Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:19 am

Post by Gateway »

I say if it is a comfort issue, we lynch me tomorrow.

The way I understand it we may get the last mafia tonight right?

So regardless lynch me tomorrow if.. well hell, if we don't win. I'm confident there is not 4 mafia + my role + whatever else there is. There has to be only three scum right?
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:10 am

Post by PJ. »

the numbers jazz put there because they apparentl;y mean something to her and has completely distracted the town. Anti-town on jazz part. I'm ok with B C D.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:33 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

Panzerjager wrote:wow. Jazz, How do you know it isn't 11 townies and his role? Please do explain
Stop role fishing. I plan on claiming soon, in any event, as circumstances are such that I believe it to be in the town's best interests.
Panzerjager wrote:I WILL IGNORE YOU IN ALL OF OUR GAMES.
Oh, my, whatever would I do then? :roll:
molestargazer wrote:I would be willing to give Gateway one more night, but no matter what he does or who he kills, we lynch him tomorrow.
I think that this is a good idea, because I think he is an independent rather than scum. If we lynch scum today, that would be great and quite possibly the last of them. If we hit scum tonight, through Gateway, that would be great and quite possibly the last of them. Thus, the independent would have to go tomorrow in either event.
molestargazer wrote:I don't understand how we are at lylo?
Me, neither.
ThAdmiral wrote:The way I see it is we have four options.
A) we keep following gateway and therefore no lynch today
B) we lynch gateway today
C) we lynch gateway tomorrow regardless of who he kills
D) we lynch one of the people he has confirmed, most likely jazz, to test his claim

I am thinking it would be in our best interests to do one of the last two.

It is the lack of mafia kills that has got me edgy, but this might be what the mafia are aiming for. Or, of course, they could have been doc-blocked/role-blocked.

Can someone explain the numbers to me.
I think that A is a good choice, I agree with C, and for reasons that will soon become clear, I disagree with D. As for the numbers, I can explain mine but I can't explain Archon's. I will do so when I claim, which will be soon.

Regards,
Jazz
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Gateway »

I am confident Jazz will be making a role claim tomorrow. I understood her posting and think we should see if I can end the game tonight. If not take me out tomorrow.

Vote: No Lynch
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:02 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

Gateway wrote:I am confident Jazz will be making a role claim tomorrow. I understood her posting and think we should see if I can end the game tonight. If not take me out tomorrow.

I am actually going to do so today, so I would ask that this day not be finalized by way of no-lynch or otherwise until (a) those who haven't yet participated today do so; (b) I post my claim post; and (c) we all have the opportunity to discuss the best way to proceed after my claim.

(a) refers to Verbosity and MafiaSSK, neither of whom have commented on the game since this day started.

Regards,
Jazz
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:17 am

Post by PJ. »

If you plan on claiming anyway it's not role fishing.
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:33 am

Post by Gateway »

I am willing to wait then. Until a,b, and c have been addressed.

Unvote
Verbosity
Verbosity
Townie
Verbosity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:52 am

Post by Verbosity »

I am noticing that Gateway is still far too interested in appeasing certain specific members of the game. I am becoming increasingly uncomfortable with the nolynching. I am becoming confident at this point that Panzerjager, Jazzmyn, and Gateway are scum. I am prepared to start with Panzerjager.
Vote: Panzerjager
. I think we can afford to lynch Panzerjager at the risk that he is town, if we are in fact up by two mafiates, we can safely lose a townie. If we are down by three townies, we cannot safely nolynch again. We need to lynch Panzerjager. Anyone that intends to go against this plan should explain the reasoning for such action.
My username is Verbosity for a reason.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by PJ. »

Why me? Why not just lynch gateway?
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Jazzmyn wrote:
Gateway wrote:I am confident Jazz will be making a role claim tomorrow. I understood her posting and think we should see if I can end the game tonight. If not take me out tomorrow.

I am actually going to do so today, so I would ask that this day not be finalized by way of no-lynch or otherwise until (a) those who haven't yet participated today do so; (b) I post my claim post; and (c) we all have the opportunity to discuss the best way to proceed after my claim.

(a) refers to Verbosity and MafiaSSK, neither of whom have commented on the game since this day started.

