Newbie 769 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hockeyruler
Hockeyruler
Townie
Hockeyruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by Hockeyruler »

Hero wrote: 1. He tried to justify lynching a townie.
2. Tenchi hammered only 30 minutes after hockey L-1'd, making it look like a scum quick lynch.
3. When questioned about it the next day, he tried to avoid the question by saying CJMiller could've been scum all along. A contradiction.
4. This was all followed by general scumminess behavior throughout the rest of D@(as serial pointed out). He was active lurking, not really making any suspicions, arguments weren't very strong.
5. He hasn't been quicklynched yet.
1. Am I supposed to say something along the lines of "Wow that was stupid of me, I just messed up." or more like "I'm mafia, hahaha, quicklynched!" The only real way to respond is to list why I did it... which I have.
2. OR it could have been a scum quicklynch without my involvment. Because scum can't communicate during the day that would have been just pure luck that he was on right then and that nobody else could argue it or remove their votes. Suggesting that I made that vote knowing that Tenchi would come in is blatantly ridiculous.
3. Well gee its easy to know he isn't scum NOW...
4. I wasn't actively lurking, I have forgotten about this game and at that time I was busy with (C'mon you can guess :)) hockey games and tests.
5. That leads us to either: you're scum, I'm scum. So obviously to me it proves you're scum.

Okay, as to me not *interacting* with Kiku, you had that same thing about Toledo yet neither of us are guilty. I really don't think I have to say anything more than that, you can look back for instances when I have if you really want to.

Anyways, at this point I'm gonna have to
Vote:Hero
and I'm actually wondering why I didn't do this before because atleast for me (I can trust in my own innocence) hes the only for sure scum.

anyways heres a little analysis of each player.... in alphabetical order!

Feeres: Has popped in to give very good analysis of the events, nothing really groundbreaking but still good. If hes scum hes simultaneously really good and bad. Good because theres nothing suspicious, but bad because he hasn't really led the town anywhere. Anyways, I highly doubt that and as I said hes always had a good analysis. Except for the issue on D1 I had with him

Hero: As I've said the fact that I haven't been quicklynched proves his guilt. To me atleast, I know everybody else can't be sure.

Kiku: The fact that she is willing to ignore whether hero is lying or I am is slightly disturbing. Even assuming Tenchi is guilty isn't safe because if she chooses Hero tomorow and I'm mafia it'd be pretty easy to quick lynch or vise versa. Because of that she really should be discussing this situation.

Tenchi: He makes some valid points but I'm wondering if you could explain what exactly this means:
Tenchi wrote:I don't know what kind of justification he used by I still stand by that I'd rather have CJMiller lynched now/ not be in lylo.
Do you mean you'd still do that lynch again knowing hes town? Or that you'd just have him lynched by now? Or what exactly?

At this point I know Hero is guilty with (this part isn't for sure) either Tenchi or Kiku as a scum buddy. Noting the amount of arguement between Tenchi and Hero as the late serial pointed out means that its highly unlikely, making Kiku the scumbuddy which would make sense as shes not voting for me or hero. However I still do not discount Tenchi.
[i][color=#8A4117]Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will.
I sure could use a vacation[/color][/i]
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 6:10 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count

Hockeyruler - 1 (Hero764)

Tenchi - 1 (kikuchiyo)
Hero764 - 1 (Hockeyruler)

Not Voting - 4 (Tenchi, Feeres)

3 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Friday, May 29th (Eastern, GMT - 4).
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 6:11 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

I think it is safe to say that Feeres is confirmed town, no?
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 6:27 am

Post by Tenchi »

kikuchiyo wrote:I think it is safe to say that Feeres is confirmed town, no?
Not in my book.

Still thinking.
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 9:07 am

Post by Hero764 »

1. Am I supposed to say something along the lines of "Wow that was stupid of me, I just messed up." or more like "I'm mafia, hahaha, quicklynched!" The only real way to respond is to list why I did it... which I have.
2. OR it could have been a scum quicklynch without my involvment. Because scum can't communicate during the day that would have been just pure luck that he was on right then and that nobody else could argue it or remove their votes. Suggesting that I made that vote knowing that Tenchi would come in is blatantly ridiculous.
4. I wasn't actively lurking, I have forgotten about this game and at that time I was busy with (C'mon you can guess Smile) hockey games and tests.
5. That leads us to either: you're scum, I'm scum. So obviously to me it proves you're scum.
1. What the hell? I'm talking about day 1 here, not day 2.
2. Scum can usually communicate before the game starts, but that doesn't matter anyways. You could have easily seen Tenchi online when you voted.
3. Please explain how the hell this has anything to do with what I said.
4. That's open to interpretation. The fact is that several times you would come in and make brief statements about what was going and then disappear. I believe at one point I called for a prod of you and almost immediately you began posting again. Not to mention, as Tenchi and SC pointed out, you were spending the majority of the day defending yourself, not making any suspicions(trying to keep yourself in the clear?). Your arguments weren't strong at all, either.
5. Yes but I think the evidence does point to a more likely scum you than a scum me.
At this point I know Hero is guilty with (this part isn't for sure) either Tenchi or Kiku as a scum buddy. Noting the amount of arguement between Tenchi and Hero as the late serial pointed out means that its highly unlikely, making Kiku the scumbuddy which would make sense as shes not voting for me or hero. However I still do not discount Tenchi.
Ok...wtf? First you say us arguing makes us scummy, and now it makes it highly unlikely. And then you say that even though Tenchi being scum is highly unlikely he is probably my partner? Contradictions galore. Why haven't we lynched you yet?
Not even close. How did you come to this conclusion?
Show
[b]RECORD:[/b]

