Mini 775 - Hammersmouth Is Under Attack! (Game over)

Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by Wulfy »

The sad part is that Kirr voted fourth on CJ yesterday. Odds CJ is scum is virtually zero in my book, and would have meritted my vote today. Odds for final vote count:

There was 1-2 scum on Kirr (the lynch)

1 scum on CJ

1 scum not voting.

Artem isn't definite scum, but is much higher. I am pseudo clearing the CJ lynch since I think scum would have attempted to avoid voting with Kirr who was an obvious lynch by vote 2-3. Therefore, Scum would have joined the Kirr wagon early.

Kabe-Sotty, highly suspicious.
CJ Voters-seconday
Artem-tertiary
User-9000-Last suspicious.

Vote: Sotty7

Basic vote analysis.
w:l:d
2:3:0
CJMiller
CJMiller
he
Goon
CJMiller
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by CJMiller »

I voted for Artem to jumpstart discussion.

Also, I think it's more than a little scummy not to have a vote when the hammer comes down.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:18 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

As much as it pains me to admit it, yesterday's result helps out CJ's town-case a whole lot. Wulfy, what arbitrary designations are you giving with the "basic vote analysis"? I don't agree with the idea that,
I think scum would have attempted to avoid voting with Kirr who was an obvious lynch by vote 2-3.
It seems to me that once Kirr was outed with the whole "requesting a replacement, still posting on the site" deal, late in the day, it would be in the best interest of scum to distance quickly. I'm not sure if scum would distance *that* quickly. Whether you're pointedly trying to draw attention away from yourself or not, I don't know, but it stands to reason that you and over_9000 were in that group.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:04 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

While I don't think CJ is innocent because of kirroha's alignment, I would say it helped him out considerably. However, I would caution everyone not to simply write him off as town. His scumminess did not change just because kirroha flipped scum. I originally suspected CJMiller a lot because it seemed like kirroha and he were bussing significantly, but going back I can't seem to find enough evidence to support my thoughts on that. Will have to read through and search a bit more for that, but not right now, cuz it's really late.

@Wulfy real quick because I just saw it... you say Artem is not definite scum but is much higher, but you've only got him at your third level of suspicion, which puts only two people below him, IAAUN and over9000. That's not "much higher." Care to comment?
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:18 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Wulfy Post 250 wrote:The sad part is that Kirr voted fourth on CJ yesterday. Odds CJ is scum is virtually zero in my book, and would have meritted my vote today. Odds for final vote count:

1 scum on CJ

1 scum not voting.

Artem isn't definite scum, but is much higher. I am pseudo clearing the CJ lynch since I think scum would have attempted to avoid voting with Kirr who was an obvious lynch by vote 2-3. Therefore, Scum would have joined the Kirr wagon early.

CJ Voters-seconday
Artem-tertiary

Basic vote analysis.
I don't get it.

You say scum would have joined the Kirr wagon early but I was the 4th vote, how is that early? Also how do you know if any scum were on Kirr's wagon? Sure odds are that there was probably at least one, but making assumptions based on just wagons is just asking for trouble. When I joined the game CJ was at lynch -1 and a few people were calling for his lynch. If I was Kirr's hypobuddy a hammer on CJ would have been easier for me at that time and would have kept the GF alive. I also think clearing a whole wagon is crazy. You don't think scum would try for an “easy” CJ lynch if it kept their GF alive if even just for one more day?

But yeah, WIFOM and all that. Still after what happened yesterday, lynching scum and the run up of someone you have now “cleared” you want to vote me on your vote analysis alone? Like I said, I don't get it.

Right now I want to hear from Over. He promised analysis of the thread and barely delivered before dropping a quick hammer on Kirr after it was clear she was lying about her replacement need.

Vote: Over

As for Kirr's flip = CJ town. Eh, I'm not sure it effects him either way really. I think Kirr latched onto CJ's wagon because it wasn't her own. The kabe wagon wasn't going to get her anywhere and CJ was doing nothing but digging his own grave.

CJ being alive today does prove that the mafia gods hate us.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:10 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

_over9000 wrote:
wulfy wrote: semioldguy wrote:
kirroha has asked for replacement due to vacation/parents/time issues saying that she won't be able to post. She is in at least two other games currently with no mention of her vacation and no replacement requests there. She has even posted in one of those games within the last six hours and at multiple different times of day over the past three days and it appears that she intends on being active there.

