Trotsky
Trotsky
Townie
Trotsky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:15 am

Post by Trotsky »

Apples and Banana wrote:That will lead to lurking, though.

If my partner says something that is questioned/attacked, then I can't post until she does without a) avoiding the issue, looking scummy or b) saying its a different head.
i never said you have to talk with your other head before posting. but the town shouldn't know the difference between the two.
Ultimatism is an attempt to rape the working class after failing to convince it.--Leon Trotsky, Bureaucratic Ultimatism (1932)
Incamnito
Incamnito
Townie
Incamnito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:02 am

Post by Incamnito »

Post 21, Trotsky wrote:it is optimal that the two heads of a hydra can't be told apart, so that any opinions can't be tied to one player or the other. differences in opinion within the hydras can potentially be exploited by scum.
This strikes me as counterintuitive and seems particularly odd coming from you if you're the roflcopter half of Trotsky like I suspect you are. I know you're a fairly meta-based player, so why would you be
against
removing the potential meta aspect of the game by not allowing for signing of posts to determine who is who?
Post 15, Ortohoops wrote:
What can you tell me about team ortohoops, pocketface?
Was there a point to this question?

Ftr, I'll be signing my posts.

- Incog.
CaffieneDeity (1:34:50 AM): (Don't self vote. That's just ridiculous..)
Trotsky
Trotsky
Townie
Trotsky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:19 am

Post by Trotsky »

incamnito: i'll take responsibility for that post (korts), but i honestly think that a meta consisting of two players isn't that much more difficult to explore than a meta of one, while a percieved difference of opinion between two heads of one hydra can lead to exploitation by scum.

if rofl disagrees with me i'll sign my posts from here on in and/or stop trying to imitate his posting style, but right now this is what i think is the most helpful.
Ultimatism is an attempt to rape the working class after failing to convince it.--Leon Trotsky, Bureaucratic Ultimatism (1932)
PoketheAlpaca
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:35 am

Post by PoketheAlpaca »

I agree with everyhting PF has said.
Ill reread later.
This is a Populartajo Pokerface shared account.
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:52 am

Post by whoami8 »

Discussing semantics without scumhunting is scummy.

vote: Apples and Bananas

I really don't care if people want to sign names or not. I don't think it matters. If the hydra partner disagrees, they'll just say so.
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:47 am

Post by whoami8 »

Trotsky wrote:
PoketheAlpaca wrote:It should be obvious which I be in my hydra when since Tajo's play style is different from mine and I make lawls. Though should we make it a policy to identify who is who when? Feels a little against the spirit of things so i can't decide.
it is optimal that the two heads of a hydra can't be told apart, so that any opinions can't be tied to one player or the other. differences in opinion within the hydras can potentially be exploited by scum.
It seems if the two heads can be told apart then they're
less
likely to be exploited.
Raging Wishbone wrote:I think this game should be over by page 31 (3 scumkills),
This seems to imply knowledge of the SK vs. Vig option.
Pesco Light
Pesco Light
Townie
Pesco Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Pesco Light »

Raging Wishbone wrote:Signing names does help the town in a way, but it also creates tons of confusion since it sorta turns this into a 28 player game. Not sure whether or not it's the right approach, it's quite easy to tell everyone you have a meta on by their style anyways.

I think this game should be over by page 31 (3 scumkills), 36 at the very worst. So less fluff and more substance, people.
My gut reads scum from this post. It feels like a conscious effort to try look town posting stuff like this.
Apples and Banana wrote:If my partner says something that is questioned/attacked, then I can't post until she does without a) avoiding the issue, looking scummy or b) saying its a different head.
This is a non-issue. You should be comfortable enough with your partner that even if there are differences in opinions/responses, you can rationalise it and explain things. You're sharing the same role and alignment, I don't buy anyone claiming to be so incompetent that they can't post due to something their player slot said.

Unvote
Vote Apples&Banana

Pesco
"Doesn't pesco mean fish?" --elvis_knits
Incamnito
Incamnito
Townie
Incamnito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:25 am

Post by Incamnito »

Post 27, Trotsky wrote:incamnito: i'll take responsibility for that post (korts), but i honestly think that a meta consisting of two players isn't that much more difficult to explore than a meta of one, while a percieved difference of opinion between two heads of one hydra can lead to exploitation by scum.
Yeah, I thought it was roflcopter because of the lower-case typing pattern. And I disagree about the exploitation by scum thing -- I think scum could have the ability to hide behind a partner if one head gets into some trouble and the other head just so happens to be better at avoiding the pressure. Also, just because two hydras manage to disagree doesn't mean that the head who might have stated an opinion might just be left off the hook; he or she should still be held accountable for anything mentioned in-thread and should be completely prepared to back up his or her opinion if questioned on it.

