Mini 775 - Hammersmouth Is Under Attack! (Game over)

Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:19 am

Post by Tarballs »

4th Vote Count of Day 1

3 - kabenon007
(Wulfy, kirroha, _over9000)
3 - kirroha
(iamausername, semioldguy, kabenon007)
2 - CJMiller
(Percy, PsychoSniper)
1 - Pablo Molinero
(CJMiller)
1 - PsychoSniper
(Farkshinsoup)

2 - Not Voting
(Artem, Pablo Molinero)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
Deadline: May 12th, 2009
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:30 am

Post by Artem »

Kabe wrote: That last bit is what sold me on it. Scum don't read the thread fully. They can afford to just skim it because they don't need to search the thread carefully for clues as to who the scum are because they aren't searching for scum.
I would argue that scum have to read the thread just as carefully to avoid inadvertent scum-slips.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:58 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

unvote
Psycho's last post seemed genuine. Maybe I'm just a sucker. I always want to believe the persecuted townie (see below). Except when I'm scum, of course.

Lot of good circumstantial evidence against kirroha - I see where everyone is coming from. My head is saying "scummy" but my gut tells me that she's town. It feels like one of those things where every time she opens her mouth now she just confirms everyone's suspicions that much more. (I realize that could be because she's been caught, but the day is still young - I reserve judgement for now)

Right now I'm liking the CJ Miller wagon. He seems like if he is scum, some well applied pressure will reveal some cracks, or make him shut up completely. Either one would be telling.

Vote: CJ Miller

@ Wulfy - I never asked you to stop the flavour, just to add more content.
Wulfy wrote:You're stupid. Read the conversation in context and you'd realize that Kirr provided the defense that she felt a need to pressure percy and vote him (despite being L-2) because in another game the town suspected her for NOT pressuring someone (further) just because the person was at L-2. I am speaking of the people in another game. My mind, therefore, didn't alter in the slightest.
Yes, thanks for this spirited defense, except that Semioldguy already pointed this out to me in his post 101, and I admitted that I had screwed it up in my post 104. Both posts were further up on Page 5, the same page that you posted this on. In fact, it's why I unvoted you.

Did you not see those posts? Or is this a content-free post, taking up space, trying to look aggressive and pro-town?
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:21 am

Post by kabenon007 »

Artem wrote:I would argue that scum have to read the thread just as carefully to avoid inadvertent scum-slips.
It is my view that townies
have
to read the thread to play the game well, while scum only
should
read the thread. They can get by with only skimming, but it's not a wise choice, as it can lead to my very accusation on kirroha.
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:53 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

My eye is stuck between _over9000, kirr, and CJMiller right now, with none looking too hot.

Over has a whole 4 posts to his name, one jumping on a semi-popular wagon and mostly misinterpreting kabenon007's words even after kabenon's exchange with me had (I thought) cleared it up.

kirr... I dunno, I'm getting paranoid that I'm seeing it just because other people are pointing it out, but I'm definitely understand the "trying too hard vibe". I err on the side of caution, because 'too townie' is a definite fallacy and the area of "trying" and "being" pro-town does not seem to be an exact science. I can appreciate a strong defense, but until you (kirr) do some true scum hunting, you're just floundering. Some things I dislike,
Hmm, why, I wonder? What exactly happens when you're angry?
Is petty, antagonistic sniping. And
For voting for you? Well, because we think you are scum. Prove us otherwise.
is the "impossible to prove that you're town" conundrum that you pointed out earlier,
in reference to yourself
. Maybe this was on purpose to serve a point. I dunno. I'll watch with VERY guarded skepticism, but kirr puts me on edge.

