sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:11 am

Post by sekinj »

I find it believeable because I don't think gateway could come up with it on his own.

I don't think it is as powerful as others think simply because there is so much WIFOM in it. TO be a theme game there has to be some crazy stuff going on... I think trying to outguess the mod is a bad idea.

THe only reason I thought gateway (or getaway as panzer says) was scummy was because of his bad judgement, poorly placed and reasoned votes and his ignorance. I wasn't goign to let that slide. but now that he has claimed I can see that it is for real. he had no concept of what a fake claim was and he didn't even know how to claim his role correctly. If he was trying to pull one over on us, he would have to be doing a better job than this...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:13 am

Post by sekinj »

at this point I would rather lynch myself than gateway. I think his info could help the town.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:15 am

Post by PJ. »

Why are you basing you're reasoning on how dumb someone is? You're assuming that Gateway is a complete tard.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:18 am

Post by PJ. »

EBWOP: Also you should note the fact that he is hiding his experiance level from us by not initially answering the question and not answering it the way he did other day in a diff game. Here's a fitting song for him

"If it was only that easy, Story Teller"
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:20 am

Post by sekinj »

Panzerjager wrote:Why are you basing you're reasoning on how dumb someone is? You're assuming that Gateway is a complete tard.
I woudl prefer to think of it as inexperienced or ignorant... but maybe I'm jsut a nice person :P
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:23 am

Post by molestargazer »

Gateway, you seem to have a nasty habit of ignoring my posts.
First when I voted you:
molestargazer, Post 57 wrote:I'd like you to explain
- Why you're voting for someone who you believe is purely a townie
- Why you denied you were defending Verbosity when you were posting why you thought he was Pro-town
I never received a direct response.

And again in Post 108. No response.
molestargazer, Post 108 wrote:Gateway - There's a lot been said during Page 4. You're seeming to explain things. I understand what you mean about voting for the scummiest 'townie' - but it wasn't the best way to phrase it.
I apologise if you've already answered this, but I wonder, could you please answer this question I posted in Post 57?
I'd like you to explain
- Why you denied you were defending Verbosity when you were posting why you thought he was Pro-town
And once again in Post 119.
molestargazer wrote:Can you please elaborate on this point?

What do you mean 'possible' scum? You mean you get a list of 2 people, and there's a CHANCE that one MIGHT be scum?
I'm assuming you choose said people?
If you choose two townies, one will still display as scum?
It's not doing anything to convince me of your innocence.
Now, onwards through this very fast game.
Gateway wrote:Broken in half, explain?
He said broken AND a half. Meaning he thinks it's very broken.
Sekinj wrote:If gateway's claim was fake, don't you think he would have been a little more anxious to spill it? expecially given his demonstrable lack of mafiascum experience?
I doubt it. I think he knows enough to realise that claiming before necessary it's isn't good no matter who you are.

Also, Verbosity, hope you get better soon.
Sekinj wrote:See? gateway does not even understand the concept of a fakeclaim. If he actually received one in his role PM, i don't think he could play this ignorant.
Disagree again. Scum can lie. Just because he's inexperienced doesn't mean he's stupid. I'm starting to wonder why you're protecting him.

FoS: Sekinj

Sekinj wrote:Disagree. For example: what if someone is cop? it is best to keep that info quiet as long as possible, in the best interests of the town.
That depends on context and the player's role.

I'm really agreeing that this role is too overpowered to be in the game.
Gateway wrote:Or tomorrow I can pop out two names, and we know one is mafia. If both are clearly townies you have me. I don't see how it can be fake
Why do that if you can just kill the scum?

From what I'm reading, Gateway is ignoring A LOT of other people's questions as well as mine, and I really don't like it.
Halfway down Page 7, and right now I'm all for a Gateway lynch.
Gateway wrote:To Az - Tell you what, since I seem to keep missing your questions, address them in bullet form and I'll answer right back. And remember you called the mod a dick if they actually inserted a role like mine
Mine have been in bullet form.
Sekinj wrote:well, in that case, i completely believe gateway!!! who knows was other very powerful role the bad guys have!
I hope you're joking.
Gateway wrote:Or I could report both names like I said, or if I kill a townie on accident the person I report would have to be scum.
Which pretty much guarantees a town win unless there's 4+ scum.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:25 am

Post by sekinj »

@Gateway
-

Please answer me straightly. I believe your claim, but it is important that we all know the extent of your experience. Please answer in your own words, disregarding all prior discussion on this subject.

- What mafia experience do you have?

Please include all experience on mafiascum.net, as well as any other online site, or real life experience.

thank you.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:27 am

Post by sekinj »

i think gateway just skims and does see everything.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:28 am

Post by molestargazer »

I would've thought he'd notice one of my posts out of three, especially when I bolded his name in the second one.
Here's hoping he responds this time round.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:31 am

Post by Spolium »

Panzer wrote:Why are you basing you're reasoning on how dumb someone is? You're assuming that Gateway is a complete tard.
QFT.
sekinj wrote:at this point I would rather lynch myself than gateway. I think his info could help the town.
Yes, if he is telling the truth then it would be a huge boost to town. But what if he's lying? Let's say we allow Gateway to live and he gives us two names on D2:

- The best case scenario is that he names two townies; the town decides to lynch one D2, but cannot prove Gateway is lying until the other is lynched. The other is therefore lynched D3, allowing scum-Gateway and his buddies to reach D4 unharmed.

- The worst case scenario is that he busses a scumbuddy the first or second time. This would validate his claim and allow him to potentially reach D5 unharmed, and the verified townmember could be NK'd by the mafia.

