Newbie 769 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by Hero764 »

Tenchi wrote:
Hero764 wrote:
You can't just pass things off as a mistake. I'm inclined to believe you're scum because of all of this and all you do is "whoops, sorry."
For that same reason I am expecting my lynch. Just not that soon though.
Not that soon? What the hell? You don't expect to be lynched this round, but next round? Am I the only one who doesn't understand this?

Feeres I'd like to know why you think Hockeyruler is probably scum when his actions say otherwise(see some of my earlier posts).
Show
[b]RECORD:[/b]

[u]Wins[/u]: 1

[u]Losses[/u]: 0
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Hero764 wrote:
Tenchi wrote:
Hero764 wrote:
You can't just pass things off as a mistake. I'm inclined to believe you're scum because of all of this and all you do is "whoops, sorry."
Not that soon? What the hell? You don't expect to be lynched this round, but next round? Am I the only one who doesn't understand this?
Oh god, you'd really jump on anything won't you. :\

See post 182.
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Feeres wrote: Tenchi feels bit like he's trying to lead us in to lynches with some of his posts, implying this and implying that.
Give 1-2 examples. And make sure to put it into negative light since you are implying that this is one of the reasons why you are voting for me.

Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by Hero764 »

Tenchi wrote:
Hero764 wrote:
Tenchi wrote:
Hero764 wrote:
Oh god, you'd really jump on anything won't you. :\

See post 182.
What did you mean by 'not that soon' then?

Are you saying that you want people to lynch you(in post 182)? If you're town that's not being pro-town at all, is it? You're basically telling us to force ourselves in LyLo.
Show

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Because that is what will happen when I get lynched.

As for alternative suspects to NOT let that happen, I'm still thinking who.

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by Tenchi »

EBWOP:

Because that is what will happen when I get lynched. (Which is very likely)

As for alternative suspects to NOT let that happen, I'm still thinking who. (Hence the request to have it "not too soon". )

Feeres
Feeres
Goon
Feeres
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:15 am

Post by Feeres »

Toledo88 wrote:Which posts specifically?
During day 1, your posts seemed to be a bit like you were just following on the current hot topics, not much analysis, a certain style which I'm having hard times describing.

Then day 2 starts, for example your post 152 is very much the opposite of what type of posts you've written earlier, it feels like you're trying to plant certain types of ideas to our mind about what went on.

In short, 152, 173, 185.
Hero764 wrote:Feeres I'd like to know why you think Hockeyruler is probably scum when his actions say otherwise(see some of my earlier posts).
I said Hockeyruler was probably town (see my earlier post). Why did you think I thought he was probably scum?
Tenchi wrote:Give 1-2 examples. And make sure to put it into negative light since you are implying that this is one of the reasons why you are voting for me.
Hero764, me. Now answer me this, why do you think I'm voting for you?
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:48 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count

Tenchi - 2 (Hero764, Toledo88)

Hero764 - 1 (Tenchi)

Not Voting - 4 (Hockeyruler, Feeres, kikuchiyo, Slaine Hayes)

4 to Lynch
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:54 am

Post by Tenchi »

Feeres wrote:
Tenchi wrote:Give 1-2 examples. And make sure to put it into negative light since you are implying that this is one of the reasons why you are voting for me.
Hero764, me. Now answer me this, why do you think I'm voting for you?
I want you to quote me.

Also, I was actually defending you at D1. Your lack of attention in this game is noted.
FoS: Feeres

I think you are voting for me for hammering CJMiller.

Now, I want you to state quotes where I try to "imply this and that and lead you into bad lynches."

Hockeyruler
Hockeyruler
Townie
Hockeyruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:20 am

Post by Hockeyruler »

(OOC:Sorry for being inactive for a little while. I've had projects and tests and hockey games.)
Hero wrote:Also, Tenchi and Hockey, are you going to respond to the questions I asked you?
This was post 184, can you specify which questions? I didn't see any directed at me that I haven't already answered.

And hero, at this point your going after Tenchi is just getting ridiculous, you've stated everysingle argument by now, and hes stated everysingle counterargument. At this point you're just going around in circles. So now you're trying to put words in his mouth or something like that. Its just a bit ridicuous.

