I see your reasoning for voting slicey, I think that the other players I listed (oman and slicey) are scummier.

I agree that slicey shouldn't be lynched today, but I don't like the fact that he was so fast to claim an item.

With deadline in mind,
unvote, vote Ash
for the deceptive snipping of Claus's quote.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:25 am

Post by Slicey »

BTW Hero, I didn't list any scumbuddies of Kast because I don't think he's scum.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:45 am

Post by Herodotus »

vote: Claus

I don't understand the issue with the quote. It looks like Claus said the things that Ash quoted. Also, his reason for suspecting Ash is that Ash didn't remove a random vote sooner, but that vote was supposedly playing a positive role in Claus's wagon on PS -- that looks like doublethink on Claus's part. And Claus is pushing on PS, whom I find townish. That makes him the least bad mislynch if he's town. As for the Claus wagon, I suspect Slicey, but am not at all certain he is scum.
I think we're probably going to no-lynch today. The positive thing about that is it means we'll have more people around to deal with the haunt than we otherwise would, but it's still not preferable.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:55 am

Post by qwints »

We can get three votes in 12 hours.

unvote, vote: Claus

No lynch is not an option.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:55 am

Post by Oman »

Unvote Vote Qwints
You don't need the three, which means you want this particular lynch to go ahead for some reason. If Claus is scum this vote will come off, but Claustown means you're my first reread.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:58 am

Post by Slicey »

That re-read shouldn't take long. >_>

Qwints, do you actually find Claus scummy?
Namttam
Namttam
Goon
Namttam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:38 am

Post by Namttam »

Unvote. Vote:Claus
. W-w-w-we need *hic*the l-l-l-lynch and I don't b-b-b-believe another *hic*wagon is g-g-g-going to get the momentum t-t-t-to be*hic* carried through. A Claus *hic*l-l-l-lynch is preferable to n-n-n-no lynch. *hic*Th-th-th-this puts Claus at L-1.*hic*
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by farside22 »

Good news without trying I have a replacement for Sera.
Replacing him is Kmd4390

Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

I need to hurry. Saw something earlier today that showed a deadline coming up. I don't need an extension or anything, it just means I have to read it all tonight. I'll be starting now.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

@Namttam / qwints: please make
explicitly
clear where I quoted deceptively. I really don't get it. Namttam you made the charge so the onus is on you. Qwints: Do you
actually
get what Nam is referring to or are you just taking his word for it?

One thing I do know - my original quote has been altered in Nam's 226 - you have Claus down as saying what I said - if anyone has deceptively quoted it's you.
Win / Loss record
Town: 2 / 0
Scum: 1 / 1
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by qwints »

1. I don't find Claus obv-town enough to justify a no lynch.

2. Ash, you left out the reasons he gave for voting you.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:09 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Page 1:
Just picking rooms. Nothing special yet.

Page 2:
Hero asking about a mass nameclaim is weird. Information that only helps scum the way I see it.

Not sure why Sera agreed with it. I sure as hell wouldn't.

Ok, Nam has an annoying post restriction. Glad I didn't get one this time. I have in two Farside-modded games already (although the one in Robot Chicken was pretty cool and Family Guy's was optional anyway).

To answer Kast's question, I know nothing about the theme. I'm in this game for the Mod.

Slicey- No suspicions and blindly agreeing with Hero's mass nameclaim suggestion. Scumbuddies?

Hmm. Then Slicey backs down to "neutral" on the nameclaim idea. Very interesting.

Hero actually says he's against the nameclaim. But wants to discuss it anyway? What? And then a jokevote?

Suspects:
Hero
Slicey

Page 3:
Banana supports nameclaim and freaks out over a wagon being at L-4. Scummy.

Slicey, "An idea of who had what could potentially help us find scum." If anything, it helps scum find power roles.

Kast lays a good vote on Slicey.

Slicey backs off of the nameclaim again. And "items can grant scum additional kills." I doubt it. In Farside's Futurama game, I was scum who could kill during the day. But if I did that, scum had no NK. Also, power roles tend to be weakened in her games. So she makes people work for abilities.

Ash, in your hypothetical "Joe found a spear", why do we have to know who killed the player as soon as it happens? Why not wait? And what does it tell us about Joe's alignment? If anything, waiting would help because it gives us the "Why did you shoot Bob?" question as opposed to Joe thinking "Hmm, if I kill Suzie, I'm seen as scummy, but killing Bob might give me townie points." Therefore, your con outweighs your pro.

Pyscho's lurker vote is weird. Not all that scummy, but not something I expected to see.

Suspects:
Slicey
Banana
Hero
Oman (mostly gut)

Page 4:
Claus seems almost too sure of his vote. But from past experience, this is actually probably more of a towntell than a scumtell.

I like Hero's banana vote.

