X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (isolation #1) » Sun May 17, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by X »

Seraphim wrote:
I tell you now so we can work together to save the right people and block the right people at night. aye[/quote]So, rather than using your own personal judgement on abilities and such, you would rather have the town and
possibly
scum coordinate your night actions for you?[/quote]Fixed. Just did some quick meta on Mufasa, but it seems like he's made some pretty ridiculous plays in the past before.
Mufasa wrote:I am claiming now to give the town two free lynches to try to get scum. by claiming now I will hopefully draw a night kill tonight and use my doctor ability then we will have another day tm to have another go at a lynch. I also have two more abilities including roleblocking.
You know that scum can read this too, right? And that traditionally Doctors can't self-protect?
OozingGolfBall wrote:Hi guys. I am a alt. Feel free to start the guessing game.
roflcopter, why, oh why could this be grounds for a lynch?

And I think Korts and Seraphim can stand to cool it until everyone arrives.

Mod, vote count please?
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (isolation #2) » Tue May 19, 2009 8:36 am

Post by X »

ekiM wrote:Seraphim asking for reasons for votes feels weird.
I agree. He questioned a lot of the random votes as to why they were where they were. It may just be nothing, but it seems odd.
roflcopter wrote:its a question of motivation. claiming out of the clear blue sky on day one before a serious wagon has even really taken off on anyone is undeniably stupid, and will bring the house down on your head. scum do not want that kind of attention. they can't afford that kind of attention. therefore it is beyond silly to believe that any scum, experienced or otherwise, would do what he did. the fact that he is clearly an inexperienced player lends further credence to the fact that his ability to convincingly fakeclaim probably isn't well developed, and the way he's been explaining his claim really seems like a truthful misunderstanding of the way his one shot doctor ability is supposed to work, not to mention he specifies that his list of abilities does not exactly match the list given in the sample pms.
You're arguing that it would be a stupid choice as scum, therefore he wouldn't do it? It's a stupid choice as town, so he might do it either way. It's possible that he's eager to get his fakeclaim aired, but I haven't seen him claim so early in his meta.
OozingGolfBall wrote:I'd love to hear some reasons why I'm scum besides you pile of wifom that is your misrep of my first post.
Yay asking other people to play the game for you!
skitzer wrote:Well that's what I feel like. I have a weakness for making hasty generalizations.
This was in response to an accusation about presenting a false dichotomy between two people. Your response doesn't justify, and barely explains your behavior.

Axelrod's catches in 182-3 are convincing.
Mufasa wrote:I seriously don't understand how I could be scum, or why you would lynch a townie when you know pretty damn well is a townie.
You're not that convincing. Your meta is in your favor...but yeah, you're not seeming very town.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (isolation #3) » Wed May 20, 2009 10:43 am

Post by X »

Seraphim wrote:X: Questioning random votes ends the random stage and gets discussion flowing. It's like self-voting or OMGUS in the random voting stage except discussion can sometimes be relevant.
Yeah, but it's overeager to seriously question 2 random votes 12 minutes into the game, especially when they're pretty obviously random. It wasn't like either of the votes that you questioned were suspicious - or did you think so?
Mufasa wrote:Second, this is my first big game that isn't a theme game, so I wanted to use a different strategy when I found out about my power role, and seeing some familiar faces I knew some of you would go back on my meta and say oh he is just a stupid fool, well I'm not. There is always a reason for my madness, I love to see peoples reactions and can pretty much get a good tell for them on how they react to my gameplay.
Okay, this is getting less and less believable. This was a strategy for reactions? I'm pretty sure that you've hurt the Town more than hurt it, if you indeed are Town. So if this was your ingenious master plan, what have you learned?
Unvote: OGB
Vote: Mufasa
Mufasa wrote:From what I have gathered certain players who look at ways to lynch/vig me seem to pop out as scum
This is called "OMGUS."
ekiM wrote:Anyone keeping their vote on Mufasa: please explain why you think he would be a good lynch for today. How informative would his lynch be? How likely do you think it is that we have a vig? Do you think Mufasa would make a better vig kill than a lynch?
I don't see the functional difference between a vig kill and a lynch. In terms of information, this argument right now is generating information. How informative a Day is depends on how often people post, how often they include original insights, and how long it takes, not who dies.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (isolation #4) » Thu May 21, 2009 10:07 am

Post by X »

alvinz wrote:2. OGB is a waste of space and posts to the town as scum and a 'tard.
Huh?

alvinz, I think your analysis is pointless. You just pointed out 2 people who you think are town.
FoS: alvinz
. SCUMHUNT!
charter wrote:FOS Mixologist for 221. That post was a huge pile of fitting in with the crowd.
QFT.
ekiM wrote:
X wrote:
ekiM wrote:Anyone keeping their vote on Mufasa: please explain why you think he would be a good lynch for today. How informative would his lynch be? How likely do you think it is that we have a vig? Do you think Mufasa would make a better vig kill than a lynch?
I don't see the functional difference between a vig kill and a lynch. In terms of information, this argument right now is generating information. How informative a Day is depends on how often people post, how often they include original insights, and how long it takes, not who dies.
I think taking someone all the way up to a lynch generates a lot of information because if a lynch is actually a realistic prospect then people have to take firmer stances. When someone is at 3 votes, someone putting the fourth vote on doesn't make much difference, and you can't read all that much into their action. Someone willing to put someone to L-1 or to hammer is taking a stronger stance and giving more useful information about what they're willing to do. Similarly if people start hopping off or on when a wagon heats up, that's informative.

If someone is vigged, it's the decision of one guy. There's no bandwagon-to-lynch, so it's harder to tell just how firm people's positions on someone were.

With someone like Mufasa who makes a dumb and anti-town move but has a meta of doing so, it's genuinely hard to tell whether he's town or scum. Taking a stance one way or the other is really mostly gut, and can be explained easily either way. Nobody is going to stand up and defend him, so there's nothing much to be learned either way from whether people say that they think we may as well lynch him today, or that we have bigger fish to fry.
Gotcha. Vig it is.
Unvote: Mufasa
charter wrote:
Korts wrote:The claim is confirmable, a likely NK target, and has been executed by a newbie with precedent of, um, let's call it unorthodox play as town; Seraphim's vote, in this context, is opportunistic and scummy.

