Newbie 773 - New Bieland GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Baszie
Baszie
Townie
Baszie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 6:50 am

Post by Baszie »

Unvote: xRECKONERx, Vote: Bobo

I think it's a good idea to lynch someone now, and get some clues who is mafia for day 2. He's the most scummy atm, but on the other hand, I have made the same mistakes as him.
koriental
koriental
Townie
koriental
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 6:55 am

Post by koriental »

hey tubby. my condolences.

as for the whole voting and lynching thing. i feel uncomfortable with voting for bobo right now. like ryan said. i've felt in this "first day" that there's been really questionable behaviour by other ppl more than bobo. i was looking back and it looks like he just stepped in it by making an accidental comment here and there. and not too long ago, i feel like i was put in that situation. now i know that some may think that i'm just being sympathetic, and not logical, but really. i feel like some other ppl have been more "scummy"

i feel like mufasa's been really pushy this whole day. and if i had to choose between bobo and mufasa.
i'll go w/ mufasa.

vote mufasa
passion...it lies in all of us...
koriental
koriental
Townie
koriental
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 6:56 am

Post by koriental »

oh hey. i just saw baszie's post.
is that 5 votes then? is it over? what happens now?

vote mufasa
<------------just wanted to confirm i did that. but i guess it doesn't matter. lol
koriental
koriental
Townie
koriental
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 6:58 am

Post by koriental »

btw. how do we get clues as to who mafia is? does moderator tell us stuff? i'm confused.

sorry.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 8:12 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

You analyze posts, koriental.
green shirt thursdays
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by Talitha »

Final Vote Count

Bobo_the_monkey (5) - Dragonfly13, xRECKONERx, Mufasa, tubby216, Baszie
Mufasa (3) - Bobo_the_monkey, Ryan Colt, koriental

Not voting: hasdgfas

Bobo_the_monkey is lynched.
He was a mafia goon.

It is now Night. Please send choices.
(Night would usually last 72 hours, but I'll make sure all players are present before starting Day 2.)
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by Talitha »

Shouldn't be too much longer now. Thanks for the patience!
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 11:18 pm

Post by Talitha »

After what feels like an extremely long sleep, you all wake up. Well, not all of you. Ryan Colt does not wake up because he has been murdered.

Ryan Colt was the cop.

It is now Day 2.
Day 2 will last 3 weeks. With 7 of you alive, 4 votes will be required to lynch someone.
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 3:21 am

Post by Dragonfly13 »

cow, after a quick reread, I'm seeing a lot of connections between you and bobo.
not your fault exactly, but the way bobo acted D1 doesn't make you look good at all. If anyone else cares I'll provide examples.

vote: hasdgfas

If this day does not end with a hasdgfas lynch, I will be disappointed.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 9:48 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Day 1 observations.

Baszie:
Put Ryan at L-1 for no real reason. Later on, votes me because I'm playing aggressively. Doesn't add much else to the game.

hasdgfas:
Baszie unvotes Ryan after putting him at L-1, and cow actually tries to turn that into a case against him. Cow has really been running the game's discussion thus far.

Tubby:
Begins the game with a random vote on Bobo. The two kind of eyeball each other the whole round. Once cow calls tubby out on disappearing, he's back, but only to vote Koriental in post 51, with no real reasoning other than "pressure and competing bandwagons are the way to win".

Mufasa:
Actually suggests we keep cow around regardless of scumlevel because he's helpful. Then randomly pops back in to switch his vote around to Koriental with no reasoning. It's just a bandwagoning attempt on someone who is, IMO, newbtown. Once pressured, Mufasa chalks it up to "just trying to get the chat flowing again". In fact, the only reason anyone forgot about Mufasa is because BoBo opened his mouth.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 9:49 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Dragonfly13 wrote:cow, after a quick reread, I'm seeing a lot of connections between you and bobo.
not your fault exactly, but the way bobo acted D1 doesn't make you look good at all. If anyone else cares I'll provide examples.

Please provide examples.

Also, I think it's important for everyone to note that this was a
huge
win for the town... but now we've got a solo scum working alone. And those buggers are usually difficult to track down, especially when we've still got the entire town left. Well, the entire town minus the cop (Ryan).

Here's my question: what would have lead Mafia to kill Ryan? I didn't think anything he did D1 made him stand out that much, but maybe I need
another
re-read.
green shirt thursdays
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 10:13 am

Post by tubby216 »

well i am lost right now rl has me all messed up but i will try to post some thoughts soon
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 11:43 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

How are you lost with only six pages to read through?
green shirt thursdays
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Dragonfly13 wrote:cow, after a quick reread, I'm seeing a lot of connections between you and bobo.

I would love to see some examples as well, as I have no idea what you're talking about.
I will reread Day 1 shortly as I have been away a while.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:24 am

Post by Dragonfly13 »

I don't know, cow. You tell
me
what you think of this series of events:

Act I:
hasdgfas wrote:
tubby216 wrote:but thanks for the vote it make me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside
vote: tubby216

This vote is not a joke. he's trying too hard to be nonchalant about the vote on him so he can look town.
Bobo_the_Monkey wrote:
unvote vote: koriental since he hasn't posted

I'm still watching you tubby!
Why does bobo feel the need to keep suspicion on tubby at the same time voting koriental?

Bobo_the_Monkey wrote:
Unvote

vote: tubby216

I will be off camping this weekend by the way. So, no posts from me until Sunday or Monday.
And then revotes tubby here with absolutely no explanation? I feel it is because you were voting for tubby at this point, cow. Of course you are an experienced player, and as bobo's partner bobo would do well to follow you around, as he seemed to do a LOT D1.