Regards,
Jazz
Passover man. It takes up timeeee. Anyways, my thought on the day is that Gateway=SK Death Millerizer.
Vote GAteway
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Claim: I am the jewelry store owner

I poured my life savings into my dream of opening up the store (after losing my job at a big corporation several years ago), and then I lost nearly everything when it was vandalized and robbed. Although I had some insurance, it wasn’t even close to being enough to cover the value of everything, so I was unable to reopen the store. So, now I’m working at a boring new job for which I am overqualified, but it pays the bills. I still have my apartment, my cat, the insurance money and a strong desire to seek retribution from the vandals and thieves who destroyed my life’s dream and threw our formerly tight-knit block into its current state of chaos.

I received an e-mail from a trained killer who was willing to kill the thieves for me, without leaving any evidence by which the killing could be linked to me, and each night I send the name of the person I want him to eliminate along with the price I am willing to pay him for the killing. I can only spend up to the total amount of my insurance money over the course of the whole game.

Essentially, I am a vigilante operating via this trained killer to try to kill the robbers, and I win when there are no more threats to the town.

However, I am not the only one the killer contacted. He may have contacted others whose motivations are different than mine, and who are bidding against me in an effort to get townies killed.

On Night 1, I sent in Spolium’s name along with a monetary offer. On Night 2, I sent in Chiefskye’s name, along with a monetary offer. Earlier today, I posted the number that I did to test Gateway, and his response proved to me that he is indeed the hired killer. (I don’t really want to give any more details than that on the offers at the moment because I am assuming that the anti-town faction also has a budget but I don’t know if theirs is the same as the amount of my insurance money or not, etc.)

If Gateway is to be believed about the names he was provided, that means that someone other than me sent in Panz’s name on Night 1 and sent in my name on Night 2. Whoever is sending in the other names and offers is anti-town, for obvious reasons, as it would make no sense for multiple townies to be trying to outmaneuver and outbid each other in trying to contract the killer’s services to kill scum, especially in view of the fact that there have been no mafia kills so far.

This is why I believe Gateway to be an independent third party with a separate win condition from town and scum both, and why I think he needs to be eliminated before too much longer. That said, if I am going to get another crack at hitting scum tonight, I need him alive to do so because I can only act through him.

This should give us lots to discuss.

Regards,
Jazz
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by PJ. »

Ok...Jazz. Do you believe that both Spolium and Chief are scum?
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Why didn't you suggest Spolium and Chief were scum before shooting them?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ jazz: so you picked correct scum both nights?
That sounds pretty impressive.

It does seem to go against gateway's claimed role that one of his two names would definitely be scum as you could just as easily been wrong.

@Gateway: could you please update your claim to include this new information about the monetary offers.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by PJ. »

OMG!!!! lynch gateway..I know the role. He wins when he accumlates a certain ammount of cash. He also plants something on the killing party to make them pop up scum. I find it very very hard to believe that Jazz is got 2 people scum right.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Unvote; Vote: Gateway
. Panzer after.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Verbosity
Verbosity
Townie
Verbosity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by Verbosity »

I suck at alts.
My username is Verbosity for a reason.
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by Gateway »

ThAdmiral wrote:@ jazz: so you picked correct scum both nights?
That sounds pretty impressive.

It does seem to go against gateway's claimed role that one of his two names would definitely be scum as you could just as easily been wrong.

@Gateway: could you please update your claim to include this new information about the monetary offers.
Good call Admiral, I did hold back some of my claim. People weren't believing the basics of my job, no way they would believe the more out of the wall parts.

So I don't know who I get the names from, I only know one is from a townie that can gives me scum and I am the killer for the scum until I die (don't give me that crap about saving myself, it's true, I die they use their own killer and no longer have to pay me)

It has been easy to make the decision because I was told there are benefits to working with the mafia. N1 I get a bid for 75 grand and Jazzmyn's odd number down to the cent. I assumed the 75 grand hit these last two nights were from mafia and the lower cost bids were from the town.

My win condition is to be alive with with at least $100 grand when the scum are dead (had to distort that because I would get more of the "yeah right" with all the disbelief before.)

So there is my total role. I've been taking the lower bid each time because it is townie. The town should keep me as I seem to be one part of Jazz's role, plus if I die the mafia gets their own killer.

I am still confident there are only three scum. I've proven my role two nights in a row, let me pop the third tonight.
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Gateway »

EBWOP: Jazz doesn't guess, Jazz makes a bid on the already confirmed scum. It has to beat the other bid for the town. So every night Jazz's bid is against scum.

Also should add, I win if the scum wipe out all the town as well. As long as I have my money and am alive with the winning team. So I am after my independent win, but why hate? I have chosen to get my win with the town so the town wins as well.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

ThAdmiral wrote:@ jazz: so you picked correct scum both nights?
I find it extremely difficult to believe, myself. That is, in fact, the impetus for my claiming today.

