Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 768- Root of All Evil (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by Battousai »

Root Of All Evil

In the small community of Dashir, a suburb of New York City, lived 12 people on the Johnson block. It was a tight knit group. Every year they had a bloc party. On every other weekend, they got together and have a fun night out. They even formed a neighborhood watch. Then one New Years Eve, the local jewelry store was robbed. The police quickly jumped into action and sealed off an area of 5 miles around the jewelry store to capture the robbers before they could get away. Slowly, the cops narrowed the radius down to just the Johnson block. Some of the 12 neighbors had to have robbed the place, as no one has been seen entering that location. Was it Maltz, the Army Vet? Possibly the Hu's? Or was it an inside job by Paul Jackson for the insurance money? Whoever did it, they will be desperate to escape. They may even try and kill the inhabitants before leaving. In order to save yourselves, you must be willing to kill your best friends. Can you do it? Will you do it?

Players:

Thadmiral
ChiefSkye4
Memorable Raindrops
Molestargazer

Archon

Pablo Molinero
MafiaSSK

Gateway
TCold
sekinj

Spolium

Verbosity
Azhrei
Jazzmyn
kpaca
Panzerjager

D1 Lynch Scene/N1 Results
D2 Lynch Scene/N2 Results
D3 Lynch Scene/N3 Results
D4 Lynch Scene/N4 Results
Last edited by Battousai on Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:27 am, edited 28 times in total.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by Battousai »

Rules

1.)
This game is a day start. Day 1 will start when everyone has confirmed by PM.
2.)
During the day you can vote for a player that you think should be lynched. Votes must be in the form
Vote: Player
otherwise they won't be counted. You must
UNVOTE
before voting another player
3.)
When a player reaches a majority of votes, they are lynched. I will reveal their role, and the game will move into night. Players, alive or dead, can not talk during twilight.
4.)
If the day is lagging or discussion is dragging, the mod will set a deadline. No majority at deadline means no lynch.
5.)
No talking to other players, dead or alive, outside of the thread, unless your role permits it.
6.)
Once dead, you stop posting. No bah posts allowed.
7.)
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
8.)
Try to post at least once every 48 hours. Treat the game as a commitment. If you go inactive, you will be replaced.
9.)
I'll try to post vote counts at the beginning of each page. I may make mistakes. If that happens, notify me by PM immediately.
10.)
Avoid excessive profanity, flaming etc.
11.)
Don't quote or fake quote your role PM. Don't quote any PMs from me.
12.)
Do not name claim. A little more than half the players recieved names (I'm not too creative ;)) and it will not reveal any details.
13.)
Have fun!
14.)
At any time, I may change or add rules. If this happens I will notify everyone via a thread title edit, in the vote count or both.

Breaking any of the above rules can lead to a modkill, automatically losing the game, a ban from any future games, or any combination of the three.

Sample Townie PM wrote:You are a
Vanilla Townie
. Use your wits to reveal who are and who aren't who they say they are.
You win when all anti-town factions are eliminated.

If you have any questions, please PM me. Confirm via return pm with your role and win condition.

Mini 768- Root of All Evil
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by Battousai »

D1 Started: Deadline April 15th, at 7:30pm GMT -5 hrs
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by molestargazer »

Vote: Jazzmyn

The inability to spell 'jasmine' obviously means that she's dropped out of school and become involved in criminal activities.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by Gateway »

No obviously it was
Vote: Thadmiral

In the kitchen with a wrench.
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by Spolium »

I don't care what your avatar says - all I can see is "molest".

vote: molestargazer

You're not touching
my
family jewels, obvscum.
kpaca
kpaca
Townie
kpaca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by kpaca »

vote: Spolium

Why?.................Why not!
Verbosity
Verbosity
Townie
Verbosity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by Verbosity »

I am going to vote for Pablo Molinero. I believe that he is the weakest player, and so most prone to revealing his alignment under pressure, and should he be town-aligned, would be least damaging to the town dead. I would appreciate additional votes to cause pressure on Pablo Molinero. Until then, I will place my vote accordingly:
Vote: Pablo Molinero
. Thank you for your time.

Please direct all counter arguments now, failure to do so will be regarded as implicit agreement with my strategy, failure to follow my strategy while being in agreement with it will warrant suspicion.
My username is Verbosity for a reason.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Vote: Verbosity

Be more concise man, it's just a random vote.
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

molestargazer wrote:

The inability to spell 'jasmine' obviously means that she's dropped out of school and become involved in criminal activities.
No, that was, quite obviously, my parents, who saddled me a mis-spelled name. Me, I'm the black sheep of the family for being the white sheep of the family.

Vote: ChiefSkye4
until he explains what he did to (and where he buried) ChiefSkye1, ChiefSkye2, and ChiefSkye3.