PEOPLE CALLING FOR A MUFASA LYNCH/VIG ARE SCUMMY. I'll compile a list of these people later.
Um, no. Not one thing about his claim is confirmable.
QFT.
inHimshallibe wrote:My votes on voteleaders are most of the time for the sake of voting on voteleaders.
For the sake of voting on voteleaders? Scum slip.
Vote: IHSIB
populartajo wrote:X - seems a good analyzer. I dont like this:
x wrote:Okay, this is getting less and less believable. This was a strategy for reactions? I'm pretty sure that you've hurt the Town more than hurt it, if you indeed are Town. So if this was your ingenious master plan, what have you learned? Unvote: OGB, Vote: Mufasa.
Do you think Mufasa is town or not?
Right now I think he's probably scum, but not definitely. Most of that doubt is because his meta shows really bad play, but his confusion over his own role and his claim that this was an ingenious strategy to catch scum. His legitimate scumhunting totals 0 at this point. He's not gonna help the Town, that's for sure, and thus should die. ekiM convinced me that it's better to NK him than Lynch him, but I did not realize this when I posted aforementioned vote.
populartajo wrote:inHimshallibe - i get a "i vote whoever i feel like to" vibe from his posts. Slightly townie here. Would be good to hear more from him.
Why is the first point good?
populartajo wrote:OozingGolfBall - I dont get the hate OGB is getting for asking to guess his alt. Damn, it was random stage. I can buy some of the agressive players here will be over him, though. This lynch is not as optymal as you imply to be. How is he different than other "quality" posters? Ill analyse his wagon later.
Do you consider OGB a quality poster?
roflcopter wrote:mufasa has seven votes when he should have none
because he is a town power role
Why are you so sure of this?
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (isolation #5) » Fri May 22, 2009 9:38 am

Post by X »

roflcopter wrote:@X - gut
Ew. I don't understand gut, don't think I ever will.
skitzer wrote:
roflcopter wrote:i would like to see all of the people voting any of ogb, skitzer and seraphim decide on a consensus candidate and pile all of the votes that are spread between these three onto one of them. much better way of doing business.
But the point is for people to push their opinions on the people they find scummiest and persuade others to join them. This sounds like an urgency to finish the day. Also, this list is bias to your personal suspects.
QFT.
iamausername wrote:
X wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote:My votes on voteleaders are most of the time for the sake of voting on voteleaders.
For the sake of voting on voteleaders? Scum slip. Vote: IHSIB.
Wait, where's the slip? I'm pretty sure he meant to say exactly what he said.
Voting voteleaders is bandwagoning simply to bandwagon. Beyond the RVS, primarily scum do this to get a quicker lynch.
roflcopter wrote:
here be the scums

ogb
skitzer
caboose
seraphim
axelrod
x
howardroark

keep in mind that obviously i don't think there are seven scum in this game (at least, i certainly hope there are not seven scum) but i'm very confident in saying that a large percentage of this list are scum.

i did some re-reading and noticed a boatload of instances of seraphim buddying up to me / appealing to me as an authority
I agree with less than half of these, and am undecided on about as many. Would you care to explain any (or better yet, all) of these?
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (isolation #6) » Sat May 23, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by X »

Except, roflcopter, his meta shows that he's done similarly as town. And it doesn't take long to check, I promise.

IHSIB is definitely reading scum to me. He's barely explaining himself, unclear, and sometimes contradictory. He also seems to want to end the Day.

His first post:
inHimshallibe wrote:
vote: Caboose

I'll be back maybe tomorrow, but I'm checking in and putting my vote on the most likely scum that I see. Mostly the doublespeak on voting OGB and reactions to Mufasa is my reasoning.
When he later clarifies "doublespeak," he says:
inHimshallibe wrote:Doublespeak, to clarify, would be Caboose's alvinz spiel, which I more or less see as fencesitting (one of my favorite words in my mafia vernacular).
Caboose never gave a spiel, so he's referring to something non-existent as his definition.
inHimshallibe wrote:
Seraphim wrote:rofl: I dunno, rofl. You haven't seen Mufasa's past play. I've certainly been weighing whether or not he's town in my head.

Unvote
Don't like the speed of this wagon at all. Mufasa is definitely still my #1 suspect but pressuring him with votes isn't going to do any good.
unvote
vote: Seraphim

What is there to pressure Mufasa about anyway? I don't like how you've backed off his lynch train.
This is what I call doublespeak - saying there's nothing to pressure Player A about, and not liking that Player B stopped pressuring Player A.
inHimshallibe wrote:Since a consolidation has been requested, and I very much like the idea, I'll go ahead and

unvote
vote: OGB

In other news, HowardRoark and Korts are probably the same faction.
1. Goes along with the idea of only voting for voteleaders to end Day earlier.
2. Gives a statement without supporting it.
inHimshallibe wrote:Shameless bandwagoning.

unvote
vote: Mufasa

Bring 'em out, bring 'em out.
Shameless bandwagoning is a scumtell in my book, outside of RVS (or deadline, but that's actually reluctant bandwagoning).
inHimshallibe wrote:Hmmm, I actually don't like my vote now.

Given the high modularity (holy hell, that's a word?) of the game, I'm going to attribute Mufasa's role as a credit to TDC's innovation as a mod.

I'm normally pretty cut-and-dry on my LAL policy, but I'm thinking it's pretty obvious Mufasa is town. To those of you who have said this before, sorry good buddies, I'm a few pages behind on the times.

I agree with Korts that Mufasa is helpful to the town alive rather than dead, but I'm not so keen on pushing votes on charter or ekiM, who I think are just headstrong town at the moment.

Looking back at some of the wagon patterns on Mufasa, I'm returning to my Seraphim vote.

unvote
vote: Seraphim
I believe that whether Mufasa is town or not, he is helpful to the scum while alive.
He wants to end the day soon and/or only joins cases that others have elaborated for him.
inHimshallibe wrote:
skitzer wrote:
inHimishallbe on Page 10 wrote:Shameless bandwagoning.

unvote
vote: Mufasa

Bring 'em out, bring 'em out.
Inhimishallbe on Page 11 wrote:I'm a few pages behind on the times.
You're behind, yet willing to "shamelessly bandwagon"?
Unvote, vote inHimshallibe
You've taken the second quote out of context. Also, it pretty obviously doesn't mean what you're implying.

"behind on the times" reads as "late to the party"

FOS
, for what good those do.
I don't understand this post.
inHimshallibe wrote:
skitzer wrote:But the problem with Mufasa's claim is how he claimed it. he claimed under no pressure,
After reviewing the thread, I think this is just a case of bad play.
and clearly didn't have a good hold of what his role actulaly was,
Again, this is most likely just bad play.
No elaboration whatsoever.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (isolation #7) » Sat May 23, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by X »

Mufasa wrote:I am finding things are going pretty slow and I believe if OGB is town then we will have to check around tm.
Do you seriously think that we should end D1 now?
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (isolation #8) » Wed May 27, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by X »

I love it when I'm right! I also really like the # of dead mafiosi!
Seraphim wrote:Looks like there are definitely two Mafia teams now. I am a little more hesitant to lynch Mufasa now...but I definitely want to see the "reads" he supposedly got yesterday. Also, what ability he used and who he used it on, please.
QFT.

Caboose, is there anyone else you see as suspicious other than alvinz.

roflcopter, what makes you think that Axelrod was bussing OGB?

DD is looking pretty bad right now.
Mufasa wrote:Strangely enough I agree with tubby's list of suspicious characters. Everyone should take a good look at them
Care to elaborate? I'm most curious about why you're suspicious of SpyreX, but other information could be nice too...
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (isolation #9) » Thu May 28, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by X »

@roflcopter's 352, I can't understand how you find it scummy to have had some sort of pause before lynching OGB. I stick by my statement that OGB's first post alone was not enough to warrant a lynch. The other quote that you said was my defense of OGB was legit:
roflcopter wrote:
x wrote:Except, roflcopter, his meta shows that he's done similarly as town. And it doesn't take long to check, I promise.
obvious, obvious last ditch defense of the scum, posted directly after my long and involved case. posted alongside this zinger is a big fat case against inhim, which looks like one last attempt to get an alternative wagon going to save ogb.
1. Did you look at the meta? I highly doubt it, otherwise you would see this as a legitimate observation. Or you think that everyone who is not suspicious of scum is scum...
2. You seem to be disappointed that I posted a case against IHSIB.