And then CJMiller, who hasn't said anything but "votecount plz" since his ridiculous overreaction to me. So, you've shown that you're around, just not interested in helping the town. You're not even the active worthless that you see out of a zwet/emp type, but the scummy quiet worthless type that sets plenty of bells off. And at the risk of looking OMGUSssssssy, let's put you at 4 votes (7 to lynch):

vote: CJMiller
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:03 am

Post by Tarballs »

Sotty7 replaces PsychoSniper. Thanks Sotty7!
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:09 am

Post by _over9000 »

Pablo wrote: Over has a whole 4 posts to his name, one jumping on a semi-popular wagon and mostly misinterpreting kabenon007's words even after kabenon's exchange with me had (I thought) cleared it up.
The reason I have so few posts is that it appears I am in a far different timezone that the rest of you (US Eastern). Therefore, while you guys are able to actively partake in heated debates in real time, I am forced to be active only when my schedule allows it, which does not fall into any of yours. So, my posts are directed at the entire day, and by the time im next on a whole new page has been posted.
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:10 am

Post by _over9000 »

Also, I'm currently working on a more in-depth analysis that I'll post when I'm done.
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:39 am

Post by _over9000 »

Seeing as how I don't think you guys quite know where I stand in this game, I'm gong to make this pretty straightforward. I'm gonna go ahead and address each player individually, one post at a time. The first post of my analysis will be directed at the player I find the most scummy, then continuing in order from there. In order...

CJMiller
kabenon007
kirroha
Percy
Pablo Molinero
iamausername
Sotty7
Wulfy
semioldguy
Farkshinsoup
Artem

CJMiller

When I started this I had planned on having an abundance of quotes per player, but
you haven't said anything useful
. In fact, the only game related content you've posted is this:
CJMiller wrote: Vote: Pablo Molinero for discriminating against new players.
First of all, you never once said you were a new player. He wasn't voting for you because
you're new, he voted (I assume; I do not claim to speak for him) because you have been COMPLETELY useless.

I wish there was more to say about you, but you don't leave any room for comment. Everything youve posted was to make yourself look active when you aren't. Perfect strategy for scum, let everyone accuse each other while you fly under the radar.
FarkshinSoup wrote: He seems like if he is scum, some well applied pressure will reveal some cracks, or make him shut up completely. Either one would be telling.
Completely true. And if he comes back and give actual, convincing defenses than maybe he can get off the hook. However, L-2 is even more pressure than the L-3 where he's currently standing.

unvote
Vote: CJMiller

Kabe, you aren't off my radar yet.
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:00 am

Post by _over9000 »

kabenon007

Much of my suspicion against you has already been adressed in my previous posts. In more detail...
kabenon007 wrote: Unvote, vote: Percy

Diescumdie.
You claimed you withheld your reasoning "for reactions". You say this as if it's supposed to be good for the town. Like by gaining reactions you do nothing but assist us in finding scum. But to me, this is a huge, blatant scumtell. By not giving your reasoning from the start, what would everyone else have to argue against? Nothing. You left the town nothing to pick apart aside from one specific error.

To a group of unsure, confused players, in the very beginning of the game, that single error could go by completely unnoticed. Amidst all the commotion, it would not be unlikely for the rest of the town to entirely overlook this slipup. Without reasoning, you had plenty of time to create an alibi that would please this particular town. A good townie would have given their reasoning from the start to prevent getting the town confused and targetting you while the real scum got away. That's why I don't think you are a townie at all, you're scum.

[FOS: kabenon007[/b]

That's all of of TWO posts.
kabenon007 wrote: I am saying that scum gathering information or town gathering information doesn't matter, information is still being gathered. The means by which it is gathered, while important, do not discount the fact that information was obtained.
Maybe I'm interpreting this wrong. But not only is this wordy and hard to follow, you seem to be saying that whether scum gather information or the town gathers information, its still good. To the town, scum gathering extra information is BAD. It gives them room to create fake defenses to convince the town they are innocent. The only way that you could possibly consider scum gathering information good is if you were indeed scum.

