Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:53 am

Post by Stephoscope »

BrianMcQueso wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:I'm going to lurk for 72 hours and see what happens... Consider it a "test", so to speak.
This falls under the category of "no test required."
I think it falls under the category of "simplistic trap".
59 hours down, 13 hours left?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Empking »

Unvote

Vote: DGB
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Ether »

Day 1, Block 2, Votecount...2 wrote:5 populartajo (roflcopter, image, q21, elvis_knits, Stephoscope)
2 MafiaSSK (Zorblag, ortolan)
2 Malyss (Xtoxm, Xylthixlm)
1 DrippingGoofball (Empking)

7 Unvote (antihero, BrianMcQueso, DrippingGoofball, MafiaSSK, Malyss, populartajo, wolfcrier)

17 alive; 9 to lynch.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:07 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I did a re-read and these are my notes. I'm expecting a phone call to give someone a lift and I'll have to leave, so no time for links. I apologize for the sketchiness (and my earlier loss of patience), but I like to start with an overall read, and then a deeper read.

Zorblag is town. His assessment of zwet was very fair.

There is a small probability that copter bus'ed zwet. He needs to catch scum for his ego, even if it may be his budy. Reading his posts in isolation feels like, while the bunny is being the bunny, there is some evil lurking. Though as usual, zwet has given at least a dozen legitimate reasons to lynch him by page 3.

tajo is town.

Xtomx is likely town.

AH feels town. Very town as per post #192.

Xyl feels town. Later, his #252 is totally town.

BMW is town.

I see some subtle signs from ortolan. Post #177 in particular.

I love the troll.

Malyss' #209 is disturbingly noncommital.

image's #243 feels very townie.

1. Dripping Goofball TOWN
2. BrianMcQueso TOWN
5. image TOWN
6. roflcopter TOWN
8. MafiaSSK DAYMASON
10. antihero TOWN
11. Xtoxm TOWN
14. Stephoscope DAYMASON
15. populartajo TOWN
18. Zorblag TOWN

4. Xylthixlm POSSIBLY SCUM
7. Malyss POSSIBLY SCUM
9. Empking POSSIBLY SCUM
12. elvis_knits POSSIBLY SCUM
13. q21 POSSIBLY SCUM
16. wolfcrier POSSIBLY SCUM
17. ortolan POSSIBLY SCUM

SPECIAL NOTES:
Post 234 Xyl declines to hammer zwet in favor of poptartajo "Feels better than a zwet lynch right now."

Post 230 After zwet claims "cookies and cream" townie, Q21, in the next post, writes: 'Did you miss the point about the people who may have been trying to use the lag while we waited for a zwet claim to get a head start on lurking? Zwet has claimed now though. I think I believe him, but I'll hammer him in a day or so if no one else does. " It's nearly impossible to write #190 as scum. Nearly.

=================================
Next up, I'll be examining the players labeled "POSSIBLY SCUM" one by one, with details and with links & quotes.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:11 am

Post by roflcopter »

dgb wrote:He needs to catch scum for his ego
i need to catch scum so town wins. don't liken me to abr.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:27 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

roflcopter wrote:
Sorry. A more appropriate word would have been "mafia self-esteem."
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:46 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Hey guys, I'm here. Re-reading, will catch up within an hour, I promise. :P
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:49 am

Post by roflcopter »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
roflcopter wrote:
Sorry. A more appropriate word would have been "mafia self-esteem."
well its true my mafia self-esteem took a hit after war in heaven 2, but i'm back on top of my game now. like i said, no more games with nonstandard lynch mechanics for me.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:51 am

Post by q21 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Why don't you just give us a list, like you did in WIH2, and we'll blindly lynch whoever you want in whatever order you fancy?
This is something of a misrep of his play in WIH. He was like a rabid monkey with a chainsaw, yes. But I don't remember him putting up a lynch list... that was me.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
roflcopter wrote:guys WHY ARE YOU PURSUING POLICY LYNCHES INSTEAD OF ANALYZING THE ZWET WAGON, REACTIONS TO THE ZWET WAGON AND NONREACTIONS TO THE ZWET WAGON?
YOU HAVE TO
LET US
!!!!!!!!!!!
Its not your job to control him. No matter how much shouting he does he can't kill off the town by himself, if he spouts nothing but rubbish he'll be ignored. If you genuinely wanted to scumhunt you would ignore rofl and scumhunt.