@Pesco Light:
Any reason you chose to vote Apples and Bananas there over Raging Wishbone? Your comment about Raging Wishbone made it seem like you found him scummier than Apples and Bananas but yet you chose to vote A and B instead of RW.

- Incog.
Pesco Light
Pesco Light
Townie
Pesco Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:31 am

Post by Pesco Light »

Gut read isn't as conclusive as a post of making a scummy excuse.
Trotsky
Trotsky
Townie
Trotsky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:49 am

Post by Trotsky »

Incamnito wrote:Also, just because two hydras manage to disagree doesn't mean that the head who might have stated an opinion might just be left off the hook; he or she should still be held accountable for anything mentioned in-thread and should be completely prepared to back up his or her opinion if questioned on it.
hydras should be accountable for their actions and opinions as a whole, not per kopf. and a hydra or head being let off the hook isn't a problem caused by acting as one, it's just plain bad interrogating.
Ortohoops
Ortohoops
Townie
Ortohoops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:01 am

Post by Ortohoops »

Incamnito wrote:
Post 15, Ortohoops wrote:
What can you tell me about team ortohoops, pocketface?
Was there a point to this question?

Ftr, I'll be signing my posts.

- Incog.
Not really - more just playful banter before anything substancial develops. Are you going to tell me off for making a post that didn't contain an accusation?
Incamnito
Incamnito
Townie
Incamnito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Incamnito »

Post 35, Ortohoops wrote:
Not really - more just playful banter before anything substancial develops. Are you going to tell me off for making a post that didn't contain an accusation?
Actually, I initially thought your question served a purpose -- perhaps you were pointing out an inconsistency in PF's response on Page 1 (a sort of hey, you haven't played or modded with any of Ortohoops; care to explain why you haven't voted us?!) but judging by PF's response to your question, it appears as though you two
have
played with one another in two separate games. IMO, a post completely devoid of any real game-related content strikes me as anti-town at best and scummy at worst when this game's major mechanic has action phases governed by page counts and this is why I called you out about it.

Now, why are you deflecting suspicion back at me just for asking you this question?
Post 33, Pesco Light wrote:Gut read isn't as conclusive as a post of making a scummy excuse.
Fair enough.

- Incog.
Ortohoops
Ortohoops
Townie
Ortohoops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:15 am

Post by Ortohoops »

Incamnito wrote:
Post 35, Ortohoops wrote:
Actually, I initially thought your question served a purpose -- perhaps you were pointing out an inconsistency in PF's response on Page 1 (a sort of hey, you haven't played or modded with any of Ortohoops; care to explain why you haven't voted us?!) but judging by PF's response to your question, it appears as though you two
have
played with one another in two separate games. IMO, a post completely devoid of any real game-related content strikes me as anti-town at best and scummy at worst when this game's major mechanic has action phases governed by page counts and this is why I called you out about it.

Now, why are you deflecting suspicion back at me just for asking you this question?
Post 33, Pesco Light wrote:Gut read isn't as conclusive as a post of making a scummy excuse.
Fair enough.

- Incog.
I'm not deflecting suspicion back at you at all, I'm preempting your response. Do you think random votes are game-related content?
Incamnito
Incamnito
Townie
Incamnito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by Incamnito »

Completely random votes that are dependent on the dice tag = no.
Arbitrary votes used to kick the game off = yes.

You'd be amazed at how many seemingly "random" votes actually serve a purpose, hence they're game-related.

- Incog.
Ortohoops
Ortohoops
Townie
Ortohoops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Ortohoops »

Incamnito wrote:Completely random votes that are dependent on the dice tag = no.
Arbitrary votes used to kick the game off = yes.

You'd be amazed at how many seemingly "random" votes actually serve a purpose, hence they're game-related.

- Incog.
I still think dice tag votes can be as telling as selecting a name from the list. Although it's completely random, the action itself of using dice is still an active decision. Just the same way someone may choose to lurk through the 'random vote' phase or comepletely reject it.

It's almost kind of ironic that my non-game related post has sparked more game related discussion than almost all the random votes.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by Zaphod Beeblebrox »

Please stop wasting time on chit chat and get on with the LYNCH TROTSKY OPERATION. He is not his town self.

unvote, vote: Trotsky
[i]"That's it,' said Zaphod with the sort of grin that would get most people locked away in a room with soft walls."[/i]
Trotsky
Trotsky
Townie
Trotsky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by Trotsky »

unvote, vote: apples and bananas

it is decided. simultaneously wasting posts and providing a reason to lurk? lets do this, in as few posts as possible.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:Please stop wasting time on chit chat and get on with the LYNCH TROTSKY OPERATION. He is not his town self.

whose meta are you basing this on?
Yosariwen
Yosariwen
Townie
Yosariwen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by Yosariwen »

Hmm...I think that, because of the nature of the game, people who make a lot of extra, wasted posts are scummy. Lurking is still very bad, but spamming isn't great either; we basically want to do at least one lynch every scumkill, so every 12 pages, and more would be better.