I can actually see roflcopter being Russian Mafia, bussing hard through D1 to get town points. Your certainty in his guilt was crazy. Also considering darkdude as another Russian Mafioso, as rofl completely ignored him and chalked him up to being town.

I remember Adel saying something as Town that scum often say the names of people they are connected with more often. Looking at the dead Italian Mafiosi from this light, Seraphim does look like scum.
Axelrod wrote:rofl: I'm liking a lot of what you are saying at the moment (comments directed at me excepted), and you can pat yourself on the back all you like about OGB, but the fact is the case you were pushing, starting from his very first post, was never as strong as you were acting like it was. Certainly not at the beginning. OGB posted six times in the entire game, one line posts, and three of those were on Day 1. It wasn't until his post #5 that it started to look real bad. Calling out everyone who didn't jump on him instantly is fairly well ridiculous.
QFT.
charter wrote:
roflcopter wrote:
axelrod wrote:OGB: you have been accused of trying to distract the town by getting people to guess your "real" identity. You have been further accused of ignoring complaints against you and failing to contribute anything to the game. How do you plead?
axelrod appears to be coaching ogb into not playing like a bonehead, as if it will save him at this point
Axelrod wrote:Well, I wanted to hear OGB say something and this is what he said:
OozingGolfBall wrote:
Mufasa wrote:You may be the more retarded than me, wow you level of comprehension in that last statement was next to none. Seriously look at your pm and look at the examples they don't state much of an ability.
I agree with this. I think Starbuck is another member.
Vote axelrod

I think I messed up that second one, but I agree with rofl's first two coaching points.
How did Starbuck have anything to do with the part that you quoted?
Korts wrote:I agree with the Upper Roccisi Neighbourhood claiming.
Seraphim wrote:
I feel like partially claiming
... So, I will. I am a member of the Lower Roccisi Neighborhood. My neighbor doesn't need to claim and confirm me if he doesn't want to out himself. Discuss.
Um, what good does claiming Neighbor do? IHSIB was a Neighbor and scum.

Mufasa, I'm thinking you're town more now. But that doesn't mean I don't want you to explain yourself. Your "sneaking suspicions" need explaining.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (isolation #10) » Sat May 30, 2009 3:16 am

Post by X »

Seraphim wrote:
X wrote:Um, what good does claiming Neighbor do? IHSIB was a Neighbor and scum.
Because I find it extremely unlikely that two of these groups exist. I knew when I received the neighbor role that there was most likely going to be a scum mason group. I seriously doubt there would be two which is why I'm fairly sure my partner is town. Hopefully, my partner will come to the same conclusion.
This is outguessing the mod, which I don't plan to partake in until many more roles have been revealed.
Axelrod wrote:
Seraphim wrote:Good Votes:
Rofl - has laid out a case against me being linked to ThAdmiral...I'll get to debunking this case later in this post.

Korts - You don't give up, do you? Rather than saying that everything I say is scummy, why not actually post a case? Are all my posts scummy? Why? Please, enlighten me.
Why do you have Korts listed under "good votes?" This doesn't read like you think it's a good vote.
This deserves a response.
charter wrote:
X wrote:How did Starbuck have anything to do with the part that you quoted?
It didn't.
Then elaborate on
charter wrote: I think Starbuck is another member.
Member of what? And why?
Korts wrote:
X wrote:I can actually see roflcopter being Russian Mafia, bussing hard through D1 to get town points. Your certainty in his guilt was crazy. Also considering darkdude as another Russian Mafioso, as rofl completely ignored him and chalked him up to being town.

I remember Adel saying something as Town that scum often say the names of people they are connected with more often. Looking at the dead Italian Mafiosi from this light, Seraphim does look like scum.
Don't these two hypotheses contradict each other? If you suspect darkdude and rofl to be connected based on the fact that roflcopter ignored darkdude, and then you state that Seraphim is scummy because the dead Italians mentioned him often, there's a problem with your logic.
I see where you're coming from, but they are both extremes that look different than Town play. Ignoring a lurker and later calling him town is being overly forgiving, which makes them connected (Seraphim ==> darkdude). Consistently talking about someone without condemning them means you have that person stuck in your mind more, which can be a sign of connection as well (IHSIB ==> Seraphim; ThAdmiral ==> Seraphim is a weaker connection).
Starbuck wrote:If I was OGB's scum buddy, why would I have voted for him?
This is called bussing.
Seraphim wrote:I think I agree that darkdude looks more like inept town than scum right now.
You've already stated this.
HowardRoark wrote:Perhaps for the fact that he was almost nonexistent yesterday and has yet to appear today.
I think both of you need to contribute more.
Seraphim wrote:
SpyreX wrote:Bolding properly is tech

Unvote, Vote: Seraphim
So, absolutely no comment on my defense? What exactly is your reasoning for voting me?
Read the thread.

Starbuck could very well be scum, but she also does not have a very helpful meta.
Vote: Seraphim
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (isolation #11) » Sun May 31, 2009 5:58 am

Post by X »

SpyreX wrote:I'm strong in my convictions because I'm right.
SpyreX wrote:I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P
Caboose wrote:Can I drop the hammer now, or does anyone insist on an alvinz claim?
I insist.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (isolation #12) » Sun May 31, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by X »

alvinz, we don't know if Caboose is telling the truth, but if he claims inside knowledge that you're scum, at least one of you has to be scum. And it's not like it's LYLO where we have to figure out which one of you is telling the truth. Finally, you haven't looked for scum.
alvinz95 wrote:Lets take a look at the voters:

alvinz95 (9): HowardRoark, roflcopter, SpyreX, darkdude, Axelrod, Mufasa, tubby216, Starbuck, ekiM

Only roflcopter and SpyreX have posted original content. The rest have either wagonned, done little, or have acted scummy.

Does this look like a valid lynch? HOW THE FUCK DO WE KNOW THAT CABOOSE IS TOWN, WHEN HE IS CLEARLY SCUM?
So HowardRoark, darkdude, Axelrod, Mufasa, tubby216, Starbuck, and ekiM are scum? You must see where this argument falls short.
Vote: alvinz95
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by X »

darkdude wrote:Regarding me "last ditch attempt to save Alvinz"

Actually, I reread the rules before doing this. The rules say unvotes were not necessary, so by that time I already knew that Alvinz was the lynch.

The reason I did that was because I actually did think that Alvinz's "post-lynch" post made him likely to be town, and Caboose was somehow wrong. In which case, my attempt to save Alvinz would appear pro-town after the flip.

Yes, I actually faked my play to try to look pro-town. Why? Well I'm seriously sucking ass in this game and can't play well or even make much of an effort. First time playing a Large game, I think the reason for this is I can't concentrate on this many players.
Vote: darkdude
. Did you spend all Night coming up with this? I really can't believe it.
tubby216 wrote:i am rolf's mason partner
Caboose wrote:tubby's either godfather or town.
Unless someone counterclaims who isn't already present, tubby is 100% confirmed. Mixologist really needs to pipe up - he's been gone for almost a week now (although 3 of those were Night...). I still see no reason for neighbors to claim.

