Newbie 769 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:46 am

Post by Artem »

Toledo88 wrote: As you can see, an even number of townies is better than an odd number of townies.
It's not an issue of even vs. odd. A bigger number of townies is always better because it gives more flexibility in lynching. However, in LyLo, an odd number (i.e., there's exactly one more townie than there are mafia) is better because each townie has to consider fewer players.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Toledo25
Toledo25
Townie
Toledo25
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Toledo25 »

Artem wrote:
Toledo88 wrote: As you can see, an even number of townies is better than an odd number of townies.
It's not an issue of even vs. odd. A bigger number of townies is always better because it gives more flexibility in lynching. However, in LyLo, an odd number (i.e., there's exactly one more townie than there are mafia) is better because each townie has to consider fewer players.
Ok, that makes sense.

After a bit of self debating, I decided that he's just a rash and not-so-careful newb scum. So I think
Vote: CJMiller
will lynch a mafia member.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count

Slaine Hayes - 1 (Artem)
Hero764 - 1 (CJMiller)
Tenchi - 1 (kikuchiyo)
CJMiller - 3 (Slaine Hayes, Hero764, Toledo88)

Not Voting - 3 (atticusgresko, Feeres, Tenchi)

5 to Lynch

I'm getting a replacement for atticus.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:50 am

Post by Tenchi »

I want CJMiller to answer my questions.
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:12 am

Post by Hero764 »

@Hero: On mafiascum, you can expect being overly cautious to draw attention.
Yep, I can see that. :P Like I said, my mistake for taking the question too seriously, I wasn't really trying to be too cautious.

As for CJMiller - obviously the highest on my scum list, as I have my vote on him. I'm interested to see how he defends himself when he comes back. His voting for me could simply be a newbie thinking that as town, an IC would make the best choice, and so he followed it.

There isn't enough info in the game yet for me to really suspect anyone else. No one seems to be a definite town or scum yet.
Show
[b]RECORD:[/b]

[u]Wins[/u]: 1

[u]Losses[/u]: 0
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Hero764 »

Oh yeah, and one more thing. This post by Tenchi kinda raised my eyebrows:

[quote=Tenchi]OMG THAT IS SO SCVUMMY !!!!!!11eleven [/quote]

At first he was really pressuring me to get some info and stuff, and then, as if he was just waiting for me to say something so he could end the little 'campaign' of his. It just seemed odd, as I certainly didn't expect him to reply to my post with a simple joke. I dunno what this implies though, just something I found interesting that maybe should be discussed.
Show

Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:18 am

Post by Hero764 »

And I suck at quote tags:
Hero764 wrote:Oh yeah, and one more thing. This post by Tenchi kinda raised my eyebrows:
OMG THAT IS SO SCVUMMY !!!!!!11eleven
At first he was really pressuring me to get some info and stuff, and then, as if he was just waiting for me to say something so he could end the little 'campaign' of his. It just seemed odd, as I certainly didn't expect him to reply to my post with a simple joke. I dunno what this implies though, just something I found interesting that maybe should be discussed.
Fixed.
Show

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:22 am

Post by Tenchi »

Hero764 wrote:Oh yeah, and one more thing. This post by Tenchi kinda raised my eyebrows:
Tenchi wrote:OMG THAT IS SO SCVUMMY !!!!!!11eleven
I think that is a desperate attempt to paint me in a bad way. Or to start a discussion that will be pointless since it was fueled by an interpretation of humor.

Vote:Hero764

For:

1. What is said above
2. Second vote issue defensiveness.

Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:24 am

Post by Hero764 »

Or to start a discussion that will be pointless since it was fueled by an interpretation of humor.
Only one section of my post was humor related, and you completely ignored the rest of my post, and simply ended the whole thing using a reply to my last little bit in parenthesis.
Show

Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:32 am

Post by Hero764 »

Another thing:
I think that is a
desperate
attempt to paint me in a bad way.
What was so desperate about my post?
Show

Feeres
Feeres
Goon
Feeres
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:35 am

Post by Feeres »

kikuchiyo wrote:So, your random vote system randomly landed on someone you find suspicious? Some of the votes on CJ are not random. If he is not vote worthy, then which votes on him do you find the most suspicious? If he is suspicion worthy, what do you find suspicious?
Yes, I found him suspicious mainly because he seemed to act in a very odd way for a townie. I did not want to vote for him because I was iffy on whether it's time to random vote still or not, exactly because all votes on him haven't been random. I do not find him vote worthy yet because I read his actions more like inexperienced town rather than mafia. Depending on the answer to the questions by Tenchi, I will either vote or not vote for him.