Posting is still good, we should still be lynching lurkers and such, but posts should either be activly scumhunting and wagoning or at least activly contributing to the game in some way. I think the worst offender so far is PoketheAlpaca, who has two completly useless posts so far.
PoketheAlpaca wrote:
Yosariwen wrote:
PoketheAlpaca wrote:I, PokerFace, have never modded or played with anyone in the Raging Wishbone pairing

Vote: Raging Wishbone

Suspect the unexpected
Have you
modded or
played with at least one member of all other hydras?
Yes, I have.

<<PF
This one is especally bad, especally for a TWO PAGE GAME.
PoketheAlpaca wrote:I agree with everyhting PF has said.
Ill reread later.
Why make an completly contentless post like this?

Vote:PoketheAlpaca

(Note that I do NOT want this to go to the extent that people are afraid to say stuff; everyone should be posting content, we do not want to get into a "short and sweet" situation where the game dies because people are afraid to post, and a lynch every 12 pages should NOT be that hard in any case. It's just complete spam posts like this one that look anti-town to me here.)

Also, I tend to disagree with Trotsky; if I can tell the two heads apart, I expect it'll be somewhat easier for me to read the hydra's alignment, and to follow both people's lines of thought and stuff.

-Yos
Saunt Adelaus
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:25 pm

Post by Saunt Adelaus »

Votecount as of post 42:

Apples and Banana:
:Raging Wishbone, sex w/ shafteds wife club, Pesco Light, Trotsky
Yosariwen:
:Incamnito, Death the Hogfather,
Trotsky:
:PoketheAlpaca, Zaphod Beeblebrox,
Frog Dodging:
:Zmd,
Pesco Light:
:J-Scope,
PoketheAlpaca:
: Yosariwen,

not voting:
: Apples and Banana, Frog Dodging, Ortohoops,

while 14 players are alive, 8 votes will lynch

warning: been drinking. this votecount may contain errors. <3 Adel
[color=darkblue]DHSDSM α and DHSDSM β and hydra oh my! [/color] -- (Adel+Claus)
Apples and Banana
Apples and Banana
Townie
Apples and Banana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:49 am

Post by Apples and Banana »

Wait...are we being voted for the comment about wanting to tell the heads apart? If xofelf makes a post, and before we talk about it, I come online and there's a bunch of questions surrounding her post, I'm going to let her answer them. But if I have something else to comment on, I will. Hence wanting the poster to be differentiable, in my opinion.

Having said that, I agree with Yosariwen's point about PokertheAlpaca.

Vote: Poker
* 2 Apples
* 1 Banana
* LOTS of fun
Frog Dodging
Frog Dodging
Townie
Frog Dodging
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:01 am

Post by Frog Dodging »

Raging Wishbone wrote:
Vote apples and banana.
Many apples, but just one banana?

Signing names does help the town in a way, but it also creates tons of confusion since it sorta turns this into a 28 player game. Not sure whether or not it's the right approach, it's quite easy to tell everyone you have a meta on by their style anyways.

I think this game should be over by page 31 (3 scumkills), 36 at the very worst. So less fluff and more substance, people.
Three scumkills would only end the game in a typical twelve player game if we also not only lynched three times in that period but all of those lynches were also mislynches. If you consider that furthermore we're fourteen players in this game, not twelve, it makes your stance even more bizarre.

I do think that it is optimal to lynch at least once for every scumkill, if possible.

I completely agree with Yos2. Action phases help scum.
Vote: PokeTheAlpaca
WAGONWAGONWAGONWAGON GO!