I am going to go with "Lynch all Liars" and say we should get rid of her today.

You win the day.

Unvote; Vote Kirr
This.

I'm pretty sure that we've gotten enough information out of this day. Everyone is pretty set on who they suspect. And it's pretty clear that kirr is near the top of enough people's lists to do this.

No replacement could possibly answer for everything she's done.

Let's go to bed.

unvote
vote: kirroha
Percy wrote:
Unvote
Vote: _over9000

ENTIRE HAND OF SUSPICION: _over9000

No replacement could answer for everything she's done? Are you kidding?

You may have just cost the town their vigilante. And you waited.... a full 7 minutes after Wulfy's post to hammer! And just after Artem is discussing optimal town strategy to deal with this situation as well.

That is the scummiest quickhammer I've seen in a very long time.
One of these 2 is scum, I think.

They were both on the CJ wagon (yeah, so was I - still not sure he's town) - if I was scum, I would have been going after CJ Miller hammer and tongs on D1. (To be clear, if CJ's scum, I would have been bussing like crazy from early on, if he was town, I would have jumped all over the scum tells he threw out - either way he was the best place for scum to park their vote)- I'm sure scum was on that wagon.

Something about Percy's post seems like too much. Why unvote and vote _over right then? Made absolutely no difference at that point - it was twilight. Kirroha was already dead. Seems like he may have been trying to look like an outraged townie.

Then there's _over, who abandoned the CJ wagon to hammer Kirr. This could be scum trying to bus at the last minute, when he realized that Kirr was busted. That having been said, it looked like a replacement was coming in, and there was talk in the thread about keeping kirr alive - so I'm not sure what to think. I'd like to hear from both Percy and _over, and I'd like to re-read those player's posts from D1.

Right now I'll pick Percy, because of the tone of that post, and the whole Random voting argument, which seemed like a lot of nothing masked as active posting.

Vote:Percy
FoS: _over 9000
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:45 am

Post by _over9000 »

Sotty7 wrote: Right now I want to hear from Over. He promised analysis of the thread and barely delivered before dropping a quick hammer on Kirr after it was clear she was lying about her replacement need.
I will admit, I bit off more than I could chew by promising a full-thread analysis. And I'll admit that my quick-hammer on Kirroha is very suspicious and could be seen as bussing once the town all but knew she was scum.

But, from my experience, scum attempting to bus fellow scumbuddies wouldn't do it in the way I did. Because, you're right. I offered no reason whatsoever for my vote. And if I were trying to bus, don't you think I would have given some sort of reasoning for it to make myself seem more pro-town? Or, for that matter, ACTUALLY lynch one of my scumbuddies?
Percy wrote: Unvote

You may have just cost the town their vigilante. And you waited.... a full 7 minutes after Wulfy's post to hammer! And just after Artem is discussing optimal town strategy to deal with this situation as well.

Yeah, I
may
have cost us our vigilante. Was that a risky move? Yeah. I like to take risks. This time, it paid off. And what you said in that post has one very big scumtell to me. Yes, I know this is
HUGELY
reaching for tells, but I obviously had to at least point it out...
Percy wrote: Unvote

You may have just cost
the town their
vigilante. And you waited.... a full 7 minutes after Wulfy's post to hammer! And just after Artem is discussing
optimal town strategy
to deal with this situation as well.

Why do you speak of the town as if it's a separate entity from yourself? As if you yourself aren't a part of the town but are just stepping in and pretending?

Plus, as Fark said, your whole random voting debacle from the first day was ridiculous. And, overall, I don't think anything you've done has helped the town. Enough for me to give a

vote: Percy

I realize that that argument dabbles in WIFOM, but I feel like it answers most of the immediate questions you guys seem to have.
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:39 am

Post by Tarballs »

1st Vote Count of Day 2

3 - Percy
(iamausername, Farkshinsoup, _over9000)
1 - Artem
(CJMiller)
1 - Sotty7
(Wulfy)
1 - _over9000
(Sotty7)

4 - Not Voting
(Percy, Pablo Molinero, Artem, kabenon007)

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
Deadline: May 22nd, 2009
Last edited by Tarballs on Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:55 am