I don't find any votes on him suspicious. In the opinion of those who have already voted for him, the current evidence is enough. It's just that I'm not that easily convinced.

@Artem, I'd think he figured out that if he is a townie, his power is his vote, therefore he should use it as much as possible. I'm thinking he's not all too experienced, I want his answer to the questions so I can make my own decision on that. The more I read, the more sure it seems he would be an inexperienced mafia, so I'd be more than happy if I got more material from him.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:04 am

Post by Artem »

Feeres wrote: @Artem, I'd think he figured out that if he is a townie, his power is his vote, therefore he should use it as much as possible. I'm thinking he's not all too experienced, I want his answer to the questions so I can make my own decision on that. The more I read, the more sure it seems he would be an inexperienced mafia, so I'd be more than happy if I got more material from him.
This is a newbie game, so I don't expect the new players to be experienced, which is why I explained why his votes are anti-town and why Slaine's vote on him is not hatred-driven.

I would like to see more content from Slaine.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Toledo25
Toledo25
Townie
Toledo25
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Toledo25 »

Just saying, I'm finding Feeres to be ever so slightly odd for a certain reason. I'm pretty sure the feeling will subside and it's me being paranoid, but it's something to keep in my personal memory. Heck, my reason barely has to do with what he means to say. But then the randomness of his random vote is a bit questionable.

And Tenchi has been actively pursuing Hero for quite a while now. Can't blame him
(he's too defensive), but his determination makes me feel like he was targeting him from the very beginning.

Also, I'd like to see what the quiet people have to say so far (Slaine Hayes + Hockeyruler)
Hockeyruler
Hockeyruler
Townie
Hockeyruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:29 am

Post by Hockeyruler »

Hello, just got the email 10 minutes ago.

I've read through this thread but I did it kind of fast and just know generally who we suspect.

Let me read through it again slower then come up with something.
[i][color=#8A4117]Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will.
I sure could use a vacation[/color][/i]
Hockeyruler
Hockeyruler
Townie
Hockeyruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:28 am

Post by Hockeyruler »

Okay, heres my analysis:

Hero got jumped on very early in part for his name, and for trying to remain "standoffish"
Toledo wrote: Vote: Hero764 for having a questionable name.
Tenchi wrote:
Vote: Hero764

Do you feel threatened now?
Neither of these exactly make sense, because how is "Hero" a questionable name? And his reply that got him voted on again seemed perfectly fine at least to me. But since it is just the first page. Discussion/accusation is needed.

So that means the first two votes on him, tell us practically nothing.

Then CJMiller seems to be acting very scummy to me. His posts have all been very short. And his votes seem to be more along the lines of "Just throwing this out there because it seems the thing to do" rather then "Voting for you to get more info on your 'activities'" It seems like hes trying to fly under the radar by posting just enough information.

Next Tenchi has been accusing lots of people. First it started out on Hero, yet then even when he was through with Hero and moved on to CJ he moved once again right back to Hero. Hero in my opinion did bring up a good point:
Hero wrote:Oh yeah, and one more thing. This post by Tenchi kinda raised my eyebrows:
Tenchi wrote:OMG THAT IS SO SCVUMMY !!!!!!11eleven
Seeing as the original comment was directed at Tenchi, it would make more sense to reply to it normally, rather than using humor. However, its not really scummy.
Tenchi wrote: I think that is a desperate attempt to paint me in a bad way. Or to start a discussion that will be pointless since it was fueled by an interpretation of humor.

Vote:Hero764

For:

1. What is said above
2. Second vote issue defensiveness.
First off I don't understand what the second reason means about defensiveness. Is its going back to Hero being defensive? Because if so, why did Tenchi reply with humor if he still had issues with it? And his little "evaluation" of Hero is rather short and leads straight into voting for Hero. He could have at least explained how his humor was supposed to be interpreted.

Over all though, its just a bunch of random things. None of which seem particularly scummy.

Now I'd really like to see more from Slain Hayes and CJMiller. And at this point I don't really suspect anybody but CJMiller. But because of him already having 3 votes, putting him at L-1 would be bad at this point I think.

