Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:42 am

Post by Empking »

ThAdmiral wrote:
dejkha wrote:He's always like this and I don't think he could change without people walking him through it. Meaning, I don't think it's intention. Why play like he does on purpose when it only helps scum?
It's clearly intention. He's playing like he does because it allows him not to expose too much of himself and therefore it is, as you say, harder to get a read on him, and therefore harder to make a case against him.
I would suspect that this would have developed during his introductory phase in mafia where, as we all would have experienced, he got lynched early and often and so retreated in to this playstyle which acted as something like a defence mechanism. Then it became habit.
I also think he enjoys other peoples annoyed reactions to him, which is his (slightly warped) way of exacting revenge on the people who lynched him early and often during his introductory phase.[/psychoanalysis]

And it doesn't only help scum.
Which ,forgive me if I'm wrong, was you?

Dejhka: Quote three posts you think you made that were there to help the town?
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:46 am

Post by dejkha »

No
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:49 am

Post by Empking »

dejkha wrote:No
I'll take that as a "I can't"
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:12 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

dejkha wrote:Or maybe it's not intention and he's incapable of changing because he's 10 years old or wears a helmet.
I laughed out loud picturing this!
dejkha wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:And it doesn't only help scum.
Yes it does.
Agree to disagree.
dejkha wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:Once again I don't think he will change (and I never said that so I don't know where you are getting this from). However I do think emp actually has some good points from time to time, and I would trust his judgement more in endgame than shinnen.
List the good points he's made so far and why.
Ugh, you're going to make me trawl back through 23 pages! (something i see you're not willing to do)

I'll do it though. I've got a point to prove.
Watch this space.
dejkha wrote:It would be so kickass if you flipped scum.
If I flip town will it change your opinion about empking?
Empking wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:
dejkha wrote:He's always like this and I don't think he could change without people walking him through it. Meaning, I don't think it's intention. Why play like he does on purpose when it only helps scum?
It's clearly intention. He's playing like he does because it allows him not to expose too much of himself and therefore it is, as you say, harder to get a read on him, and therefore harder to make a case against him.
I would suspect that this would have developed during his introductory phase in mafia where, as we all would have experienced, he got lynched early and often and so retreated in to this playstyle which acted as something like a defence mechanism. Then it became habit.
I also think he enjoys other peoples annoyed reactions to him, which is his (slightly warped) way of exacting revenge on the people who lynched him early and often during his introductory phase.[/psychoanalysis]

And it doesn't only help scum.
Which ,forgive me if I'm wrong, was you?
I don't understand what you mean by this.
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:15 am

Post by dejkha »

ThAdmiral wrote:If I flip town will it change your opinion about empking?
No, it'll just change my opinion about you.
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Did ThAdmiral switch to making emotional pleas?
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

I don't know... I think TheAdmiral is trying to hard to defend Emp, while Emp just stays in the back, with his single-phrase answers.

TheAdmiral, I can understand that you want to defend Emp so hard because you might be convinced that really, REALLY deep inside him there's a good player. But, why trying so hard? You're getting yourself in a bad position, as now people may start wondering if you're just scum that is helping a scumbuddy in problems (which, btw, I'm starting to think that as well).
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by hewitt »

I could definitely see a ThAdmiral-Empking scum team with Empking sliding on the backburner for a second to let ThAdmiral kind of save his ass.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:51 pm

I have the picture of Akeelah and the Bee in my mind right now.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Such an act
That blurs the grace and blush of modesty,
Calls virtue hypocrite, takes off the rose
From the fair forehead of an innocent love
And sets a blister there, makes marriage vows
As false as dicers' oaths—oh, such a deed
As from the body of contraction plucks
The very soul, and sweet religion makes
A rhapsody of words. Heaven's face doth glow
O'er this solidity and compound mass
With tristful visage, as against the doom,
Is thought-sick at the act. (
Ham
.3.4.41-52)

Current Vote Count:

Zwetchenwasser -3- (TDC, Dejkha, Grimmy)

Dejkha -2- (Empking, zwetchenwasser)
Empking -2 (Shinnen_no_Me, Sironigous)
Shinnen_no_Me -1- (ThAdmiral)
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Prodding: Grimmy.
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:54 pm

Can someone provide an actual good case on me?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:58 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

dejkha wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:If I flip town will it change your opinion about empking?
No, it'll just change my opinion about you.
In a good way or a bad way?
zwetschenwasser wrote:Did ThAdmiral switch to making emotional pleas?
Where?
Shinnen_no_Me wrote:I don't know... I think TheAdmiral is trying to hard to defend Emp, while Emp just stays in the back, with his single-phrase answers.

