Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 6:55 am

Post by Vi »

HEY hey hey wait wait wait etc. etc. etc.

Juls, the post where you mentioned that PokerFace kinda slipped that he had a name...
Juls 109 wrote:
Pokerface 39 wrote:I have seen/heard tales from Moratorioum of Juls getting frustraited deeply at a game even one as simple as a mishmash game so I already know part of the story checks out.
To the best of my knowledge, my "character" name is not one of the characters in Cowboy Bebop (I would need to verify that though, it has been years since I watched)...
but you kinda just told us that you have a main character's name
...I would be interested to know how many people do/don't have main character names but I don't know how to ask it without revealing potentially too much detail. NOTE: I am not asking that question at this point just thinking out loud, do not answer it and blame me for you answering!
That PokerFace quote is incorrect (a typo; that was the quote you responded to before this point). What quote
should
be there?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 7:07 am

Post by don_johnson »

you seem to misrep my posts. it could be misunderstanding, but you seem to be starting with the idea that i am scum and trying to flesh out a case with every post i make. i think i have expressed some valid analysis in regards to the juls claim and players responses, but you seem to ignore them.

maybe we just disagree. maybe its that you just don't know me. i am willing to work with you, but i certainly have no reason to trust you at this point, and if i can't get the lynches i want first then i would certainly vote for someone like you.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 7:10 am

Post by Juls »

@Vi:
PokerFace iso 7 wrote:Also I think it is probably a good idea to hear Juls role 'flavor'. Not sure which of the show's character would rationally be a miller in this game.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 7:36 am

Post by Vi »

Interesting... Yet I find a Miller claim to be rather plausible in this game. I think this is worth pursuing.

Unvote: Gorrad
Vote: PokerFace
(L-4)

Flavor claim and/or die.

@mod: Vote count, etc.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 8:58 am

Post by Zilla »

Re: VP Baltar

You're reserved this game compared to most of the other players. A lot of your stances wouldn't incite anybody.
You comment (softly) on ShadowGirl and Don John's case on her. In fact, you claim Don John is looking pro-town in your latest post. It's like you're backing down from any significant confrontation.
You hardly comment on the Gorrad case. You haven't said much about Rhinox. You did a lot of setup speculation. All-in-all, I don't think you've offered your solid opinion on anyone.
And that is why I find you slightly scummy.

As for the "speaking for me" bit, what happened to your stance back here?
VP Baltar wrote:
Forbidden wrote:Plus, she still DID give you an answer which you may not of naturally had. I don't know anymore.
Would you ever point out an attack as being wrong if you thought someone was clearly misrepping another player?
Suddenly you've switched stances regarding my attempts to clear things up?

@ Vi:

Juls recently listed 4 things that make pro-town sense for a miller, things I don't normally consider about the role. On a base level though, it seems so typical of a bold scum move. I can now see the pro-town side of claiming miller, but I still don't 100% believe it due to WIFOM. Essentially, I'll only truly believer her when she's dead, which she has asked for herself.

Also, I may be biased since I ALWAYS get nightkilled, but I'd personally play miller to attract scum's NK rather than create this WIFOM situation.

I don't like VP's last post. I don't like him backing off of Don John for the WIFOM reason that "scum wouldn't be that accusatory early-game." What warranted these comments? He wasn't exactly being hard on Don John before.
Aware of that. However, you are attacking him repeatedly. Assault and battery can lead to death if sustained over a period of time. ~ Cybele
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 8:59 am

Post by Zilla »

I agree with Juls asking for the vig to kill her if he's not 80% sure on someone else. That seems like a pro-town move to me.
Aware of that. However, you are attacking him repeatedly. Assault and battery can lead to death if sustained over a period of time. ~ Cybele
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 9:30 am

Post by don_johnson »

Zilla wrote:I agree with Juls asking for the vig to kill her if he's not 80% sure on someone else. That seems like a pro-town move to me.
just to clarify. it is a pro town move provided that "miller" is the extent of juls' role. however, juls alluded to the fact that there was more to her role. that is why i question the motive. if there is more to her role then she should not be encouraging a night 1 vig.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 10:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

