Newbie 769 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:13 am

Post by Tenchi »

They just have to review the exchange between us. That's all they have to do.
Hero764 wrote:
Tenchi wrote:Yes to me.

You are not seeing this from MY point of view.

I think YOU are scum. Therefore, from the POV you both cannot be buddies. Therefore in Hockey vs Hero, I think YOU are scum. Hence on that argument alone, I think Hockey is probTown. Can't you see something from my POV for once?
So you weren't posting through your POV when you said that the suspicion on hockey should be continued?
It was still my POV. But its a different one. DID YOU READ I HAVE A DILEMMA HERE? I have two scum group suspects.

Hero wrote:
Yeah, ignore my notes. Because your name wasn't there and it doesn't directly concern you.
What the hell? I read your notes.
[/quote]
You twisting my words is not convincing me of that.

Hero wrote:
Can you please stop badgering me. You obviously have no plans of hearing me out here. Everybody gets the case against me. Can you just give me a moment to lay out my "last words"?

I'm already pretty much dead. I don't know what you are doing to make me much "deader".
I've given you plenty of chances to explain yourself, and all you do is accuse me of twisting your words, trying to force the town into a back-to-back lynch. You've not even properly addressed my first post on day 2.

And I'm still waiting for any other reasons for me being scum, other than me suspecting you.
You have twisted my words until NOW. Trying to ask me leading questions that would lead into a lose-lose situation for me. Read your questions again and see what they imply and what they try to put into my mouth.
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:16 am

Post by Tenchi »

I read your first post addressed to me and it really took my post out of context.

See the two posts here:

ORIGINAL: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 99#1613399

BUTCHERED: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 31#1613831

You took it out of context.

Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:30 am

Post by Hero764 »

Tenchi wrote:It was still my POV. But its a different one. DID YOU READ I HAVE A DILEMMA HERE? I have two scum group suspects.
This is so confusing. You hadn't mentioned any suspicion of hockey yet outside of Toledo's notes. But that didn't make any sense anyways because Toledo hasn't been interacting with a lot of people. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here though.
Hero wrote: You twisting my words is not convincing me of that.
Are you saying that I didn't read your notes, or that I shouldn't read your notes? Its hard to tell.
Hero wrote:You have twisted my words until NOW. Trying to ask me leading questions that would lead into a lose-lose situation for me. Read your questions again and see what they imply and what they try to put into my mouth.
I'll do that.
Yeah but you've been doing everything you can to discredit me as a valid scumhunter rather than just answering my questions.
I read your first post addressed to me and it really took my post out of context.

See the two posts here:

ORIGINAL: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 99#1613399

BUTCHERED: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 31#1613831

You took it out of context.
NO I DID NOT.

FOR THE LAST TIME:
Though I do think CJMiller gone is actually a good move for us since I would NEVER give him a free pass on making it to endgame.
You state, on day 2, that lynching a townie was a good move. I was simply questioning why you would say such a thing.
Show
[b]RECORD:[/b]

[u]Wins[/u]: 1

[u]Losses[/u]: 0
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:44 am

Post by Hero764 »

Here are my quick notes on the argument:

151 - You state lynching a townie was a good move.

154 - I challenge you for saying that.

155 - You start your long pattern of confusion by taking this out of context and act as though I was replying to a day 1 post.

157 - I try to explain it to you.

158 - You start freaking out.

159 - You accuse me of misrepping, which I did not do.

161 - I challenge you for doing all of this.

163 - You try to cover up your tracks, but you don't make much sense.

164 - I misrep your second point, and place my vote on you.

165 - You OMGUS me, and continue to try and make my post out of context to avoid having to answer to it(which you haven't done yet).

167 - You "chill."

This just keeps going in circles. If you think I missed anything important please point it out.
Show

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:44 am

Post by Tenchi »

OK Look, I'll call a truce until I finish my PBPA. I cannot do a decent PBPA with me being annoyed and flared up. Can we just keep it at this for the moment?
Hero764 wrote:
Tenchi wrote:You have twisted my words until NOW. Trying to ask me leading questions that would lead into a lose-lose situation for me. Read your questions again and see what they imply and what they try to put into my mouth.
I'll do that.
Yeah but you've been doing everything you can to discredit me as a valid scumhuntser rather than just answering my questions.
Do an unbiased reread of my answers, thinking that I am one very pissed off Townie. Or maybe do a reread of the other players. Anything. Just stop badgering me ok?