- A more speculative (but entirely worse) possibility is that he is part of a 3-man team and provides the names of BOTH his buddies. One gets bussed, the other is essentially confirmed town and they both ride out the remainder of the game.

I wouldn't be confident in putting him in that position, even if I didn't already consider him scummy. I find your eagerness to do so very odd indeed.
FoS sekinj
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:33 am

Post by PJ. »

I like Spoilum's thinking in the last post
FoS Sekin
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:39 am

Post by sekinj »

Why wouldn't scum kill him tonight? unless we have a doctor, I'm not even thinking he will last through the night. Which brings up the question of if he shoudl pass along the names or take a chance and kill one...

but maybe I'm just gullible...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:49 am

Post by Spolium »

sekinj wrote:Why wouldn't scum kill him tonight?
The lack of NK on a player who has claimed a powerful/controversial role would lead to a total WIFOM mess. I for one would be second guessing him the whole time, and it would probably screw with my read on others as well.

Also,
Spolium wrote:
Gateway, I want to know what you think of molestargazer and Archon.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:54 am

Post by sekinj »

Spolium wrote:
sekinj wrote:Why wouldn't scum kill him tonight?
The lack of NK on a player who has claimed a powerful/controversial role would lead to a total WIFOM mess. I for one would be second guessing him the whole time, and it would probably screw with my read on others as well.
Which is exactly what I said about why i dont' think the role is so powerful. introduce a little wifom, and you cut back a role's power dramatically.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:02 am

Post by Spolium »

Just to be sure I understand, are you saying that the role is feasible because it's questionable enough to be unpersuasive if claimed?
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:07 am

Post by sekinj »

exactly.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:16 am

Post by Gateway »

sekinj wrote:
@Gateway
-

Please answer me straightly. I believe your claim, but it is important that we all know the extent of your experience. Please answer in your own words, disregarding all prior discussion on this subject.

- What mafia experience do you have?

Please include all experience on mafiascum.net, as well as any other online site, or real life experience.

thank you.
Not so much that I skim, but as I said I am still on meds (not strongly now) so I don't like to retype things I feel I have answered. As I am loopy and people try to twist things repeatedly. Or I get asked by one person, answer it and then asked in a different wording by someone else.

My experience is some, I've played smaller games on another forum where I MUD and most make it to seven or eight pages.

And post 57 I have answered none stop. I already said I wasn't defending verbosity. I was saying why, in the post the question was referring to, at that moment in time, I made that vote.

So again, why did I vote for verb. At the time I didn't want to be silent so I sent out a vote where I thought it most likely. If Verb would have been a vote away I would have unvoted until I was more sure. I stated I think everyone is a townie on day one. That is smart thinking to me, sorry but I am sticking to it. You have to vote though so I put pressure where I think it best.

So to post 57 again (answering it in different ways to make sure I hit it this time.)

- I had to put pressure somewhere and I already demonstrated I will unvote one post later if that pressure threatens lynch. My style, deal with it until time and experience gives me another.

- Yes someone claimed I had been defending verb throughout the entire conversation (funny considering I was one of his first voters... repeatedly) and I said I wasn't... because I was voting on them. I was just answering why, at that moment, I had to unvote.
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:17 am

Post by Spolium »

sekinj wrote:exactly.
Couldn't that be said of any unfeasible role?
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:20 am

Post by Gateway »

I saw that this moment I've done my job. Since from my POV I can see better who's accusations are more baseless and who's are based on lies, make your lynch but know that Panzer has straight lied and I know it to be a lie and I have pointed it out.

And MafiaSSK has made it a point to try and be quiet, but I know them to be after me as well.

If you are unsure where to vote tomorrow, make a charity vote day two for me on
Panzerjager or MSSK
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:22 am

Post by Gateway »

Again remember. Hitman, and Az called the mod a dick :)
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:22 am

Post by sekinj »

Spolium wrote:
sekinj wrote:exactly.
Couldn't that be said of any unfeasible role?
Yes. Depending on the role, how it plays out, and what confirmation the mod gives. If we just have to take gate's word for the two players, then that is in doubt. If the mod annouces the two players to the whole town, that's completely different.

As an example just think of a mod confirmed mason and a non-comfirmed mason. One introduces wifom, therefore is much less powerful than the other.

I, for one, expect weird roles in a theme game...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:22 am

Post by Spolium »

Gateway wrote:My experience is some, I've played smaller games on another forum where I MUD and most make it to seven or eight pages.
What variety of roles were present on games there? Was there much experimentation with strange roles?
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:23 am

Post by sekinj »

Gateway wrote:Again remember. Hitman, and Az called the mod a dick :)
we get it. you can settle now.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:23 am

Post by sekinj »

Spolium wrote:
Gateway wrote:My experience is some, I've played smaller games on another forum where I MUD and most make it to seven or eight pages.
What variety of roles were present on games there? Was there much experimentation with strange roles?
can you link to that site?
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:25 am

Post by PJ. »

It's only questionable in this situation. I'm not sure how much modding experiance you have but when designing/using roles you should also was think "What if a REALLY good player gets this role". Dude, commonly Un-NKable roles have been deemed broken(even in theme games) because if a good enough player gets the role, then him being so difficult to lynch and immune to NK makes it too broken. So think if a simple un-NKable role in which you get no info is broken, imagine a role in which you get the name of a scum every night.

Hypothetically, had Gateway not had to claim and got to use his role, he could have killed one and then claimed Day 2 with news that he had confirmed the alignment of a player. Basically, if he claimed in a better position we would of followed him and if he really had this role, he'd have pretty much all the scum caught..

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”