Now, I'll admit that a lot of my past accusations against you have been towards your playstyle and not your scumminess, which I apologize for and won't bring up here. But then I realize that nearly all of your content beyond what I mentioned above was with regards to your playstyle, and not your gameplay. So, please, defend my accusation above. I get that your strategy is different than mine. But to me, it's your actions that do it.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:16 am

Post by kabenon007 »

_over9000 wrote:You claimed you withheld your reasoning "for reactions". You say this as if it's supposed to be good for the town. Like by gaining reactions you do nothing but assist us in finding scum. But to me, this is a huge, blatant scumtell. By not giving your reasoning from the start, what would everyone else have to argue against? Nothing. You left the town nothing to pick apart aside from one specific error.
I gave my reasons afterward, so the fact I witheld the information is irrelevant. I wasn't trying to present something for people to argue against, I was trying to see what would happen. Who would come to Percy's defense, who would jump on him after me, etc. All of these will be useful later on. Could I have said my reasons? Yes, but I chose not too in hopes of generating more talking.
_over9000 wrote:Maybe I'm interpreting this wrong. But not only is this wordy and hard to follow, you seem to be saying that whether scum gather information or the town gathers information, its still good. To the town, scum gathering extra information is BAD. It gives them room to create fake defenses to convince the town they are innocent. The only way that you could possibly consider scum gathering information good is if you were indeed scum.
Yeah, I had a tough time coming up with a way to word that as well, one that wouldn't be confusing. Let's try again.

If a townie asks a question, and the question is answered, information was generated.
If a scum asks a question, and the question is answered, information was still generated. I'm trying to say that scum, while trying to act like townies, are still able to produce information that can be used by townies. Does that make a bit more sense?
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:19 am

Post by _over9000 »

Yes, actually, it does. Thank you.

As far as the rest of my analysis, I should be able to have more up by tomorrow or later tonight.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:23 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Hey, hey.

Here, reading and catching up all that fun stuff.

Unvote
as I do that.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by semioldguy »

kirroha Post 117 wrote:Like for example, you said, "Why are you being so defensive? If you're Town you shouldn't care much" (it's not the exact quote, I am too lazy to find the original, but he asked something along those lines) and of course, I have to answer that what I was doing (aka defending myself) is considered pro-town.
I have not questioned why you were being defensive, nor have I ever thought you guilty for that. In fact, I specifically say in Post 113 that it is not why I find you suspicious. Next time spend the few extra moments looking for a quote before completely misrepresenting someone else (that would be in the best interest of the town). Artem posted a good example of what I've been referring to:
Artem Post 124 wrote:
Kirr wrote: Okay, purely defending myself isn't going to let the Town go anywhere. I've read through all the posts, so I should post a bit on what I think about the players here so far.
This is not a response to somebody "picking up things that you have been doing and throwing them back at you". This is an explanation that what you're about to do is what a good townie should do. I'm with the semioldguy: a townie should let their actions speak for themselves.
That quote by you could have been left out of your post. Adding it in makes it look like you are trying to appear pro-town rather than just being pro-town.

I'd comment more on kirroha's responses to me, but it seems others have pretty much pointed out the same things I would have.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by _over9000 »

kirroha

kirr, I don't believe I've actually addressed you at all yet in this game. Nonetheless, I find many things that you have done to be quite suspicious. I feel that many of the other players have already covered most of my problems with you, so I'll try and make yours somewhat short.
kirroha wrote:Percy, I sort of defended you a bit since I didn't believe that you were the mafia, but this post you made made me think twice. Are you buddying up to me, by voting for the person who showed some suspicion at me? It's a pretty anti-town action, and you didn't give any case on Pablo before voting for him. I change my mind.
You "sort of defended him" in post 37. A whole 14 posts later, youve changed your mind based on one quote. While I admit that his post was quite strange (which I'll get to in a minute), I can't see why it was enough to go from defending him to voting for him.
kirroha 68 wrote:That is true. However, I do believe that pressure had been enough for Percy, and that
I was rather convinced at that time that both are innocent.
I was not suspicious of Percy's "vote-switching" at that time, as I think that I would have done the same as well - it's human nature to correct mistakes that other people have made.
Thus, I did not actually see the point of over-pressurizing Percy.
When scum see us fighting among ourselves, it would be better for them without them even lifting a finger.
As far as the bolded text, why, barely emerging from the RVS, would ou be so certain that any one person was innocent?