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:46 am

Post by Tenchi »

Hero764 wrote:Here are my quick notes on the argument:

151 - You state lynching a townie was a good move.

154 - I challenge you for saying that.

155 - You start your long pattern of confusion by taking this out of context and act as though I was replying to a day 1 post.
(WRONG: It we ME/TENCHI who was replying to a Day One post. See Post 151, again!)
Can you check that? That may be the source of all this crap.

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Tenchi »

155 was a Feeres post

Redo your PBPA thing again.

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:00 am

Post by Tenchi »

Hero764 wrote: You state, on day 2, that lynching a townie was a good move. I was simply questioning why you would say such a thing.
For the Nth time, I was replying to a D1 post that I wanted addressed. I felt that I didn't give a firm point of view on what I think and I just hammered. I owed you guys my thought at the very least.

Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:09 am

Post by Hero764 »

156 then, whatever. I don't see why I need to type it out again.
(WRONG: It we ME/TENCHI who was replying to a Day One post. See Post 151, again!)
I know, but you were acting as though my post should be in the context of day 1 because of that, when it really shouldn't.
Show

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:11 am

Post by Tenchi »

Hero764 wrote:
I know, but you were acting as though my post should be in the context of day 1 because of that, when it really shouldn't.
Oh god. I'm not acting that way.

It was MY POST that was in the context of a DAY ONE post. See the difference there?

Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:27 am

Post by Hero764 »

Tenchi, why can't you understand this?

On day 2, you made that post.

It was replying to a day 1 post.

It was still posted on day 2.

On that post, you claim you do think CJMiller was good lynch choice.

This was after he flipped town.

Understand?
Show

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:38 am

Post by Tenchi »

Got it. Now read 307.

Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:31 am

Post by Hero764 »

Tenchi wrote:For the Nth time, I was replying to a D1 post that I wanted addressed. I felt that I didn't give a firm point of view on what I think and I just hammered. I owed you guys my thought at the very least.
What does this have to do with anything? The fact still remains that you thought
CJMiller was a good lynch choice, and you said this after he flipped town.
Show

Feeres
Feeres
Goon
Feeres
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:25 am

Post by Feeres »

After hours of compiling and re-reading, I present this post. I fail to quote any of the parts which I'm responding to, mainly to Serial's analysis though. Ask if you want to see which thing I'm referring to.

The argument with Hero and Tenchi is being pretty dead, it seems to be fruitless and tiring conversation so I have nothing to direct to add to it.

As for the pursuing of Hero which Tenchi is doing, I found post 72 to be somehow the starting point of the whole current argument. It somehow over time comes off as Tenchi fishing for Hero to become aggressive, then Hero comes off aggressive towards Tenchi, so in a way both are pursuing each other.

Serial pointed out I'm experienced, I'll clarify that I've played 2 other mafia games online, so not too experienced really. He pointed out that I probably didn't understand the contradiction, which is correct. I don't understand the contradiction all that well, which is probably the main problem. Can someone explain this to me, because all I see is someone picking up a post which didn't really contain anything like a vote, merely a suspicion, where I poorly explained my justification for a FoS.

I agree with Tenchi being rather inconsistent with his posts, but I do love the player-by-player posts he's making <3

Reason behind post 155 - I wanted to know why he wanted to unvote at L-1 IF there hadn't been a mistake by tenchi. I thought it looked pretty much like he wanted to distance himself for this bad lynch or something, I kinda forgot to pursue this after the whole Hero-Tenchi started.

Agree on the tunnelvision part, they're clearly tunneling.

Toledo never said anything about me being cleared. He said most, that is only a major part, of suspicion is gone, cleared was the word Kiku was using and the word which you are using which implies that I'd be 100% clear. It's odd you'd make an argument against him based on a word choice he didn't use.

I did receive a prod as well, because not posting for 4 days, just so it's clear. Thanks mod for being observent <3

Hyper-claiming, as noted, is not a good idea at the moment, maybe later when more nights have passed.