I promise more over the weekend. It's been a busy week, and my two other games (one modded, one playing) had a ton of activity recently, by virtue of ending.
Seraphim wrote:Caboose, who do you plan on investigating tonight?
I don't see what pro-town goal this accomplishes.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:36 am

Post by X »

Wow, lot of activity since I last posted. darkdude is still definitely scum, but nothing has developed in terms of him since then.

Now, Seraphim...

No point in keeping this secret.
I'm Seraphim's
only
neighbor, in the Lower Roccisi Neighborhood
. The
group
has a Soloist Vigilante ability. So his claim is possibly true, although I'm not certain that he's Town. I'm not claiming the rest of my role.

So I did a re-read of the game, focusing on anything that included Seraphim.

Just noticed that Korts singled out Seraphim for jumping on Mufasa, when he didn't do it to charter. Odd.
Korts wrote:
Seraphim wrote:inHimshallIbe: I'm sorry but your first post reads scum to me...
Why apologize for a read on alignment? Are you shyly bussing?
Italian tell on Seraphim.
Seraphim wrote:Before you insult people, perhaps you could try scumhunting yourself? Seeing as, you know, your few posts only outline people as stupid, not scum. Now that you've outed the stupid people, maybe you can out the scum too?
To alvinz95, so a not-Russian tell.
inHimshallibe wrote:Looking back at some of the wagon patterns on Mufasa, I'm returning to my Seraphim vote.
A not-Italian tell.
ekiM wrote:
Seraphim wrote:EkiM: I wasn't worried. Mufasa was going to have no lack of votes sO I decided to pressure another player instead who is another lead of possible scum. Why are so intent on seeing Mufasa lynched so early in the game?
That's a nice explanation except that it's false. In 151 you asked a couple of people weak questions and unvoted mufasa saying "I don't like the speed of this wagon". 156 was defense. In 181 You voted skitzer, thanking rofl for giving you a target. So no, you didn't unvote Mufasa to pressure another player. Why lie?
A generic scumtell.

Some valid points at the beginning of roflcopter's 356 = Italian tells.

Unnecessary Neighbor claim = generic scumtell.
Seraphim, post 405 wrote:I think I agree that darkdude looks more like inept town than scum right now.
Well, this opinion changed. Let's see where/why it changes. Okay, it's based on the alvinz95 flip.
X wrote:
Axelrod wrote:
Seraphim wrote:Good Votes:
Rofl - has laid out a case against me being linked to ThAdmiral...I'll get to debunking this case later in this post.

Korts - You don't give up, do you? Rather than saying that everything I say is scummy, why not actually post a case? Are all my posts scummy? Why? Please, enlighten me.
Why do you have Korts listed under "good votes?" This doesn't read like you think it's a good vote.
This deserves a response.
Don't think this got a response.
Seraphim wrote:Why did I claim? It decreased the probability of me being scum. Alvinz's flip decreased that chance again
The first part is a little scummy (him coming to that conclusion so quickly), but I'm more apt to believe that he's town with 2 dead Mafiosi/Neighbors.
Seraphim wrote:I want to know if he plans on investigating me tonight. He may or may not get a guilty depending on what investigative role he actually has.
Still bad rolefishing.

I have no real conclusion. darkdude's more likely scum (Russian) than Seraphim (Italian), but they're not mutually exclusive. Seraphim looks somewhat scummy in my eyes, partially based on what he said Today. However, I didn't want people calling the things that he has claimed a scumtell, because I know it's not. When he claimed...yeah.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (isolation #15) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:01 am

Post by X »

Axelrod wrote:Seraphim and X claiming Soloist vigilantes looks good for both of them, in as much as if one were scum the other would have been very likely to have killed his neighbor already to get access to the vig. shot.
Oh, right. Didn't think about that.
charter wrote:Paraphrase of your nighttalk Seraphim and X.
SpyreX, you've called ekiM and me tech. What does that mean?
Korts wrote:
X wrote:Just noticed that Korts singled out Seraphim for jumping on Mufasa, when he didn't do it to charter. Odd.
Well, to be fair, I remember telling charter to quit pushing a likely town wagon; but I'm pretty familiar with charter's play, and this is not uncharacteristic of him.
I can't find this in your ISO.

I'm gonna run my paraphrase past TDC before posting it.

Nothing else has really developed since I last posted, as far as I can tell.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (isolation #16) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:10 am

Post by X »

Okay, SpyreX. And I just thought of something else. charter, what do you hope to gain by asking us to each post a paraphrase?
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (isolation #17) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by X »

Seraphim wrote:I think HR is Russian and either
DD
or Mike are the last
Italian
Are you reading the same game as I am?

Nighttalk Paraphrase
Night 0

Seraphim: Hi!
X: What's the point of this if you're scum?
Seraphim: Eh, whatever. Any abilities that you have that I should know about?
Night 1

X:
Excised.
You?
Seraphim:
Excised.
Didn't expect OGB as scum. Who do you think is scum?
X: roflcopter, alvinz, IHSIB. And I have no idea about Mufasa. Also didn't see OGB as either scum or town. I think the speed of this game coupled with my inexperience with Large games is hurting my scumhunting.
Seraphim: I see rofl as a Cop w/Guilty.
Night 2

Seraphim: Look, there's another Mafia Neighbor. What's the chance that I'm mafia now? I doubt you are. Probably 1 scum left per group. Wanna try a gambit?
X: It definitely decreased the chance, but I'm not ruling it out. How are you sure about the 1 scum thing? And I'm very cautious about gambits, but shoot.
Seraphim: Never mind. Too many problems in the gambit. And I'm not sure, but it's unfeasible to have two 4-man mafias. And if alvinz was a motivator, how did we only get 1 kill N0? And do you think Caboose is town?
X: I see your point about balance, but I won't rule out 4 and 4. alvinz was a multitasker. As far as Caboose goes, the alvinz flip makes me sort of trust him. I will be surprised if he doesn't die Tonight. But the mod could have given an investigation to a mafioso. But other than his clairvoyant predictions, he hasn't contributed much. What do you think of him?

HowardRoark, you have not participated a grand amount in this game so far, understandably because of V/LA. However, I was not impressed by your case on populartajo, and you never gave long posts upon returning from V/LA. So, I have a few questions for you:
1. What do you think of darkdude?
2. What do you think of Seraphim and my claim?
3. You were voting for Korts for the vast majority of D1. How has your opinion of him changed between now and then?
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:17 am

Post by X »

SpyreX wrote:.... Wow. If that is an accurate paraphrase it just reeks of scum.
On which side?
HowardRoark wrote:
X wrote:I was not impressed by your case on populartajo
That's fine . . . I'm not looking for anyone's kudos. It's my method.
But you should be trying to convince me.
Lowell wrote:I've started my reread. No one hammer in the next 24 hours, please. I don't want to not get my thoughts out there before night.
Fair enough.
Unvote: darkdude
Korts wrote:X: this post addresses charter's obsession with Mufasa, among others.
But why are they 12 pages apart?
HowardRoark wrote:And that is how the weak case works . . . suddenly we get Korts boiling it down to OMGUS and iamusername tearing it apart. Do those two names sound familiar? Oh yeah, they were on my watch list. All just pieces of the puzzle.
Do you address the criticisms? No. Just who is doing the criticizing. This is called ad hominem, it is a logical fallacy, and I believe that it is a scumtell when it is someone's only defense.
FoS: HowardRoark

(I Am, I know that you hate FoSing without having a vote on someone, but you're just gonna have to accept it, because I don't want the Day to end just yet).
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (isolation #19) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:22 am

Post by X »

HowardRoark wrote:The "connection" between alvinz95 and I: I have already said that is hilarious because it would be a horrible play for a scum to implicate a partner in such a method. Those putting stock in this "connection" are on the wrong side of this.

