Mini 754 - Frogs Mafia Game, Set and Match.

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Cry's mason buddy would have a higher odds of being scum, yes, but the possibility of two scum neighbors from different teams is a possibility too.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by Archon »

Permission accepted.

My PM says I am neighbors with crywolf. Even though I think I was already voting for crywolf, I just wanted to make sure I was (guess I was to lazy to look back a couple of posts.) Just another reason to keep my vote.

Of course, if we lynch crywolf, and she turns up town that would look bad for me... But then again, if I were scum, why would I be pointing this out? Why am I even continuing this post in the first place? I baffle myself.
Now modding Vengeful Mafia
pronounced ark-on
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

So we just let Gorrad succeed in out the two masons. Congratulations everyone. Can we lynch Gorrad now?
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Please don't lynch crywolf. I'd like to actually get to play this game rather than replacing in just to be lynched. :( [/appeal to emotion]

I need to read the game and work out what the hell is going on, so I'd prefer if people either wait before asking any questions you might have or at least quote the relevent stuff so I can make a stab at it before then, 'kay?
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by Archon »

Gorrad wrote:Cry's mason buddy would have a higher odds of being scum, yes, but the possibility of two scum neighbors from different teams is a possibility too.
Why would I?
pronounced ark-on
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Archon wrote:
Gorrad wrote:Cry's mason buddy would have a higher odds of being scum, yes, but the possibility of two scum neighbors from different teams is a possibility too.
Why would I?
Because you had not claimed. However, you have now, so that point's moot. Also, are you also a duck?

DI, you're at L-2. I'd hurry up if I was you.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Gorrad wrote:
Archon wrote:
Why would I?
Because you had not claimed. However, you have now, so that point's moot. Also, are you also a duck?

We are not lynching izzy because of your stupid theory.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by Gorrad »

scotmany12 wrote:
Gorrad wrote:
Archon wrote:
Why would I?

We are not lynching izzy because of your stupid theory.
You're not. I am. And it's hardly based only on the fact that she's a neighbor. I was hard-pressed to give benefit of the doubt even when the claim was still mason.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

'kay, I've read through it. I'd like to know exactly how much of the case made against IzzyCayke (since we're y'know, one single entity in game terms) is solely because of Cayke's inactivity? I mean, it looks too me that far too much of the case is basically Cayke=LurkerScum with side helpings of "lol, strange claim". Please let me know if there's anything else I missed in my hurry to re-read before a possible scum quick-hammer since I'm at L-2.
Show
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

So, I'm kinda suspicous of Archon's behaviour since he's joined the game. After going 20 hours between posting that he's started reading and then posting that he was up to speed and had absolutely nothing to say, he's pretty much contributed a whole lot of nothing. He voted for cry initially for lurking - or as he pout it, not voting for 5 days, which is not particularly indicative of anything, except that he said it meant she was "definitely" scum, which seems far, far too conclusive based on teh available information and the status of her claim.

Then, after some irrelevent content-free posts, he responded to Gorrad pointing out that the use of neighbours rather than masons tends to mean that one or both are scum by promptly unvoting a vote on cry and revoting for Cry in a very obvious way that appears to be designed to draw great attention to the reason for his vote. Two posts later, the intervening p[ost being one about waiting for mod permission, which I'm a little curious about, he promptly claims the other half of the neighbour duo. In this post, he brings up the WIFOMy stuff about an IzzyCayke lynch being bad for him "if" IzzyCayke turns up town.

It seems deliberate to me - that he made that vote to deliberately lead to pressure for him to claim that came when people questioned his unexplained and attention-seeking vote, so that he could make the claim in a manner that would make him look less suspicious once he's managed to get his neighbour, who he'd know is not aligned with his particular scumgroup were he scum and is therefore expendable, lynched. Therefore,
vote: Archon
Show
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:13 am

Post by Archon »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
So, I'm kinda suspicous of Archon
's behaviour since he's joined the game.
After going 20 hours between posting that he's started reading and then posting that he was up to speed and had absolutely nothing to say
, he's pretty much contributed a whole lot of nothing. He voted for cry initially for lurking - or as he pout it, not
voting
for 5 days, which is not particularly indicative of anything, except that he said it meant she was "definitely" scum, which seems far, far too conclusive based on teh available information and the status of her claim.