Zilla wrote:I think I feel where he's coming from here, that last wall of text of his diffused some of my suspicions. I don't agree with him, and think he's assuming other people think the same way he does and if they don't, they're not town, but I think I understand his mindset. Further, aside from that original questionnaire, he hasn't done anything in the same vein that props up a false reason to trust someone.
Huh? I posted that to start discussion and get reads on you guys using different/simular questions. What did it have to do with trust?
don_johnson wrote:again: what is a "framer"?
A framer is a mafioso that can target any player at night. That player will appear guilty to any cop investigations that night

Post 184
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 59#1651159
Zilla seems to look into things more thurough then I normally do. Couple of things seem like paranoia or overeactions. Her read of Vi is what gave me this feel. I don't see Vi as some kind of hynotist. Zillas methods Feel wierd. Wierdness =/= scuminess but still its something I didn't follow well.

Who do i find scummy?:

Rhinox has gotten better, I understand his viewpoint for now.
Unvote: Rhinox
I'll say he's closer to nuetral then scum now.

Players that have not said enough for me to get a read on them:
Gorrad, Forbidden, Zeenon

I play alot on irc mafia. On irc mafia many people are under the bad impression that there are alot of non-sane cops. There are some but they aren't in every game. And so claiming you could be insane or that you doubt another players sanity is viewed as a scum tell on irc. Investigating a claimed miller does prove nothing. VP's statements seem to come off as more of a suggestion than a hypothetical. I he could be scum trying to ruin any cops before they appear. Also alot of his comments feel very loose like he is trying to be out of the way of giving suspicions.

Can I get a vote count? Have I got 3 or 4 on me?
Getting put under the light is rare for me. Oh cool, lights bright enough I can see my shadow. Looks just like me cept I didn't realize I was that muscular.
<<Makes Shadow pupets
<<Likes making odd jokes to amuse himself.
<<Plays with Korlash probably way too much.

My Response to Juls:
I don't consider what I was asking as flavor fishing. Fishing is alot more subtle then asking for it in my book. Asking for it blantantly is pretty much like throwing a hand grenade into the water. That's not fishing. I also thought I only asked you about it once. Not sure where you got twice.

As far as why I asked you for it, EVERY game I've ever been in has had players give their role flavor when they claimed. Thus I normally consider it standard procedure to get flavor with every them claim. That's why I asked you for it. You could have claimed vanilla that early and I still would have made that suggestion. If you want I can take time to link some games I played in/read where flavor was always given with role claim.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8898
In Death Note mafia one of the many reasons IcemanE was lynched for claiming Ryuk was because he gave flavor late and it didn't seem to make sence. In Doctor Who Mafia 2 ther were ALOT of role claims and each one had to give flavor. They ones who didn't have flavor were indeed the scum.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6617
Not all of them were given safe claims. I caught the Last scum because he fake claimed being my real role. Yosarian2 was wrong to think that character wasn't in the game. Want me to find more game examples were flavor given with role was standard procedure?
Juls wrote:@Vi:
PokerFace iso 7 wrote:Also I think it is probably a good idea to hear Juls role 'flavor'. Not sure which of the show's character would rationally be a miller in this game.
Again I fail to see how this quote says anything about my own role, Whether or not I have a name or anything like that. I think you're reading too much into this. I assumed a miller role would have a name. Something like giving others a guilty read normally has more to it than "You just do it".
Juls wrote:I want town to know that there is more to my role than just miller and just because I have claimed it doesn't mean
I have told scum to give me a free ride
to the end of the game.
Huh? Did you typo something here?
VP Baltar wrote:In other news,
Vote Pokerface
I still want to hear some further explanation on why you laid off Juls so easy when you brought up the idea of flavour claiming first (my post in 166 is specifically what I'm referring to). Also, your play in the first few pages of this game is very different from what it is now that the suspicion ball is rolling on other players.
Why did I lighten up on it? The safe claims questioning for one and also...
Juls wrote:To the best of my knowledge, my "character" name is not one of the characters in Cowboy Bebop (I would need to verify that though, it has been years since I watched)
This kinda made sence with what I know of my role and what I would expect from Jahudo

Also in case some of you are wondering, I see no reason for me to claim my role and or flavor at this time.