As far as the italicised text, it directly contradicts what you said earlier:
kirroha 57 wrote:I am merely trying to put more pressure on Percy to see if he would actually react differently.
You're switching your story, in barely 10 posts. Maybe you have an excuse that I'm not seeing, but to me this seems like a scumtell.

As well as what many others have addressed, you look like someone who could simply be trying to hard to look town. I used to do the same thing as scum, so I know what it looks like. You're acting like I did.

Toward the rest of the players, I might have kirr at the top of my list if it weren't for the fact that CJ's bandwagon seems to be taking off much faster and I want to hear much more from him.

Nevertheless,
FOS: kirroha
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by kirroha »

username wrote:These are not rhetorical questions, kirroha.
That's a WIFOM. He jumped on a wagon without thinking of the consequences. And don't you think it's weird, the way that he tried directing suspicion to me, who is the one who has the most number of votes at the current moment? That's very scummy to me.
username wrote:So, if he was town, what should he do instead when people ask him to give his reasons?
He should have given his reasons at first when he made his vote. He gave it afterwards. Like what happened to me, things can't clear up just because of one messed up post that we had made.
username wrote:"Trying too hard to look town" is not the same thing as "Too Townie".
Of course I'm trying to look Town. Because I am Town, but I'm being doubted. It's normal to defend yourself at a time like this, I have repeated this thousands of times. But you all just chose to see what I had said as a scumtell. If you still don't believe me, then I think maybe I should claim.
username wrote:And again, you keep on using this as a point against kabenon. If it's not a valid argument against you, then why is it a valid argument against him?
Then look at it this way. If it's valid against me, why can't it be valid against him? If you choose to say what I used against him is invalid, what you used against me is also invalid.
kabenon wrote:more like attacking and questioning
VS
I like to respond in a way that is non-threatening and trying to be helpful
Now how does attacking get non-threatening? I am attacking you right this instand, kabenon, and it's not non-threatening.

And also answer my question: Why are you so anxious about my thoughts on you even though the only defense you had posted was to Percy's and Username's answers?
kabe wrote:You know, username, I've made up my mind as to my direction, at least for Day 1. Vote:kirroha
And you vote for me when I challenge you to vote for the person you think is scummiest, because "it's a Townie thing to do".
kabe wrote:That last bit is what sold me on it. Scum don't read the thread fully. They can afford to just skim it because they don't need to search the thread carefully for clues as to who the scum are because they aren't searching for scum.
For goodness sake. It was break time at school that time, and I prefer the read posts from the back because it is habitual! Read my posts carefully, please!
Artem wrote:I'm with the semioldguy: a townie should let their actions speak for themselves.
I'm letting my actions speak for themselves, but obviously they failed to speak for themselves. That is why I explained. Clear enough?
kabe wrote:It is my view that townies have to read the thread to play the game well, while scum only should read the thread. They can get by with only skimming, but it's not a wise choice, as it can lead to my very accusation on kirroha.
How much of the thread can you read in 10 minutes? And post as well in that span of time? Really, I think you're trying too hard to get me lynched, since you have the second most number of votes at the current time. But since you seem to be at least trying to help the town now, my suspicions on you have lessened. Still, IGMEOY.
over wrote:You're switching your story, in barely 10 posts. Maybe you have an excuse that I'm not seeing, but to me this seems like a scumtell.
I've explained it in one of the old long posts. Please read it. I changed my story because of something Percy did that I misinterpreted as scummy (He voted for Pablo who was the only one suspecting me at that moment without any proof and coincidentally I defended him earlier, but in the end I realised that it was just an RV).