Post by Percy »

Artem 247 wrote:I got no list which means that either nobody targeted me or I was role-blocked.
Noted. Unfortunately, your claim is looking a little less solid now.
iamausername 249 wrote:Seems pretty likely that there were scum pushing for a CJ lynch instead of kirroha yesterday, and Percy was pushing that the most, as I recall, so:

Vote: Percy
Indeed, I was pushing the CJ lynch over the kirr lynch yesterday. I tried to stop the town lynching kirroha several times, because I thought her wagon was scummy. I think you'll find, however, that I spent quite a lot of time thinking about the whole issue and posted my reasons clearly; the same cannot be said of some on the lynching wagon. Now it appears that CJ earnt a lot of townie points through yesterday's shenanigans, but that doesn't change that he was the most scummy to me for honest reasons.

I'll also add that I stated clearly that I almost certainly wanted kirr dead; I just wanted to test the waters, and make sure we weren't losing a vig. Turns out, there was no vig, or at least none willing to shoot last night, which would have resulted in me voting for kirr today.
Wulfy 250 wrote:There was 1-2 scum on Kirr (the lynch)
Indeed. Are you one of them?
Sotty7 254 wrote:Right now I want to hear from Over. He promised analysis of the thread and barely delivered before dropping a quick hammer on Kirr after it was clear she was lying about her replacement need.

Vote: Over
My thoughts exactly. I think _over's hammer is still incredibly scummy, even if it did lynch the godfather. I can see over-as-scum hammering kirroha to try and earn town points, but the way he did it and his general analytical style yesterday are pretty damn scummy to me.

@_over9000: will you do a thread re-read now?
Farkshinsoup 255 wrote:Why unvote and vote _over right then? Made absolutely no difference at that point - it was twilight. Kirroha was already dead. Seems like he may have been trying to look like an outraged townie.
I
was
an outraged townie. I wanted to make my feelings on the matter very clear. With kirr's flip, I kinda regret the forcefulness of my statement, but I still think the quickhammer was scummy.
_over9000 256 wrote: And I'll admit that my quick-hammer on Kirroha is very suspicious and could be seen as bussing once the town all but knew she was scum.

But, from my experience, scum attempting to bus fellow scumbuddies wouldn't do it in the way I did. Because, you're right. I offered no reason whatsoever for my vote. And if I were trying to bus, don't you think I would have given some sort of reasoning for it to make myself seem more pro-town? Or, for that matter, ACTUALLY lynch one of my scumbuddies?
This sets my scumdar to maximum. Firstly, it's horrendous WIFOM (as are most sentiments that begin with "If I were scum" or something like that). Secondly, it seems like he's saying "It's so scummy it couldn't possibly be scummy!", which is absolutely ridiculous. It was scummy because over is scum.

_over9000 256 wrote:Why do you speak of the town as if it's a separate entity from yourself? As if you yourself aren't a part of the town but are just stepping in and pretending?
WTF? Stop putting words in my mouth. Your analysis is a ridiculous reach.
CJMiller
CJMiller
he
Goon
CJMiller
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:49 am

Post by CJMiller »

Unvote

for acting as separate from the town and other scummy behavior.

(Yes, I know I'm bandwagoning -- others that voted for Percy already posted my opinion.)
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by Percy »

Acting as separate from the town? What the hell?

Seriously, this is what I said:
Percy wrote:You may have just cost the town their vigilante. And you waited.... a full 7 minutes after Wulfy's post to hammer! And just after Artem is discussing optimal town strategy to deal with this situation as well.
"The town" is a faction in the game. How else could I have said what I said? I guess I could have said "You may have just cost
us our
vigilante", but is that really any different? Different enough for a vote?

