ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:07 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

/confirm

Mmm... Where's the beef? I've been craving a burger since it was mentioned in the queue. [And thus had an extensive conversation about it. In the queue. >>]
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:37 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

I think I've played with only two people from the player list (in mafia games.)

Most of the names seem pretty unknown to me.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:48 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Vi wrote: @ShadowGirl: Am I scummy for suggesting that we skip the RVS in favor of revealing discussion?
@VP: Where have you heard of me? :3

@Juls: Ah, what luck to get miller~

@PF: I don't see any reason not to ask for a flavour claim. I'm not familliar with the flavour or anything, or whether revealing hers could help scum?

Here is the game that she's talking about : Insane Asylum

I mean, I should know considering I'm the one who replaced her. xD
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:49 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

@Vi: The sentence deleted itself right after I pressed post. o_O

No, I don't think you're scummy for skipping the RVS - perhaps the opposite, even.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:20 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

@Vi:
The RVS seems to elicit trivial reasons that lead to people's lynch. Then again, I've practically been in large theme's for the past while, so it could merely be an observation on those type of games.

I was on another forum simply with the name 'Shadow' and was often mistaken for a guy, so I tacked on the second part.
Do you believe her and why?
For some reason I'm slightly torn - perhaps because I was the one who replaced her in that game. However, I do lean towards believing her. Her current behaviour seems to match that of the other game. It could possibly be a scum gambit, but I don't believe it is.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:30 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

VP Baltar wrote:
ShadowGirl wrote:@VP: Where have you heard of me? :3
"Upon closer inspection, these are penny loafers."

I guess I haven't, sorry. I was confusing you with ShadowLurker. :oops: You can strike your name from that list, 'cause I have no clue who the hell you are .
Yeah, I didn't think I was that prominent a member. I think I may have heard of you... were you perhaps nominated for a Scummy?
Well, if don't believe it is and you know the circumstances around her replacement in the other game, why do you only "lean towards believing her". This is probably nitpicking because so many people are wishy-washy in what they say, but it seems to me like either you believe her or you do not given the evidence.
That's my style of writing, I suppose. I tend to write what I think, and in that thought process is doubt.

Then to clarify: I believe her.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

My memory has not failed me.

I try to be as clear as possible, but I do understand how it is sometimes hard to determine fencesitting. I'll try have a 'to clarify' if I'm writing big walls of incomprehensible text in the future. <3

I, as well believe that Juls shouldn't be checked out until later in the game or cop/s had doubt/s about their sanities. I mean, Jahudo did promise crazy stuff in this game, but I don't think it will be say, as insane with sanities as the link to the game I posted to.

I feel guilty for taking up nearly every other post. >_>;
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

Rhinox wrote:We're on page 2 and Juls has only posted what, 5 times, and you already think you can match her playstyle in this game to her other game? I find this suspicious.
'Seems' to match - obviously it can't be 100% accurate play by play, especially considering she was in the other game for like, six pages. Just the... easily frustrated/irritable behaviour appears to be similar.
Rhinox wrote:I know who you are. :twisted:
How so?
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

Since I clearly have no intention of beginning an assignment at the moment:
Rhinox wrote:Again, I don't know a whole lot about millers.
To clarify: do you not know not merely how to handle them, or what the role does?
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (isolation #9) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

