Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 8:42 pm

Post by Kdub »

AndyTony wrote: subconscious from hearing or not, accidental immunity is a killer
Is that just based on your past experiences?
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:47 am

Post by ODDin »

hewitt - do you think attempting to confuse other players and active lurking are valid town strategies, then?

Also, shouldn't Pitstop be prodded / replaced already?
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:43 am

Post by AndyTony »

@kdub - Yes indeed lol I've fallen victim to letting early, passive comments with little intent on meaning (that suggest someone is a misunderstood towny) to get into the back of my head and influence how I look at them

@ODDin - I concur - prods indeed
"It's Not A Breeze, 'Cause It Blows Hard"
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:50 am

Post by MadCrawdad »

@Ceph

Ceph, here's the explanation you gave of your 'Note to Self'.
Cephrir wrote:Fine, it's being blown so far out of proportion it doesn't matter. I'm not being manipulative, I just didn't want one specific player (you) to be aware of something.

Which is the meta I have of you as scum. Basically in our game as scum together I noticed that you were carefully calculating every move and did every little thing with some purpose behind it. I don't feel that you're playing that way at all in this game and you're being much less careful with your opinion, hence I think you're town. Obviously I would have preferred to have a few more game days on which to base this, but then I stupidly went and reminded myself inthread.

In before anguished cries of how that wasn't worth being secretive followed by votes.
Now here (from earlier in the day) when you didn't want to divulge the intent behind the note, you said that you'd 'like to give a hint or something but then it would probably be obvious'. Can you explain how you could have possibly hinted at your explanation above, that would have been obvious (or even obscure, for that matter)?
Cephrir wrote:It's the same thing. When I talk about it, you'll see why I didn't want to, I promise.
I'd like to give a hint or something but then it would probably be obvious.
If everyone really insists I'll do it now. It's not as big of a deal as it appears to be, but I'd still rather save it.
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:15 am

Post by MadCrawdad »

dejkha wrote:I'll believe it to the point where I don't think it effects his alignment. There have been plenty of times that I, as town, intentionally lurked while following the thread, just because I didn't feel like posting. As long as Pitstop doesn't make a half assed post when he does post, it doesn't matter to me. Obviously I'd prefer it if he's fairly active though.
Going days without posting, while being active elsewhere, will raise suspicion.
Dejkha, it looks like you've been really active elsewhere, but not posting here...should that raise our suspicions?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Cephrir »

Any hint I would have given would have made it obvious to AT what I was talking about IMO. For instance, if I said it was meta he'd probably have known it was him since the game in question had just ended and I'd made a few comments about his thought process in our conversations. If I said I just didn't want AT to know about it, same situation.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by MadCrawdad »

Cephrir wrote:Any hint I would have given would have made it obvious to AT what I was talking about IMO. For instance, if I said it was meta he'd probably have known it was him since the game in question had just ended and I'd made a few comments about his thought process in our conversations. If I said I just didn't want AT to know about it, same situation.
Your 'note to self' was completely out of the blue....I doubt that saying 'meta' would have tipped off AT, or anyone else.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I don't agree.
Bartleby the Scrivener
yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by yawetag »

Current Phase:
Day 1
Deadline:
June 7, 2009 at 11:59pm Central Time
Votes Needed for Lynch:

Current Vote Count

Current as of
Post #299

Pitstop
- 2 (dejkha, Cephrir)
Cephrir
- 1 (ODDin)
dejkha
- 1 (hohum)
Zer0ph34r
- 1 (The Corporation)

Not Voting:
AndyTony, hewitt, Kdub, Khamisa, MadCrawdad, OccamR, Pitstop, Zer0ph34r
"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." --Winston Churchill
"The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all." --John F. Kennedy

Typically only on during the evenings.
yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by yawetag »

Pitstop did not respond to my prod, and dejkha has requested to be replaced. I am in process of getting them replaced. OccamR was just prodded.

I will extend the deadline equal to the time it takes to find replacements, plus 2 days for them to catch up.
"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." --Winston Churchill
"The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all." --John F. Kennedy

Typically only on during the evenings.
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:33 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

Vote: dejkha
"I'm still a bit amazed by Zer0's play." -Xylthixlm
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:36 am

Post by AndyTony »

Vote: Zero

What are you playing at? Did you not read?

Stop trying to confuse the game - - and considering we're past random and in a lull, I would suggest having more reasoning behind your voting.
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:05 am

Post by ODDin »

Zer0, seriously, what was the point of this? Have you got at least something remotely resembling an argument against dejkha? His lurking has been brought up earlier, but considering his request to be replaced, I don't think we should really hold this against him. Even if he's not replacing out of all his games, he could've decided that he has time for X game but not for X+T games, and this game fell into the T zone.

I don't think replacing out is any sort of tactic or anything, or can even be considered as a tell.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:13 am

Post by Cephrir »

To be fair, dejkha has been uncharacteristically quiet in this game which may result from a disinterest in being scum. But I don't know if Zero has even played with dej before so that still doesn't make any sense.