I agree on tenchi and hero not necessarily having one scum in them, and because of the tunnelvisioning we are better off focusing on other players because we can from them draw a better conclusion and if we catch the scum, we can draw connections better.

For some reason, you are quick to announce Kiku as very townie, when she has failed to address the large movements and just sniped at minor details IMO. No attacks have been made against her and she seems to actively hunt these logical inconsistencies, but I'm not convinced that she wouldn't be scum who just lets minor slips of her scumbuddy to go by if those would happen.

Hockey does appear suspicious for his bad reasoning and contradictions, but I find some of his arguments valid (see some post where i defend him vs hero)

Toledo is my main target as of the moment. Last post I made I suspected him and Tenchi being together as scum, but after Serial argued about how Hero and Tenchi doing their argument is most likely town or at least not the most profitable way to scumhunt, I'm actually agreeing with him because he pretty much completed the issue with Tenchi-Hero-argument with
SerialClergyman wrote:And so - I would recommend getting away from both players. I doubt scum would try to flog a dead horse and continue the same argument around and around, sticking their neck out so far. I think it's much more likely for the scum to be retreating.
Scum would not gain any advantage from trying to continue this argument like that.

Hockey post 133 - he seems to be more getting at the fact that if people act scummy, they get voted for it. I should look over his posts again, because I didn't find his case that strong.

If you really want to get in to my contradiction in D1 again: a) both reasons, his vote count was getting high and I was suspicious of him b) random vote first, suspicions later!

Tenchi, give me the reasons why hero is scum, and I'll review it.

Why I mentioned random vote technique? Just so happens, a dice lands on CJ, I read the thread and decide to include the result of my dice roll in to the post. It gets interpreted as if it is the only reason why I FoSed, I didn't think of this when I included it.

questions to each player:
Hockeyruler:
Why did you not check the thread before making a post where you find me suspicious (post 97)?
Why did you suddenly decide that it was good idea to vote for CJ when he makes a stupid post (post 136)?
Do you mean that the reason why CJ should have been lynched was that if a person would votehop and not give sufficent reasons, we should lynch them just because of that (post 166)?
If you agree that lynching an unhelpful/antitown person is justified, then why do you bring up that CJ is probably townie?
Do you think tenchi is town (post 209)?

Tenchi:
Why did you reason your vote on Hero with an attempt to paint you in a bad way rather than defend against it (post 57)?
Do you think your way of responding to Hero will make it easier to deal with him in the future (post 39 and following posts)?
If yes to previous question, why do you communicate with him like that?
What in Hero's post made you smell the stench (post 72)?
Why did you unvote (post 90)?
Why do you say that everyone should have their suspects by now (post 131)?
Simulpost (post 141)?
What was your reasoning at post 141 to hammer CJ (post 141)?
Do you think that discussion at L-1 will be helpful or not (post 151)?
Do you vote quickly without reasoning properly beforehand often (post 167)?
Is your vote on Hero because of OMGUS or because of his twisting of your words or combination of this and something else maybe (post 171)?
If you are a townie, why would you not defend yourself properly but ask for votes on you (post 182)?
Why did you ignore the discussion about me and others and yet decided CJ discussion had come to an end(post 190)?
Are you saying you are content if we lynch you because you made a mistake (post 198)?
Do you think the only reason people will vote for you is because you hammered CJ (post 208)?
Why do you think Hero is ignoring parts of your conversations (post 229)?
What, in your opinion, is wrong with the exchange with Hero (post 243)?
Why did you unvote Hero (post 271)?
How many games are you playing and how much attention are you giving this game?