========
Intermission
========

Act II:
hasdgfas wrote:
Mufasa wrote:It is... It is... As you can see it worked
But you're still not helping the discussion, and if you're doing something to create discussion, you need a follow-up, otherwise you just did something scummy for no good reason.

unvote, vote: mufasa
Bobo_the_Monkey wrote:While I hate to hop on the bandwagon this seems pretty scummy to me as well.

unvote

vote: Mufasa
Ok, in any other circumstance this probably wouldn't be much of a connection. However, bobo flipped scum, so there is probably a connection here as well. "Hmm, what's cow doing? Ok, that's what I'll do." Is what I see here.
hasdgfas wrote:
koriental wrote:as for "cow". yeah. u explained it well, but i was actually looking for someone else to defend what you said/did. because if someone else could defend you well, then i'd be more convinced. well. alot has happened since back then, and i'm going to take some time to think about who this mafia character is.
IC Tip: Don't try to get people to defend someone else, because it's probably not going to happen. After all, the only people who know someone else's alignment are the scum(at least in a newbie game) and a cop with results. You're not going to get people to defend others because it can be rather suspicious after that person flips. [/IC Tip]

unvote

bobo, please come answer the questions asked of you. Consider this a vote on you pending a vote count.
The very last line under your unvote here looks a lot like you are worried about losing bobo, cow. My opinion on this matter is reinforced that you do not vote for him here, and in your next post, though I have no reason to believe you found anyone more suspicious than bobo at that point (ok, maybe mufasa), you don't vote him either:
hasdgfas wrote:
mod:
I will be gone with zero internet access from Friday until the next Friday or Saturday. Please don't replace me. Thanks.
-Cow
People who are so hesitant to vote make me uncomfortable. Even without all of the connections I have made between you and bobo, this fact alone would be enough for me to vote for you.

Couple all of this information with the fact that you didn't die N1, cow, which would in my opinion be the best idea for a scum kill as you are obviously the most seasoned player here, and you know now why I am voting for you.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 1:49 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Hmm. Wow. That... actually makes a little bit of sense.

Vote hasdgfas
green shirt thursdays
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

@Dragonfly: Bobo was scum. Scum want town to die. Scum will create connections that make town die. Bobo was a newbie, so he's a bit less seasoned player than others, and he'd probably be hesitant to go out on his own and look suspicious, so he follows someone more experienced(me) to try to get an idea of what to do. I find that scum follow town more often than they follow scum. That's Act I and the first half of Act II.

Someone who doesn't answer questions asked of them may just not have seen the questions. I gave him a chance to explain himself, and I was going to say more if I had the chance before leaving. However, I lost my internet access earlier than I thought and was not able to come back to check and say anything else/vote before I left.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

xRECKONERx wrote:Hmm. Wow. That... actually makes a little bit of sense.

Vote hasdgfas
And this post is horrid.

Do you have anything else to say or are you going completely off of what someone else said?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Well seeing as how I hadn't even really considered you very scummy, now that I see the link between yourself and Bobo, I think you're the best candidate for a lynch at the moment.

I'm the type of player who puts my votes where I find the most suspicion, and that's you right now. Granted Mufasa's play was much scummier yesterday, but he and Bobo were at odds 90% of the time, and I don't see them bussing that hard on D1.
green shirt thursdays
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 6:34 am

Post by Dragonfly13 »

hasdgfas wrote:@Dragonfly: Bobo was scum. Scum want town to die. Scum will create connections that make town die. Bobo was a newbie, so he's a bit less seasoned player than others, and he'd probably be hesitant to go out on his own and look suspicious, so he follows someone more experienced(me) to try to get an idea of what to do. I find that scum follow town more often than they follow scum. That's Act I and the first half of Act II.
Oh please. Don't use the "I'm town" excuse. I don't know what you could possibly say to defend yourself really, other than "I'm not lying," but in this situation I wouldn't believe you anyway, sorry.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 6:48 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

@Dragonfly: Why are you so settled on hasdgfas being scum? Why is his "I have more experience therefore he would obviously follow me" logic not at least
plausible
?

Unvote.

Oh, and...

FoS: Dragonfly
for tunneling. Maybe Dragonfly wants the most experienced player gone so town will be lost?
green shirt thursdays
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 6:54 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Dragonfly13 wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:@Dragonfly: Bobo was scum. Scum want town to die. Scum will create connections that make town die. Bobo was a newbie, so he's a bit less seasoned player than others, and he'd probably be hesitant to go out on his own and look suspicious, so he follows someone more experienced(me) to try to get an idea of what to do. I find that scum follow town more often than they follow scum. That's Act I and the first half of Act II.
Oh please. Don't use the "I'm town" excuse. I don't know what you could possibly say to defend yourself really, other than "I'm not lying," but in this situation I wouldn't believe you anyway, sorry.
but I"m not saying "I'm town" by itself.
I have reasons behind that, which is completely different.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 7:25 am

Post by tubby216 »

vote dragonfly13

not in love with his posts,

i believe cow to be quite townie in his play
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 7:37 am

Post by hasdgfas »

tubby216 wrote:
vote dragonfly13

not in love with his posts,

i believe cow to be quite townie in his play
tubby, what don't you love?
why is it scummy?

Disagreeing with someone is not enough to vote someone on its own.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Man, I need to stop being so impatient.
And get another job. I spend too much time checking MS for updates in all my threads. >.>
green shirt thursdays

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”