[u]Wins[/u]: 1

[u]Losses[/u]: 0
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 9:36 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

hero wrote:Not even close. How did you come to this conclusion?
All three of the players with votes on them can't be scum which means there is a town on town vote in place as we speak. Wouldn't scumFeeres move to lynch? Its not foolproof, but it's not like I'm coming out of left-field here.

That said:
Unvote

Vote: Hockeyruler

Rereading the Hero/Tenchi exchange I would have to say that if they are scumbuddies, I am an albino elephant. Being convinced that Tenchi is scum makes Hockey his partner. Here's hopin'.
Hockeyruler
Hockeyruler
Townie
Hockeyruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by Hockeyruler »

Hero764 wrote:
4. I wasn't actively lurking, I have forgotten about this game and at that time I was busy with (C'mon you can guess Smile) hockey games and tests.
1. What the hell? I'm talking about day 1 here, not day 2.
As was I...

2. Scum can usually communicate before the game starts, but that doesn't matter anyways. You could have easily seen Tenchi online when you voted.
You know thats ludicrous. The luck of something like that happening is very low. Besides I don't even know if I can tell when he's online.

3. Please explain how the hell this has anything to do with what I said.
You said something about it being stupid to lynch someone who is confirmed town or something similar. I said its obvious hes town NOW...

4. That's open to interpretation. The fact is that several times you would come in and make brief statements about what was going and then disappear. I believe at one point I called for a prod of you and almost immediately you began posting again. Not to mention, as Tenchi and SC pointed out, you were spending the majority of the day defending yourself, not making any suspicions(trying to keep yourself in the clear?). Your arguments weren't strong at all, either.
Once again, thats open to interpretation, I think they're strong, you don't.

5. Yes but I think the evidence does point to a more likely scum you than a scum me.
Once again, interpretation (if you can use it I can too :D) Anyways, I dislike how you hounded tenchi for a while with not clear cut objective. Nobody else thought he looked that scummy except you...
replies in bold.
Hero wrote:
Ok...wtf? First you say us arguing makes us scummy, and now it makes it highly unlikely. And then you say that even though Tenchi being scum is highly unlikely he is probably my partner? Contradictions galore. Why haven't we lynched you yet?
The main reason I gave that arguement was because defending myself looked too suspicious apparently, so therefore attacking someone else wouldn't right? Besides as I said, as SERIAL POINTED OUT its too dangerous for either of you to do. You're pointing out things that I quite clearly either didn't really believe in even though I've said it plenty of times and I also gave another reason why (serial's thoughts)
Hero wrote:
Not even close. How did you come to this conclusion?
Because he has been a positive influence on the game! Constantly subjecting others is a great way to make people look at them and not you. Which is what you've been doing for a while.

It seems I might be voted out before I get another chance to really reply, it was nice playing with all of you :)
Feeres
Feeres
Goon
Feeres
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by Feeres »

Just replying to let you know that I'll be working on some analysis bit later. I've been horribly tired the past days, so my activity levels have dropped a bit.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 2:55 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Activity sucks. I can always move the deadline forward if that's what we need to do.

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 3:36 am

Post by Tenchi »

I am itching to hammer. This will be the last straw:

1. Feeres your "analysis is overdue". Post it soon.

2. I feel hammering because except for the OMGUS vote Hockey gave, he has no alternate reasons.

Use this time wisely. And use it now, Hockey.

(I have been busy too.)

kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2009 3:18 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

Your hesitancy is telling. Your threats are uncharacteristic.

unvote, Vote: Tenchi

You are obviously Hockey's partner.

Feeres: I am comfortable with you as town. Please pick a lynch and explain. I am pretty sure we are looking at Hockey/Tenchi. I will lynch either. If you have suspicion of Hero, I am open, but as far as I can tell, this one's in the bag.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2009 6:23 pm

Post by Tenchi »

I'm not stupid Kikuchiyo.

If I hammer now, I will be suspected of quickening the day again without giving Feeres a chance to do what he was supposed to do.

If I hammer later, you suspect me of being with Hockey, as if you are 100% sure he is scum.

