Mini 775 - Hammersmouth Is Under Attack! (Game over)

Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:18 am

Post by Tarballs »

Farkshinsoup's V/LA has been noted.

2nd Vote Count of Day 2

5 - _over9000
(Sotty7, Percy, iamausername, Farkshinsoup, CJMiller)
1 - Percy
(_over9000)
1 - Sotty7
(Wulfy*)
1 - Wulfy
(Artem)

2 - Not Voting
(Pablo Molinero, kabenon007)

*Wulfy's vote for _over9000 does not count, since he didn't unvote first.

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
Deadline: May 22nd, 2009
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:31 am

Post by iamausername »

CJMiller wrote:
Unvote

Vote: _over9000

Unvote, Vote: CJMiller
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:24 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Uh, yeah what the what?!

HoS: CJ

Please explain why you dropped a pseudo-hammer, especially, ironically, on the guy who has drawn suspicion, partly, for doing that same exact thing at the end of D1. Pablo had just said that he was at L-1, and asked for a claim. _over hasn't had any chance to respond to the wagon that formed against him since his post 256. How is that vote in any way good for the town/bad for scum?
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:29 am

Post by Artem »

Wulfy wrote: Artem: You can't really control how I play the game. However, I am interested, are you genuinely concerned that Sotty will be lynched at L-4? With a Godfather dead? Despite the fact his character has shown virtually zero threat to the mafia? (Sotty, this isn't to say you weren't trying, but the person you replaced was generally absent day 1, and thus, you haven't done too much yet...Except be a little crazy and controlling.)
I'm not concerned with Sotty getting lynched. I'm concerned with your poor scum-hunting.
Wulfy wrote: Side note: I know that IAAUN vote weird. If it wasn't the reactions wouldn't have been helpful, now would it?
On Day 1, you voted for IAAUN for no reason other than to fish for reactions. You didn't know what reactions to expect, you didn't analyze any of the reactions you got. What a great way to appear scumhunting without doing any actual work.
Wulfy wrote: Odds for final vote count:

There was 1-2 scum on Kirr (the lynch)

1 scum on CJ

1 scum not voting.
Another example of trying to be useful. Assuming this game is balanced (and there's no reason to think otherwise), there are at most 3 scum. With 1 lynched, at most 2 are left. That means that your wagon analysis is useless and your Sotty vote based on it even more so.

You weren't happy with Sotty's defense (which was as good as defense to a bad case can be), but you're parking vote on her anyway, because in your opinion, nothing scummy is happening.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Artem »

And if we have a Vig, they should probably shoot CJ. The guy deserves to die, but I don't think he's worth wasting a lynch on.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:23 am

Post by Percy »

Artem 266 wrote:Not only that, _over correcting his lack of unvote is exactly what we grilled Percy for early in the game (when Percy forgot to unvote on a random vote). So, it seems a bit hypocritical for Percy to jump on _over for doing the exact same thing.
When did _over ever say that he was correcting his vote? These were not the motives he has described at all.
Sotty7 270 wrote:How is [Artem's claim] any less solid than yesterday?
The way I see it, there could have been two outcomes - either he would have a list of names today, or he wouldn't. If he had a list of names, that would have strengthened his claim. Thus, without a list of names, he's either been roleblocked or lied initially. I'm still inclined to believe him (because it's a dumb role for scum to claim, and if you have the role I believe you should claim on day 1), but I'm a little more wary.
Sotty7 270 wrote:
Percy Post 258 wrote: Now it appears that CJ earnt a lot of townie points through yesterday's shenanigans, but that doesn't change that he was the most scummy to me for honest reasons.
Some people seem to think so. Are you one of those people? Also saying you suspected him for “honest reasons” is a tad redundant. Everyone is going to claim that about every wagon they are on, scum inculded.
My convictions as to CJ's scumminess were lessened, essentially because kirroha seemed to genuinely want CJ dead, and CJ voted kirroha. I can see the scenario where kirroha-as-godfather decided to bus CJ, however, and may have even been thinking of saving her skin by getting an unhelpful scum off her team and appearing townie for doing so.

As for the "honest reasons", I agree that it was a little redundant. I was merely pointing out that I gave transparent (and what I thought were actually good) reasons for pushing the CJ lynch, rather than jumping on with a "me too" or "diescumdie" vote.

Now CJ has attempted to hammer _over. I'm far more inclined to believe the bussing scenario now.

Unvote, Vote: CJMiller
. Explain, now.