My mistakes concerning populartajo's scum list are honest. I have admitted these mistakes. What more do you want from me on that?

As for me drawing attention away from darkdude, I can see that some people may see it that way. My point was that populartajo has been repeatedly asking for my lynch. I have not called for someone else to be lynched in darkdude's place. I don't mind his lynch as I don't have a better candidate at this point.

The OMGUS comment stems from the fact that my second allegation was not addressed.

The idea is for populartajo to react to my case in order to have a better read on him. The bonus is when others do it for him. That's how real connections are made.
Just because it's horrible play doesn't mean it's impossible to be done. You "wouldn't mind" lynching your best candidate for scum? That's really odd.
darkdude wrote:Excuse me
for feeling guilty
for being a useless player.
Fixed. And this is assuming that you're town, which is unlikely.

Lowell, perhaps the whole first part of your post helped you, but I got nothing out of it. Don't like this:
Lowell wrote:3) Some pro-town players:
Spy
populartajo
caboose
tubby
You've heard this before: don't tell the scum who to kill. And although I wouldn't prefer that you were voting me, it is very odd what Korts pointed out at the end of 662. And as I've said before, I hadn't seen OGB either way.

Vote: darkdude
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:20 am

Post by X »

Caboose wrote:Howard is godfather or town.
Korts wrote:Nothing else, then.
This doesn't seem like surprise to me.

Me? I think that HowardRoark could very likely be the Russian Godfather.
TDC wrote:
darkdude, Vanilla Townie, Town
*facepalm*

Need to look at I Am's posts.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (isolation #21) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:42 am

Post by X »

Korts wrote:
X wrote:*facepalm*
What purpose does this comment serve?
None, really. It's just a generic demonstration of my frustration with anti-town players with Town roles. I've encountered way to many of them for my liking.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:53 am

Post by X »

iamausername wrote:
HowardRoark wrote:If you have any experience with alvinz95 (or many other good scum players), you know that this is a great tactic: blow up and make a damning statement, such as this, on a town player to divert away from the partner.
Except that alvinz is not a good scum player (or any other kind of good player).
This makes me think that HowardRoark is not Russian. :(

In other news, he did mention Seraphim a lot D1, and two other players that he mentioned a lot during D1 were: alvinz95 and OGB...
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (isolation #23) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:46 am

Post by X »

Korts wrote:
ISO 11
quotes the post in which
X
votes alvinz; the vote itself is preceded by a weak strawman of an argument
How is it a strawman, and how did I not hear about it being a strawman from you before?
Korts wrote:Now, consider that
none
of the dead players so far on his wagon are scum. The players whose alignment we still don't know are: HowardRoark, SpyreX, ekiM, X. I find it unlikely that a Russian wouldn't bus this wagon hard after Caboose's claim
I actually think that it would be more likely for an Italian to be on the wagon, seeing as it was someone legitimately scummy, and competition with them. Plus, it's entirely possible that there is no 4th Russian.

I think it's more worthwhile to look for standalone scumtells or Italian tells at this point, because we've killed 3 Russians and only 2 Italians.
Korts wrote:I also think, however, that his final outcry was a last ditch attempt at helping his faction, and under the guise of frustration he tried to plant some seeds of paranoia. So according to this logic, there's either one or
two
Russian scum between Howard/SpyreX/ekiM/X.
I have no experience with Large Normal games, but wouldn't a 5-man mafia be a bit extreme for 24 players?

Seraphim, why are you suspicious of ekiM?
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (isolation #24) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:19 am

Post by X »

Korts wrote:
alvinz95 wrote:Only roflcopter and SpyreX have posted original content. The rest have either wagonned, done little, or have acted scummy.
X wrote:So HowardRoark, darkdude, Axelrod, Mufasa, tubby216, Starbuck, and ekiM are scum? You must see where this argument falls short. Vote: alvinz95.
alvinz says: "the rest are all either wagoners, reactive, or scummy". You say: "ah, so you say the rest are all scummy! HA! Vote" If you can't see how this argument is obviously broken, I can't help you.
Oh, okay. I see where you're coming from. I was more responding to this statement of alvinz's:
alvinz95 wrote:Does this look like a valid lynch?
That statement implies that it is scum-driven; that the majority of people on the lynch are scum.
Korts wrote:X: what do you think of Seraphim?
I've been sort of suspicious of him for a while. Most of my opinion of him hasn't changed since my neighbor claim of him. No one has explained to me why the nighttalk between us is indicative of him being scum, but I can understand not explaining until after Seraphim does his paraphrase.

ekiM, the thing I found odd about you was that you voted alvinz95 to L-1 in your first post of D2. You didn't want to slow down and ask anyone questions about their actions so far in D2?

populartajo comes to conclusions quickly in his lists, shown by some of the flips that he put on the opposite side of their alignment. No matter. His latest case against Caboose, I'm afraid, probably falls into this category as well. It's a long shot, but he's helped us so far.

Seraphim is a possible Italian, as previously described.

Korts pretty strongly defended OGB throughout his first few ISO posts. He also attacked Seraphim for...well...I'm not even sure. Padding his posts in the early stage? He does switch back to OGB when it becomes obvious that OGB isn't helping, which makes sense no matter what his alignment is. Just noticed that this statement sounds like from someone with knowledge:
Korts wrote:
ekiM wrote:... then it's a pretty reasonable assumption that the night zero death was caused by the compulsive vig.
No, it's not reasonable to assume that the mafia don't have any Night 0 shots. Not reasonable at all.
Other than this, I don't see much that points to his intentions being pro-mafia, although his play doesn't seem normal to me. I should probably check on his meta sometime.

Lowell's most recent post I really don't understand. Mixologist was sporadic in his posting. I am very decidedly undecided on his alignment.

HowardRoark could potentially be a Russian Godfather, which would fit with the whole TDC liking symmetry, but I Am discredited the possibility that HowardRoark was
not
linked to alvinz95.

charter looks town enough to me.

SpyreX's opinions haven't changed much since post 196. That piques my suspicion a bit, because in the game that I was Mafia, I wrote a suspicion list early in the game, and referred back to it before writing posts. SpyreX is still suspicious of HowardRoark and Seraphim, albeit for more developed reasons. SpyreX, what do you think of Korts and Lowell?