Yet Tenchi, saying stuff like
Tenchi wrote:Because that is what will happen when I get lynched. (Which is very likely)
that seems to be buying our sympathy, and kind of a last ditch attempt to stop you from getting lynched.
[i][color=#8A4117]Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will.
I sure could use a vacation[/color][/i]
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by Hero764 »

Feeres wrote: I said Hockeyruler was probably town (see my earlier post). Why did you think I thought he was probably scum?
I meant to ask why you thought he was probably town. Sorry about that.
This was post 184, can you specify which questions? I didn't see any directed at me that I haven't already answered.
Why the hell are you and Tenchi acting like this? DID YOU MISS THE TWO QUESTIONS I ASKED YOU IN THE POST YOU QUOTED?

As for what I was referring to in 184, post 170:
@hockeyruler: My problem is that you admitted yourself that you highly doubt he's mafia, yet you go on to justify killing him anyway. The only way killing a townie would be a good move is if you are scum. The fact that you ignore this in your defense makes you look a lot worse.
CJ was posting very little and most of it was unhelpful or not thought through. This immediatly makes him look like a new player who might or might not be mafia. However, there is also the chance that he is infact a mafia simply acting that way so as to not get votes simply because he seems newbish.
But you already said you highly doubt he's in the mafia. Why are you only now bringing this up as a possibility?
:
I do now regret having that lynch that fast. It did lead to us not getting info. Yet I think it can honestly be argued that it had to happen sometime or other.
Why would you think that if you thought it was highly unlikely he was scum?
And hero, at this point your going after Tenchi is just getting ridiculous, you've stated everysingle argument by now, and hes stated everysingle counterargument. At this point you're just going around in circles. So now you're trying to put words in his mouth or something like that. Its just a bit ridicuous.
Could you possibly a more obvious scumbuddy? I'm not going to explain myself again, read post 189. Basically, his counterarguments have sucked, and he seems to have purposely unattentive to our discussion.
Show

Feeres
Feeres
Goon
Feeres
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by Feeres »

Tenchi wrote:I want you to quote me.

Also, I was actually defending you at D1. Your lack of attention in this game is noted.

Now, I want you to state quotes where I try to "imply this and that and lead you into bad lynches."
I think I actually have mistakenly attributed someone else's posts to you when going through the game player-by-player, sorry about that. Effectively, I retake back the argument about pursuing me, but I will review the case with you and Hero later, as I will be more attentive at some other time. (posts with you and Hero take a long time to read and it's 5 AM and I've lost my notes on the game)

But similarly, I want you to quote a post of mine where I vote for you.
Hero764 wrote:I meant to ask why you thought he was probably town.
I've not noted anything of him that I find very scummy. I'll go point-by-point through the list of arguments why you think he is scum and will give my own opinion.

Hockey hammered CJ fast -
I don't think he would actually know at the time of his vote that there would be a hammer coming in 30 mins.

Justifying killing a townie -
I do agree with what he says about being justified voting for a townie, not killing a townie.

Only a mafia would want a townie dead -
Prior to CJ's lynch, we didn't know for certain if CJ was townie. At that point, CJ had posted mainly stuff which would just mess up the logic which the town could use when analyzing votes etc. So, no, I don't think that only mafia would want to kill a townie.

The points in post 184, #1 -
I don't think he was saying that, he was making an argument that if we have people acting like that, mafia could blend in with that, and we'd have much harder times trying to catch people if everyone just started votehopping with very obscure reasons ect.

The points in post 184, #2 -
He says that being CJ was unhelpful, that is he acted like antitown would. Lynching lurkers on the other hand is good not only because they are not useful for the town but because a mafia fellow could easily blend in with lurkers if we didn't lynch them.

I think your arguments why Hockey is scum are mainly either because you have a differing opinion about if the lynch was justified or you interpret a bit too much in to what people are saying. So I conclude that Hockey hasn't really done anything that is strongly scummy nor has he really done anything that is strongly townie.

Actually, I have a question regarding night talk. Is there night talk during night 0, the confirmation stage?
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Feeres wrote:
Tenchi wrote:I want you to quote me.