Then, after some irrelevent content-free posts, he responded to Gorrad pointing out that the use of neighbours rather than masons tends to mean that one or both are scum by promptly
unvoting a vote on cry and revoting for Cry in a very obvious way that appears to be designed to draw great attention to the reason for his vote
. Two posts later, the
intervening p[ost being one about waiting for mod permission
, which I'm a little curious about, he
promptly claims the other half of the neighbour duo
. In this post, he brings up the WIFOMy
stuff about an IzzyCayke lynch being bad for him "if" IzzyCayke turns up town

It seems deliberate to me
- that he made that vote to
deliberately lead to pressure for him to claim that came when people questioned his unexplained and attention-seeking vote, so that he could make the claim in a manner that would make him look less suspicious once he's managed to get his neighbour
, who he'd know is not aligned with his particular scumgroup were he scum and is therefore expendable, lynched. Therefore,
vote: Archon
1. Yeah, everyone usually is when they first join.

2. I lied. sorry...

3. Typo

I was trying to act like i was in the game, which I am now. back then, I did not have alot of patience, and so I just was being strange.

4. Thats the truth. I wanted to say that I was a mason with her. however, after reading the rules, and for fear of a ban, as I am also a bit of a newb still, I was wary of actually posting "I am cry's neighbor." which leads me to

5. I asked the mod if I caould paraphrase, and he saidd yes. since I got that answer, I said the next post about me being a neighbor with crywolf.

6. yep

7. of course it would be bad for me! I just claimed I was a neighbor with crywolf, after the gorrad post of all neighbors consisting of one townie and one mafia. If, for some reason she wasn't a mafia, that would look terrible for me, because it would be saying, "Archon is mafia." which I'm not. (of course, that really dosen't do much, now does it?)

8. yep

your sentance has a bit too many to's in it, but I'll answer the best I can.

9. entirely possible, if I were scum.

Of course, if I knew she was town, why would I be voting for her? wouldn't that make me look bad, when she would turn up town? hm?

General thought;

If I was mafia, why would I not read all the twenty pages? Wouldn't mafia want to go and scan through pages for a weak person? also, I have never yet had any role other than a townie, and -- whoa... I'm having a nose bleed... and an allergic reaction... this isn't looking good. I'm going to rush this post. anyway, I would be ecstatic to be mafia, and would have glady read all those pages to find a scdapegoat, and make my own arguments. but I didn't.

Nosebleed stopped.
I'm still having a reaction though. could be all the salt water here in mexico. oh well.
pronounced ark-on
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:15 am

Post by Archon »

Gorrad wrote:
Archon wrote:
Why would I?

What do you mean a duck? is this actually a part of the game?
pronounced ark-on
Citizen Karne
Citizen Karne
rossobud
Citizen Karne
rossobud
rossobud

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Citizen Karne »

There is so much wrong with Gorrad's argument it isn't even funny. You are ready to lynch Izzy based almost entirely on the assumption that both you and the mod share the same definition of neighbor. Do you not see what is wrong with this? If Shanba was going off of the wiki definition instead of your personal definition, then they could both very well be town. I personally am more ready to assume Shanba consulted the wiki before this game than Gorrad.

Archon, do you not see the total WIFOM in your argument? You could very well be town by your actions, but then again you could be scum trying to get Izzy lynched. If Izzy turns up town, then either Archon is scum or Gorrad is wrong and he is town. If we go with this lynch, we are letting Gorrad run the town for two days, costing us what may in fact be a pair of town masons.

There really isn't enough evidence in my mind to support this lynch. Gorrad, on the other hand, I would love to see on the chopping block.
Games are slowing. No one wants to hammer for fear of a mislynch. MS needs a savior. They look for Rosso to save them, but alas! he is nowhere to be found. So one man will step up and take his mantle. Fear not MS, the hammer cometh!
Citizen Karne
Citizen Karne
rossobud
Citizen Karne
rossobud
rossobud

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:13 am

Post by Citizen Karne »

Archon wrote:
Gorrad wrote:
Archon wrote:
Why would I?

What do you mean a duck? is this actually a part of the game?
Missed this. Interesting. What animal are you? Seeing as you've already outed yourself, I suppose there is no harm in asking this.
Games are slowing. No one wants to hammer for fear of a mislynch. MS needs a savior. They look for Rosso to save them, but alas! he is nowhere to be found. So one man will step up and take his mantle. Fear not MS, the hammer cometh!
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:36 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Unvote. Vote: Archon
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:26 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Gorrad wrote:
Archon wrote:
Why would I?