TheAdmiral, I can understand that you want to defend Emp so hard because you might be convinced that really, REALLY deep inside him there's a good player. But, why trying so hard? You're getting yourself in a bad position, as now people may start wondering if you're just scum that is helping a scumbuddy in problems (which, btw, I'm starting to think that as well).
I just really don't like it when people use someone's playstyle as a way to lynch them. I think it should be obvious that if someone is playing the same in all the games they are in (as empking obviously is) then they are just as likely to be town/scum as any one else and shouldn't be given prejudiced treatment.
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:06 am

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

I can understand that, TheAd, as I usually don't like policy lynch either. But, what I find strange (and even suspicious) is that you're risking yourself for that.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:12 am

Post by Grimmy »

Quick note:

I dont see Thad's defense of Empking as being a cover up or laying guilt on him.

I see it more of playing the devils advocate, since the only one trying to defend emp was himself, and his one liners werent making much progress.

also, it moves us on from the "empking is playing scummy, but not enough people will vite for him, so we will continue to argue with him about his playstyle" theme that has dominated much of this game.

Zwet:
Noted. Ill get to this later.

Grimmy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:52 am

Post by dejkha »

@Admiral: It depends. I mostly meant good because you'd be town and you actually believe what you say. And bad because... you actually believe what you say =P

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:20 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Shinnen_no_Me wrote:I can understand that, TheAd, as I usually don't like policy lynch either. But, what I find strange (and even suspicious) is that you're risking yourself for that.
Am I?
dejkha wrote:@Admiral: It depends. I mostly meant good because you'd be town and you actually believe what you say. And bad because... you actually believe what you say =P
It's funny because the empking (and other players who are considered bad) issue is coming up in quite a few games I'm in at the moment. I'd have to say you probably hate him the most out of anyone. Is this true?
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:33 am

Post by dejkha »

I'd like to say so. If I made a petition to ban Empking, I wonder how many people would sign it... lol.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:20 am

Post by Empking »

Shin: Why are you trying to threaten ThAd from speaking against policy lynches?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:37 am

Post by TDC »

Shinnen_no_Me wrote:
TDC wrote:
Shinnen_no_Me wrote:Ok, that's your personal opinion, as I have my own. However, if you do have played with Emp before, you should know that he usually doesn't look pro-town. And, it's not only me, almost every other player that has played with him thinks this way. But again, if that's your opinion, I won't be insisting in it any longer.
"Look, my vote looks bad. But people always vote him, so why can't I?"
My vote looks bad? Sorry, but I do find scummy when a player OMGUS-es almost everything, and answers with "it's a scumtell" when someone says something he doesn't agree with. You may find that normal, and pro-town, but I don't.
Entirely besides the point. My point was that you're justifiying your vote with "everyone else does it too!", which is not a good reason at all.

You're getting yourself in a bad position, as now people may start wondering if you're just scum that is helping a scumbuddy in problems (which, btw, I'm starting to think that as well).
I'm not. How was Empking in "problems"?

Why are you trying to link people to Empking?

--

Still waiting for Siro to tell us what Empking panicked about.
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:52 am

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

Empking wrote:Shin: Why are you trying to threaten ThAd from speaking against policy lynches?
If you read well, I'm not threathen him for anything. In fact, I told him that I understand his position against policy lynches because I'm usually against them too. I'm wondering why he's defending you so much.

@TDC: I'm not justifying my vote with "everyone else does it too!" I'm saying that, as me, many people think that Emp is a bad player. But that's my opinion on him as a player. My vote is based on him saying everything is a scumtell. That is not only not helping town, but also distracting us from our true goal: lynch scum.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:57 am

Post by Empking »

Shinnen_no_Me wrote:I don't know... I think TheAdmiral is trying to hard to defend Emp, while Emp just stays in the back, with his single-phrase answers.

This is a threat.

Stop defewnding him or we'll say you two are scum buddies.
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:57 am

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

dejkha wrote:I'd like to say so. If I made a petition to ban Empking, I wonder how many people would sign it... lol.
I would.
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:58 am

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

Empking wrote:

This is a threat.

That's not a threat. I'm asking why he's risking his position by defending you, when you don't seem to care to do that by yourself.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:00 am

Post by Empking »

Shinnen_no_Me wrote:
Empking wrote:

This is a threat.

That's not a threat. I'm asking why he's risking his position by defending you, when you don't seem to care to do that by yourself.
Sounds like one to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”