@don_johnson
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 12#1651912
I don't get why you'd be content with lynching so many? I don't think that many players can be scum and scum are the only people you should want to lynch. Settling for just about an lynch feels pretty scumish.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 10:05 am

Post by don_johnson »

pf wrote:I don't get why you'd be content with lynching so many? I don't think that many players can be scum and scum are the only people you should want to lynch. Settling for just about an lynch feels pretty scumish.
how many day 1 lynches successfully end in a scum lynch? do you prefer a no lynch if you don't get the lynch of your choice?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 10:09 am

Post by Zilla »

unvote
Vote: Pokerface

Where to start? Backpedaling, dodging questions, no good explanation for his unvote of Rhinox, fishy behavior regarding his stance on flavor claiming (safe claim idea made you back off? How is that any more relevant in this game than it was in the others?), no real offense on anyone now that he's being considered...
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 10:09 am

Post by Zilla »

Assuming Vi's count is right, that's L -3
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Zilla »

Also his whole thing about VP just looks wrong, but VP doesn't want me saying things for him, so I'll let him handle that.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 10:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

don_johnson wrote:
pf wrote:I don't get why you'd be content with lynching so many? I don't think that many players can be scum and scum are the only people you should want to lynch. Settling for just about an lynch feels pretty scumish.
how many day 1 lynches successfully end in a scum lynch?
About 35-40% end in scum lynch. 60-65% don't

do you prefer a no lynch if you don't get the lynch of your choice?
No lynching fails and is almost never a good idea
Still not quite sure of your answer since you answered my question with a question. Think you could elaborate? If say your number one suspect wasn't going to be lynched would you just auto agree with whatever else was on the table?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 10:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

Zilla wrote:...

unvote
Vote: Pokerface

Where to start? Backpedaling, dodging questions, no good explanation for his unvote of Rhinox, fishy behavior regarding his stance on flavor claiming (safe claim idea made you back off? How is that any more relevant in this game than it was in the others?), no real offense on anyone now that he's being considered...
Not sure how I back pedaled.

As far as dodging questions, no player likes giving info about there own role. Its my policy only to give it if your lynch is coming pending l-2or1 and proxsimity of a deadline, everybody is massclaiming, or you have role infor that gaurantees the town a win.

When another players claims there role outside of these reasons I am suspicious and it is normal possible to get all of the claim so they can weasle out of or into some reasonable comfort later on in the game.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 10:17 am

Post by Vi »

PokerFace 207 wrote:I don't see Vi as some kind of hynotist.
I knew this Foucault pendulum was a rip-off. [/foxtrot]

Also, I like how you ask yourself who you find scummy, and barely answer it.
PokerFace 207 wrote:Again I fail to see how this quote says anything about my own role, Whether or not I have a name or anything like that. I think you're reading too much into this.
I assumed a miller role would have a name.
Something like giving others a guilty read normally has more to it than "You just do it".
Why.
I also don't understand the last sentence.
PokerFace 207 wrote:I see no reason for me to claim my role and or flavor at this time.
I see no reason for me to unvote, then.
Also, that impromptu RPing thing about the pressure you're under really doesn't come off well to me.

I'm not sure I like this new PF-d_j discussion, although that may be because my personal favorite policy is Lynch All
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 10:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

EBWOP
...When another players claims
their
role outside of these reasons I am originally suspicious and it is normal
policy
to get all of the claim so they can
not
weasle out of or weasel into some reasonable comfort later on in the game.

Basically don't let someone get away unless you think they are town
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 10:26 am

Post by Vi »

PokerFace 215 wrote:EBWOP
...When another players claims
their
role outside of these reasons I am originally suspicious and it is normal
policy
to get all of the claim so they can
not
weasle out of or weasel into some reasonable comfort later on in the game.

Basically don't let someone get away unless you think they are town
I disagree. Let me show you my Role PM from another Theme game.
<Insert>

Welcome, Richard Nixon(from Real Life). You resigned to avoid impeachment and that made you surly. Then they resurrected you 1000 years later, and you were elected president of Earth. It is your duty to protect your subjects…er…citizens.

You are the Townie Wiretapper.

Active Abilities—You may use one a day.
<Wiretap> You will place a wiretap on the targeted player’s body. Each day, it will reveal a bit of information about that player.

