War in Heaven II - Spirit of Vengeance (Over!)

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:15 am

Post by The Fonz »

No.

It would be individually giving up your hurt for 24hrs at a time, so that any player who hurt unilaterally would be similarly hurt. (obviously, if someone actually needs to hurt, we move onto the next enforcer on the list).
Giuseppe
Giuseppe
Goon
Giuseppe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:18 am

Post by Giuseppe »

So, who do we elect to give up the hurt first?
Just type Giu.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:20 am

Post by Firestarter »

The Fonz wrote:No.

It would be individually giving up your hurt for 24hrs at a time, so that any player who hurt unilaterally would be similarly hurt. (obviously, if someone actually needs to hurt, we move onto the next enforcer on the list).
Anyone stepping outside a boundry after it has been enforced, in my eyes, is anti-town.

For the alternate suggestion to work, we need everyone to commit to a 24 hour watch, and that they will go ahead with the said counter-hurt.

If we can get all active players to agree, fine.

# Albert B. Rampage
# Drench Firestarter
# DrippingGoofball
# Giuseppe
# Nuwen
# populartajo
# q21
# roflcopter
# Seraphim
# Tenchi
# The Fonz
# vIQleS
# WeyounsLastClone
# Xylthixlm
# zwetschenwasser

What about players currently under high suspicion??
('') (':') ('')
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:21 am

Post by The Fonz »

Well, I'm fully charged, and don't particularly like any of the viable wagons. So I'll go first. Please type /in to enforce if wishing to be added to the rota.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:21 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Firestarter wrote:Are you objecting to having a stance on the unilateral hurts/heals DGB?
I don't think unsupported hurts/heals are that much of a problem. To enforce it with death would removes flexibility in our play, slow us down, etc. I think it should be a case-by-case basis. No unsupported actions should be a guideline, not some rule blindly enforced with an iron fist.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:22 am

Post by Tenchi »

Now this worries me. Can't just we all just behave and be accountable for our hurts? If Townies are irresposnisible enough to hurt people without proper discussion, opinion from others and rebuttal etc. I feel that it will just spread out the hurts.
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:23 am

Post by The Fonz »

Firestarter wrote:

Anyone stepping outside a boundry after it has been enforced, in my eyes, is anti-town.

For the alternate suggestion to work, we need everyone to commit to a 24 hour watch, and that they will go ahead with the said counter-hurt.

If we can get all active players to agree, fine.

# Albert B. Rampage
# Drench Firestarter
# DrippingGoofball
# Giuseppe
# Nuwen
# populartajo
# q21
# roflcopter
# Seraphim
# Tenchi
# The Fonz
# vIQleS
# WeyounsLastClone
# Xylthixlm
# zwetschenwasser

What about players currently under high suspicion??
We don't need all active players. Five or six is probably enough.
Giuseppe
Giuseppe
Goon
Giuseppe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:24 am

Post by Giuseppe »

I have to say, I find DGB's idea a bit better in a perfect world, but it's a bit idealistic. I think if we could get a group of people who present the CounterHurt unit, then we could leave the rest of the town to their devises.

Maybe, say, three or four people who would dedicate their hurts to dealing with unilateral action?
Just type Giu.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:24 am

Tenchi wrote:I feel that it will just spread out the hurts.
That, too.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Firestarter »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Firestarter wrote:Are you objecting to having a stance on the unilateral hurts/heals DGB?
I don't think unsupported hurts/heals are that much of a problem. To enforce it with death would removes flexibility in our play, slow us down, etc. I think it should be a case-by-case basis. No unsupported actions should be a guideline, not some rule blindly enforced with an iron fist.
They may not seem to be a problem, but especially with unsupported hurts, they WILL BE the longer the game goes on.
Particularly if no heals are offered up.
If we have some sort of system in place, its entirely better than whats there at the moment... zilch..
The Fonz wrote:Well, I'm fully charged, and don't particularly like any of the viable wagons. So I'll go first. Please type /in to enforce if wishing to be added to the rota.
/in
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:25 am

Post by vIQleS »

The Fonz wrote:Ah, I've had an idea. Designate a specific player as designated enforcer, on a 24 hr rota. That player may not harm or heal of their own volition, but will be required to enforce the hurting without support rule (not needing support). If they break it, everyone else in the scheme masshurts, no questions asked.

We don't even need full compliance for this, as long as there's enough partaking to defend the system.
I think it's a bit late to be coming up with new complicated plans...

I think the best way may be to just carry on - but insisting on (3?) intents before hurting... Even this I'm not sure about because it still seems easy for scum to manipulate the system...