Caboose is a Cop, no way around it. His alignment is probably town, but we can't be certain.
Caboose, you need to scumhunt more. You've contented yourself with mostly posting investigation results and the occasional post to show your presence. Who do you think is scum?
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (isolation #25) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:30 am

Post by X »

populartajo wrote:
X wrote:His (Caboose) alignment is probably town
Why?
Because Cops usually are. That's the meta.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (isolation #26) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:50 am

Post by X »

populartajo wrote:
X wrote:
populartajo wrote:
X wrote:His (Caboose) alignment is probably town
Why?
Because Cops usually are. That's the meta.
facepalm.

can you say the same about doctors and vigilantes?
Vigilante, by regular definition, is pro-town. TDC redefined it to be any kill ability. Doctors are usually, but not always. But I see what you're referring to - ThAdmiral's role. Alright, I'll bite.
Vote: Caboose
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (isolation #27) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:57 am

Post by X »

populartajo wrote:Why didnt you see what I was referring to before?
I have no idea.
populartajo wrote:
X wrote:HowardRoark could potentially be a Russian Godfather, which would fit with the whole TDC liking symmetry, but I Am discredited the possibility that HowardRoark was not linked to alvinz95.
Can you clarify this? I dont get it.
Sure. HowardRoark has shown Russian and general scumtells. There are three Russian mafiosi dead, but none are a Godfather. Usually scumgroups include a Godfather. The Italian scumgroup included a Godfather. Caboose has given us accurate results in the past, and he announced an Innocent on HowardRoark. And as you said, TDC likes balance and making things even. If he gave a GF to one mafia group, he would likely give one to the other mafia group as well.
The problem arises when you look at alvinz95 and I Am, both Russians. alvinz95 implied in Twilight that HowardRoark was his scumbuddy. And when HowardRoark said that alvinz was pulling a gambit, I Am said that alvinz wasn't good enough to pull that gambit, thus
making it look like HowardRoark was Russian
. That would not be an intelligent move if I Am and HowardRoark were Russians together. I Am was Russian, therefore HowardRoark is not Russian. QED.
charter wrote:Why the fuck are we voting Caboose? He is the last peson I'm going to be voting for a while.
Show me a post, other than investigation results, written by Caboose, where he helps the Town.

SpyreX, I asked you a question. What do you think of Korts and Lowell?
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (isolation #28) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:06 am

Post by X »

Damn, I need to read the game closer. Anyway, I figured you had more to say.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (isolation #29) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:23 am

Post by X »

Korts wrote:Currently I want to lynch one of tajo/SpyreX.
Reasons for SpyreX?
populartajo wrote:Finally, what do you think of massclaim?
Not yet.
Caboose wrote:Tajo or Korts seem the most scummy to me.
I will vote later, when I have more time to post.
I think you owe this game a full analysis.
HowardRoark wrote:
X (679) wrote:I think it's more worthwhile to look for standalone scumtells or Italian tells at this point, because we've killed 3 Russians and only 2 Italians.
Are you advocating selective scum hunting? i.e. Italian scum only.
In a sense. I mean, if there's a Russian out there, we want to kill them. But we definitely have an Italian left, and it's not worth spending as much effort finding a (perhaps nonexistent) Russian as Italian.
Korts wrote:I'm interested to see how quickly X will be taking his vote off Caboose.
As soon as I see Caboose put forth a serious effort looking for scum. With multiple scumgroups, it's perfectly plausible that there is a Mafia Cop.

I'm graduating tonight, and parties and sleep will take up the weekend, so
V/LA until Monday
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (isolation #30) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:58 am

Post by X »

Korts wrote:
X wrote:Reasons for SpyreX?
Read my posts please. I've made it pretty clear that I think he's Russian.
I know that, I just don't see the rationale. I see two reasons that you might think that, but they're not very convincing, and I'd like to see if I missed something. So please, give me your reasons for SpyreX.
ekiM wrote:
X wrote:There are three Russian mafiosi dead, but none are a Godfather. Usually scumgroups include a Godfather. The Italian scumgroup included a Godfather. Caboose has given us accurate results in the past, and he announced an Innocent on HowardRoark. And as you said, TDC likes balance and making things even. If he gave a GF to one mafia group, he would likely give one to the other mafia group as well.
Erm. With the flips we've seen, it's impossible for both scum groups to be have the same set of power roles.
Good point. But it's not necessary to convince me, either. If you noticed, I gave a different rebuttal in the same post.

This game really died over the weekend.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (isolation #31) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:01 am

Post by X »

populartajo wrote:After some thinking, I agree that the best play is to not lynch him today. After all he is 100% a cop and you know information, etc.
I don't follow.
SpyreX wrote:However I can and do follow Kort's logic behind Caboose fairly well - except for the fact its almost Shrodinger's NK: by stating it SHOULD happen, it now most likely will not. :D
That has nothing to do with Shrödinger's Cat - it's more of a jynx. But good observation.

Korts, if I read your last post accurately, you think that SpyreX is Russian for bussing OGB throughout D1 and alvinz as soon as investigation results came out?
See, he also didn't really talk about I Am much, nor me (X), ekiM, populartajo, and probably others. So the ignoring thing doesn't go far, and bussing OGB throughout the entire D1 isn't optimal.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (isolation #32) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:17 am

Post by X »

Korts wrote:X, there you go again, ignoring some of the points I make and mentioning only those that are easily dismissed.
Then I misread your case, and why I asked you to restate it rather than requote it.
Korts wrote:- alvinz ISO 10: he mentions
rofl and SpyreX as the exceptions
to the statement that everyone on his wagon has "either wagonned, done little, or [has] acted scummy". In contrast,
SpyreX's reason is no better
than a lot of the people who voted alvinz
simply because of Caboose's results
This is a good reason.
Korts wrote:there is also
no prior suspicion from SpyreX regarding alvinz
, in fact the
only
mention of alvinz from SpyreX is

- in SpyreX ISO 5, where
he tries to derail Caboose's early fixation with alvinz
But Caboose's fixation with alvinz was illogical from any non-Caboose perspective at the time. And as I said before, SpyreX ignored many other players.
Korts wrote:- in alvinz' final outbreak post, he claims that there are at least 3 scum on his wagon; superimposing the dead players' list on the alvinz-voters' list, that leaves 3 out of 4. Even considering that there can't be 3 more Russian scum I doubt alvinz was completely bluffing; in addition I doubt that at that point (cop guilty on alvinz) Russians would have tried anything else but fervent bussing; therefore the assumption is that if there are any Russians left, which I suspect to be true, they're likely among the four living alvinz-voters. One of them is SpyreX.
This all comes down to whether you're going to trust the hammered scum.
Korts wrote:- no relevant mention of SpyreX from iamausername, despite the fact that they were both active users.
I already addressed this.
Korts wrote:The fact that he was on OGB's wagon pretty early could easily have been pre-planned for town cred, or otherwise an early realization that he was a useless weight on the Russian mafia's shoulders.
I understand what you're saying here, but I think it's a nulltell.
Korts wrote:
populartajo wrote:
X wrote:
populartajo wrote:After some thinking, I agree that the best play is to not lynch him today. After all he is 100% a cop and you know information, etc.
I don't follow.
The explanation is that we have confirmation that he is a cop. Even if he is scum, he is a source of very easy to verify information.
It's not easily and publicly verifiable without another cop, or at least not before a lynch of his investigated target.
QFT. I'd like to see Caboose post some content. I'll PM TDC for prods on Caboose and Seraphim.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (isolation #33) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:54 am

Post by X »

HowardRoark, your last three posts have been a lot of data without any conclusions. I mean, you draw conclusions (Lowell and Charter), but I don't see on what grounds.