I actually chose Chief because I thought he was the towniest and I didn't think Gateway would shoot a townie after staking everything yesterday on the plan that as soon as he killed a townie, we would lynch him.

Then Chief flipped scum, and I began to doubt the flip entirely.

There is no way I wanted to go into night again without getting this all out on the table and letting the town know what I had done. I have a hard time believing that both Spolium and Chief are scum.
ThAdmiral wrote:It does seem to go against gateway's claimed role that one of his two names would definitely be scum as you could just as easily been wrong.
Exactly. That is how I knew on Day 1 that he was lying about the details of his role. I know full well that I can be (and often am) dead wrong in my suspicions, and once he morphed his claim into saying that he got the names of a 100% certain scum and a 100% certain townie, I knew that he was lying about that, but I still needed him in order to try to use my vig ability to kill scum.

Regards,
Jazz
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Gateway wrote:So I don't know who I get the names from, I only know one is from a townie that can gives me scum and I am the killer for the scum until I die (don't give me that crap about saving myself, it's true, I die they use their own killer and no longer have to pay me)
The "killer for the scum until you die" part makes sense and I was actually thinking that might be the case earlier today while trying to figure out why there were no mafia kills in addition to your kills. I thought that perhaps the mafia had a restriction that they could not NK anyone until you are gone, which was another reason to keep you alive for at least as long as I could afford to send in my offers.
Gateway wrote:My win condition is to be alive with with at least $100 grand when the scum are dead (had to distort that because I would get more of the "yeah right" with all the disbelief before.)
That sounds at least plausible on first read, but it could just as easily be that you win if you are alive with at least $100K and the scum win. Plus, if you are not telling the truth, and if the flips are not accurate, then the town is in serious trouble already.
Gateway wrote:So there is my total role. I've been taking the lower bid each time because it is townie. The town should keep me as I seem to be one part of Jazz's role, plus if I die the mafia gets their own killer.
You are the only mechanism by which I can utilize my vigilante ability, but we still have the town's scumhunting abilities and lynching abilities to rely upon, and who knows there might be some other town power role that is triggered by further events.

I am uncertain about the flips, particularly since I actually had Chief pegged as town and sent his name to test you, as mentioned previously.
Gateway wrote:I am still confident there are only three scum. I've proven my role two nights in a row, let me pop the third tonight.
The problem is that you can't "pop the third tonight" unless I accurately pinpoint him for you, and I am not convinced that I did so on Night 1 and Night 2, let alone confident that I could do so again tonight.

Regards,
Jazz
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Gateway wrote:EBWOP: Jazz doesn't guess, Jazz makes a bid on the already confirmed scum. It has to beat the other bid for the town. So every night Jazz's bid is against scum.
No, this is 100% wrong. I do not receive any information from the mod about anyone's alignment. I have to make my own choices based on my own reads, suspicions, ideas, etc. The suggestion that the game mod gives me "confirmed scum" to submit a bid on is ludicrous, not to mention a great big, whopping lie.

Vote: Gateway

Regards,
Jazz
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Actually, I don't want to put you at L-1 just yet as we need more discussion.

Unvote

Regards,
Jazz
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by Battousai »

Final Vote Count

Gateway
- 5 (Panzerjager, Archon, MafiaSSK, Verbosity, Jazzmyn)

Not Voting
: ThAdmiral, Azhrei, molestargazer, Gateway

All day, everyone was fixiated on Gateway. Gateway claimed to have killed everyone who had died at night, even though they were both theives, Gateway's story kept changing. This inconsistancy was enough and Jazzmyn threw Gateway down onto the pavement. While Jazzmyn pinned her knee between Gateway's shoulderblades with his arms held back into the air, Archon called 911 on Gateway.

About a half hour later, two squad cars pulled up in front of Gateway's house. The first two officers arrested Gateway under the suspicion of murder, while the other two searched his home. About a half hour later, the police officers come out of the house with a computer, and a large case. When asked, the first officer commented that the laptop had an email up with a hit in it. The laptop is to be sent to the lab to be unencrypted. The other officer says that they found a military-grade sniper rifle with a mount.

As the cops pull away, everyone is remorseful as the only person to help the town is being taken away to spend his life in jail.

Gateway, HITMAN/SURVIVOR, has been lynched D3

Send in all night actions by Sunday at 10:40pm (Indiana EST)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”