Newbie 769 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Hockeyruler is carted off by the town and lynched. Even though he was one of the Mafia, you realize that you're only half way there.

Hockeyruler,
Mafia Goon
, lynched Day 3

Night has begun. Those of you with night actions must submit your choices before Monday, June 1st.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

The Council is slowly wearing away to nothing and the time has come to make your final stand. The continued well-being of the town rests in the hands of two of you.

Tenchi,
Townie
, killed Night 3

Day 4 has begun. With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch. Deadline is the end of Sunday, June 21st.

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Make me proud guys!

(*coughItoldyousocough*)
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Feeres
Feeres
Goon
Feeres
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:02 am

Post by Feeres »

Wow, I did not expect Tenchi to be nked. O.o
After I saw Hockey come up as mafia, I immediately thought it must be true that Tenchi and Hockey are the scumteam, so I was thinking it'd be a pretty sure Tenchi-lynch today. This makes it a bit different. I've read some of the old posts from Tenchi and Hockey and I see more indication that the remaining scum is kikuchiyo. Tenchi had noted the apparent lack of interaction between Hockeyruler and kikuchiyo and I'd agree with that. Up until lately, they've been kinda ignoring each other and Hero-Hockey-scumteam doesn't seem possible for me, so I'm leaning towards kikuchiyo being the last scum.
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:44 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

Hm. Quite the predicament. I too was just about set to lynch Tenchi today.

FoS Hero

I am going to reread Feeres as well, but I am interested to see what Hero has to say here. One of the two of you are scum.
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:16 am

Post by Hero764 »

Holy shit. Unexpected. Sorry for being so hostile Tenchi xD

Whoever the scum player is obviously didn't think this through enough :P. They could've easily won since everyone was gonna lynch Tenchi anyways.

Ok, so, no one vote yet. I honestly can't tell if its kiku or Feeres. Feeres has a more scummy feel to himself, while kiku has done some more questionable things(although they weren't necessarily scummy).

This is gonna be a hard day 4.
Show
[b]RECORD:[/b]

[u]Wins[/u]: 1

[u]Losses[/u]: 0
Feeres
Feeres
Goon
Feeres
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by Feeres »

I think I figured out possible explanation for his kill. Out of the possible town power roles, cop could and probably would have investigated Tenchi, so if the cop investigated him the investigation is now wasted. Also the doctor wouldn't protect him from a kill either, since were obviously better choices to protect. If for example Tenchi was alive, the cop would have investigated him and stayed alive, then the cop would obviously rule out him as possible scum and instead of the obvious lynch try to direct the lynch elsewhere, we'd be pretty certain he's a cop and so the person he's trying to lynch is the last remaining scum.

I'd start from checking Hockey's posts, see the possible connections and then building a case on that. Hockey being scum is IMO the only useful fact at this point and whoever he buddied up with the most is most probably the last scum. I'll see tomorrow if I get the time to go through and analyze those posts.
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:05 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

Hero seems to have been setting up a Tenchi
or
kiku mislynch as early as late day 2. Day 3 can easily be interpreted as a textbook bus, and if you notice, Hero points out in his very first post how suspicious it is of me to have attacked Serial. How exactly does Serial flipping town make my attack any more or less suspicious? Either Hero disagreed with the attack or not(clearly not), however, he seems to be attempting to use the town flip as "extra" evidence against me.

Still rereading, but that first post of day 3 really jumped out at me.
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:19 am

Post by Hero764 »

Feeres wrote:I think I figured out possible explanation for
his
kill.
His? A slip, perhaps?
Hero seems to have been setting up a Tenchi or kiku mislynch as early as late day 2.
Quotes please.
Day 3 can easily be interpreted as a textbook bus, and if you notice, Hero points out in his very first post how suspicious it is of me to have attacked Serial. How exactly does Serial flipping town make my attack any more or less suspicious? Either Hero disagreed with the attack or not(clearly not), however, he seems to be attempting to use the town flip as "extra" evidence against me.
By attacking someone who was town it makes it look like you setting up a mislynch. You just used this logic against me =/.