I was trying to figure out a way to proceed more cautiously with the kirroha-kill, to make sure we didn't lose the vig (if she was actually just a stupid vig). It turned out not to matter, but the fact that the hammer was so damn quick while we were in the middle of discussing optimal strategy was worth calling out in the strongest possible terms.
Artem 223 wrote:
Unvote
while we're thinking of a good strategy to deal with the vig claim. I'm not completely happy with any of the ones proposed, and I think a Kirr lynch may still be a viable play.
kirroha was then at L-2. _over9000 attempts to put her back on L-1:
_over9000 224 wrote:I still dont have time to put up a full post (I can promise one by Thursday at the latest) but I certainly feel like we need to put a good amount of pressure on Kirr's replacement. Now, I suspect Kirr more at this point, but I didn't want to hammer, so...

vote: kirroha
...but the lack of unvote means the vote doesn't count. Now Wulfy posts:
Wulfy 225 wrote:Kirr <---Shouldn't be lynched. Mafia will definitely take care of the Vig/SK because both are very dangerous to them. Therefore, I feel no reason to worry about Kirr yet. Still, more thought on this is needed before we dedicate ourselves to any particular move.
Now Farkshinsoup wanted to go with the 'leave kirr alive' plan:
Farkshinsoup 228 wrote:Since I'm good with a CJ Miller lynch anyways, I guess I'd vote for leaving her alive at least overnight, and seeing what tomorrow brings.
...but semioldguy points out:
semioldguy 229 wrote:kirroha has asked for replacement due to vacation/parents/time issues saying that she won't be able to post. She is in at least two other games currently with no mention of her vacation and no replacement requests there. She has even posted in one of those games within the last six hours and at multiple different times of day over the past three days and it appears that she intends on being active there.

I am going to go with "Lynch all Liars" and say we should get rid of her today.
Now this is a fair point, and fairly damning against kirroha. However, Pablo points out:
Pablo Molinero 230 wrote:Look out, semioldguy. I’ve seen that whole “ongoing games” rule bite the town in the ass before.
...and Artem's 233 involved quite a lot of thought as to how we should best proceed, including:
Artem 233 wrote:That means that leaving Kirr alive and asking her (or replacement) to shoot somebody (i.e., Percy's idea) is the best play.
Out of the blue, Wulfy votes for kirroha, and
seven minutes later
_over9000 hammers, both based on the "ongoing games" post made by semioldguy.

I was stunned - if kirroha was town, then that was the scummiest hammer ever, as I said at the time. Both Wulfy and _over9000 seemed to have not even read the thread. Neither really stated their reasons for voting and ignored the discussion that was going on, and just voted. She's flipped scum, but it was still anti-town play. I do not accept _over9000's contention that not stating your reasons for voting for someone is indicative of your towniness because "what scum would want to look scummy hammering scum", as it's pointless WIFOM and ignores the central issue - that no reasons were stated, and a hammer was performed when it was pretty clear that many players didn't want kirroha to be lynched, and had a
better plan
in mind.

Claims that I've done nothing to help the town are greatly exaggerated.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

(Yes, I know I'm bandwagoning -- others that voted for Percy already posted my opinion.)
You know what I said about CJ-town? Yeah, partially shot to hell. At least pose some statements/questions so you can get into some sort of discussion. "Me too" isn't helping.

Over
Why do you speak of the town as if it's a separate entity from yourself? As if you yourself aren't a part of the town but are just stepping in and pretending?
To be fair, a bit of these arguments are stretching at best. I know I've been guilty of this, as town, on many an occasion.

Fark also voices opinion against either Over or Percy and the *very* next post, 2 hrs later, is Over jumping wholeheartedly against Percy and even reiterates a few of the earlier points. Jumps out as an action-reaction to me.

Over
And if I were trying to bus, don't you think I would have given some sort of reasoning for it to make myself seem more pro-town?
I would think it would be the other way. Cutting it off with an authoritative hammer before any more damage is done because scum-you knows Kirr will flip scum and gain you major points.
CJMiller
CJMiller
he
Goon
CJMiller
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by CJMiller »

Pablo Molinero wrote:
You know what I said about CJ-town? Yeah, partially shot to hell. At least pose some statements/questions so you can get into some sort of discussion. "Me too" isn't helping.
So I'm scum for having the same opinion as someone else?

Sometimes it's inevitable or impossible for 2 out of 11 people to have differing opinions.

FoS: Pablo Molinero
for
-esque restriction of free speech.
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by Wulfy »

kabenon007 wrote:=@Wulfy real quick because I just saw it... you say Artem is not definite scum but is much higher, but you've only got him at your third level of suspicion, which puts only two people below him, IAAUN and over9000. That's not "much higher." Care to comment?
Everyone is "much higher." This should be logically deduced from the fact Artem isn't the highest, but whatever.