Your more recent post is better, I look forward to seeing those in depth looks at the people you think are possibly scum.

potajo: Why did you claim you could prove you were town when you could do no such thing. I get the feeling that you were hoping that the possibility of that proof would be enough to get people of your wagon.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:23 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Wow, I picked a really, really bad weekend to not check my MafiaScum. And half the game has occurred TODAY (Monday!). I'd like to boast that "I lurked towards the 72 hour mark just to get reactions from people", but alas, I was just inactive over the weekend. It has turned up with some useful stuff, though.

I see many references to me and my "chainsaw defense". I am familiar with the term, but I'd like to say that I was protesting the mindless bandwagon, not defending zwet. Re-read the exact post, if you doubt me. I never said the people voting for him were scummy, just that their reasons were pathetic. I'm not sure how likely you are to believe me at this point, considering the results of that wagon, but I guess that's that.

Maybe I missed it in all the clutter, but I don't think I ever got an explanation as to
why
zwet was bandwagonned to begin with, other than to test Goof's "meta". I mean, when he said he was going to intentionally lurk, yeah, sure, but that was
after
my post. But that's why he was lynched, not why the bandwagon started to begin with.

Anyway, that's me. Let's get to some other people.

@ Goof: You seem to be one of the few who believes me to be town after the lynch. I must admit, after the zwet lynch, I look pretty bad. I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but… why do you see me as townly?

@ Roflcopter: You seem adamant about lynching SSK before I went to the 72 hours. Previous to the first lynch, I thought it was scum aggressiveness, but I'm starting to see it as just your playstyle. Still, with how I bashed you yesterday, I'd expect you to be on my ass as well. :P

@Tajo: I'm not digging this stark refusal to claim without a wagon. What does the bandwagon change? Are you just trying to drum up a bandwagon to see who in the town bites? I don't think we need your "sacrifice" (even if it doesn't bloom to full lynch) at this point. With your attitude, I'd think anyone would be willing to put a vote on you because of it, regardless of their alignment.
SSK, post 300 wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote: MafiaSSK's "PR" is fake. Totally fake. No doubt there.

vote MafiaSSK
Again, why? Also why is it a scumtell if I'm faking it?
Why is it a scumtell if you're faking? Because faking is lying. And lying is what the mafia do. And posting restrictions seem really, really dumb in a game like this.

Alright, I think I'm caught up. If anyone wants to address me directly, I'm listening. If you asked me something in those 14 pages that have happened in 2 days, I'm not ignoring you, I just plain missed it.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:30 am

Post by q21 »

Brian - who do you want to lynch now?
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:32 am

Post by Antihero »

I'm not sure why SSK is actually writing things in posts now instead of just highlighting with white like he used to, but it doesn't help convince me that he has a PR.
SSK wrote:And you vote me because of it?
Who else besides scum would fake a PR? And don't give me the whole "bored town" crap.

I would like Xtomx and Stephoscope to answer my previous question as well.
Tajo wrote:So you think all the people that defended zwet are scum?
rofl's point system wrote:
totals

tajo: 7

xtoxm: 4

brianmcqueso: 4

stephoscope: 3

dgb: 3

image: 3

troll: 2

xyl: 2

wolf: 1

q21: 1

malyss: 1
All the
italicized
people got points for "defending" zwet at one point or another. Obviously, not
all
of these people are mafia with zwet. If they were, there would have been 11 people in the mafia at the start of the game. rofl wasn't saying that
everyone
who defended zwet yesterday was scum.

I'm not liking the strawman here...
Tajo wrote:You are once again blinded by your ego of finding scum day 1.
...immediately followed by the ad hominem on rofl.

Why is tajo adamant about getting to L-1 before claiming. Is he trying to stall so that someone can lurk to 72 hours without much notice?

I'm not understanding the reason for the Steph vote from tajo.

I don't think the Tracker claim should save Tajo unless he provides satisfactory answers to the above.
DGB wrote:There was no Night 0, you turkey.