And first I'm trying to set up mislynches, and now I'm trying to bus? Next time, read through the thread w/o already assuming I must be scum.
Show

Feeres
Feeres
Goon
Feeres
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by Feeres »

Hero764 wrote:His? A slip, perhaps?
Yes, his. Tenchi's kill, or to put it in better words, the killing of Tenchi. At least I think he's a he...
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

Hero764 wrote:
Feeres wrote:I think I figured out possible explanation for
his
kill.
His? A slip, perhaps?
Hero seems to have been setting up a Tenchi or kiku mislynch as early as late day 2.
Quotes please.
Hero wrote:Anyways... I'm pretty sure Tenchi and Hockey are scum together. I would like to see more from Feeres since I'm not entirely decided on him.
Kiku has been protown up until late day 2, and her attack of serial isn't looking good right now that its clear serial wasn't lying about anything(shocker...). The fact that Tenchi jumped right on in the attack with kiku makes all the scummier though.
Hockey is just as bad as yesterday.
Your first post of that day.
Day 3 can easily be interpreted as a textbook bus, and if you notice, Hero points out in his very first post how suspicious it is of me to have attacked Serial. How exactly does Serial flipping town make my attack any more or less suspicious? Either Hero disagreed with the attack or not(clearly not), however, he seems to be attempting to use the town flip as "extra" evidence against me.
By attacking someone who was town it makes it look like you setting up a mislynch. You just used this logic against me =/.

And why would I attack someone who is town to set up a mislynch, and then nightkill them revealing their alignment?
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:08 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Ok we're not playing the same game as yesterday. You have 24 hours to bring the activity up or I'm upping the deadline by 1 week.

Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:15 am

Post by Hero764 »

Feeres wrote:Yes, his. Tenchi's kill, or to put it in better words, the killing of Tenchi. At least I think he's a he...
Sorry I read that post wrong.
Your first post of that day.
You'll also notice I never once mentioned lynching you, and that I only thought Tenchi and Hockey were scum at that point. I was just pointing out how odd it was that you suddenly attacked serial when he had been the most consistently townie out of anyone in the entire game.
And why would I attack someone who is town to set up a mislynch, and then nightkill them revealing their alignment?
1) Whether or not hockey died at night or during the day, it was still a townie getting killed.
2) He was the most pro-town out of anyone, so any logical scum would've killed him as it gave away the least amount of suspicion.
3) I also notice you were criticizing him for telling the doctor to protect himself. Now, whether or not there is a doctor is irrelevant, but this can easily be seen as a means to secure your night kill of serial.
Show

kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:52 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

I am not following you here at all. If Serial was so obvtown as you make it sound, how could I could be setting him up for a mislynch? Of course you were focused on the Hockey/Tenchi scum pairing, it was the most obvious for all of us. I am thinking that last night you feared that your nk might not go through, so instead of taking out Feeres or myself, you took the easy kill. You realize that I am doc, don't you?
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:19 am

Post by Hero764 »

Realize you are the doc? How the hell could I know that? And why should I believe you? All three nights no one was ever protected.

And maybe you weren't even trying for the mislynch. Maybe you thought that by throwing more controversy into the mix to help further shift the vote count away from hockey. Maybe you thought that with 3 seemingly suspicious candidates people would be less likely to vote for hockey. And maybe you aren't scum at all. Feeres has a scummy 'vibe' about him. You have had some questionable actions this game =/.

Anyways, I certainly was not trying to get you lynched day 2 or 3. I was going after hockey 100% of the way(after I took my vote off of Tenchi, of course).
Show

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:12 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

3 posts in 3 days is not good enough. Deadline is now End of Sunday, June 14. That's 6 days.

Feeres
Feeres
Goon
Feeres
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:35 am

Post by Feeres »

Yes, I've been inactive, overwhelmed by the amounts of stuff happened in this game and some real life things, but I'll make a summary post I've been crafting up soon.
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:30 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

Hero764 wrote:Realize you are the doc? How the hell could I know that? And why should I believe you? All three nights no one was ever protected.
Correction: you were protected night 1, nights 2 and 3 I protected Feeres.
Hero wrote:And maybe you weren't even trying for the mislynch. Maybe you thought that by throwing more controversy into the mix to help further shift the vote count away from hockey. Maybe you thought that with 3 seemingly suspicious candidates people would be less likely to vote for hockey. And maybe you aren't scum at all. Feeres has a scummy 'vibe' about him. You have had some questionable actions this game =/.
^^ This post seems to go nowhere. You accuse me of something and I disprove it, so you then morph your accusation to fit the scenario. Please describe this "scummy" vibe. Accusationi without evidence reads scummy itself.
Hero wrote:Anyways, I certainly was not trying to get you lynched day 2 or 3. I was going after hockey 100% of the way(after I took my vote off of Tenchi, of course).
Are you trying to win me over?