Hero764:
Do you feel Tenchi is stepping on your toes at this point (post 20)?
Did you decide to become more and more aggressive on purpose (post 37 onwards)?
What do you think there is to discuss about that post bay Tenchi (post 55)?
What did you find interesting about the post (post 71)?
Do you not see a contradiction in my posts (post 89)?
How was lynching CJ partly your fault apart from your vote on him (post 153)?
What won't you talk about much more, his lynch or what you did to get him lynched (post 153)?
Why is Hockey not exactly looking good because of the 30 min hammer (post 153)?
If CJ would be at L-1, do you think he would be responding with more effort than if he was at L-2 (post 157)?
How did everyone know CJ was town (post 157)?
Does Tenchi answer to your question #1 in a satisfying manner (post 174)?
If you expect there to be discussion at L-1, why do you think that the person who put CJ at L-1 is suspicious then (post 174)?
Do you think you are not focusing too much on Tenchi (post 186)?
Why do you think Toledo is acting odd (post 196)?
If a game has one player who jumps around with his votes, making senseless arguments and not providing answers to your questions, would you lynch him (post 216)?
Why do you say it's ok to come hammer someone when you put them at L-1 when you earlier said that there's discussion before hammer (post 216)?
Because Hockey wants CJ lynched, does it mean that someone else should want as well (post 232)?
Wouldn't it be obvious not to consider a non-cop's hyperclaim investigations and if someone would use them as basis for scumhunt we could see a hidden motivation behind it (post 242)?
How did Hockey want CJ lynched if he couldn't affect how others would vote for him (post 242)?
Do you have some opinion on Kiku (post 258)?
Can you give me a list of your suspects, from most town to most scum?

Toledo88:
What do you find odd with Hero (post 35)?
Why did you feel the need to say I was odd if you had nothing to back it up with (post 62)?
Do you think Tenchi is really pursuing Hero (post 62)?
Do you mean that majority of suspicion on me was removed because I didn't vote for him or because only thing you found suspicious about me was my FoS (post 152)?
Do you think there is any real connection with Artem's NK and his vote on Slaine (post 152)?
Do you find me suspicious or not anymore (post 173)?
Why do you find Tenchi and Hero scummy (post 173)?
Can you point out the reasons why Tenchi is scummy (post 199)?
Do you have anything to say about your change of posting style?
Who else could Hero focus (post 226)?

kikuchiyo:
Why didn't you find CJ suspicious or how did you think his previous actions were townish?
Why do you find me to be chock full of bullshit (post 118)?
In the last part, you refer to a story of theirs, who are they (post 132)?
Why do you say he virtually clears me off suspicion when he only refers to a part of the causes of my suspicion, he even goes on later thinking that I'm suspicious (post 169)?
Do you think pursuing Tenchi with his reasoning for lynching CJ along with his early hammer will be useful or what do you think we can learn from it (post 180)?
Why do you find starting a day by saying who you don't think is suspicious is suspicious (post 180)?
What issues did you have with Tenchi and why did you clear him (post 217)?
Can you give me a list of people you find suspicious, from towniest to scummiest?
If you find there's something wrong with Toledo's case, why aren't you questioning him but just bring him up (post 224)?
Why are you ok with lynching Tenchi so suddenly (post 233)?
Did you find read anything about the pros and cons of hyperclaiming or debate about them at all before making the suggestion (post 233)?
What questions would you like Toledo to answer (post 263)?

SerialClergyman:
(I can't really question you about what Slaine had said so this will be short)
How well did you read through the thread before making a post-by-post analysis (post 255)?
Why is my first post wifom, when kiku's so apparently town without question (post 255)?
Do you have some issues with me which are unanswered (post 255)?
Do you think Tenchi is scummy because of his contradictions (post 255)?
Do you think Hockey is scummy because of his reasoning which is against the major opinion (post 255)?
Are you saying Artem's pointing at me would make his NK logical, if I was scum (post 255)?
Do you not think that someone at L-1 would try to answer to questions the best possible he can, given that everyone says votes equals pressure (post 255)?
Do you think that it's ok to hammer someone when they are put at L-1 (post 255)?
Was the wagon on CJ justified in your opinion?
How did I oddly defend Toledo or attack Hero (post 256)?
Would you say we are better off hunting for the second scum, assuming Hero/Tenchi would have one of the scum (post 256)?
Do you think Hockey is scummy because he is connected to the fast lynching of CJ (post 264)?

(OOC: Is there an easy way to view posts made by a certain author in certain topic?)
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Tenchi »

Hero764 wrote:
Tenchi wrote:For the Nth time, I was replying to a D1 post that I wanted addressed. I felt that I didn't give a firm point of view on what I think and I just hammered. I owed you guys my thought at the very least.
What does this have to do with anything?
The fact still remains that you thought CJMiller was a good lynch choice, and you said this after he flipped town.
I can live with that conclusion.

