Mini 754 - Frogs Mafia Game, Set and Match.

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

MBF, just to be sure, you haven't actually claimed yet, right? Your play thus far has really seemed to be of the "do as little work as possible until under fire and then get engaged in the game." Maybe this is a lazy town style, but its just as much a valid scum style.

I also just wanted to quickly respond to what you brought up about me: 1) My vote on you day 1 was clearly building before your vote on me, and that post and vote was the tipper for me. 2) Me being on the easy lynch is crap. Day 1 I was the 2nd vote on Archon. Today I was the first vote on you, and the day isn't over yet. 3) I maintain that my dahill vote was reasonable for page 6.

Just to be sure everyone knows, I am busy and won't have a ton of time over the next couple weeks. I'll maintain enough to not be LA though.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by Gorrad »

MBF's claimed vanilla.

Good post, BTW, dude. This guy's town, y'all. Dizzy and Scot are probably scum, so I won't ask them to unvote, but the rest of y'all should.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Gorrad wrote:MBF's claimed vanilla.
Where?

Also, who is the dude with the good post?
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by Gorrad »

mikeburnfire wrote:
Gorrad wrote:They're what I'd expect from him as town. Admitting to tunnelvision and playing by gut, for a player of MBF's caliber...frankly, as scum, I'd expect him to play better. For me, at least, disinterest is a town-tell. Scum have a harder job, they have more at stake in the day phase, so they post more. Power-roles have this too to an extent. When I'm a vanilla townie, I'm usually significantly less into a game than when I'm scum, and I tend to apply that to others as well.
Gorrad won so friggin hard just now. Seriously. He hit the nail right on the head. I'm a townie.
MBF has the good post.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Gorrad wrote:MBF's claimed vanilla.

Good post, BTW, dude. This guy's town, y'all. Dizzy and Scot are probably scum, so I won't ask them to unvote, but the rest of y'all should.
That's nice. Keep up with the OMGUS on me. Why is this guy not dead yet?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Interesting. The word "townie" to me does not necessarily read as vanilla. You might very well be right, but I'd like to hear it from MBF to make sure.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:05 pm

Post by Gorrad »

V/LA from Friday evening until Monday evening. I'll try my best to post when I can.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:16 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

going out of town today...going to try my best to catch up thoroughly from the last 2 pages...no promises though..will be back in town on Sunday.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:19 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

i can understand you wanting to lynch izzy but didn't you just mention how you don't have a read on gorrad yet?
Well, obviously *I* would be on the side pushing for Izzy's lynch.
MacavityLock wrote:1) My vote on you day 1 was clearly building before your vote on me, and that post and vote was the tipper for me. 2) Me being on the easy lynch is crap. Day 1 I was the 2nd vote on Archon. Today I was the first vote on you, and the day isn't over yet. 3) I maintain that my dahill vote was reasonable for page 6.
1) Fine. 2) Archon was easy to kill, and my wagon was building since day 1. 3) OK, I'll give you that.
Gorrad wrote:Dizzy and Scot are probably scum, so I won't ask them to unvote, but the rest of y'all should.
While I am almost certain that Dizzy is scum, I'm less confident about scotmany. He's still suspect for reasons I pointed out, and his explanation doesn't cut it for me, but he could still go either way. He's higher on my likely-scum list than you or Maclock (who I'm starting to feel pretty good about), but not much more than TSQ or Rabbit. If Izzy turned out to be town, I'd be less inclined to think scotman is scum as a result.
scotmany12 wrote:That's nice. Keep up with the OMGUS on me.
You use the term "OMGUS" to callously. Your penalty is that you are no longer allowed to type those five letters for the rest of the game.
MacavityLock wrote:The word "townie" to me does not necessarily read as vanilla. You might very well be right, but I'd like to hear it from MBF to make sure.
Yes, I meant vanilla townie.
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:I'm very happy with an MBF lynch right now. Somebody hammer him so we can get to working on Gorrad.
Five people are voting me now. Gorrad and TSQ would prefer to lynch Izzy. Rabbit's hasn't really been in the game. I won't vote for myself. This leaves scotman. It's no small co-incidence that scotman posted "[MBF's post] is not something a town would post" right before you asked for a hammer. You want scotman to hammer me. The only question now is: Are you trying to convince him to hammer me, or are you trying to get the town's approval so your scumbuddy can hammer me safely?