I will do the responsible thing: give time to Feeres to post his thoughts and give a possible CitizenHockey a chance to defend.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 3:18 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

Tenchi wrote:I'm not stupid Kikuchiyo.

If I hammer now, I will be suspected of quickening the day again without giving Feeres a chance to do what he was supposed to do.

If I hammer later, you suspect me of being with Hockey, as if you are 100% sure he is scum.

I will do the responsible thing: give time to Feeres to post his thoughts and give a possible CitizenHockey a chance to defend.

Noone said you were stupid.
Feeres
Feeres
Goon
Feeres
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 4:17 am

Post by Feeres »

After rereading some of the posts Serial wrote, it would still seem reasonable to lynch Hockey. I haven't had the time to go through them in good detail, I'm for the weekend very busy with other things. I can only promise that the analysis comes on Monday.
Hockeyruler
Hockeyruler
Townie
Hockeyruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 6:05 am

Post by Hockeyruler »

Tenchi wrote:I'm not stupid Kikuchiyo.

I think shes more talking about not voting earlier, now it does make sense for you not to vote.
2. I feel hammering because except for the OMGUS vote Hockey gave, he has no alternate reasons.
Its not an omgus vote, as I've said before (and the same thing happened with the CJ lynch) I dislike the fact that Hero took up so much time arguing with you which did nothing for the town as a whole. Now he is focusing soley on me just like he did with Tenchi earlier. Not bothering to figure out a scum buddy except for what he has already said about Tenchi. Now that Tenchi is already suspected hes going to push for a lynch of me, and then a lynch of Tenchi, I would be amazed if something different didn't happen.
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 9:34 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

Hockeyruler wrote: Now that Tenchi is already suspected hes going to push for a lynch of me, and then a lynch of Tenchi, I would be amazed if something different didn't happen.
Lynching you if you are town would end the game. Looks like a scumslip. Are you fingering your partner here?
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by Hero764 »

Sorry I haven't been able to post, been busy with finals and stuff.
Its not an omgus vote, as I've said before (and the same thing happened with the CJ lynch) I dislike the fact that Hero took up so much time arguing with you which did nothing for the town as a whole. Now he is focusing soley on me just like he did with Tenchi earlier. Not bothering to figure out a scum buddy except for what he has already said about Tenchi. Now that Tenchi is already suspected hes going to push for a lynch of me, and then a lynch of Tenchi, I would be amazed if something different didn't happen.
Did nothing for the town? So what have you done for the town so far? And nice scumslip(as kiku pointed out).

Anyways I think its pretty obvious hockey is scum. He's been given more than enough time to defend himself, and no one disagrees. Someone should hammer.
Show
[b]RECORD:[/b]

[u]Wins[/u]: 1

[u]Losses[/u]: 0
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

Unvote, Vote: Hockeyruler

That's back to L-1. I agree with the hammer. Good luck tonight!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 2:01 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

I am going to Disney World Tuesday through Thursday, and I won't get to modding duties until Friday.

Hockeyruler
Hockeyruler
Townie
Hockeyruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 3:29 am

Post by Hockeyruler »

well it seems that you all will have to spare me till friday :D

Been fun playing with you all

Have fun Koon (is it okay if I call you Koon?)
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 8:32 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Feeres wrote:After rereading some of the posts Serial wrote, it would still seem reasonable to lynch Hockey. I haven't had the time to go through them in good detail, I'm for the weekend very busy with other things. I can only promise that the analysis comes on Monday.
:?:

Feeres
Feeres
Goon
Feeres
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 10:36 pm

Post by Feeres »

Tenchi wrote:
Feeres wrote:After rereading some of the posts Serial wrote, it would still seem reasonable to lynch Hockey. I haven't had the time to go through them in good detail, I'm for the weekend very busy with other things. I can only promise that the analysis comes on Monday.
:?:
Yeah, I've been reading this thread again and again for couple of days now. It just would be so logical to lynch Hockey based on the reasons people and especially Serial have pointed out. I am hesitant to vote yet because there is this nagging doubt about things being too simple, but I think that the slip Hockey posted just has to be true.

I'll hammer Hockey tomorrow when Vel-Rahn Koon gets back, just in case there is something people still have left to say so waiting for the mod to come back before hammering. If he isn't scum and the two scum players are for example kiku and Hero, I'll have to say it was a damn well played game by the mafia compared to town.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 1:12 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

16 Hours to Deadline
Vote Count

Hockeyruler - 2 (Hero764, kikuchiyo)

Not Voting - 2 (Tenchi, Feeres)

3 to Lynch.
Deadline

Feeres
Feeres
Goon
Feeres
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Feeres »

With nothing more to add, I'll hammer as I said.

Vote: Hockeyruler
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Final Vote Count

Hockeyruler - 3 (Hero764, kikuchiyo, Feeres)

Not Voting - 1 (Tenchi)

3 to Lynch.
Deadline

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”