I have no intention of signing my posts. My posts are (or at least should be) indicative of the thoughts of both me and my partner. Any differences we have we will resolve out of thread. To be honest, I expect you all to be able to tell the difference between us anyway, but I don't see any massive benefit to the town to distinguishing definitively between us - trying to keep tack of each individual head's opinion as opposed to the entire hydra's opinion is just going to be a distraction to the town.
PoketheAlpaca
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:42 am

Post by PoketheAlpaca »

Trotsky wrote:
PoketheAlpaca wrote:Acusing or searching for an SK this early when we don't know there is one? That means one of 2 things:
1. Your Mafia trying to kill your scummy oposition.
2. You are an SK making a slip.
Looks like I can't be wrong
Unvote, Vote: Trotsky
this post means one of 1 thing:
you haven't read terry pratchett
and thus can't see the conclusive proof that death the hogfather is sk.
No I haven't
Yosariwen wrote:I think the worst offender so far is PoketheAlpaca, who has two completly useless posts so far.
PoketheAlpaca wrote:
Yosariwen wrote:
PoketheAlpaca wrote:I, PokerFace, have never modded or played with anyone in the Raging Wishbone pairing

Vote: Raging Wishbone

Suspect the unexpected
Have you
modded or
played with at least one member of all other hydras?
Yes, I have.

<<PF
You or probably your other head asked a question in the quote. I felt it was apropriate to answer. Did you think the back and forth questioning between OrtoHoops and Incamn was apropriate including the banter? What do you think of random voting in general and in the context of this game? how often do you random vote yourself?

Me and tajo have been chatting some but it appears the time would better be focused in the game in as few posts as possible in order to get the scum. I guess If you have something more useful than agreeing with others, that is what you should be saying instead.
sex w/ shafteds wife club wrote:
Raging Wishbone wrote:I think this game should be over by page 31 (3 scumkills),
This seems to imply knowledge of the SK vs. Vig option.
Pointing out possible Vigs helps the scum. Do you actually think RW is an SK?
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:30 am

Post by Raging Wishbone »

Apples and Banana wrote:Wait...are we being voted for the comment about wanting to tell the heads apart? If xofelf makes a post, and before we talk about it, I come online and there's a bunch of questions surrounding her post, I'm going to let her answer them. But if I have something else to comment on, I will. Hence wanting the poster to be differentiable, in my opinion.

Having said that, I agree with Yosariwen's point about PokertheAlpaca.

Vote: Poker
I have not spoken with my partner since we started yesterday, however my feeling knowing his play style is he was scumhunting, to see who would wagon and how you would react. Considering you have 4 votes already, I am gonna unvote...

UNVOTE: Apples & Banana

If he has something more tangible he wishes to persue; I am sure he will post it later with his comments. I don't find anything scummy with your play thus far, then again this thread is moving really slow so there is not much to go on yet to lock onto, imo. I think that's the point he was probably getting at with his observations regaring fluff vs substance....
Frog Dodging wrote:
Raging Wishbone wrote:
Vote apples and banana.
Many apples, but just one banana?

Signing names does help the town in a way, but it also creates tons of confusion since it sorta turns this into a 28 player game. Not sure whether or not it's the right approach, it's quite easy to tell everyone you have a meta on by their style anyways.

Three scumkills would only end the game in a typical twelve player game if we also not only lynched three times in that period but all of those lynches were also mislynches. If you consider that furthermore we're fourteen players in this game, not twelve, it makes your stance even more bizarre.

I do think that it is optimal to lynch at least once for every scumkill, if possible.
I actually think his stance is prudent, at least as an observation or even "word of caution". We need to be careful with our lynches, we can not afford three mislynches or this game could be over shortly after page 36. Those are my intial thoughts as far as the game and set-up...
PoketheAlpaca
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by PoketheAlpaca »

Sorry Im not posting much here. Changing acounts is more detestable than I thought.

Ill give you my thoughts tonight.

Tajo..
Pesco Light
Pesco Light
Townie
Pesco Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by Pesco Light »

Pesco, why are you voting a non-threat? You should be voting for scum, like this:

Vote: Pesco Light
Meta mate.

If my partner says something that is questioned/attacked, then I can't post until she does without a) avoiding the issue, looking scummy or b) saying its a different head.
Or...you could accept the fact that you and your partner are the same entity, and play as such. Yanno, like you are supposed. What, do you expect us to say you are town but your other half isn't? It doesn't work like that.
Discussing semantics without scumhunting is scummy.

vote: Apples and Bananas

I really don't care if people want to sign names or not. I don't think it matters. If the hydra partner disagrees, they'll just say so.

This says it better ^-^

It is official. Pesco and I will be arranging the marriage in Iowa soon.
Please stop wasting time on chit chat and get on with the LYNCH TROTSKY OPERATION. He is not his town self.

But he's obvtown....really
Wait...are we being voted for the comment about wanting to tell the heads apart? If xofelf makes a post, and before we talk about it, I come online and there's a bunch of questions surrounding her post, I'm going to let her answer them. But if I have something else to comment on, I will. Hence wanting the poster to be differentiable, in my opinion.
And you say this without signing your post. And I've already given you my stance. This doesn't cut it.

So, anyway, on that note, I'll add an
FoS: Every post signer

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”