Right now, if I had to call out the scum, it would be Izzy, scotman, and either TSQ or CKD (leaning TSQ)
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:25 am

Post by MacavityLock »

mikeburnfire wrote:2) Archon was easy to kill, and my wagon was building since day 1.
Your wagon has been building since day 1 because I built it.
mikeburnfire wrote:Yes, I meant vanilla townie.
Yay, that makes me so happy!
mikeburnfire wrote:The fact that you did not know that there were pro-town non-frog roles in this game indicates to me that you are either vanilla-frog or mafia.
When I read this on day 1, there seemed to be only 2 explanations: 1) That you were power-role non-frog, or 2) That you were mafia. That's why I was hesitant to vote you on day 1. Enough other evidence built up that I was pretty satisfied that you were scum. Now I'm sure of it. What you said above does not make sense coming from a vanilla non-frog. From your perspective, there should be no reason to think that a frog couldn't be a power role. Therefore, you have taken my scenario 1 off the table, which means you're scum. Someone hammer now please.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:22 am

Post by scotmany12 »

mikeburnfire wrote:
Gorrad wrote:Dizzy and Scot are probably scum, so I won't ask them to unvote, but the rest of y'all should.
While I am almost certain that Dizzy is scum, I'm less confident about scotmany. He's still suspect for reasons I pointed out, and his explanation doesn't cut it for me, but he could still go either way. He's higher on my likely-scum list than you or Maclock (who I'm starting to feel pretty good about), but not much more than TSQ or Rabbit. If Izzy turned out to be town, I'd be less inclined to think scotman is scum as a result.
Yet you keep your vote on me?
mikeburnfire wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:That's nice. Keep up with the OMGUS on me.
You use the term "OMGUS" to callously. Your penalty is that you are no longer allowed to type those five letters for the rest of the game.
Except it is an OMGUS. Gorrad has yet to give any case on me. Out of no where he says I am scum. That's an OMGUS.
Citizen Karne
Citizen Karne
rossobud
Citizen Karne
rossobud
rossobud

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by Citizen Karne »

Just curious mike, what animal are you?
Games are slowing. No one wants to hammer for fear of a mislynch. MS needs a savior. They look for Rosso to save them, but alas! he is nowhere to be found. So one man will step up and take his mantle. Fear not MS, the hammer cometh!
Citizen Karne
Citizen Karne
rossobud
Citizen Karne
rossobud
rossobud

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by Citizen Karne »

Also can you explain your flip-flop on the issue of what being a duck actually means flavor-wise other than "it doesn't matter I retracted my flavor points they don't count" for me? Or at least point out where they are, because if they are there I've missed them.
Games are slowing. No one wants to hammer for fear of a mislynch. MS needs a savior. They look for Rosso to save them, but alas! he is nowhere to be found. So one man will step up and take his mantle. Fear not MS, the hammer cometh!
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

MacLock, It's true that I didn't think frogs could be a power role. I assumed frogs to be the vanilla townie of this game. Even though I was not a literal frog, I considered my toad role to be only a slight variation in flavor. The quote in question is in regards to dahill's comment. Dahill said "I expected the game to be all frogs". This indicated to me that he was either a vanilla frog, or mafia.

Of course, since flavor has since been proven useless in determining scum, this is now moot.
scotman wrote:Yet you keep your vote on me?
My mistake. I could have sworn I was voting Izzy.

*unvote, vote Izzy
Gorrad has yet to give any case on me. Out of no where he says I am scum. That's an OMGUS.
No it isn't. He's previously accused you of tunnelvisioning, so it isn't out of nowhere. Also, he didn't vote you. Please look up the definition of OMGUS.
Citizen Karne wrote:Just curious mike, what animal are you?
I claimed my flavor two pages ago. I know my posts are big, but try to keep up.
Citizen Karne wrote:Also can you explain your flip-flop on the issue of what being a duck actually means flavor-wise? Or at least point out where they are, because if they are there I've missed them.
When Crywolf claimed duck, I was a little surprised. Ducks aren't usually friends to frogs. But it didn't make sense to me for mafia to claim a non-frog role, since there was no evidence yet that non-frogs (and non-toads) were in this game.

Then kloud was killed. He was a pro-town duck. I should have come to the realization that flavor is unreliable at this point, but I still thought it held value. I thought that surely there couldn't be TWO pro-town ducks (or TWO pro-town neighbors, for that matter). At least one of them had to be scum. Eventually reality sunk in and I realized that flavor can't be used to confirm or deny anybody in this game.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

mikeburnfire wrote:
Gorrad has yet to give any case on me. Out of no where he says I am scum. That's an OMGUS.
No it isn't. He's previously accused you of tunnelvisioning, so it isn't out of nowhere. Also, he didn't vote you. Please look up the definition of OMGUS.
Just cause the wiki says it has to be a vote doesn't mean it is true. His tunnelvisioning case doesn't hold much water. He only came up with that after I suspected him. I had legit reasons to think he is scum, and I still do. If voting for him is tunnelvisioning, then that is OMGUS. Anyways, this is going to turn into an argument over semantics, and I'd rather avoid that.

CK, you need to start paying attention. He claimed toad quite a while back.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:54 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

I don't want to start a semantic battle either, so I'll drop it. But you have been focused on only a few people to the point where it can be called tunnelvision. After all, you've only gone after myself and Gorrad today, and yesterday you were solely focused on Gorrad for most of the day. What is your opinion on the other players? Also, if anyone drops the hammer on me it'll be you. Do you plan on doing that any time soon? Just curious. You seem unflinchingly convinced I'm scum, so I'm assuming the only reason you haven't already is because that would end the day prematurely.