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:18 am

Post by Tenchi »

Bolding my replies to this one:

Feeres wrote:
Tenchi:
Why did you reason your vote on Hero with an attempt to paint you in a bad way rather than defend against it (post 57)?
I actually had two reasons for voting him (see post 5 again) His initial defensiveness along with the subtlety of opening a particularly useless witchhunt on the fluff I said is what made me vote for him

Do you think your way of responding to Hero will make it easier to deal with him in the future (post 39 and following posts)?
No. That's why I didn't do it again. But I am still annoyed by him.

If yes to previous question, why do you communicate with him like that?
N/A

What in Hero's post made you smell the stench (post 72)?
Read post 72 again. What he did is subtle: try to make a discussion out of a fluff statement. It was a bit like passive aggressive behavior.

Why did you unvote (post 90)?
Excellent question. I was actually watching Kikuchiyo by that time. I was really struck by how she chainsaw-defended CJMiller on post 87. I was kind of rethinking my vote on Hero and thinking on confronting Kikuchiyo had I seen more scummy moves from her. Didn't see much.

Why do you say that everyone should have their suspects by now (post 131)?
It was a supporting argument since CJMiller proposed that D1 should be one week. I mentioned that we should prolong it as much as we can and we should have good discussions flowing since we have our own suspects by that time.

Simulpost (post 141)?
I posted almost at the same time as Hockeyruler

What was your reasoning at post 141 to hammer CJ (post 141)?
See post 151. Also, I have pursued the case against him for entire D1 and he did nothing to convince me he is Town. I gave him the chance to answer and what did he do? Voted with bad reasons. I asked him to explain. He just gave bad explanations.

Do you think that discussion at L-1 will be helpful or not (post 151)?
Hell yeah. I'm stupid for hammering I tell you.

Do you vote quickly without reasoning properly beforehand often (post 167)?
Hero was annoying me at that time, especially how he phrases his questions. But I have to keep an open mind.

Is your vote on Hero because of OMGUS or because of his twisting of your words or combination of this and something else maybe (post 171)?
It was because of him twisting my words. Have you wondered why I haven't pursued my Kikuchiyo case at this point? Kikuchiyo had a solid, firm and clean reason for voting for me. Also she hasn't tried to give me leading questions or put answers into my mouth. Hero on the other hand, has done it a number of times.

If you are a townie, why would you not defend yourself properly but ask for votes on you (post 182)?
I'm not asking for votes on myself. I do expect my lynch this day, since really would you really keep me in the game? If I can like hammer myself without getting a bad reputation in this site I would (that's how bad I feel the entire time), and Hero killing me the whole game with the bad questions... it just doesn't help my whole psyche. However, I'm very willing to discuss other things while I'm still alive. We will definitely have a D3 and I want you guys to win it for me *winkwink*

Why did you ignore the discussion about me and others and yet decided CJ discussion had come to an end(post 190)?
I didn't ignore. I forgot. And I was stupid.

Are you saying you are content if we lynch you because you made a mistake (post 198)?
Yes. Because worst case is that they put me in a room with Kukuchiyo/Hero. Both cannot be scum together, but both would happily vote for me. I think some of you here are better players than I am and I trust the others to make a good decision. I'll just be here to help out once I finish all this defending myself stuff and I chill.

Do you think the only reason people will vote for you is because you hammered CJ (post 208)?
Good question. Majorly yes. I think the other reason is that I haven't been perfectly clear on how Hero is "twisting my words".

Why do you think Hero is ignoring parts of your conversations (post 229)?
Because he is chopping stuff off and getting them out of context. Did you check the links I gave to 229?

What, in your opinion, is wrong with the exchange with Hero (post 243)?
It was going in circles. He keeps on badgering me. I keep on explaining. He doesn't listen.

Why did you unvote Hero (post 271)?
I have secondary suspects

How many games are you playing and how much attention are you giving this game?
OMG. I'm modding one and I'm in four games. Attention wise, I give full attention on certain games on certain days. Guess who's turn is it today?