I am maintaining my vote on Sotty due to his reaction of my vote analysis. It wasn't inherently scummy, but it failed to scream town. Therefore, I've decided to keep it there until something scummy happens again.

And there it is now! 9000's post is a giant heap of delicious scummy omgus!

*Bites*
Vote 9000

Percy's last post looks like scum just hunting for anyone to attack to make up for the fallen comrade. Needs thought.

Also, what proves I didn't read the thread? Because I agreed with the old man's insight? That's a leap in logic.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Percy »

@CJMiller: The problem with "Me too" is not in expressing your differing opinion, but in your lack of analysis. You say you agree with others - do you maintain that I am "acting as separate from the town" still? Even the person who suggested it acknowledged that it was a huge stretch. What about the other arguments? What about the other players?

@Wulfy: I can't prove that you didn't read the thread. That's ridiculous, and not what I was trying to do. However, your votepost seemed to reverse your earlier position without stating why (beyond the quoted paragraph), and ignored the discussion that was going on about how best to proceed. It certainly seems to me like you read semioldguy's post, then voted without reading the rest of the discussion. If you read those posts, you obviously thought they had no merit, and weren't worthy of even a passing mention.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:31 am

Post by iamausername »

CJMiller wrote:Also, I think it's more than a little scummy not to have a vote when the hammer comes down.
That would be great if the question I'd asked you was "Do you think it is scummy to be not voting at the end of a day?". But it wasn't. The question was "
Why
do you think it is scummy to be not voting at the end of a day?".
CJMiller wrote:
What other scummy behaviour?
CJMiller wrote:So I'm scum for having the same opinion as someone else?
It's more the fact that you appeared to suddenly develop that opinion after several others had stated it, without ever having mentioned it before. Makes you look insincere, somehow.

So, three people followed my Percy vote in quick succession, and I am not happen with any one of them. Fark's reasoning is OK, but his constant fence-sitting regarding kirroha yesterday really does not reflect well on him. over9000 was coming across as town to me before, but Post #256 has single-handedly destroyed that read. CJ is CJ.

I'm not at all happy being on this wagon if that's the company I'm keeping, and Post #256 is just so bad:
over9000 wrote:I'll admit that my quick-hammer on Kirroha is very suspicious
You shouldn't; it wasn't. kirroha was caught red-handed, and I don't know why Percy doesn't appear to realise that. She claimed to have no internet access, this was proven to be an obvious lie. Short of outright saying "I AM THE MAFIA GODFATHER", I can't think of anything a more blatantly scum move she could have made. Everyone, town or scum, should have been falling over themselves to vote her as soon as semioldguy pointed that out.

So, that the fact that you admit that your completely reasonable hammer is suspicious, well that just looks like a guilty conscience talking, as far as I'm concerned. If you were town, you'd know that your hammer was completely justified, and you'd say so. You wouldn't say "Yeah, that was suspicious of me, but perhaps TOO SUSPICIOUS?"
over9000 wrote:Because, you're right. I offered no reason whatsoever for my vote.
And again, why admit to things that a) make you look extremely suspicious, and b) aren't even true? You did offer reasoning; semioldguy was right about kirroha's lies. That was very good reasoning. I can't help but feel that town-over would point this out.
over9000 wrote:Or, for that matter, ACTUALLY lynch one of my scumbuddies?
This one just confuses me. You did lynch kirroha, yes?
over9000 wrote:And what you said in that post has one very big scumtell to me. Yes, I know this is
HUGELY
reaching for tells, but I obviously had to at least point it out...
Which is it; one very big scumtell, or a huge reach? Because I really can't see how it could be both.
over9000 wrote: Why do you speak of the town as if it's a separate entity from yourself? As if you yourself aren't a part of the town but are just stepping in and pretending?
over9000 wrote:could be seen as bussing once
the town
all but knew she was scum
over9000 wrote:I don't think anything you've done has helped
the town
THE IRONING IS DELICIOUS

ergo:

Unvote, Vote: over9000
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:04 am

Post by Artem »

I don't think either _over or Percy are the right people to pursue.