At this point, I don't know how Rabbit is going to catch up. I'm willing to wager that he posts a few more placeholder posts before eventually giving up and requesting replacement.

Prove me wrong, rabbit.

scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:07 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

mikeburnfire wrote:I don't want to start a semantic battle either, so I'll drop it. But you have been focused on only a few people to the point where it can be called tunnelvision. After all, you've only gone after myself and Gorrad today, and yesterday you were solely focused on Gorrad for most of the day. What is your opinion on the other players? Also, if anyone drops the hammer on me it'll be you. Do you plan on doing that any time soon? Just curious. You seem unflinchingly convinced I'm scum, so I'm assuming the only reason you haven't already is because that would end the day prematurely.
I'm actually not convinced that you are scum. I have liked very little of what you said, and you've done scummy things. However, my gut tells me to stay away from you, and everything you write seems sincere to me. So I don't know. I could understand why someone would consider me to be tunneling; I don't consider it tunneling if I have legit reasons. As for others, well I don't do lists and shit. I do believe dahill and Shea to be town. There was also something that ticked me off from CKD, but I don't remember. I'll have to look and see.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:14 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

I am curious as to why you believe TSQ to be town. He was absent for a good portion of the game, and when he has been present he has been doing things like arguing why a pbpa is bad and asking everybody questions instead of giving his opinion on people (other than Izzy). Hell, getting his opinion about my bandwagon was like pulling teeth.

It's interesting to note that the two people you believe to be town, dahill and shea, are both suspicious of Izzy, and that you do not include Izzy as one of the people you believe to be town.

dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:33 am

Post by dahill1 »

mikeburnfire wrote:
i can understand you wanting to lynch izzy but didn't you just mention how you don't have a read on gorrad yet?
Well, obviously *I* would be on the side pushing for Izzy's lynch.
ok i agree...but you never answered the part of my question regarding Gorrad. also I don't like the recent circle-jerking between Gorrad and MBF
mikeburnfire wrote:It's interesting to note that the two people you believe to be town, dahill and shea, are both suspicious of Izzy, and that you do not include Izzy as one of the people you believe to be town.
That doesn't make sense. If TSQ and I are suspicious of Izzy and scot thinks we're town..then how would that make him think that Izzy is town as well?

I'd also like to hear from Raging Rabbit and CKD/anyone else who hasn't posted in a while
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:04 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I'm not sure what question you're talking about. If you're looking for my opinion on Gorrad, it's here.
That doesn't make sense. If TSQ and I are suspicious of Izzy and scot thinks we're town..then how would that make him think that Izzy is town as well?
What? I'm saying it's odd that the people he thinks are town think Izzy is scum, and that Izzy isn't on his list of people he thinks is town. I had previously gotten the impression that he thought Izzy was town.

dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:11 am

Post by dahill1 »

mikeburnfire wrote:I'm not sure what question you're talking about. If you're looking for my opinion on Gorrad, it's here.
I was talking about this post:
something that I noticed is that almost ALL of you who suspect Gorrad think "I bet MBF's scum with Gorrad". Likewise for those of you who suspect Izzy. Wouldn't it be better to lynch one of them, rather than me?
In which you support a Gorrad or Izzy lynch over yourself. So my question was didn't you (in that post you just linked to) say you had a neutral reading on Gorrad? If so, why would you call for his lynch along with one of the players who you are sure is scum.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:21 am

Post by scotmany12 »

mikeburnfire wrote:
What? I'm saying it's odd that the people he thinks are town think Izzy is scum, and that Izzy isn't on his list of people he thinks is town. I had previously gotten the impression that he thought Izzy was town.
I never once said Izzy was town. I said the case against here was ridiculous. There is a difference.
Citizen Karne
Citizen Karne
rossobud
Citizen Karne
rossobud
rossobud

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:58 am

Post by Citizen Karne »

mikeburnfire wrote:Then kloud was killed. He was a pro-town duck. I should have come to the realization that flavor is unreliable at this point, but I still thought it held value. I thought that surely there couldn't be TWO pro-town ducks (or TWO pro-town neighbors, for that matter). At least one of them had to be scum. Eventually reality sunk in and I realized that flavor can't be used to confirm or deny anybody in this game.
First, tell my why you thought there couldn't be two pro-town ducks, and then tell me why you instead said that your reason for being suspiscious of Izzy's duckiness was because ducks eat frogs.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

scotmany12 wrote:
mikeburnfire wrote:
I never once said Izzy was town. I said the case against here was ridiculous. There is a difference.
Did you read my case against her, because I thought it was pretty nonridiculous.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Thestatusquo wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:
mikeburnfire wrote:
Did you read my case against her, because I thought it was pretty nonridiculous.
scotmany12 wrote:As for Izzy, her acting like she is confirmed is scummy, and I think the duck claim is actually a point against her now. However, I don't think this is enough to lynch her on. As she said, she had different reasons than cay to lynch Archon. And as I said earlier, Cay would have little motivation to lynch Archon if she was scum. Scum are not going to try to lynch someone that they can influence. Voting for her because she is a neighbor is still dumbfounded.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”