(OOC: Is there an easy way to view posts made by a certain author in certain topic?)

YES. If you scroll down to the very bottom of the page, look for the part where it says:

"Display posts from previous" ________ by _________ and press GO

Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Hero764 »

Tenchi wrote:I can live with that conclusion.
Ok...just so you know that it makes you look scummy.

I really want to know why you think I've been taking things out of context and twisting your words, as you repeatedly stated while answering Feeres's questions. I don't think I've done anything wrong here, you're the one who's been denying all of this until now. And telling us to lynch you does the town no good.
Feeres wrote:Hero764:
Do you feel Tenchi is stepping on your toes at this point (post 20)?
I'm not sure what you mean by stepping on my toes.

Did you decide to become more and more aggressive on purpose (post 37 onwards)?
No. Its just that you generally get more into the game after the RVS...

What do you think there is to discuss about that post bay Tenchi (post 55)?
Why he would suddenly drop his 'pressuring' of me.

What did you find interesting about the post (post 71)?
That he would suddenly stop pressuring me.

Do you not see a contradiction in my posts (post 89)?
No. Are you telling me you purposely put a contradiction in your post? That hurts town.

How was lynching CJ partly your fault apart from your vote on him (post 153)?
What do you mean apart from that? Why does there need to be a another reason apart from that?

What won't you talk about much more, his lynch or what you did to get him lynched (post 153)?
His lynch.

Why is Hockey not exactly looking good because of the 30 min hammer (post 153)?
Really? It looks like the two were a scum team and quicklynched CJMiller(a townie). This happens a lot.

If CJ would be at L-1, do you think he would be responding with more effort than if he was at L-2 (post 157)?
I don't know.

How did everyone know CJ was town (post 157)?
Jesus christ not you too. BECAUSE IT WAS DAY 2 AND HE HAD ALREADY FLIPPED TOWN.

Does Tenchi answer to your question #1 in a satisfying manner (post 174)?
I don't know which #1 you are referring to.

If you expect there to be discussion at L-1, why do you think that the person who put CJ at L-1 is suspicious then (post 174)?
I don't see where I said this on post 174.

Do you think you are not focusing too much on Tenchi (post 186)?
Could you rephrase that question?

Why do you think Toledo is acting odd (post 196)?
I forget. Probably because he wasn't posting much.

If a game has one player who jumps around with his votes, making senseless arguments and not providing answers to your questions, would you lynch him (post 216)?
I can't decide a lynch based on one thing. I would probably vote for him, but as for lynching? There's other factors to consider.

Why do you say it's ok to come hammer someone when you put them at L-1 when you earlier said that there's discussion before hammer (post 216)?
That was a pretty stupid thing for me to say, I admit. I think I was just so focused on making hockey look as bad as possible at that point.

Because Hockey wants CJ lynched, does it mean that someone else should want as well (post 232)?
It depends on how scummy the person is being.

Wouldn't it be obvious not to consider a non-cop's hyperclaim investigations and if someone would use them as basis for scumhunt we could see a hidden motivation behind it (post 242)?
Could you rephrase the question?

How did Hockey want CJ lynched if he couldn't affect how others would vote for him (post 242)?
What?

Do you have some opinion on Kiku (post 258)?
Not in particular.

Can you give me a list of your suspects, from most town to most scum?
From Towniest to Scummiest:
1. SerialClergyMan
2. kikuchiyo
3. Feeres
4. Toledo
5. hockeyruler
6. Tenchi
Show

Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by Hero764 »

Addon: hockeyruler and Tenchi are generally at the same level for me, same as with Feeres and kiku.
Show

Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by Hero764 »

How come you only want to know who I find towniest to scummiest?
Show

Toledo25
Toledo25
Townie
Toledo25
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by Toledo25 »

Feeres wrote: Toledo88:
What do you find odd with Hero (post 35)?
I believe it was for being defensive and being afraid of putting a second vote on someone. Though I don't remember exactly why.

Why did you feel the need to say I was odd if you had nothing to back it up with (post 62)?
Because of something called "expansive contraction". It's when you say things like "did not" and "can not" instead of "didn't" and "can't". People lying tend to do it unintentionally in order to emphasize points. Also, I made a small mention of the random voting/FoSing in it.