--==--

I'll support (and participate in) a WLC or ABR hurt.

As soon as my watch expires, I'll be hurting whoever has the most support... (least? you know what I mean...)

--===--

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Xyl and Rofl are not both scum. It is possible that they are both town, but I've had them both on my scum list since very early on.

Given that - how likely is it that rofl is scum? if he kills Xyl on his own (and X flips town), then he must know that he'll be killed immediately. Is it worth it to scum at the moment to sacrifice 1 scum for 1 town?

Based on this logic (comments appreciated), Xyl is more likely to be scum.
Show
[size=75]
[b]Edith:[/b] You could respect my faith, that's all I'm asking...

[b]Cassanova:[/b] I'd rather challange it to the bone!

[color=red](Click [url=http://viqles.myminicity.com/]here[/url] to save the dying orphans...)[/color]
[/size]
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:25 am

Giuseppe wrote:I have to say, I find DGB's idea a bit better in a perfect world, but it's a bit idealistic. I think if we could get a group of people who present the CounterHurt unit, then we could leave the rest of the town to their devises.

Maybe, say, three or four people who would dedicate their hurts to dealing with unilateral action?
Idealistic? Has it been that much of a problem in practice?

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:26 am

Post by The Fonz »

Tenchi wrote:

Now this worries me. Can't just we all just behave and be accountable for our hurts? If Townies are irresposnisible enough to hurt people without proper discussion, opinion from others and rebuttal etc. I feel that it will just spread out the hurts.
If townies are irresponsible enough to do that, it will spread out the hurts. It's a deterrent.
Giuseppe wrote:I have to say, I find DGB's idea a bit better in a perfect world, but it's a bit idealistic. I think if we could get a group of people who present the CounterHurt unit, then we could leave the rest of the town to their devises.

Not just- that's an excuse for noncontribution. If we can get enough people that you're only giving up one day a week though, it works.
Giuseppe
Giuseppe
Goon
Giuseppe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Giuseppe »

Look at how low Xyl got. Rofl could have killed him, or the scum could have rage dumped on him. It's an action that needs to be discouraged, with at least a little threat of consequences.
Just type Giu.
Giuseppe
Giuseppe
Goon
Giuseppe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:27 am

Post by Giuseppe »

Well, I suppose I'll go /in on Fons in plan. I think it'll work better once we see it in action.

That said, we need 5 more people.
Just type Giu.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Firestarter »

Currently we seem to have set 3 players to support a Hurt.
If someone violates this, then they recieve a counter hurt from the assigned counter hurt unit.

If the nominated Counter Hurt Player fails in his duty, or hurts/heals elsewhere, then they should be open to punishment.

Im off for the evening guys, grabbing some popcorn and watching the truman Show.

Ciao for now...
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:29 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:30 am

Post by The Fonz »

Right, firestarter. You're on after me, so don't hurt in the seven or so hours between becoming able to hurt and going on duty.
Giuseppe
Giuseppe
Goon
Giuseppe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Giuseppe »

And I'll be after Firestarter? Alright, that gives me another 48 hours, meaning another action for me. Probably going to hurt ABR.
Just type Giu.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Tenchi »

The Fonz wrote:
Tenchi wrote:

If townies are irresponsible enough to do that, it will spread out the hurts. It's a deterrent.
Well, I'd rather go for "Townies" who are apparently leading us to a series of Townie lynches, especially with crappy reasons drawn from one or two circumstancial reasons.

I suggest we continue the review of the last few Townie wagons and the Shinnen case and see what we get there.
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:35 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Full disclosure: I broke the support rule on Drench. I'm trying not to make a habit of it.

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:36 am

Post by The Fonz »

No-one's proposing we stop scumhunting, dude. Just that i will not be using my hurt until this time tomorrow, unless someone lone wolfs it.

@ Xyl: weren't you the one bitching about rofl 'single-handedly' putting you in rage range?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:37 am

Post by The Fonz »

Giuseppe wrote:And I'll be after Firestarter? Alright, that gives me another 48 hours, meaning another action for me. Probably going to hurt ABR.
Yep. Use it. (Within the restrictions laid out).

Anyone going to join us? Could do with 2-3 more enforcers.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:38 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

I don't see why reserve actions. Just use your next recharge.

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:41 am

Post by The Fonz »

I feel instant reprisal will be more effective and visible.

(I don't really have a problem with a guy starting duty with, say, four hours before he can hurt. But I'm not going to leave it 24).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”