@Wulfy: Do you still believe that Artem has a high chance of being scum? If so, why?

OOC:
iamausername wrote:Image
OMFGROFLSMILIE
CJMiller
CJMiller
he
Goon
CJMiller
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by CJMiller »

_over9000 is either lurking (scummy) or not playing anymore (even scummier). He deserves the hammer.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

To quote Clint Eastwood in
The Unforgiven
, "Deserves got nothing to do with it."

You know, as town, we try to work together, just a tiny little bit. This includes checking with the other players before you drop a quick hammer, or trying not to draw suspicion to yourself with every post you make. This is generally what townies do - you are not doing this. Why? Either you are scum or an obstinate, useless townie - which of those guys do you want to be?

CJ, please quote these questions, and then answer them directly:

Why did you feel that you had to drop the hammer right at that moment, instead of waiting for _over to claim, or at least show up and comment on what was going on? What evidence do you have that he was lurking?

(his last post on this site was his last post in this thread - about 48 hours before you tried to hammer him)

If you give another half answer, I'm going to assume that you are scum trying to weasel out and put my vote on you, and it will stay there for the rest of the day.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

_over9000 is either lurking (scummy) or not playing anymore (even scummier). He deserves the hammer.
Oh, CJ, thank you for confirming my suspicions. "Deserves"?! After a whole ONE post on a day that was little more than a page long at the time? Talk about depriving the town of material, particularly when the man hadn't even got to claim/defend himself. On top of that, the hypocrisy in hammering with little explanation is wonderful, when Over was getting grilled for the same damned thing. I know it wasn't you accusing him of this, because you won't find a whole lot in your posts, considering your whole argument was "I agree".

Feh.

unvote, vote: CJMiller
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:57 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

Giving no reason, just laying down the hammer... certainly scummy behavior... definitely against the town... but does it mean he is scum? I know it really gets into WIFOM, but why would he be that stupid? I think that that may have just fallen into his typical style of play.

However, seeing as how the vig did not get him last night, and there is a decent chance he is scum, I am willing to up it farther with a
Vote:CJMiller
. Explain yourself, sir.
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:08 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Wulfy Post 271 wrote:At Sotty: most of the things stated were about the person you replaced...so no stretchiness.

Also, I voted you off of basic vote analysis. My point is, why is artem freaking out and voting me over it? How is my action scummy? Why is he so freaked out over you.
I thought you were directly talking about me.

I don't see Artem “freaking out” I see him questioning you over your vote analysis where you happily clear a whole wagon and vote me for simply being the 4th vote on Kirr. I still don't see the logic.
CJMiller Post 274 wrote:
Unvote

Vote: _over9000
Explain.
Artem Post 279 wrote:And if we have a Vig, they should probably shoot CJ. The guy deserves to die, but I don't think he's worth wasting a lynch on.
I support this, but him being alive today doesn't bode well for us. I want CJ to answer the questions Fark posted, but I feel that getting any kind of explanation out of him will be like pulling teeth.
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:48 am

Post by Tarballs »

3rd Vote Count of Day 2

4 - CJMiller
(iamausername, Percy, Pablo Molinero, kabenon007)
3 - _over9000
(Sotty7, Farkshinsoup, CJMiller)
1 - Percy
(_over9000)
1 - Sotty7
(Wulfy)
1 - Wulfy
(Artem)

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
Deadline: May 22nd, 2009
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

So I'm gone until after the weekend.

I'm going to
unvote
Vote: CJ Miller

If he's lynched when I get back, I won't be sad.
CJMiller
CJMiller
he
Goon
CJMiller
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by CJMiller »

Farkshinsoup wrote: Why did you feel that you had to drop the hammer right at that moment, instead of waiting for _over to claim, or at least show up and comment on what was going on? What evidence do you have that he was lurking?
The reason that I voted for _over9000 was because he has been inactive for 48 hours. Inactivity == lurking. No exceptions.

Shit, you're acting like my English teacher. She thinks that 50 pages isn't enough answer to a 2-sentence question.
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:11 pm

Post by Wulfy »

Farkshinsoup wrote:
Wulfy wrote:Also, I voted you off of basic vote analysis. My point is, why is artem freaking out and voting me over it? How is my action scummy?
Maybe because your "vote analysis" is crap?
Yeah, and my post essentially sums up that idea. Which is why Artem's paranoia strikes me as strange. Still, I'm going to skip over this. I like the Percy attacking everyone theory better. Also, I'm somewhat wondering if our view on 9000 is skewed. We have time, so I'm headed down a different venue:

Unvote, vote percy

I believe Kirr went out of her way to protect you is also a fairly valid argument.
w:l:d
2:3:0
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by Percy »

@CJMiller:

Voting someone without stating your reasons is bad.
Hammering without stating your reasons is worse.
Hammering without stating your reasons while the person who's at L-1 hasn't had a chance to respond to the questions put to them is even worse.

