Mini 754 - Frogs Mafia Game, Set and Match.

crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:05 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Cry any reason you keep ignoring my questions?

MBF, you ever been in a normal game that the town no lynched day 1?

The Archon vote of Cry surprised the shit out of me...guess I read something wrong.
I didn't look back, sorry.

Lemme go find them.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:48 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:my reply to CK's 239 (trying to avoid long quote pyramids), why did you go check to see if my comment was accurate?

unvote Cry...
need to think on that claim...parts of it are sticking out in particular, but I think i know what she doing, so will leave it at that...however, i dont think I understand why you would want to lynch your partner....do you know if your partner knows your alignment?

I don't know if he knows. I can't wait to talk to him tonight to understand him better.
CKD wrote:I think that if Cry has a mason partner and that partner had anything important to bring to the table right now..he/she would. Cry is either scum or mason…maybe both, but I am doubting it. I believe Cry’s claim….I also think that Cry is probably new to the game. I think that the partner coming out right now will hurt us more than help us…If Cry is indeed telling the truth, at this point, Cry’s claim has nullified the usefulness of role. My biggest problem was Cry’s attack of that partner….did you ever explain why you thought it might be a good idea to lynch your partner?
Well...Okay when i see the word "neighbor" that usually freaks me out, which is what my Role PM specifically says I am.
I dunno. Right now my partner is trying to be active and I wanna talk to him.

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:33 am

Post by MacavityLock »

cry, similar to my other question: To your knowledge, did your partner know that you were a duck before you announced so to the thread? That is, did you tell him through night talk, and/or do you think he might have been aware of it via his PM?
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:47 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

curiouskarmadog wrote:MBF, you ever been in a normal game that the town no lynched day 1?
Yes, several.
cry wrote:Right now my partner is trying to be active and I wanna talk to him.
So according to you, your partner is male, and was lurking, but is now fairly active. I'm pretty sure I could figure out who it is, thanks to the hints you've dropped.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:06 am

Post by Gorrad »

crywolf20084 wrote:Well...Okay when i see the word "neighbor" that usually freaks me out, which is what my Role PM specifically says I am.
Unvote, Vote: Crywolf
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

1)
curiouskarmadog wrote:
kloud1516 wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:welcome farside, good to be in a game with you again..

question, what do you think of this comment for CK in reference to CW?
Been waiting for anyone to comment on this..but no one has yet....

still comfortable with my vote on CW however...for now
CitizenKarne wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
crywolf20084 wrote:I too am LA due to the fact I work tonight, tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday...along with two art projects that desperately need working on because its due on Monday. I may need replacing...I dunno how much I can catch up with...I will try.
9 pages is not that much...you seem to be active everywhere else..why?
If she truly is active elsewhere, then this lurking is very disturbing to me.
FoS: crywolf20084
Why exactly were you waiting for others to respond before doing so yourself? What does waiting for others to notice something accomplish? Why bring this up when farside "replaces" in, when it was something you had felt needed to be addressed (as you state above) before?
I was curious who was scum hunting and who might comment on this first..and then who would agree after… Trying to find links and connections to people….or on the flip side, see who attacks who and why. As it stands no one did, until I commented on it. I wanted to see how Farside’s view of CK differed from MBF’s (or lack thereof)..also, I was tired of waiting.
Fair enough. The post confused me a little bit so I thought I should ask, for the sake of clarity.

2)
I do NOT support a No Lynch for today. We need as much information as possible going into Day 2, so that we are not stuck making further cases and with minimal concrete evidence. We need a basis from which we can analyze the content of Day 1 in relation to its conclusion, be this in the form of voting patterns, defense (or lack thereof) of the lynched player, and basic content provided. Without a basis to which we can refer, we run the risk of making cases and discussion based solely on speculation, which will only hinder our efforts of scum hunting.

More to come, need to read the latest posts to make sure I am not missing anything.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Geez, look at all the people who get pissed when I vote no lynch. It's almost as if being cautious with our kills is a SIN!
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

MacavityLock wrote:cry, similar to my other question: To your knowledge, did your partner know that you were a duck before you announced so to the thread? That is, did you tell him through night talk, and/or do you think he might have been aware of it via his PM?
No i didn't even talk to him last night. He found out through the thread.

crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

mikeburnfire wrote:
cry wrote:Right now my partner is trying to be active and I wanna talk to him.
So according to you, your partner is male, and was lurking, but is now fairly active. I'm pretty sure I could figure out who it is, thanks to the hints you've dropped.
Um A) I'm the only female in this game, so yeah he's male. And a lot of people fit the "fairly active now was a lurker though" description.

Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by Archon »

No lynches are no fun. I mean, I can see why you like them, but it feels like when a no-lynch happens, the mafia win a little.
Now modding Vengeful Mafia
pronounced ark-on
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by Gorrad »

A no lynch stops the town from using the one power it's nigh-garunteed to have against the scum.
Citizen Karne
Citizen Karne
rossobud
Citizen Karne
rossobud
rossobud

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:56 pm

Post by Citizen Karne »

Been having a busy time lately. I'll post tomorrow.
Games are slowing. No one wants to hammer for fear of a mislynch. MS needs a savior. They look for Rosso to save them, but alas! he is nowhere to be found. So one man will step up and take his mantle. Fear not MS, the hammer cometh!
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:55 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Oh, looks like it's almost time for me to leave. I'll move my vote to Gorrad for now. I don't like how people are voting for the claimed mason on Day 1, and it's worse that Gorrad joined in near the deadline for some arbitrary "neighbor" comment. Plus, he has only recently started giving content. No hard feelings Gorrad. I just think there's a good possibility that you might be scum.

unvote, vote: Gorrad

scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:37 am

Post by scotmany12 »

mikeburnfire wrote:Oh, looks like it's almost time for me to leave. I'll move my vote to Gorrad for now. I don't like how people are voting for the claimed mason on Day 1, and it's worse that Gorrad joined in near the deadline for some arbitrary "neighbor" comment. Plus, he has only recently started giving content. No hard feelings Gorrad. I just think there's a good possibility that you might be scum.

unvote, vote: Gorrad
This is a good post. Seriously though, this is now my only game so I'll be able to be more active from now on.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Geez, big swap from
mikeburnfire wrote:Gorrad, who do you think we should kill? With TSQ gone, you're the person I trust the most right now. Even though you have been eerily low-key all day phase.
Neighbors means, in my experience, that at LEAST one member of the pair is scum. I've yet to see a neighbor pair that didn't have at least one scum member. Masons can have scum members too, but for neighbors it's pretty much garunteed. I'd believe a Mason claim, give it the benefit of the doubt in the face of scummy behavior, etc. But the fact that he claimed neighbor means that in my mind he's a scummy member of a duo that contains at least one scum.

That aside, no offense taken. 'Tis just a game.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Back with laptop.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by Gorrad »

And there was much rejoycing.

Yaaaaaaaay.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by dahill1 »

@gorrad: that's some serious outguessing the mod right there. how do we know that shanba isn't trying to break the meta with this game?
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by Gorrad »

We don't. I know from my own experience that I have yet to see a neighbor pair without at least one anti-town. If anyone HAS seen such a pair, I'd like them to link it ASAP. It's like someone claiming vig/janitor. It's possible, sure, but unlikely and unprecedented.
Citizen Karne
Citizen Karne
rossobud
Citizen Karne
rossobud
rossobud

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:56 pm

Post by Citizen Karne »

I am very sorry I haven't been more involved as of late but school is very hectic right now. I apologize but I don't have time now for anything comprehensive. I'll have to post tomorrow. Again, I'm sorry about this.
Games are slowing. No one wants to hammer for fear of a mislynch. MS needs a savior. They look for Rosso to save them, but alas! he is nowhere to be found. So one man will step up and take his mantle. Fear not MS, the hammer cometh!
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Okay, I accept your explanation Gorrad.

unvote

Seeing as how Crywolf is the only one even close to a lynch with 5 votes, I guess I'll help it along. I'm not stupid enough to lynch just for the sake of lynching, and I hate the idea of lynching a claimed mason on Day 1. But she has acted suspicious, there's no denying that.

vote: CryWolf

We need to quickly consider the alleged mason partner. He hasn't shown himself yet, so he is either (A) unsure of CryWolf's innocence and is willing to let her die or (B) scum who is watching us kill the innocent mason without needing to reveal himself.

Given that CryWolf was so suspicious of her partner, but never directly told us who he was, I have a tendency to believe that if one of them is scum, it's her.

Man, I feel frustrated right now that I'm suddenly suspicious of the one person I've been defending all game. If we kill her and I'm wrong, we just killed a mason. If I'm right, then I'll be under a lot of suspicion tomorrow. Bleh.

Mod: since I'll be gone, I'd like to give my vote to Gorrad, allowing him to change my vote if some new information should come up. Is this allowed? I've seen it before in other games.

scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:41 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

I've never even seen a neighbor pair. Seriously, neighbor could just be flavor. How bout you link to where you seen a neighbor pair, cause I have seriously never seen the term used. And even if what Gorrad says is true, there is no reason to suspect that Cay is mafia over her partner. And if this is the case, we want the other mason to claim before we kill anyone.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:14 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

I thought about that, but there's also the scenario where both are innocent. Which is why I'm not pushing for a second reveal.

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:26 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Gorrad's vote definitely disturbs me. First of all, I definitely think that assuming that neighbor (what I've been calling unconfirmed mason) pairs are suspicious solely due to their neighbor-dom is an outguessing of the mod. I do not think that we should just assume that at least one of the neighbors is scum.

However, given that Gorrad does think that, I think it's very suspicious that he would vote mainly for that reason and then not try to ferret out the other neighbor. If the assumption is that there's at least one is scum there, we would clearly need to know the partner pre-lynch in case Cry flips town. Cry is close enough to lynch that Gorrad really should have been looking into outing the partner if those are his really motives with respect to the neighbors.
FoS: Gorrad

If we do go down the route of lynching Cry, getting a partner claim is something we definitely need to discuss. As an un-partnered neighbor is just about equivalent to a vanilla, I think I'm for it.

As for Cry's lynch, I think her laziness/lurkiness throughout the day have been scummy enough, but some of the votes on her seem odd. dahill, is your case on her focused on the fact that she suggested lynching her partner? Having seen Gorrad and MBF's discussion on the metaphysics of neighbors, does that change your mind at all? I'd also really like to know why RR is voting her (I know he's LA at the moment.)
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:26 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

mikeburnfire wrote:I thought about that, but there's also the scenario where both are innocent. Which is why I'm not pushing for a second reveal.
Then you shouldn't be voting for a claimed mason then.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”