How is it a moot point? He still did not come out and claim without pressure. By your exact logic, how he did not claim right away, he would be scum. Yet you are voting for izzy.

There is so much wrong with archon's post. It is riddled with wifom, and I have no idea what to make with it.

Guys, Gorrad lynch>Archon lynch.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Gorrad »

If he did not claim at all, he would be scum. I didn't think he'd need pressure to do so, but he did. The fact that he did doesn't make him scum. 410-411 make him scum.
Unvote, Vote: Archon

Also, I shall say once more for Karne's sake, my argument against CW is NOT based on her role name. I was voting/suspecting her long before that. The only reason I was giving her the benefit of the doubt was that she had claimed mason. What the role name 'neighbor' did was stop me from giving her that benefit. That's all.
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by Archon »

Jee, people sure are suspicous of me.
Unvote

I am, as you guys have seen, a newb. Although at some points I can make good dcisoins, I am still learning.

When gorrad said that typically neighbors are mafia/townie team, I decided to vote for crywolf because I was neighbors with her, and I'm a townie. at this point, there is no way to show that I really am a townie, of course. And I cannot think of a way to display this. but i am a hairy toad, (whatever that means) and am trying to get the town to win.

Any questions you want to ask me for your cross-examinations I will be more than happy to answer. :)

also, I looked at the commonly used abbreviations for wifom. Wine in front of me is the definition, but what exactly does it mean? that I'm acting drunk?
MacavityLock wrote:
Unvote. Vote: Archon
A reason, please.
Gorrad wrote:If he did not claim at all, he would be scum. I didn't think he'd need pressure to do so, but he did. The fact that he did doesn't make him scum. 410-411 make him scum.
Unvote, Vote: Archon

Also, I shall say once more for Karne's sake, my argument against CW is NOT based on her role name. I was voting/suspecting her long before that. The only reason I was giving her the benefit of the doubt was that she had claimed mason. What the role name 'neighbor' did was stop me from giving her that benefit. That's all.
and how exactly do my posts make me scum?
pronounced ark-on
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:11 pm

Post by Gorrad »

410 shows signs of you lying for no one's benefit but to preserve your own hide and contians more WIFOM than Watchmen does man-ass. 411 shows you haven't been paying attention to your own partner. 417 puts you as a Toad in Frogs Mafia.
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:51 pm

Post by Archon »

Gorrad wrote:410 shows signs of you lying for no one's benefit but to preserve your own hide and contians more WIFOM than Watchmen does man-ass. 411 shows you haven't been paying attention to your own partner. 417 puts you as a Toad in Frogs Mafia.
well, exuse me for noticing that her avatar was a duck. I thought that everytime somone called her a duck, it was a joke.

alos, you completley re-stated what you just said in the last post of yours. Tell me what exactly about it is scummy. me using your idea, then trying to cover my butt when people attack me?
pronounced ark-on
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:22 am

Post by Gorrad »

Archon wrote:
Gorrad wrote:410 shows signs of you lying for no one's benefit but to preserve your own hide and contians more WIFOM than Watchmen does man-ass. 411 shows you haven't been paying attention to your own partner. 417 puts you as a Toad in Frogs Mafia.
well, exuse me for noticing that her avatar was a duck. I thought that everytime somone called her a duck, it was a joke.

alos, you completley re-stated what you just said in the last post of yours. Tell me what exactly about it is scummy. me using your idea, then trying to cover my butt when people attack me?
I....you...it's been one of the biggest points brought against her! Geez.

No. You're #3 answer is scummy because you're admitting that you lied to cover up lurking. #7, #9, and the general thought are complete WIFOM. Plus, you've claimed Toad, a species notable for not being a Frog.

Dunno about the rest of y'all town, but Toads seem like a pretty good candidate for the mafia to me.
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:28 am

Post by Archon »

Gorrad wrote:
Archon wrote:

I....you...it's been one of the biggest points brought against her! Geez.

No. You're #3 answer is scummy because you're admitting that you lied to cover up lurking. #7, #9, and the general thought are complete WIFOM. Plus, you've claimed Toad, a species notable for not being a Frog.