I think I actually have mistakenly attributed someone else's posts to you when going through the game player-by-player, sorry about that. Effectively, I retake back the argument about pursuing me, but I will review the case with you and Hero later, as I will be more attentive at some other time. (posts with you and Hero take a long time to read and it's 5 AM and I've lost my notes on the game)

But similarly, I want you to quote a post of mine where I vote for you.
I mistakenly assumed that you were going/are voting for me.

See here:
Feeres wrote: Hero764, me. Now answer me this, why do you think I'm voting for you?

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Hockeyruler wrote: Yet Tenchi, saying stuff like
Tenchi wrote:Because that is what will happen when I get lynched. (Which is very likely)
that seems to be buying our sympathy, and kind of a last ditch attempt to stop you from getting lynched.
Hockeyruler wrote: Yet Tenchi, saying stuff like
Clarify this. Who is stopping who's lynch?
Hero764 wrote: Could you possibly a more obvious scumbuddy? I'm not going to explain myself again, read post 189. Basically, his counterarguments have sucked, and he seems to have purposely unattentive to our discussion.
Unattentive to what discussion?

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Feeres wrote: Actually, I have a question regarding night talk. Is there night talk during night 0, the confirmation stage?
If you have a question for the mod, it is better to put in bold.

Mod: See above.

Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Hero764 »

The irony is astounding. :P

The one we had at the start of day 2, silly.
Show

Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by Hero764 »

Prior to CJ's lynch, we didn't know for certain if CJ was townie. At that point, CJ had posted mainly stuff which would just mess up the logic which the town could use when analyzing votes etc. So, no, I don't think that only mafia would want to kill a townie.
THE MORE TOWNIES WE KILL THE CLOSER WE GET TO LOSING. If you are pretty sure they are town, then voting to lynch them is just fucking being a bad player(unless you were mafia).
I don't think he would actually know at the time of his vote that there would be a hammer coming in 30 mins.
What does the time have to do with anything? When you put someone at L-1, you are saying that it is ok for someone to come in and hammer them.
Show

kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

Hero764 wrote:
THE MORE TOWNIES WE KILL THE CLOSER WE GET TO LOSING. If you are pretty sure they are town, then voting to lynch them is just fucking being a bad player(unless you were mafia).
^^ I have to agree.
hero wrote:
What does the time have to do with anything?
When you put someone at L-1, you are saying that it is ok for someone to come in and hammer them.
^^ Not necessarily. If putting someone at L-1 is saying its okay to hammer, then we would need to look at the vote that put CJ at L-2 in a more suspicious light. Where does it end? All votes seem to carry an inherent ability to lynch. I am pretty sure that's why I recieved an FoS for my vote earlier.

It seems as though the case on Tenchi is pretty clear. What we should maybe do is start analyzing other players and votes to see how they fit. The bolded statement above seems to be an attempt(whether deliberate or not) to simply pile on suspicion to an already solid case. It is unecessary(not to mention fallacious).
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Feeres wrote:Actually, I have a question regarding night talk. Is there night talk during night 0, the confirmation stage?
The Rules, General Gameplay and Etiquette wrote:6. In order for all players to play at least one game day this game will start with a Day phase.
Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Hero764 wrote:

How am I unattentive to that? Can you site me an instance of being unattentive, maybe two?

Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:40 am

Post by Hero764 »

Tenchi wrote:
Hero764 wrote:

How am I unattentive to that? Can you site me an instance of being unattentive, maybe two?
This is ridiculous.
1) You forgot that quoted my day 2 post but then said you were responding to my day 1 post(post 192).

2) You quoted a day 2 post and "responded" to a day 1 post.

I don't believe this is all accidental, though.
Show

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Tenchi »

Post 192 links to a similar question, because I don't know what you are saying.

And your answer to that does not show that I misquoted anything. I read it and feel that I have quoted the right stuff properly. Post 195, you provided me an example where I misquoted something. Nothing was misquoted there.

Also, I was responding to a D1 post on Post 151. Explanation here: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 33#1614533

I properly quoted that one.

Don't even reply since we're going to go in circles. Which is just mucking up this thread.