Is that clear enough for you all?

Anyway, currently I'm thinking of whether to claim or not. Because my role can serve to tell the scum about the setup pretty well.
with a chainsaw.
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by _over9000 »

I can't see why you claiming would help at all. We've already got one role claimed, which gives the mafia one target. If there's a doctor, they could still save Artem if they find it worthwhile, but if you also claim then they now have 2 targets. Doesn't seem like it would be much good to the town.
CJMiller
CJMiller
he
Goon
CJMiller
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by CJMiller »

CJ, so far, you have really shown zero indication that you are interested in finding scum. Do something about it, or I will be forced to conclude that you don't need to find them, because you already know who they are, because you are one of them.
What do you want me to do? Whenever I do anything, it just makes you all think I'm scum.

Unvote
because I will remain neutral for the rest of the day.
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by kirroha »

over wrote:I can't see why you claiming would help at all. We've already got one role claimed, which gives the mafia one target. If there's a doctor, they could still save Artem if they find it worthwhile, but if you also claim then they now have 2 targets. Doesn't seem like it would be much good to the town.
That's the problem. Claiming will help the mafia know about the setup. But I know I'm Town - if I get lynched it won't be good for the Town either. Still, it's better for a real scum to be lynched Day 1 and a pro-towner to die Night 1 than for a Pro-town power role to get lynched Day 1 and a pro-towner to die Night 1. No matter what, we should always aim for minimal casualties.
with a chainsaw.
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by _over9000 »

Even though he's already at L-3, and we've established that nearly everyone in the town suspects you at least -somewhat-?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? If you aren't scum, you might be the least helpful townie I've ever played with.
CJMiller wrote: Whenever I do anything, it just makes you all think I'm scum.
Pray tell, what have you done AT ALL during this game? People suspect you because of what you ARENT doing, not what you are.
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by kirroha »

CJ wrote:Whenever I do anything, it just makes you all think I'm scum.
CJ, you shock me.

"Whenever I do anything, it just makes you all think I'm scum." Have you ever done anything in the first place? True helpful townies should try to help with the discussion instead of staying in hiding. Staying in hiding and posting super-short unhelpful messages does nothing - Nothing at all - to help the town. It's one of the worst things a Townie can do.

Unvote kabenon

FoS: CJmiller
with a chainsaw.
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by _over9000 »

kirroha wrote: That's the problem. Claiming will help the mafia know about the setup. But I know I'm Town - if I get lynched it won't be good for the Town either. Still, it's better for a real scum to be lynched Day 1 and a pro-towner to die Night 1 than for a Pro-town power role to get lynched Day 1 and a pro-towner to die Night 1. No matter what, we should always aim for minimal casualties.
True. But at this point in the game, a claim means next to nothing when anyone could claim any role and have just as much validity as everyone else. From a neutral perspective, pretending I don't suspect you and that you are town, claiming is probably a bad idea. If I'm wrong about you and you're innocent I'd rather you be useful. Just IMO.
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by kirroha »

over wrote:True. But at this point in the game, a claim means next to nothing when anyone could claim any role and have just as much validity as everyone else. From a neutral perspective, pretending I don't suspect you and that you are town, claiming is probably a bad idea. If I'm wrong about you and you're innocent I'd rather you be useful. Just IMO.
That's the reason why I'm not claiming just yet. But if I get to L-1 and I have no choice, I will have to claim.

Now, as my suspect has changed to CJMiller due to kabenon's ability to show some good defense points, I will go and review his posts (or lack thereof) again.
with a chainsaw.
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by kirroha »

EDIT: Ack, my computer lesson is almost over - thus I can't make a full length post on CJMiller's actions. So I'll post it somewhere later in the day.
with a chainsaw.
CJMiller
CJMiller
he
Goon
CJMiller
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by CJMiller »