Feeres: I await your summary post.
Feeres wrote:overwhelmed by the amounts of stuff happened in this game
Three posts in three days has overwhelmed you? :roll:
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:12 am

Post by Hero764 »

Correction: you were protected night 1, nights 2 and 3 I protected Feeres.
There's no reason for me to believe that.
^^ This post seems to go nowhere. You accuse me of something and I disprove it, so you then morph your accusation to fit the scenario. Please describe this "scummy" vibe. Accusationi without evidence reads scummy itself.
I didn't morph anything. I've never accused of being scum, just of being questionable for going after serial. Don't put words into my mouth. And I can't really describe why Feeres feels scummy, it probably has something to do with the amount he's posted, and how he doesn't really have too many 'pro-town' posts. He's been extremely hard to read, and all of this inactivity doesn't make him look any better.
Show

Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:13 am

Post by Hero764 »

Are you trying to win me over?
Just stating the facts.
Three posts in three days has overwhelmed you?
I think he was being sarcastic.
Show

Feeres
Feeres
Goon
Feeres
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:46 pm

Post by Feeres »

Mostly overwhelmed because of the 20 pages of lengthy writing to read. I've been going through posts knowing that Hockey is scum and that we only have us three alive now and gathered up some of the relevant parts imo together. I'll post the parts about first two days now and last part after I've gotten some sleep.

First day, Hero comes off looking at least a bit odd for his earlier posts.
Hockey jumps in to the game and very first thing he does is defend Hero by attacking his voters.
Hero addresses one of Tenchi's posts in the way that someone else could find something scummy in it.
At hammer, Hero and Hockey have some argument.

Overall first day, Hero is involved with Hockey in a way that would make me suspect they are the two scum. Kiku does no particular communication with Hockey despite the very same arguments he used in attacking me.

Interesting twist in d2 start is how Hero starts with targeting Hockey quite early. Not likely for scumbuddies to pick up each others' posts. Either Hero is not scum or they agreed during night to fix some of the things which happened previous day.
Hero vs Tenchi still seems like very risky move to pull off if Hero was scum. In case it's part of a bigger strategy to fade Hockey's similar mistakes, it goes bit too far in my opinion.
Kiku hyperclaiminvestigated Hero and gave him innocent verdict. This might have some relevance, like if Hero was scum he'd know kiku is not the cop and that's why she's not nked yet. On the other hand, giving an accurate investigation like that as scum wouldn't give away anything really. This plays some role in the strategical field but I don't yet know what.
Hero keeps on pressuring Hockey, if Hero was scum with Hockey I'd find this at least a bit odd. He has made his point already, so pressing it further would not give the opportunity for Hockey to slip away.
Tenchi mentions Toledo's lack of interaction with Hockey. More than that, I haven't seen much any interaction between Kiku and Hockey. This seems to be the main reason for me to suspect Kiku. Practically no interaction with Hockey, while otherwise being overally helpful for town. Her being scum seems like more and more likely option.
Whether Hero twisted Tenchi's words too much or not, I don't know. If there was serious twisting going on, it would have to be looked at more carefully, but the fact that the conversation just goes in circles makes reading through it somewhat painful. Personally, I did not see any twisting which was too bad when I read through it now.
Tenchi agrees with me on the Hockey-Kiku-connection and also says Hockey and Hero are unlikely to be scum together.
After Hockey's post to highlight Kiku, their interaction picked up. This was after Tenchi noted the absence of their interaction. Also considering how close Hockey is getting to being lynched here, it would be logical for scum to abandon the sinking ship and start attacking each other.
Kiku's and Hockey's interaction doesn't seem to really pick up. The previous exchange seems a bit staged at this point.
Kiku's and SC's posts about power roles seem to somehow end up dealing more with the doc than the cop. Kinda like a buildup for a doc claim or just doc tells. We either have a doc or nothing.