Similarly, I didn't get anything out of the ekiM analysis. When someone is mentioned positively by scum, that doesn't mean they're likely to be scum. Last game I was scum in I buddied extensively to a townie; everyone thought we were scum together. (They lynched him first, and I basically got off free.)

TDC has not yet picked up my PM asking for prods, but nonetheless, Caboose should show his face.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (isolation #34) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:56 am

Post by X »

ekiM wrote: X, I don't think that's an especially fair representation of my analysis. I wasn't just listing times people were mentioned positively. Actually I don't think I used that even once. Most of the observations are of the Italians casting aspersions on other players. Yes, this is possibly distancing, but I think it's far more likely to be used against non-Italians. The tells are obviously of different strengths, but things like "Caboose continues to defend mufasa. If mufasa comes up scum caboose has to be next. I normally don't like chain lynching but this one seems like a gimme." are pretty indicative. I can't see scum lining up a lynch on a partner like that, when for all they knew Mufasa could easily have been another scum faction.

Also the main point was explaining my Lowell vote---total non-interaction with both Italians D1 is somewhat suspicious, and he's done very little since replacing in.
Okay, the non-interaction is interesting, but the bulk of the post was giving town points for negative mentions from Italians. As logical and methodical as I try to be, I can never grasp the use of an arbitrary number-based method to find scum. Anyway, the point about Lowell is accepted, just most of the post didn't seem to be along those lines.

SpyreX's post, on the other hand, is fairly convincing.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (isolation #35) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:18 am

Post by X »

HowardRoark wrote:@Serahpim: You owe us a response to what X has said.

@charter: You need to respond to what Lowell has claimed.

@Lowell: Your partial claim doesn't change my view on you.

@Caboose: You owe us a good analysis.
QFT.
Korts wrote:Looking at the vote count: X and tajo, what the fuck are you doing still voting Caboose? The fact that our cop is lazy doesn't change the fact that he's like 95% confirmed as town. Me, I don't see the utility of a scum aligned alignment cop, so I don't see any argument for why his procrastination is scummy instead of simply anti-town. Are you encouraging a policy lynch on a role-confirmed cop?
He's not in lynch territory right now, but if he doesn't give us anything this weekend (as in, today), I would support lynching him. It's not like it's recent procrastination or anything. He hasn't given us ANYTHING but investigation results. He's not 95% confirmed as Town. He's 100% confirmed as Cop.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (isolation #36) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:20 am

Post by X »

charter wrote:699- X, just because Caboose is lazy doesn't make him scum. He's done way more to help the town than you have, maybe we should just lynch you then.
I can't help that I'm not a Cop. Other than that, it sounds like you should be voting me if I'm so useless.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (isolation #37) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:06 am

Post by X »

Korts wrote:X, I agree that Caboose has given little other than his results--but you don't reply to my point that there is no utility in an anti-town alignment cop, and Caboose has proven himself to be an alignment cop already. Therefore he is almost fully confirmed.
Oh, sorry, I missed that. Yes, there is utility in an anti-town Cop if there are multiple Mafia Families.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (isolation #38) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by X »

HowardRoark, I noticed that too, but I don't really think it's a big deal. IIRC, a few people have said one and meant the other. People are more used to the concept of Masons. And you also selectively quoted Lowell, because if you read more, he's clearly describing a Neighborhood:
Lowell wrote:charter and I are mason buddies,
though I cannot vouch for his towniness.
Only mine.
Really don't like how we've been put off again
and again
by Seraphim and Caboose.

I
do
want to let everyone know that I will be
V/LA from Wednesday, July 1st to Saturday, July 4th
. I might be able to check in, but most of my time will be occupied on those days.

Deadline is July 4th. It's worth repeating.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (isolation #39) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by X »

HowardRoark wrote:@X: There can be Mafia-aligned masons as well.
TDC wrote:
  • Masonry: All members are confirmed to be pro-town and share the regular town victory condition.
No, no there can't.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (isolation #40) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by X »

HowardRoark wrote:I stand corrected . . . there cannot be Mafia aligned Masons in this game. That makes the claim even dirtier.
Lowell (769) wrote:charter and I are mason buddies, though I cannot vouch for his towniness. Only mine.
To me, that looks like he's describing a neighborhood, just using the wrong word. Considering that Charter has verified the Neighbor claim, I really don't think he's lying about being a Neighbor. I'm not saying that either of them are definitely Town...just that the claim is believable.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (isolation #41) » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:25 am

Post by X »

Charter/Lowell as Neighbors really means nothing, and with Seraphim being NK-Immune it means nothing for me to be a Neighbor as well. And since we're doing massclaim, I'm Vanilla. Well, a Neighbor with a shared kill, but Vanilla otherwise.

I believe Tajo's claim as Backup Cop, which does explain his motivation to get Caboose dead beyond the fact that Caboose was scummy. Welcome, Kison!
Korts wrote:Like I said, I can always go for a SpyreX lynch. Deadline lynch needs majority vote, so people should be voting a big wagon and those that are voting for 1-vote wagons are trying to shy away from responsibility by feigning conviction. X and SpyreX, that's you.
I was V/LA at the time, yet I still think a Kison wagon could be good. Especially seeing as he didn't die last night, but WIFOM and all that. Someone please remind me to join more Mini games before joining another Large game.

Could also definitely go for a Lowell wagon. Why did he claim the Neighborhood anyway? And ekiM needs to claim as well. Charter, why do you think Lowell is town? Sorry if I'm having you repeat yourself. Korts, when Mufasa claimed JOAT D1, what was going through your mind?
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (isolation #42) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by X »

Just looked back through Lowell's ISO, and there's not much there. Lowell, the only content that I see you making outside of your massive replacing post is your appraisal of charter as town. And you don't even explain that during your massive replacing post. I think elaboration is necessary.

You know what? Considering that there's been a drought of activity and Lowell has been actively lurking, I shall
Vote: Lowell
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (isolation #43) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:08 am

Post by X »

charter wrote:Well, a vanilla doesn't mean anything, so process of elimination
vote ekiM
You realize I did ask you a question? And I don't understand your process of elimination.
ekiM wrote:That said, I have some questions. Why the claim? Did they ever claim a group ability? Every other claimed group has had an ability (we don't know about Upper Roccisi, but lower claimed so and the masons did). Neither of you seems to consider at all the possibility that the other is scum. Why?
I've said different parts of this at different times, still want an answer, and still haven't gotten one.
Kison wrote:Yet this continued into day two, after several scum were killed. If Caboose was Italian, he'd have been down a doctor by that point, thus putting himself in a very vulnerable position. It's obvious that I am/he was a legit cop based on the accuracy of our results - why, then would he be more likely to draw attention to himself as scum cop over town cop? The way he acted makes more sense as town, because there is no kill to use to go after those guilty results; the only way to get those investigations out there is through this thread. If he was scum, he could have just kept his mouth shut and taken care of any guilty result at night.
I missed this before. Why would he draw attention to himself as Scum Cop? Because it's given him/you semi-confirmed status. Kison, what do you think of charter and Lowell?
ekiM wrote:
Kison wrote:
Korts wrote:N3 I used amnesiac tracker on Axelrod, sending the results to Caboose, now Kison. Hopefully Kison can confirm the fact that his predecessor got the result;
I got it. No result.
Unless Korts and Kison are BOTH scum (wildly unlikely, I think...), this pretty much confirms their roleclaims to be true to me.
It doesn't confirm Kison in any way, shape, or form.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (isolation #44) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:38 am