_over actually expressed his desire to vote Kirroha before semioldguy found Kirr posting elsewhere as well as before my analysis of the game theory. It's just that his vote didn't count because of the lack of the unvote. Granted, this doesn't excuse his hammer that ended discussion, but his "I like to take risks" argument seems sincere.

Not only that, _over correcting his lack of unvote is exactly what we grilled Percy for early in the game (when Percy forgot to unvote on a random vote). So, it seems a bit hypocritical for Percy to jump on _over for doing the exact same thing.

Now,
Percy wrote:
Unvote

I just don't see somebody who knew Kirr's alignment making a post like that. It reads like Percy was really concerned that a townie just got pre-maturely lynched. I think that it actually buys Percy some townie points.

There's a good line of thought, however. The hammer happened before we finished talking about the theoretically best play. But Percy is going after the wrong person.

Wulfy, who has been constantly telling people what to do "by the book", did not as much as put a single thought into my analysis and what the right thing to do with a scummy player who claimed Vig is. And no, lynching a player who claimed V/LA and then posted somewhere on the site is not "by the book". For one, we didn't know for certain if Kirr was lying. Circumstances may have changed and what she originally thought was a lack of internet access really wasn't (parents were convinced to let her spend time at the internet cafe, she found a different way of accessing the internet, etc.).

Not only that, Wulfy is still hunting for 3-4 scum:
Wulfy wrote: There was 1-2 scum on Kirr (the lynch)

1 scum on CJ

1 scum not voting.
which tells me that he's not even paying attention to what's going on in the game. This is the feeling that I've been getting throughout Day 1 as well. I don't understand the merit of "Let's vote for somebody and see what happens, while I'm not even going to tell you who I really suspect". Or take his current case:
Wulfy wrote: I am maintaining my vote on Sotty due to his reaction of my vote analysis. It wasn't inherently scummy, but it failed to scream town. Therefore, I've decided to keep it there until something scummy happens again.
"You're scum until you prove otherwise" is not how we play this game.

Vote: Wulfy
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:12 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

So I'm scum for having the same opinion as someone else?

Sometimes it's inevitable or impossible for 2 out of 11 people to have differing opinions.

FoS: Pablo Molinero for 1984-esque restriction of free speech.
Nice strawman. Not at all what I said, but a great imaginary argument for you to tear down. Try again.

Over admits that his argument is reaching and "dabbles in WIFOM". I'm not going to put him at L-1 just yet, but I expressed my concerns in my last post and want to see how over answers for the nervous, shaky language of his last post.
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:18 am

Post by Wulfy »

Percy wrote: @Wulfy: I can't prove that you didn't read the thread. That's ridiculous, and not what I was trying to do. However, your votepost seemed to reverse your earlier position without stating why (beyond the quoted paragraph), and ignored the discussion that was going on about how best to proceed. It certainly seems to me like you read semioldguy's post, then voted without reading the rest of the discussion. If you read those posts, you obviously thought they had no merit, and weren't worthy of even a passing mention.
Semioldguy's post had the most merit. It wasn't worth mentioning anything beyond that. I play by following Wulfy-Logic. Eg, it is logical to me, though possibly refutable.

Username: Attacking 9000 for using the term "the town" is ridiculous.

Artem: You can't really control how I play the game. However, I am interested, are you genuinely concerned that Sotty will be lynched at L-4? With a Godfather dead? Despite the fact his character has shown virtually zero threat to the mafia? (Sotty, this isn't to say you weren't trying, but the person you replaced was generally absent day 1, and thus, you haven't done too much yet...Except be a little crazy and controlling.)
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:25 am

Post by iamausername »

Wulfy wrote:Username: Attacking 9000 for using the term "the town" is ridiculous.
I know, that's sort of the whole point. Over9000 attacked Percy for using the term "the town", which is demonstrably ridiculous, since he did the same thing himself twice in the very post where he made that attack on Percy.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Sotty7 »

_over9000 Post 256 wrote:I will admit, I bit off more than I could chew by promising a full-thread analysis. And I'll admit that my quick-hammer on Kirroha is very suspicious and could be seen as bussing once the town all but knew she was scum.

Actually no. Scum buddies don't need to really reason their vote, especially the hammer in the way you placed it, because they already
know
the person they are voting will flip scum. They don't expect to have to answer for their vote because the net result is something to town wants, so they think they can get away with a vote with no or few reasons stated.