Passive Abilities
<Watergate> You will show up as a Serial Killer(or the closest equivalent) to all investigations that target you.
<Robot> You are a robot. This may or may not have any in-game significance.
<Mutual> You know that the G-Man(from Half-Life) is in the game and is not town-aligned.

You win when all threats to the town are dead.
Mod note: The first day a wiretap is there, gets the flavor text of player’s role PM. The second day, gets one random non-factional ability. The third day, gets role name+alignment. If he wiretaps mod, same thing as others happen.

Guess how much of that I saw any rational sense in claiming D1.
Just <Watergate>.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 10:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

Vi wrote:
PokerFace 207 wrote:Again I fail to see how this quote says anything about my own role, Whether or not I have a name or anything like that. I think you're reading too much into this.
Something like giving others a guilty read normally has more to it than "You just do it".
Why.
Bassically someone that gives off guilty read should be a character that would have a reason to look guilty. Saying it happens just because that's what you are is like calling the sky blue.

Basically I would expect a character that had a confusing appearance to be a miller. In the context of this game I would have probably guessed that guy who was like a man but also a women (That guy in episode 12 or 13) would be a miller. He has a confusing appearance.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 10:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

Tags got cut somehow
PokerFace wrote:
Vi wrote:
Why.
Bassically someone that gives off guilty read should be a character that would have a reason to look guilty. Saying it happens just because that's what you are is like calling the sky blue.

Basically I would expect a character that had a confusing appearance to be a miller. In the context of this game I would have probably guessed that guy who was like a man but also a women (That guy in episode 12 or 13) would be a miller. He has a confusing appearance.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 10:28 am

Post by Vi »

Hey PokerFace. Have you taken a look at, say, the last three parts of the Rules post?
I think that would completely invalidate your example (not that it was very good in the first place).
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 10:35 am

Post by Zilla »

Yet another time I wish I could vote harder...
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 10:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

Vi wrote:Hey PokerFace. Have you taken a look at, say, the last three parts of the Rules post?
I think that would completely invalidate your example (not that it was very good in the first place).
hmm your right I think I did confuse part of that.

Spike's old gang was the Red Dragon not the White Tiger right? Seems I'm trying to rationalize too much in terms of the series.

Still I'll only claim at L-2 or 1 pending deadline proxmity. Basically claiming with only a day before a dead = bad. Claiming with a week before deadline = good.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 10:54 am

Post by Jahudo »

Come and visit bright and sunny
Tijuana
, "Where the Carnitas are out of this World!" and our roasted pork is good too!
Paid for by the Travel Bureau of Tijuana, a subsidiary of Asteroids Inc.

Vote Count #4 of Day 1

PokerFace – Juls, VP Baltar, Vi, Zilla
Gorrad – Rhinox
ShadowGirl – don_johnson
Zilla - hohum

Not Voting – ShadowGirl, charlatan, Gorrad, ZEEnon.

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch!
Day 1 deadline will be Monday May 18th at noon EST.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 11:07 am

Post by don_johnson »

pf wrote:Still not quite sure of your answer since you answered my question with a question. Think you could elaborate?
If say your number one suspect wasn't going to be lynched would you just auto agree with whatever else was on the table
?
no. i would go to number two, and so forth. how exactly would you like me to elaborate? your question was stupid. i believe i mentioned four names. you call it "many". it is four i am most suspicious of, suspicion being entirely relative.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Vi »

PokerFace 221 wrote:
Vi wrote:Hey PokerFace. Have you taken a look at, say, the last three parts of the Rules post?
hmm your right I think I did confuse part of that.

Spike's old gang was the Red Dragon not the White Tiger right? Seems I'm trying to rationalize too much in terms of the series.
I've not done enough "research" to see the relevance, but deciding on Gren's actual gang isn't the point anyway.

1) This isn't Lynch All Indeterminate Genders. (thankfully...)
2) The White Tigers (a.k.a. Town) are only incidentally mentioned in any of the sources I've checked. Thus, the next point.
3) The only people I would expect to have names in this game are the recurring characters - who have conveniently been revealed to be in the scum faction(s). (Vicious is obvSK.)
4) It's --still-- quite plausible for there to be a generic Miller character in this game.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”