And stop making up stuff

Other townies: Please cross check the links above and see how Hero is getting desperate.

Hockeyruler
Hockeyruler
Townie
Hockeyruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:02 am

Post by Hockeyruler »

Hero764 wrote:
Why the hell are you and Tenchi acting like this? DID YOU MISS THE TWO QUESTIONS I ASKED YOU IN THE POST YOU QUOTED?

As for what I was referring to in 184, post 170:
@hockeyruler: My problem is that you admitted yourself that you highly doubt he's mafia, yet you go on to justify killing him anyway. The only way killing a townie would be a good move is if you are scum. The fact that you ignore this in your defense makes you look a lot worse.
CJ was posting very little and most of it was unhelpful or not thought through. This immediatly makes him look like a new player who might or might not be mafia. However, there is also the chance that he is infact a mafia simply acting that way so as to not get votes simply because he seems newbish.
But you already said you highly doubt he's in the mafia. Why are you only now bringing this up as a possibility?
:
I do now regret having that lynch that fast. It did lead to us not getting info. Yet I think it can honestly be argued that it had to happen sometime or other.
Why would you think that if you thought it was highly unlikely he was scum?
You say that I quoted the post with your questions in it, then clearly say I quoted post 184 and your questions were in 170.

As to bringing up him being mafia. I said earlier that it would be easy for a mafia member to act newbish and still "get his job done".

I don't remember ever saying that I think its highly unlikely CJ was scum.
Hero wrote:
Could you possibly a more obvious scumbuddy? I'm not going to explain myself again, read post 189. Basically, his counterarguments have sucked, and he seems to have purposely unattentive to our discussion.
yet according to you I've been unatentive too... And yet clearly I haven't been.
[i][color=#8A4117]Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will.
I sure could use a vacation[/color][/i]
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:40 am

Post by Hero764 »

Tenchi wrote:Post 192 links to a similar question, because I don't know what you are saying.

And your answer to that does not show that I misquoted anything. I read it and feel that I have quoted the right stuff properly. Post 195, you provided me an example where I misquoted something. Nothing was misquoted there.
Uhm, if you quoted the right stuff, then why did you write that post "in the context of my day 1 post?"
I know...I never said otherwise.
Don't even reply since we're going to go in circles. Which is just mucking up this thread.
Uhm, no. When you make a post that is clearly made to paint me in a bad light I am obliged to reply.
And stop making up stuff
I never did.
Hockeyruler wrote:
You say that I quoted the post with your questions in it, then clearly say I quoted post 184 and your questions were in 170.
There were questions in both posts. Why you couldn't read through them and see that, and then answer them I have no clue.
As to bringing up him being mafia. I said earlier that it would be easy for a mafia member to act newbish and still "get his job done".
Yes I know what you said, but it contradicts what you said before.
I don't remember ever saying that I think its highly unlikely CJ was scum.
I doubt that. You said it in post 125:
Post 125 wrote:This does no help. And I honestly do not know how to proceed.

I'm looking for some help from our IC Very Happy

Is it okay to vote for CJ simply because I feel he isn't being helpful?
I highly doubt hes mafia.
He seems more... "Extremely newbish" and yet not voting for someone because of this seems like it would make it a very easy way for the mafia to "go about business".
yet according to you I've been unatentive too... And yet clearly I haven't been.
Lol. Not attentive? That's why you fucking forgot what you even said, and you forgot about the questions I asked you, and you didn't answer the questions I asked in 184.

You're continued neglecting of my questions is noted.

ATTN TOWNIES: I think it should be pretty obvious by now that at least one of these two is scum. I really want your thoughts on this.

MOD: Please prod Slaine Hayes.
[/b]
Show

kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

hero wrote:ATTN TOWNIES: I think it should be pretty obvious by now that at least one of these two is scum. I really want your thoughts on this.
What do you mean "at least one of these two"? Are you implying that they are not scum together?

I agree that both players are suspect, but you haven't addressed my last post. Why are we focusing on these two and not Toledo? I believe Toledo posted what looked like a role fishing post earlier, and was on the wagon yesterday at L-2, which according to your logic, should be just as suspicious as an L-1 vote, no?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”