Regards,
Jazz
kpaca
kpaca
Townie
kpaca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by kpaca »

I don't know what you're planning with this verbosity, but it's a terrible idea.
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by Gateway »

Unvote
Vote: kpaca

I think it is a great idea, "All not agreeing with me are wrong.", thieves don't have that sort of confidence.
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

Verbosity wrote: Please direct all counter arguments now, failure to do so will be regarded as implicit agreement with my strategy, failure to follow my strategy while being in agreement with it will warrant suspicion.
I've never played a game with him before, so I have no evidence of that myself.
Jazzmyn wrote:Vote: ChiefSkye4 until he explains what he did to (and where he buried) ChiefSkye1, ChiefSkye2, and ChiefSkye3
Well, ChiefSkye1 died of natural causes. ChiefSkye2 died of a rotton baked potato poison. ChiefSkye3 died in an unfortunate ski accident. (a little bit of a Simpsons joke. Cookies to anyone who gets it.)

Vote: sekinj
For TCold's flakiness.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by sekinj »

hey guys
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Verbosity
Verbosity
Townie
Verbosity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:01 pm

Post by Verbosity »

Azhrei wrote:

Is your purpose to constrain discussion? Or are you just too lazy to wade through my posts? I am being lengthy for the purposes of clarity, I make all my thought processes perfectly open. To me, your vote for my behaviour is suspect, because there is no town motivation for such an action, except sloth, which is no contribution to the town at all.
kpaca wrote:I don't know what you're planning with this verbosity, but it's a terrible idea.
Please expand on this, why is pressuring a weak link a bad idea? Do you not want discussion? It is clearly the best plan of action to pressure a weak link into revealing their alignment, whether consciously or otherwise. Do you disagree? If so, what is your preferred method? If you do not have a reasonably cemented conception of your strategy, why do you resist those that do?
Jazzmyn wrote:
molestargazer wrote:

No, that was, quite obviously, my parents, who saddled me a mis-spelled name. Me, I'm the black sheep of the family for being the white sheep of the family.

until he explains what he did to (and where he buried) ChiefSkye1, ChiefSkye2, and ChiefSkye3.

Regards,
Jazz
Why are you ignoring what I have posted? Do you then accept my implicit agreement clause and the accompanying suspicion with failure to comply with my plan? Why do you defend from a random vote?
sekinj wrote:hey guys
Why are you ignoring what I have posted? Do you then accept my implicit agreement clause and the accompanying suspicion with failure to comply with my plan?
ChiefSkye4 wrote:
Verbosity wrote: Please direct all counter arguments now, failure to do so will be regarded as implicit agreement with my strategy, failure to follow my strategy while being in agreement with it will warrant suspicion.
Jazzmyn wrote:Vote: ChiefSkye4 until he explains what he did to (and where he buried) ChiefSkye1, ChiefSkye2, and ChiefSkye3
Well, ChiefSkye1 died of natural causes. ChiefSkye2 died of a rotton baked potato poison. ChiefSkye3 died in an unfortunate ski accident. (a little bit of a Simpsons joke. Cookies to anyone who gets it.)

For TCold's flakiness.
Do you agree with the logic of my plan, despite the vote? Have you then played with sekinj before to the extent that you believe that he is weak enough to be most easily pressured? If no to either, why have you followed this particular course of action? Why have you only commented on my target, rather than my method? Is this because you are connected to Pablo Molinero?

Thank you for your time.
My username is Verbosity for a reason.
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:34 pm

Post by Gateway »

Unvote
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:11 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Verbosity wrote:
Azhrei wrote:

Is your purpose to constrain discussion? Or are you just too lazy to wade through my posts? I am being lengthy for the purposes of clarity, I make all my thought processes perfectly open. To me, your vote for my behaviour is suspect, because there is no town motivation for such an action, except sloth, which is no contribution to the town at all.
kpaca wrote:I don't know what you're planning with this verbosity, but it's a terrible idea.
Please expand on this, why is pressuring a weak link a bad idea? Do you not want discussion? It is clearly the best plan of action to pressure a weak link into revealing their alignment, whether consciously or otherwise. Do you disagree? If so, what is your preferred method? If you do not have a reasonably cemented conception of your strategy, why do you resist those that do?
Jazzmyn wrote:
molestargazer wrote:

Regards,
Jazz
Why are you ignoring what I have posted? Do you then accept my implicit agreement clause and the accompanying suspicion with failure to comply with my plan? Why do you defend from a random vote?
sekinj wrote:hey guys
Why are you ignoring what I have posted? Do you then accept my implicit agreement clause and the accompanying suspicion with failure to comply with my plan?
ChiefSkye4 wrote:

For TCold's flakiness.
Do you agree with the logic of my plan, despite the vote? Have you then played with sekinj before to the extent that you believe that he is weak enough to be most easily pressured? If no to either, why have you followed this particular course of action? Why have you only commented on my target, rather than my method? Is this because you are connected to Pablo Molinero?