What is your experience of bussing then?
Percy Post 258 wrote:
Artem 247 wrote:I got no list which means that either nobody targeted me or I was role-blocked.
Noted. Unfortunately, your claim is looking a little less solid now.
How is it any less solid than yesterday?
Percy Post 258 wrote:Now it appears that CJ earnt a lot of townie points through yesterday's shenanigans, but that doesn't change that he was the most scummy to me for honest reasons.
Some people seem to think so. Are you one of those people? Also saying you suspected him for “honest reasons” is a tad redundant. Everyone is going to claim that about every wagon they are on, scum inculded.
CJMiller Post 259 wrote:
Unvote

What
exactly
do you mean by "other scummy behavior"?
Wulfy Post 268 wrote:Artem: You can't really control how I play the game. However, I am interested, are you genuinely concerned that Sotty will be lynched at L-4? With a Godfather dead? Despite the fact his character has shown virtually zero threat to the mafia? (Sotty, this isn't to say you weren't trying, but the person you replaced was generally absent day 1, and thus, you haven't done too much yet...Except be a little crazy and controlling.)
His character? Are you saying I have shown no threat to the mafia? Are you forgetting that you were voting me for being on the Kirr wagon. Not only that but I swayed Iaaun's vote over to Kirr from CJ when I brought up the possibility of a vig taking care of him. I would say helping lynch Kirr makes me some what of a threat to the scum don't you?

Also Psycho launched the whole Percy RVS debate and once he knew he couldn't keep up the pace with the game he asked for replacement. I would also like to know how I have been “crazy” and/or “controlling” I think you are epically stretching here.
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:05 pm

Post by Wulfy »

iamausername wrote:
Wulfy wrote:Username: Attacking 9000 for using the term "the town" is ridiculous.
I know, that's sort of the whole point. Over9000 attacked Percy for using the term "the town", which is demonstrably ridiculous, since he did the same thing himself twice in the very post where he made that attack on Percy.
Ah, I'm sorry. I see your progression now. I read it while responding to someone else, so I didn't look at it very closely.

At Sotty: most of the things stated were about the person you replaced...so no stretchiness.

Also, I voted you off of basic vote analysis. My point is, why is artem freaking out and voting me over it? How is my action scummy? Why is he so freaked out over you.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:40 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Post 256 is more than a just a little WIFOM, it's a big heaping pile. And _over's interpretation of Percy's "the town" comment is ridiculous. I said that either Percy or _over were scum, that post tips the scales, methinks.

unvote
vote: _over9000

FoS Percy.
Iam wrote:So, three people followed my Percy vote in quick succession, and I am not happy with any one of them. Fark's reasoning is OK, but his constant fence-sitting regarding kirroha yesterday really does not reflect well on him. over9000 was coming across as town to me before, but Post #256 has single-handedly destroyed that read. CJ is CJ.

I'm not at all happy being on this wagon if that's the company I'm keeping
Hah! Nice try, but you don't get away that easily.
*knocks on Iam's door*
Hello? I brought popcorn and home movies! Anyone home? I know you're in there! I can hear the TV. Hello? HELLO?
Wulfy wrote:Also, I voted you off of basic vote analysis. My point is, why is artem freaking out and voting me over it? How is my action scummy?
Maybe because your "vote analysis" is crap?
Wulfy wrote:The sad part is that Kirr voted fourth on CJ yesterday. Odds CJ is scum is virtually zero in my book, and would have meritted my vote today. Odds for final vote count:

1 scum on CJ

1 scum not voting.

CJ Voters-seconday
Artem-tertiary

Basic vote analysis.
You're mixing something factually concrete (voting patterns) with some mighty big WIFOM assumptions (scum would have stayed off the CJ wagon because that's where Kirr was voting) to come up with something useless and misleading as a scum hunting tool. Sotty 7? Really? That was who you came up with as your top scum candidate at the top of Day 2?

FoS Wulfy.

Mod, I'll be V/LA from Wednesday, April 29th to Tuesday, May 5th.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:43 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

L-1. Man, we still have not heard from over since his disaster, and I ain't gonna hammer based on one pretty bad post. Claimzorz?
CJMiller
CJMiller
he
Goon
CJMiller
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:27 am

Post by CJMiller »