Do you think Tenchi is really pursuing Hero (post 62)?
Yes

Do you mean that majority of suspicion on me was removed because I didn't vote for him or because only thing you found suspicious about me was my FoS (post 152)?
Because you gave a FoS rather than vote. If, for instance, CJ turned up scum, then there would be more suspicion.

Do you think there is any real connection with Artem's NK and his vote on Slaine (post 152)?
Not anymore, though there used to be a slight idea in my mind

Do you find me suspicious or not anymore (post 173)?
I'd probably be surprised if you turned up scum, though I really don't trust anyone beyond 85% at this point with the possible exception of Serial.

Why do you find Tenchi and Hero scummy (post 173)?
Hero-His unrelenting argument against Tenchi lost it's point and value easily. I felt that he was and is going after Tenchi too much.
Tenchi- He didn't really mind that a townie was lynched, with him as the hammerer. Also, see below.
I will say that I was moderately/heavily influenced on how their argument dominated D-2 and how Hero was quite aggresive, so I can say that it made me feel more suspecting of them, especially Tenchi.

Can you point out the reasons why Tenchi is scummy (post 199)?*
- In post 198, it seemed like he was daring us to vote for him. Same with 182.
- He rushed the hammer on Day 1
- Again, he didn't really mind a townie lynch

Do you have anything to say about your change of posting style?*
During Night 1, I felt that I had really been a waste during Day 1, so I felt that I had to be a bit more open. (Will finish this answer later)
Who else could Hero focus (post 226)?*
Wow. I just realized how sad the majority of my posts have been :oops:
On that post, you claim you do think CJMiller was good lynch choice.
Let's look at it from another view: assuming that a no lynch would be bad for the town, who would have been better to lynch on Day 1? Feeres?

* = Have to go, I'll finish this probably tomorrow.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Check how this was phrased:
Hero764 wrote:
Though I do think CJMiller gone is actually a good move for us since I would NEVER give him a free pass on making it to endgame.
2. That's a really scummy thing to say. It is NEVER a good move to kill a townie.
OK Let's see what got me going here. You are trying to imply back then that statement that I was happy that I killed a Townie because I am scum.

Of course I'm not! I feel like crap that CJMiller flipped town. I think that it was to get rid of CJMIller because he was very detrimental (didn't answer questions properly and he didn't explain his votes properly) and for that I have no regrets, since at least I didn't have to worry with him getting to the endgame.

Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by Hero764 »

OK Let's see what got me going here. You are trying to imply back then that statement that I was happy that I killed a Townie because I am scum.
I was simply pointing it out to you so you hopefully get the hint and try to explain it. The fact that you dragged this on is what made me vote for you. This coupled with your general pessimism, what appear to be contradictions here and there. I just find you scummy in general. I was not prepared to vote for you when I made that post though(154). hockey was actually my number one suspicion at the time.
Of course I'm not! I feel like crap that CJMiller flipped town. I think that it was to get rid of CJMIller because he was very detrimental (didn't answer questions properly and he didn't explain his votes properly) and for that I have no regrets, since at least I didn't have to worry with him getting to the endgame.
You've stated your regret numerous times though.

And I again challenge that notion. Killing townies should never be considered a good move, as it gets us closer to losing. I understand that CJMiller looked scummy at the time(I even voted for him), its just that saying it was a good move after we all knew he was town kinda doesn't make any sense.
Show

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by Tenchi »