I don't like banana's "Would you still love me if I joined it?" ("It" being a bandwagon") Looks too much like changing a stance in order to please people.

Slicey's Kast vote is weak as hell.

Psycho's excuse for parroting could just as easily be used to defend against his attacks for the same thing.

Pyscho's vote on Claus reeks of OMGUS.

Banana's "Why do we need to bandwagon psycho? Is it because he is scummy, or because we need to pressure him to see how he reacts?" is too hesitant, yet shows willingness to follow if needed. Almost like a scumbuddy's reaction.

Suspicions:
Slicey
Psycho
Banana

Page 5:
Hero, "In some other games (both Polygamist Mafia games) people started revealing how they were paired before a consensus was reached on whether it was a good idea. So I wanted people to not start doing so until we decided whether it was advantageous.", why not mention this when you asked about a nameclaim in the first place. Almost looks like you were trying to bait people into it.

Banana, if L-5 in serious discussion is nothing to worry about, why was L-4 in earlier stages a big deal?

Banana, You didn't answer Nam's question. What did you think of the Psycho wagon?

Suspects:
Slicey
Banana
Psycho
Hero back on the list.

Page 6:
Hero calls out Slicey and Banana. But for lurking???

Really banana? "Too busy defending" to find suspects? No way.

Don't like Banana's vote on Nam, but it's a real stance, so an improvement if he is town.

Suspects:
Slicey
Banana
Psycho
Hero

Page 7:
Oman's "There are better targets than you, I just haven't haven't figured out who yet. Unvote " is weird..

Suspects:
Slicey
Banana
Psycho
Hero/Oman

Page 8:
Slicey, over reacting to a vote isn't scummy? Really? I disagree.

Slicey, now a strong stance against name claims? And it looks like he meant to make it look like that was what he'd been pushing all along.

Oman "hasn't noticed anything" but wants a new wagon and votes Ash. Um, what?

Slicey's case on Claus mostly boils down to starting the game early on. And the OMGUS vote clearly was OMGUS, as I pointed out earlier in this post. It's a crap case.

Oman is buddying severely. I've never played with him, but it does seem to fit his personality based on what I've seen in GD. I'd like to think he wouldn't do that as town, but honestly, he might.

Ash's vote on Claus makes me go "what the hell". I've had a town read on Ash so far, but that is weak as hell.

Banana, how is "suspicious" different from thinking someone is scum?

Suspects:
Slicey
Banana
Oman/Hero
Psycho/Ash (VERY minor suspicion)

Page 9:
Oman continues to buddy.

Hmm. Qwints is suspicious of Hero, Oman, and Slicey. So am I. That's interesting. Two people replace in within a couple of pages and have similar views on the game. Not sure what to make of it if anything.

Suspects:
Slicey
Oman
Hero
Banana/Psycho

Page 10:
Slicey, you BS'd a bad case on Kast just to see how he'd react? Why not actually make a case on someone you think is scum? Scummy.

Funny. Oman calls Slicey town in the next post.

Ok, seeing votecount, anyone not voting either Claus, Slicey, or Ash needs to switch to one of the three. I think Claus is town. Ash has raised my eyebrows a couple of times, but nothing serious. Slicey is scummy as hell. <I originally voted Slicey here, but removed it when I saw Qwints unvote because that leaves only Kast on Slicey> I'm willing to switch to Ash if needed. I'll reluctantly switch to Claus over a no lynch.

Oman, what is wrong with Qwints voting Claus. It's starting to look like that's the only lynch we'll actually get. And your vote on Qwints with deadline coming up is a terrible vote.

Ok, so I don't find Claus scummy, but the deadline is in about 11 hours. I'm not confident that I'll wake up before then, so I'm willing to hammer before I go to bed in an hour or two. I'll hold off on that in hopes of a little more discussion. Slicey remains as my top suspect. Oman and Hero follow Slicey on my list. Banana and Psycho are minor suspects. And now I'm caught up.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:05 pm

Post by Claus »

unvote. Vote Ash

With Qwints and KMD, that would make 5.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:11 pm

Post by Claus »

Oman... qwints is not getting lynched today. KMD is right. Vote Ash, Me or Slicey.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:18 pm

Post by qwints »

Oman, WTF? We needed three votes for a lynch - mine and two others. Furthermore, moving your vote off of Ash basically ensures a Claus lynch or no lynch.

Claus, you forgot to notice Ash's unvote.

Looks like KMD will choose between a Claus lynch and no lynch. That should be an easy choice.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:19 pm

Post by Oman »

Does anyone read rules any more?
RULES wrote: At the end of the deadline the person with the most votes is eliminated (IE lynched).
ANYONE can be the lynch, voting Claus just to "cause a lynch" screws up the voting record and is complete bullshit.

Jesus people.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”