Second day Hero looks lot more town because of the attacks on Hockey and so on, while Kiku doesn't seem to have much any argument with Hockey. This type of buddying would lead me to believe Kiku is scum now. The small hints about a doc are something I'll have to look at though.
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:48 am

Post by Hero764 »

Were you going to continue that and do an analysis of day 3 too, or is that it?

Anyways, I'll skim through the thread later today as well. I probably won't be posting a full analysis though. Waiting for kiku to post.
Show

Feeres
Feeres
Goon
Feeres
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by Feeres »

D3 pretty much continues like D2, Hero actively tries to get Hockey lynched while Kiku is drawing attention at others.
Tenchi notes the possible absence of interaction between Kiku and Hockey. At this point, it could be a realistic option that there was deliberate lack of interaction.
Hockey also attacks back at Hero more and more, it's looking unlikely they would be scum together.
Kiku goes after Tenchi. Since we didn't lynch Tenchi but Hockey instead, I think Tenchi was the most likely target for potential investigations and least likely for protections. I think the intent of attacking Tenchi was initially to try to mislynch him, maybe even get him lynched after Hockey, but power role considerations changed those plans.
Overall third day makes suspect Kiku more. She's one of the more protown people at this point, yet isn't nked and hasn't really attacked Hockey until it's become inevitable that people are going after him and even then trying to find other targets for lynch.

One question does come in to my mind. If Hero is town, and he has been actively pursuing Hockey since D2, why hasn't he been nked yet? Probably because it would be too suspicious, but Hero also steered people in to voting Hockey so it didn't end up good for scum.
A Tenchi mislynch seemed possible at some point so that might be another reason to keep him alive.

Fourth and last day, Kiku claims doc. This will be impossible to verify, but it has an interesting connection with the earlier talk about what power roles should do. I don't know if it was planned or not. Otherwise haven't noticed much interesting things happening.

After all that, I'm pointing my finger at Kiku. Summing it up, there are pretty much two reasons why I think she is scum. First, Hero has been not buddyish at all with Hockey since D2, therefore making it unlikely he's scum. Second, Kiku has been kind of passively defending Hockey at times by not noting some parts of what Hockey has said and looking for other players to lynch - not necessarily scummy but if she was scum, she'd definitely do it.
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:34 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

You seem to glaze right over the part where I picked up on the scumtell late in the day. I found Tenchi's hammer way more suspicious than Hockey's L-1 on day1. I made this abundantly clear on a regular basis. Hockey had a newb feel about him and I was fine with letting Hero do the interrogating. I'm not sure what to say in response here, but in answer to your question, my talk of power roles was not any sort of breadcrumb I planned on referring back to. I did my best to keep my role a secret as it seems that it is the most pro-town role one can have(at least here in the newbie forum).

Feeres: You seem to reason rather well how I fit into the scumteam with Hockey, and yet your read of Hero is just, "Well, he's obviously not partners with Hockey." Why would you dismiss the idea of scumHero bussing and/or distancing himself from a partner who he thought made a terrible day one play? i.e. Scum want to appear as town, so if townHero would make the argument against Hockey, why wouldn't scumHero? This phenomenon seems to simply be dismissed. I think you are the final scum.

Vote: Feeres
I really hope I'm right, but your jump here in activity and your lackidaisical reasoning just doesn't sit right.
Feeres
Feeres
Goon
Feeres
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:25 am

Post by Feeres »

What scumtell do you refer to?

The reason why I don't think Hero is bussing and distancing himself from Hockey is that he goes so far in it. IMO Hockey's slip could very well be covered up later on if Hero hadn't kept attacking Hockey. He logically tried to get Tenchi lynched more than Hockey, which all in my opinion make him town. So if I eliminate Hero from the scumteam based on that, it only leaves you.

How would you explain the D1 then where Hockey attacked me as his first real stance? It would seem bit weird IMO as a scum to do something like that on D1.

If Hero is scum and you don't unvote before he votes for me, the town lost >_>

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”