HOCKEYRULER

0 - Replacing in.
1 - He does an "Analysis". Reading this, he didn't know that Hero was being accused on Page one. Toledo random voted. I voted Hero for being too cautious on palcing a second vote. Calls CJ scummy. Middle of the road on Hero vs Tenchi D1 and calls it "Over all though, its just a bunch of random things. None of which seem particularly scummy."
2 - Calls Feeres scummy fo substituting an FoS for a vote. Votes Feeres.
3 - Explains Feeres vote. Attacks Feeres for not being detailed with his CJMIller vote. The thing is, I am worndering why is he attacking Feeres more on the FoS rather than just attacking him for not providing reasons (which he mentioned). Was he trying to put a connection to the Kikuchiyo-Feeres case?
4 - Calls out Hero for defending Feeres at L-3. (I am actually agreeing with Hero's move here.) Mentions he is confused by Feeres on CJMIller (whether he was Newbie or scum)
5 - More confrontation on Feeres. From the looks of it he is confronting Feeres for his reasons for laying out the FoS, whether it was the Random Generation or a real suspicion) Summarizes with the question: "You think CJMiller is acting "newbish", and also you think hes acting scummy?"
6 - Backs off on Feeres and goes back to checking the CJMiller case. Still suspects Hero and Feeres.
7 - Asks the IC for permission to vote out CJ "simply because he feels CJMiller isn't being helpful?" (Maybe I shouldv'e asked for permission too).
8 - Votes CJMiller.
9 - Addresses my request if he still needs other information
10 - Twilight. Stands by his vote. (Jokingly?) notes that Hero was voting for CJMiller and asked why he didn't unvote.
11 - Explains the CJMiller situation from his POV.
12 - Explains the CJMiller situation from my POV. Answers Hero's question for me.
13 - Again defends me.
14 - Notes that me and CJMIller are going in circles. And that I was buying sympathy.
15 - Reiterates his stance on CJMiller. Notes the accusation of Hero to him as being unattentive.
16 - A totally mangled post. WTH is this???
17 - Told 16 was a mispost.
18 - Reiterates his stance on the CJMiller lynch.

Enlightening Thoughts:

1. Absence of Toledo and Kikuchyo in his posts. Especially Toledo.
2. It is very unlikely that Hockey and Hero are scum together.
3. Hero has focused on his defense lately. I think it is rather time for him to show what he thinks of other people.
4. With that I note he is less aggressive D2. He had CJMiller and Hero and Feeres as suspects D1. Right now he has none (from what I read).
4. He lacks alternative suspects/scumhunting starting D2. He hasn't even made a vote or an FoS.
5. I am totally on the fence with him, just because he defended me. Yet I am surprised why he hasn't pushed back on Hero. From that, I'm assuming he is also on the fence with Tenchi vs Hero.
6. Watch for wishy washiness and lack of putting up a stance. Watch if he starts to piggyback or put up BS cases (see Hockey vs Feeres, I felt Hockey was bordering BSing at the beginning.). Finally, watch association with Toledo.

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by Tenchi »

EBWOP:

6. Watch for wishy washiness and lack of putting up a stance. Watch if he starts to piggyback or put up BS cases (see Hockey vs Feeres, I felt Hockey was bordering BSing at the beginning.). Finally, watch association with Toledo.
Watch demeanor towards Hero.

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:37 pm

Post by Tenchi »

SH/SC

SH ERA

0 - Votes CJMiller for being jumpy with voting
1 - Notes that his vote was semi-random and that CJMIller is not in danger of being lynched, and that CJMiller got discussion started.
2 - Says scum would be foolish to hammer CJMiller early on. Leaves vote on CJ.
3 - Leaves vote on CJ for wishywashiness (either scummy or newbie).

=== DAY TWO ===

4 - Notes that both me and Hockey are suspicious. Tangents to a Toledo discussion. Questions Toledo for his speculation on the NK, linking to SH.
5 - FoSes Kikuchiyo for putting a vote on me instead of FoSing (I posted against this already, thought it was BS). Encourages everyone to think things through and not throw votes out of anger.

SC ERA

0 - Says hello
1 - Says he has a 1000 word notebook on the game
2 - PBPA. See for yourself
3 - Conclusions. Tenchi-Hero debate is tunnelvision. Recommends a tangent. Kiku is town. Feeres suspicious for odd defending Toledo, and attacking Hero. Suspects Hockey of lurking and possibly piggybacking, also with bad defense. Toledo as number one suspect: rolefishing, UTR, fueling discussions. Votes Toledo.
4 - Asks people questions. Expounds on why we should tangent on Hero vs Tenchi.

Enlightening Notes:

1. Totally protown with remarks and line of questioning
2. SH and SC is oddly consistent with them suspecting Toledo, despite them replacing each other.
3. Watch if suddenly gets irrational. Or suddenly starts to tunnel and not hear one side out.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”