He can only prove himself during the day if he's a dayvig, pretty much.

You're either obtuse or scum.
There doesn't need to be.
I'm with Steph that the tracker claim doens't change much. Results can be made up. And there's always the possibility of getting "roleblocked" for the rest of the game.
Tajo wrote:First, everybody is jumping against me like crazy monkeys WITHOUT giving reasons at all.
This is a stupid overgeneralization that's not true.
Tajo wrote:things dont revolve around you, rolf, ya know?
Tajo, why are you trying so hard to make it seem like rofl is an egotistical jackass that just cares about being right? I don't think that's the case and your continued ad hominem is really troubling.
Tajo wrote:You are basing your case in my reaction to zwet.
Exactly.

People seriously need to calm down. True, I could see how rofl's posts are irritating, but it's just a game, I'm sure rofl doesn't mean any of it personally.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:32 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

I'm re-reading and trying to better understand this SSK wagon. I find a posting restriction really hard to believe, if that's what he's actually claiming.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:36 am

Post by q21 »

BrianMcQueso wrote:I'm re-reading and trying to better understand this SSK wagon. I find a posting restriction really hard to believe, if that's what he's actually claiming.
Steph claimed daymason with SSK, does that make any difference to you?

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Antihero wrote:
SSK wrote:And you vote me because of it?
Who else besides scum would fake a PR? And don't give me the whole "bored town" crap.

I would like Xtomx and Stephoscope to answer my previous question as well.
I can't speak for MafiaSSK. I really hope he shows up soon.

I know he shouldn't be lynched, that's for sure. But I don't blame you for having voted for him then.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Stephoscope »

BrianMcQueso wrote:I'm re-reading and trying to better understand this SSK wagon. I find a posting restriction really hard to believe, if that's what he's actually claiming.
You seem to have a lot to say about everything except the very serious allegations against populartajo, DGB, Xtoxm, and yourself.

The longer you all give each other a pass for all of the scumminess, the more I feel like roflcopter got it completely right.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:46 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

q21 wrote:
Yeah. I'm dumb.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I am rapidly losing interest in this game.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:49 am

Post by Stephoscope »

q21 wrote:
Technically, I didn't do this. I begged everyone not to lynch MafiaSSK, and then claimed Daymason. Everyone can draw his or her own conclusions.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:49 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Stephoscope wrote:
You seem to have a lot to say about everything except the very serious allegations against populartajo, DGB, Xtoxm, and yourself.

The longer you all give each other a pass for all of the scumminess, the more I feel like roflcopter got it completely right.
Did you not read my big post at all? I thought I completely gave my side of the story against the allegations against me. And I addressed tajo and his refusal to claim. And I'm asking Goof questions in attempts to get a better read. Sure, I didn't say anything regarding Xtoxm, but I think you're way out of line here.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:50 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Of all the town roles to fake a post restriction with, mason is at least one of the least bad. That doesn't make it not bad, just less bad.

Stephoscope, am I correct in saying that your role PM does
not
say that MafiaSSK is town?
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:50 am

Post by roflcopter »

bmq, the chainsaw defense does not in fact imply a direct defense - attacking the bandwagon on a player, or the reasons for an attack on a player, are an indirect defense of the player.

the chainsaw defense works as such

player x attacks player y
player z attacks player x
because player x attacked player y

chances of players y and z being scum together rise dramatically

in this case, i attacked zwet, then you voted for me based on disagreement with the zwet wagon and my being the most single-minded of the zwet wagoners (not the mention the one who started it). it is an example of a chainsaw defense.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:51 am

Post by roflcopter »

Xtoxm wrote:I am rapidly losing interest in this game.
so replace out and let someone who isn't going to be a whiny quitter play
soi soi soi

BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:52 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Stephoscope wrote:
q21 wrote:
Technically, I didn't do this. I begged everyone not to lynch MafiaSSK, and then claimed Daymason. Everyone can draw his or her own conclusions.
Just confirm it then. This isn't something you should be able to go back on later and re-write as you see fit. I mean, really, if you're not confirming him as your partner, then we shouldn't make that assumption, and then that's a whole other ballgame.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:53 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Get fucked..
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”