Rhinox wrote:
ShadowGirl wrote:
Rhinox wrote:I know who you are. :twisted:
How so?
SAW GAME ;)
Oh, wow. Guess my memory isn't that
good
. >>
Different avatar?
Rhinox wrote:I know what the role does. I don't know the best way to handle them, typically, but it seems the correct answer when they early claim is to let their actions decide if they get lynched.
Alright. It was the combination of the following statements that made me unsure of what information pertaining millers you didn't know about - since it seemed you had a grasp of what they did. I was unsure as to what you didn't know about millers.
I'd say the biggest reason to claiming miller early is so a cop doesn't waste an investiation on you. Perhaps there are more/better - I've certainly seen the "when to claim miller" thread and can go back and parrot some pros, but I don't think I've been in a game with a miller before so I'm not sure the best way to handle them.
Again, I don't know a whole lot about millers.
@PF: I don't know, I wouldn't want to count out sanities just yet. I mean, Insane Mafia was... well, insane and that was a mini. Summary: Two millers, one death miller, one anti-miller. One sane, one insane cop. And a godfather. But then again, this is forbiddan.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (isolation #10) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:25 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Rhinox wrote:Since I've been in so many games with Juls, I would say I don't think its in her nature to try this kind of a gambit as scum. However, its possible she'd been planning on trying it ever since that last game she linked to. Again, I don't know a whole lot about millers.
Since you've said you've been in so many games with Juls' - does her current behaviour match her town meta? Scum meta?

@FL: I totally called that anti-miller. ;P Nobody believed me, though. :
ZEE wrote:uot;]This lets us know that we do in fact have a cop.
Not for certain. Jahudo could just be messing with us. I don't see the reasoning that makes this pro-town. After all, town shouldn't be entirely concerned about there is a cop - they should be scumhunting on their own. It probably benifits scum more, seeing as they now know of one power that is out there 'for sure'. [More often then not in such cases.]
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:26 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Don wrote:How many games have you read/been in with juls? Can you provide evidence where juls is not “easily frustrated/irritable”?
Just one - where I replaced her. I have not yet been in a game with her. The meta point is very weak, obviously. I just don't believe that she would play the gambit as scum.

Why am I providing evidence for such a thing?
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:08 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

don_johnson wrote:
ShadowGirl wrote:
Don wrote:How many games have you read/been in with juls? Can you provide evidence where juls is not “easily frustrated/irritable”?
Just one - where I replaced her. I have not yet been in a game with her. The meta point is very weak, obviously. I just don't believe that she would play the gambit as scum.

Why am I providing evidence for such a thing?
first off: you are not providing evidence. second, i am skeptical of meta arguments in general. you pointed to her play in a specific way and stated that it was what led you to believe her claim. i am asking you to back up your statements with data. if you can't, then perhaps you should avoid making such statements. why don't you believe that she would play the gambit as scum? i.e. she claimed miller and has all but dissappeared for day one. noone is voting her and other players are willing to use her claim to test the sanity of a cop. sounds like an awfully comfortable place for scum to be. yet you believe her claim based on "obviously weak" meta. thank you for clarifying.
Point one: I still don't get what the point in me providing evidence for her not being 'easily frustrated/irritable'. Can you explain this more clearly?

Point two: By providing evidence... wouldn't that be the game I linked to? The meta thing and not believing her to play such a gambit as scum are two different points, not correlating to each other. It wasn't the meta that ultimately lead me to believe her - the being 'easily irrated'. The fact that she wouldn't play such a gambit as scum is because one : I don't believe her to be that experienced to perhaps successfully pull something off. (No offense to you, Juls.); two: the majority of the player list are experienced players, and would surely do anything but give her a free ride based on that. The fact that she claimed first thing is the icing on the cake, because of the experience she had in the other game she was miller, if she recieved the role again I believe she would claim it early. I don't see how all eyes on her is a comfortable position for scum, especially if cops want to specifically target her.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