Theory: Zero is scum with dej and is angry he quit and/or knows why he's quitting?

Regardless,
FoS: Zero
Bartleby the Scrivener
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:36 am

Post by AndyTony »

That happens in games - - your scumpartner bails, so you try to lynch him/the replacement in an attempt to gain immunity and say "hey! I got scum, lay off!"

And Dej as well as others haven't necessarily lurked - we had hit an understandable lull in the game
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:26 am

Post by hewitt »

Mod: I would like to be replaced thanks.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:32 am

Post by Cephrir »

Seriously?
Bartleby the Scrivener
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:35 am

Post by hewitt »

Cephrir wrote:Seriously?
Yes. I can't get into this game, it really bores me.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

Amazing how much conversation a couple of bold letters can start. I voted for him because him not posting, even before prodding him seemed like a way to stay under the radar. He had maybe one conflict and the end. And I didn't try to confuse the game [at least during that vote]. If you don't like my vote, do something about it.
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:50 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

Oh, I must also agree with hewitt. This game is boring as hell. Can we just lynch someone already?

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Scum tell. I don't care. Just make something happen.
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:57 am

Post by AndyTony »

Confirm Vote: Zero

Your "meh, this is boring lets just lynch someone" mentality is the very stupidity you pout about and get angry at before fake claiming - - that's incredibly hypocritical of you and I'm disappointed that you'd resort to that.

Also - Dej was no different than hohum are MANY others on this board that weren't posting, your reason doesn't single him out as scum, it just fits him - - you can't single him out because everyone is doing it, and you can't call it scummy because - - it isn't - - the game wasn't going anywhere.
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:14 am

Post by ODDin »

Zer0ph34r wrote:If you don't like my vote, do something about it.
Gladly.

Vote: Zer0
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by MadCrawdad »

@AT

AT, earlier you spent lots of time explaining that due to Zero's past play you wanted folks to 'be careful about applying the pressure willy nilly.' Also went on to say that Calculation and Intelligence would lead to Prosperity for the town. You also talk in another post about using other methods for catching scum, as applying pressure to Zero could lead to a scum claim....
AndyTony wrote:I felt that right after I expressed the distinction between hunting scum and hunting lynches - - hohum understood that we now have a person (zero) that will crack under pressure whether he's scum or not - -

hohum actually states that if zero gets emotional, he will lynch him for it - - - we don't lynch for people being emotional (because townies can be so as well) we lynch for being scum - -

My observation is to stress that we should be careful about applying the pressure willy nilly. Hohum is aggressive, which in all fairness is just as emotional as Zero.

Calculation - - Intelligence - - Prosperity for town

It can totally happen
AndyTony wrote:Understandable - - We know that pushing this particular player will make them do something nonsensible (since it's happened as both scum and town) hence I'm pointing out that there are otherways to discover scumtells.

Scumtells can be in general actions, and yes, they can slip under pressure -- scum indeed slip under pressure - - however, this player tends to false claim under pressure - -

So we ask ourselves, do we want to approach him for a false claim, or a scumtell - - and we now know how best to get it. Scum will use his emotions against him for a potential mislynch, no? - - I'm suggesting we appreciate there are otherways to catch scum (part of that new thinking I was trying to spread - that I mentioned earlier) - world of possibilities, guys.

So what the heck is with the quick knee-jerk pressure vote? Where's the calculation and intelligence that you rambled on about earlier? You're the one preaching being crafty (vs. getting tough) with Zero, and then you're the 1st one diving on with a pressure vote after he votes Dejkha.

You spent a lot of time talking about Zero and how you thought he should be approached. Then you seem to pounce with a pressure vote. Kind of a disconnect, isn't it?
AndyTony wrote:
Vote: Zero

What are you playing at? Did you not read?

Stop trying to confuse the game - - and considering we're past random and in a lull, I would suggest having more reasoning behind your voting.
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by AndyTony »

I see where it can look a little one sided to you, but that's just the thing - - I gave Zero plenty of open mindedness and opportunity, and I feel like his carelessness and hypocrisy is almost a slap in the face for trying to be understanding, you know?

The moment he got hypocritical and redundant, any form of understanding or open mindedness offered would be nothing short of favortism and a bias based on meta.

His vote on Dej (including the weak reasoning), his impatient, hypocritical logic toward "just wanting a lynch already", and his dare of "Here's my bad logic, what are you going to do about it" puts me RIGHT off.

Understanding and open mindedness is a two way street, otherwise I'm giving an unfair bias and buddy nature that shouldn't be there.

I saw Zero demonstrate hypocrisy, narrow mindedness, and a hunt for a lynch over scum - - that merits my vote
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by MadCrawdad »

Fine. But your 1st pressure vote came BEFORE 'his impatient hypocritical logic toward just wanting a lynch already, and his dare of bad logic...'

And your first vote HAD to be a pressure vote, or you wouldn't have confirmed your vote afterward, right?

Return to “Completed Open Games”