Post by X »

Lowell wrote:I'll be back in action hopefully by tomorrow. I'll address the wagon on me, but offhand I'd say X's 901 is the most suspicious. I will try to post more content, but justifying lurker-votes at this stage isn't productive.
But you haven't posted any content besides the reread post and "Charter is town," and you haven't even explained the second one.
charter wrote:Don't like these Lowell votes one bit. He's town, I'm telling you guys.
Why?
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (isolation #45) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:48 am

Post by X »

charter wrote:I've already explained why. Mixologist wasn't posting in our quicktopic, and I'm pretty sure that if he was scum, and had just checked his scum quicktopic, he'd hop on over to ours and try and figure out what I'm thinking. His lack of participation I think means he wasn't interested, which I think makes him much more likely to be town.
That's a pretty weak tell in my opinion.
Korts wrote:Seraphim: Did you inform X of your NK immunity before N0 was over? If not, when did you tell him? We might be able to account for a lost kill depending on your answer--we had a surprising lack of kills on N0 in retrospect.
He told me during N2.
populartajo wrote:People, Lowell is town, unvote him.
No, no he's not.
ekiM wrote:
X wrote:
Kison wrote:Yet this continued into day two, after several scum were killed. If Caboose was Italian, he'd have been down a doctor by that point, thus putting himself in a very vulnerable position. It's obvious that I am/he was a legit cop based on the accuracy of our results - why, then would he be more likely to draw attention to himself as scum cop over town cop? The way he acted makes more sense as town, because there is no kill to use to go after those guilty results; the only way to get those investigations out there is through this thread. If he was scum, he could have just kept his mouth shut and taken care of any guilty result at night.
I missed this before. Why would he draw attention to himself as Scum Cop? Because it's given him/you semi-confirmed status.
Not worth risking drawing the cross-kill though.
But I don't think it would be crazy of him to have assumed there was a Doctor, whether he was Scum or Town.

If we have 2 scum left, I'm thinking that they might be Lowell and charter based on their unbased gung-ho defense of each other.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (isolation #46) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:39 am

Post by X »

Kison wrote:
Korts wrote:N3 I used amnesiac tracker on Axelrod, sending the results to Caboose, now Kison. Hopefully Kison can confirm the fact that his predecessor got the result;
I got it. No result.
Kison, we'd like more details on this, as per:
Korts wrote:
ekiM wrote:Korts, in post 363 you say "Re: my being blocked, I confirm that it's likely I was blocked." You've claimed that N1 you tracked Seraphim and receieved no result. Why did that make it likely that you were blocked?
Because I literally recieved no result.
populartajo wrote:
X wrote:If we have 2 scum left, I'm thinking that they might be Lowell and charter based on their unbased gung-ho defense of each other.
Why do you think we have 2 scum left?
It's a possibility, not a certainty. Anywhere from 6 to 8 scum out of 23 seems possible to me, and 5 are dead. Considering the single kill last night, it's more likely that there are 1 or 2 left than 3 left.
HowardRoark wrote:
X (936) wrote:
populartajo wrote:People, Lowell is town, unvote him.
No, no he's not.
This is a very strong statement. Anything else to add to your case besides his lack of participation and defense of charter?
Continued lack of participation despite it being pointed out, and unexplained defense of charter. There was not a point in this game in which he was really pro-town. Add pushing the only other wagon besides himself, with no previous suspicion of him (ekiM) and little reasoning in the vote post.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (isolation #47) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:41 am

Post by X »

populartajo wrote:I just thought something.

Someone can use two active abilities the same night?
Go on...

Seraphim, wow. I hope you explain your top two suspects a little more, and it's not just the votecount telling you that.
Korts wrote:
Howard wrote:I am always a bit anal with the wording of these warnings. Why are you warning "the town"? Are you not town? Why not "NOTE: Lowell is at L-1"? *HowardRoark braces for attacks*
This never was a scumtell; it's just empty play on words.
QFT.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (isolation #48) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:19 am

Post by X »

Seraphim wrote:
Lowell wrote:Also, can we notice how sera comes back after disappearing, only to casually drop the gem that the leading vote getter is his first choice for lynch, and the second vote-getter is his second choice?
Wow. This post alone is grounds for voting you in my opinion. If it's true that you are indeed the main suspect for today with the leading number of votes, how extremely easy it must be for you to redirect like nuts onto the guy who has been camping for the last week and has only returned yesterday? I skimmed the posts and this was the vibe I got. When I have time for a more detailed read, expect that then.
It better be soon.

Someone better vote Lowell before Tuesday July 21st, 8:00 EST (I believe that's the proper conversion).
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (isolation #49) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:26 am

Post by X »

Wow. In the last page, I haven't seen why I'm scummy. I'm also a little worried that Seraphim might be scum, and thought that he could get town points by waiting until near the end of the game to kill me. I don't know if anyone has even checked his NK-Immune-ness. It's a convenient claim when you're scum. Lowell's vote on me is terrible, check into him.

I still think Lowell has a good shot at being scum, but with this turn of events, Seraphim could be scum. Why, you ask? Because although he didn't kill me right off of the bat, he gunned for my lynch with little explanation of scumminess. And the end result is the same - he gets the kill. And I think Seraphim already confirmed this - the shared kill is one-shot.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (isolation #50) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:27 am

Post by X »

ekiM wrote:Korts, charter, X, Kison: Any chance of you being awake to move your vote?
You really think I want to move my vote?
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (isolation #51) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:59 am

Post by X »

Boo.

Anyway, I have 2 Bulletproof Vests, was shot once last Night. You might want to look at Kison for that, 'cause he asked Seraphim if I was NK-Immune Today.

Ciao!
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (isolation #52) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:09 am

Post by X »

Nope.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (isolation #53) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:16 am

Post by X »

:twisted:
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1099 (isolation #54) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by X »

Hm, yeah, that was a good game. I would like to explain that my choice to kill Seraphim N0 & N1 was based on the suspicion that we had identical roles. I was going to kill him N2, but he told me that he was NK-Immune.

All in all, I'm proud of my play. I got the last scum right, and only really died because of claiming issues. Reading all of the surprised looks at my flip was good consolation.

TDC did a great job of modding, and I really enjoyed playing with you all. Now I'm not alive in any game, and I am free to say that I want a town role soon. Playing scum role after scum role just makes you think in demented ways.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (isolation #55) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:57 am

Post by X »

iamausername wrote:Why me, X?
Oh, right. I forgot to explain my kills.

N0 & N1, I suspected that Seraphim had the same role as me (SK w/2 Bulletproof vests). I would have shot him N2, but he told me that he was NK-Immune.
N2, I shot roflcopter because he pegged me as scum using his gut. It's impossible to argue against gut, so gut players really frustrate me - especially when they suspect me.
N3, I shot I Am because town was winning and he looked town...stupid me.
N4, I shot SpyreX because I hadn't read the game closely enough after my V/LA and I thought it would come out of left field. I kicked myself after reading the end of D3 more closely.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”