Thank you for your time.
Ok... I really had hoped you were making a joke with your first long post, I really had. It seems, however, you aren't. (If you are, now is the time to go 'hahahaha I got you all, LOL') For one, how do you know Pablo is a weak link? I'm going to assume you've played with him before? You never said. For two, how is it fair, on page 1, to put a vote on said player for no more reason than that? For three, if you hadn't noticed, there is thing called a random voting stage, and in it, we generally have some fun, throw out silly votes, and hope the scum will make blatant slips (hardly ever happens). Now, if you look at the post you've quote of mine (and, nearly all the others you've quoted) they are examples of random votes. Now, my random vote was essentially a joke about your name, and the length of your post. (at the time, I assumed it was some elaborate joke). Concise is the opposite of verbose, right?

So please, if you are indeed joking, tell us. If you aren't, well I'd really like to know your reasoning for your actions. If your intention was to have a record time for the RVS, I feel you may have just succeeded. Personally, I'm a little pissed off, as the RVS is a nice little fun way to start a game, and you've just gone and ruined it.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:13 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Oh, and also, I'm curious Verbosity. Your registration date is rather recent. Have you played mafia on another site? Same goes for Gateway and kpaca, what's your experience?
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:15 pm

Post by Azhrei »

(Triple post, sorry, things kept popping up that I had missed)
Gateway wrote:
Unvote
Vote: kpaca

I think it is a great idea, "All not agreeing with me are wrong.", thieves don't have that sort of confidence.
Gateway wrote:
Unvote
Why the sudden change?
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Post by Spolium »

Verbosity is playing to win, it seems. Whether or not he'll live up to his name remains to be seen, but the recent reg date suggests one of three things:

1. He has played with Pablo before; if so, I should like to know where, and what else he knows about Pablo.
2. He has read Pablo's 3-4 month post history here, in which case it would be prudent to cite evidence to support the allegation.
3. He is not familiar with Pablo and has (ironically) chosen him at random.

I am not interested in an explanation for option 3 right now, though I might be at a later point.

Something which I find odd is that Pablo is the only player not yet confirmed, so consequently he's the only one who can't actually respond to the pressure vote. Is this significant, Verbosity, or a mere oversight?
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:14 am

Post by molestargazer »

Spolium wrote:You're not touching my family jewels, obvscum.
Don't worry, I'm not that way inclined. :lol:
But seriously. Read the avatar. That is the truth. Take it into account. Please?
Verbosity wrote:I am going to vote for Pablo Molinero. I believe that he is the weakest player, and so most prone to revealing his alignment under pressure, and should he be town-aligned, would be least damaging to the town dead. I would appreciate additional votes to cause pressure on Pablo Molinero. Until then, I will place my vote accordingly: Vote: Pablo Molinero. Thank you for your time.
So, you want to lynch someone without any evidence for him being scum just because he's not worth the most to the town? Give the guy a chance.
Verbosity wrote:Please direct all counter arguments now, failure to do so will be regarded as implicit agreement with my strategy, failure to follow my strategy while being in agreement with it will warrant suspicion.
So, basically, you're saying anyone who doesn't agree with your strategy and vote PM is suspicious? Please see my 'counter-argument' up there.
Jazzmyn wrote:No, that was, quite obviously, my parents, who saddled me a mis-spelled name. Me, I'm the black sheep of the family for being the white sheep of the family.
Which means your FAMILY were scum! So you've entered the family business? Hm.
Gateway wrote:
thieves don't have that sort of confidence.
What makes you say that?
Verbosity wrote:To me, your vote for my behaviour is suspect, because there is no town motivation for such an action, except sloth, which is no contribution to the town at all.
Unfortunately, people will be lazy, be they townie or scum. You need to make sure people at least read your arguments, if you make them too long people will just skim and miss the facts.
Verbosity wrote:Why are you ignoring what I have posted? Do you then accept my implicit agreement clause and the accompanying suspicion with failure to comply with my plan?
Quite probably because at that time it was still the random voting stage. See above, chances are they've skipped your post. This doesn't make them scum.
Also - are you admitting to a little sloth there, copy-pasting the same argument to three people? :P
Spolium wrote:Is this significant, Verbosity, or a mere oversight?
I'd also like to hear this.

Unvote

1. You're pointlessly querying people in the RVS. Ignoring your post doesn't make them scum.
2. You're perfectly willing to kill someone who is, in all probability, pro-town - or force someone to reveal their role by pressuring them who you have no evidence for being scum.
3. Be concise, dammit.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:57 am

Post by Battousai »

Pablo has failed to pick up his/her confirmation and thus shall be replaced by MafiaSSK.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:20 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Vote Sekinj
for being scum in the last game we were in together.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:32 am

Post by molestargazer »

Welcome MafiaSSK - Could I get your opinion on Verbose's play so far?
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:43 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

vote: mafiassk

the clue is in the name.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”