(OOC: Look forward to playing with you all!)
[i][color=#8A4117]Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will.
I sure could use a vacation[/color][/i]
Slaine Hayes
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by Slaine Hayes »

CJ, I am not trying to kill off new players, and I am certainly not intending to kill you off.

It is way too early in the game for me to be certain about a lynch.

My vote was semi-random and you are in no danger of being lynched, im just looking to get discussion started, and you have done that very well.

On the other hand, I must apologize for my lack of posting, I won't be able to post long, deep, posts until this weekend, but I will certainly put in my two cents of what is going on and check in daily.
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

Slaine Hayes wrote:
My vote was semi-random and
you are in no danger of being lynched
, im just looking to get discussion started, and you have done that very well.
I find this odd for you to say, especially as an IC. He is at L-2. How can you be sure that he is in "no danger" of being lynched? I find the entire CJ wagon somewhat suspicious. More than one of you have defined your votes as "random" or "semi-random", and the previous FoS seems more like a prelude to a vote. What exactly has CJ done to make him scum? If the votes are truly random, why leave them on while he is at L-2 and actually very much in danger of being lynched?
CJMiller
CJMiller
he
Goon
CJMiller
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by CJMiller »

What's L-2?
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by Hero764 »

Now that you're here CJMiller, I think you should answer the questions asked of you :P.

And L-2 means the person is 2 votes away from getting lynched.
Show

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Hero764 wrote:Another thing:
I think that is a
desperate
OK Then. Let's discuss the 1001 possibilities why I reacted that way to your post. (In other words, pursuing a discussion like that is nonsense. And suspecting me for it is I feel, DESPERATE)

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Hockey wrote: First off I don't understand what the second reason means about defensiveness. Is its going back to Hero being defensive? Because if so, why did Tenchi reply with humor if he still had issues with it? And his little "evaluation" of Hero is rather short and leads straight into voting for Hero. He could have at least explained how his humor was supposed to be interpreted.
I let it go because I have no further questions for it. No further questions does not mean though, that it is not considered scummy or questionable. Did he explain why he voted that way and reacted that way? Yes. But do I buy it? Not necessarily.

Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Hero764 »

Tenchi wrote:
Hero764 wrote:Another thing:
I think that is a
desperate
OK Then. Let's discuss the 1001 possibilities why I reacted that way to your post. (In other words, pursuing a discussion like that is nonsense. And suspecting me for it is I feel, DESPERATE)
Wow, you really read through my post didn't you? When, in that entire post, did I say I suspected you of being scum in the slightest. I was just bringing up the fact that I found the post interesting, nothing more. It seems like you over reacted this time. And voting me because I allegedly suspect you? OMGUS much?
Show

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Nope. Because what you did was so subtle, but I can smell the stench from it. It's like planting a seed that you want a Townie to pick up on, to work the case for you. It's also like saying that "I think that is scummy, but I don't really think so, so what do you guys think and maybe we should discuss that pointless lead so that we could waste time and cover the tracks of other scummy things happening."

I'll quote you again for reference:

"At first he was really pressuring me to get some info and stuff, and then, as if he was just waiting for me to say something so he could end the little 'campaign' of his. It just seemed odd, as I certainly didn't expect him to reply to my post with a simple joke. I dunno what this implies though, just something I found interesting that maybe should be discussed."

Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Hero764 »

That's simply how you interpreted it. And how exactly would that cover the tracks? I think the people in this thread are smart enough to discuss more than one thing at once.

Also:
cover the tracks of other scummy things happening.
Such as what, exactly?
Show

Slaine Hayes
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:12 am

Post by Slaine Hayes »

kikuchiyo wrote:
Slaine Hayes wrote:
My vote was semi-random and
you are in no danger of being lynched
, im just looking to get discussion started, and you have done that very well.
I find this odd for you to say, especially as an IC. He is at L-2. How can you be sure that he is in "no danger" of being lynched? I find the entire CJ wagon somewhat suspicious. More than one of you have defined your votes as "random" or "semi-random", and the previous FoS seems more like a prelude to a vote. What exactly has CJ done to make him scum? If the votes are truly random, why leave them on while he is at L-2 and actually very much in danger of being lynched?
If anyone was to hammer on CJ, we could know right off the bat who the scum were-noone is foolish enough at this point to hammer on him.

This is partially why I am leaving my vote on for now.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”