Juls wrote:Well, I appreciate the "no offense" but I am slightly offended. I have played in quiet a few more games sense then and I think I do a decent job. Don't base your views of me on just one game that I got frustrated in.
Apologies. It wasn't meant to be an insult - the sentence following that was meant to be combined with the first one, not to really be read as a seperate point. My thoughts are rather disjointed. It's more of a nod to everyone in this game instead of a shot at you. And I have absolutely no sense of time. Is it really May? o_o;
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:40 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Don wrote:game starts with a list of names. some are scum and some are town. we don't know which is which. in theory, everyone starts in the middle: neither scum/nor town. when you move a player from the middle to either end, you should be able to explain your reasoning. we don't allow votes with little reasoning, why should we allow "townie brownies" devoid of reasoning? you seem to be working from the standpoint that you believe juls. i can accept this, but you claim that your belief is based on two points. a) meta(of which you point to one game. b) her lack of experience causing you to believe she would not try this type of scum gambit. you have admitted that the meta is weak. tell me this: if you only have one game to draw this meta from, why are you so quick to now call her "inexperienced"? it just seems to me that you are trying to find any way you can to believe her claim. perhaps its because you know it to be true?
Four points, actually. Of which their weight of why I believe her is higher at the bottom.
a) Meta - Obviously I wouldn't believe her completely on such a weak meta, just scanning through the insane asylum game her behaviour seemed to be similar.
b) Lack of experience - though, I hadn't quite realized that the Insane Asylum game began in October and believed it to be more recent. After all, I replaced in on Day 2 about a two months ago, I suppose?
c) The implications of trying such a gambit with an experienced player list.
d) 'Learning her lesson' : I believe if she got the role again she would explain it early so as not to go through all that again.

I'm not seeing the logic on the last one... regardless of alignment I still wouldn't know her role. (For all I know, she could be a power role who is merely 'disguising' herself as a miller.) Secondly, how would believing her benifit me? (As scum - is what I'm assuming is the point you're making.)
Don wrote:in regards to your comments: all eyes are not on her, and why would any cop waste an investigation on her?
Bad wording on my part for the first half of the sentence: not that all eyes are on her at the moment, but in general. I don't think anyone is going to completely brush away the miller claim, and that I think that making such a claim would throw some suspicion on her.
Don wrote:^^ this is the only part of your explanation that makes sense. why are you trying to bolster your position with more than this? i.e. saying her play is "frustrated/irritable, and that she is inexperienced.
If I have other reasons, shouldn't I mention them?
Sanity check.

I have to go to school, and so I'll share my thoughts on other things when I get back.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #15) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:40 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Mod: Can you fix my quotes on post 129?

Done. ~Jah
Don wrote:post 129 is somewhat nonsensical. shadow, are you now admitting that you have no real idea of how experienced juls actually is?
What about it is nonsensical? I've clearly outlined my points. As well, you seem to be missing that the meta argument is the least weighted of my points.

Anyway, I suppose I am a bit out of loop : I wasn't aware that she'd played many games from that. (I didn't know how long she left MS for.]
Don wrote:exactly what are "the implications of trying such a gambit with an experienced player list. "?
That, perhaps normally she would be getting a free ride from such a claim. This would not be the case here.
Don wrote:if she is scum then you are bolstering her position, if she is town, then you are buddying and attempting to look pro town.
From the perspective of me being scum:
If she is scum and gets lynched, then wouldn't I be automatically implicated?

If she is town, then I'm reducing my pool of people to mislynch.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (isolation #16) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:26 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Mod: V/LA 'til likely Monday.

Because of my superb (humour me) activity in the first few days, that means I've been lagging in all my schoolwork. See you when my integrated project, whole unit of computer science and ASP project is done.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (isolation #17) » Mon May 04, 2009 10:40 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

I know I promised that I would post on Monday, but school doesn't seem to want to give me a break. However, I am at dedicated to honouring my commitment for this game so I'm down to only this game and another one which is at LYLO. I shall have a post up on Wednesday, unless by some miracle I finish my integrated project today.

If you have any specific questions you want me to answer, post them and I'll get to them.

I, as well, am only in favour of a flavour claim (unless Juls, you think it's detrimental to town - then no.)
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1711 (isolation #18) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

Congrats to town, and I'm glad I left when I did since the following week I was up 'til the wee hours of the morning completing homework.

Sorry Jahudo for somehow not seeing earlier that there was no way I could handle this game, but town was certainly quick with those wall of texts.

I enjoyed playing with all of you for the short time I was easier, especially you PF! We'll have to team some other time. :]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”