...and the "he didn't post for 48 hours" excuse just doesn't make it any better.

Your emotional appeals, active lurking and lack of clear argumentation was bad enough, but this takes the cake in anti-town play.

Are you just the worst townie ever? Possibly, but if someone plays as anti-town as you have been, then they should be lynched as scum. "No exceptions".
Wulfy 289 wrote:I like the Percy attacking everyone theory better.
Say what? What is this theory you're referencing?
Wulfy 289 wrote:
Unvote, vote percy

I believe Kirr went out of her way to protect you is also a fairly valid argument.
Double say what? Can you at least provide some evidence where she went out of her way to protect me? If you had said "gone out of her way to attack me", then maybe, but when did she go out of her way to
defend
me?
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:07 pm

Post by Tarballs »

Prodding _over9000.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:41 am

Post by iamausername »

Artem wrote:And if we have a Vig, they should probably shoot CJ. The guy deserves to die, but I don't think he's worth wasting a lynch on.
If this was going to happen, it probably would have done last night. And even if CJ turned out to be town, I'm not sure I'd call his lynch a 'waste'.
CJMiller wrote:Shit, you're acting like my English teacher. She thinks that 50 pages isn't enough answer to a 2-sentence question.

How about ZERO WORDS? Is
that
enough to answer these questions here:
iamausername wrote:
CJMiller wrote:Also, I think it's more than a little scummy not to have a vote when the hammer comes down.
That would be great if the question I'd asked you was "Do you think it is scummy to be not voting at the end of a day?". But it wasn't. The question was "Why do you think it is scummy to be not voting at the end of a day?".
CJMiller wrote:Vote: Percy for acting as separate from the town and other scummy behavior.
What other scummy behaviour?
I don't think so.

And a new one for you: Do you think that voting for whoever has the most votes besides yourself is a good way to secure a town win?

Any time someone wants to hammer CJ is fine by me, because I don't believe for a second that he's actually going to answer any of these questions in a useful manner. I don't know why I'm bothering, really.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:34 am

Post by Artem »

IAAUN wrote: If this was going to happen, it probably would have done last night. And even if CJ turned out to be town, I'm not sure I'd call his lynch a 'waste'.
True, but at beginning of Day 2 a lot of people agreed that CJ gained a few townie points when Kirr flipped scum. This may have dissuaded the vig (assuming there is one) from shooting CJ last night.

I still like my vote on Wulfy.
Wulfy wrote: I like the Percy attacking everyone theory better.
What theory?
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:25 pm

Post by Wulfy »

I apologize Percy, I was an idiot. Thought "attack," typed "defend." Very stupid, but at least you figured it out.

Also, Percy, I believe someone else originated a theory that you were attacking several people, so a vote for erroneous/off the wall reasons is much better for a reaction than a regular vote with a logical case. Logical cases have the weakness of being logically countered. Off the wall doesn't.

Also, I disagree with the CJMillar attack solely on the basis that he didn't need to vote Kirr yesterday, but he did. He also did it for stupid reasons and in scummy fashion, but his motives appear not to be scum driven. I see no reason to vote him out of the game on a policy lynched when more could be game by the lynching of a more active player who seems to have a slight scum intention or via use of the Godfather flip yesterday. I truly think CJ is the wrong venue, but he isn't a terrible lynch. Just not the best play. I'm thinking though...
w:l:d
2:3:0
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:33 pm

Post by Tarballs »

_over9000 hasn't picked up his prod, so I'll start searching for a replacement. _over9000 can still continue the game, if he manages to post before I find a replacement.
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 1:08 am

Post by Tarballs »

Xtoxm replaces _over9000.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 1:37 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Hey all.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 1:49 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Unvote Vote CJMiller

His attitude is incredibly anti-town.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 1:53 am

Post by Xtoxm »

And you know what, I think I should just claim, because i'm clearly going to be lynched otherwise.

I am a Weak Tracker - I find out if someone used an action or not.

Over did not send a choice night one.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”