Dunno about the rest of y'all town, but Toads seem like a pretty good candidate for the mafia to me.
And what are you, then?

I never lurked. I guess I forgot to post it in this particular forum, but I was on a plane going to mexico. Thus the short period of inactivity.

Actually, I have about 6 hours to burn. I'm sitting here in the Dallas/fort worth airport bouncing airplanes (volunteering to skip the flight for airline vouchers and other perks) and so far, together with my dad, we have accumulated over $3,000 worth of free airline vouvhers. we also got to stay in a four star hotel last night. The next flight back home will be at 4 or something, so I have alot of time to burn on the internet.

So, I wasn't lurking.
pronounced ark-on
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:39 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

I am very happy about my Archon vote at the moment. His general reactions to suspicion have been very non-townish.
Show
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:39 am

Post by dahill1 »

back from V/LA
post coming soon
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Updating, as usual typing and reading.
mikeburnfire wrote: I could see moving my vote over to Archon, but I don't know about Karne. I would need to review his posts first.
did you review his posts...thoughts?
crywolf20084 wrote:
B) I have disappeared for personal reasons. Sorry. I'm back for the moment.
I see that he has been replaced, so it sort of suck that he cant answer this..."what personal reasons stopped you from posting in this game, but posting everywhere else?" But he is no longer here....still calling bullshit.
dahill1 wrote:
crywolf20084 wrote:Now, I have noticed you haven't said much either. You showed up. Said you read, and then had nothing what so ever to say about this game. Found it odd then and I still find it odd.
i, personally, find it odd that you are attacking archon for virtually the same exact thing you did
QFT
mikeburnfire wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:MBF, you ever been in a normal game that the town no lynched day 1?
Yes, several.
can I have a link...curious…
scotmany12 wrote:
unvote, vote: Gorrad

This is a good post. Seriously though, this is now my only game so I'll be able to be more active from now on.
we'll see.....if gorrad is your first pick as scum, do you have a second....and why?
Thestatusquo wrote:Back with laptop.
welcome back..thoughts?
Citizen Karne wrote:I am very sorry I haven't been more involved as of late but school is very hectic right now. I apologize but I don't have time now for anything comprehensive. I'll have to post tomorrow. Again, I'm sorry about this.
Unlike cry...this checks out.
mikeburnfire wrote: I'll move my vote to Gorrad for now.
I don't like how people are voting for the claimed mason on Day 1, and it's worse that Gorrad joined in near the deadline
for some arbitrary "neighbor" comment.
say what?..8 posts later..
mikeburnfire wrote:Okay, I accept your explanation Gorrad.

unvote

Seeing as how Crywolf is the only one even close to a lynch with 5 votes, I guess I'll help it along. I'm not stupid enough to lynch just for the sake of lynching, and I hate the idea of lynching a claimed mason on Day 1. But she has acted suspicious, there's no denying that.

vote: CryWolf
Something about this is leaving a bad taste in my mouth…so what if cry is the only one close to a lynch, why does that deserve a vote from you?...to me..that seems like lynching for the sake of lynching…welcome to near the top of my scum radar..how does it feel?

mikeburnfire wrote:
Mod: since I'll be gone, I'd like to give my vote to Gorrad, allowing him to change my vote if some new information should come up. Is this allowed? I've seen it before in other games.
werent you just voting him, because of his vote on the “mason” you are now voting for no apparent reason? Also I think it is bullshit to give your vote to someone else….when/if you lynch town, you can always fall back on “well, I gave my vote to gorrad so it cant be linked to me”.

ML, what are your thoughts on MBF’s posts 372, 370?

Archon wrote:Permission accepted.

My PM says I am neighbors with crywolf.
If any one didnt know this at this point then they are playing the wrong game….the breadcrumbs were piled high enough….the weak attempt at a breadcrumb from Cry is one reason why I don’t feel she is the lynch today…
Archon wrote:Even though I think I was already voting for crywolf, I just wanted to make sure I was (guess I was to lazy to look back a couple of posts.) Just another reason to keep my vote.

Of course, if we lynch crywolf, and she turns up town that would look bad for me... But then again, if I were scum, why would I be pointing this out? Why am I even continuing this post in the first place? I baffle myself.
Someone just WIFOMed all over the coats….

Caught up…

Archon's vote and posts suck, but MBF’s posts seems super scummy.

Unvote, vote MBF
…..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”