Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by Crazy »

Tajo wrote:Why would scum ask us something like that?
It only makes sense from a townie point of view wanting to increase the odds for his team or from a really calculating scum that could predict my reaction to it. Knowing afatchic, you already know what possibility Im discarding.
I want to love your reasoning on your defense of afatchic, Tajo, because that's just the type of stuff I love about mafia, but I can't. Logic like that only applies if what the subject did is generally considered
scummy
. Talking about your vig target would generally be considered neutral or slightly pro-town, and looking pro-town is something
every
scum tries to do, so I don't see why you're placing afatchic as not capable of doing that.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by populartajo »

Crazy wrote:
Tajo wrote:Why would scum ask us something like that?
It only makes sense from a townie point of view wanting to increase the odds for his team or from a really calculating scum that could predict my reaction to it. Knowing afatchic, you already know what possibility Im discarding.
I want to love your reasoning on your defense of afatchic, Tajo, because that's just the type of stuff I love about mafia, but I can't. Logic like that only applies if what the subject did is generally considered
scummy
. Talking about your vig target would generally be considered neutral or slightly pro-town, and looking pro-town is something
every
scum tries to do, so I don't see why you're placing afatchic as not capable of doing that.
Im really having a hard time imagining afatchic doing that to "look" pro-town.
Lets play a little game.
What do you think is more probable?
a) Afatchic is town and asks us for a vig-target so he can maximize his odds of winning by asking others' opinions.
b) Afatchic is scum and instead of trying a defense he asks us for a vig-target to try to "look" protown.
Dont get me wrong. Afatchic could have done that as scum. The odds are low, though. Do you disagree?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by Plum »

Juls wrote:EBWOP
Mod: Can we get a prod on afatchic.
He hasn't posted since saturday and he is kinda 1/5 of this game so his input is necessary.
Absolutely.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by Crazy »

Tajo wrote: Im really having a hard time imagining afatchic doing that to "look" pro-town.
Lets play a little game.
a) Afatchic is town and asks us for a vig-target so he can maximize his odds of winning by asking others' opinions.
b) Afatchic is scum and instead of trying a defense he asks us for a vig-target to try to "look" protown.
Dont get me wrong. Afatchic could have done that as scum. The odds are low, though. Do you disagree?
Yes, I do. That's not tough WIFOM there, that's not a gambit, it's a simple do-this-because-it's-what-you-would-do-if-you-were-town. People can grasp something that simple in their first newbie game. If you're scum, try to look like town. You insisting afatchic is town based on that is completely ridiculous!
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by populartajo »

Crazy wrote:
Tajo wrote: Im really having a hard time imagining afatchic doing that to "look" pro-town.
Lets play a little game.
Yes, I do. That's not tough WIFOM there, that's not a gambit, it's a simple do-this-because-it's-what-you-would-do-if-you-were-town. People can grasp something that simple in their first newbie game. If you're scum, try to look like town. You insisting afatchic is town based on that is completely ridiculous!
So you think he is scum?
Call me Tajo.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by Juls »

These are the connections I see between afatchic and populartajo

-Tajo's votes afatchic in RVS then confirms his vote on him. Then afatchic gives rationale about being fearful that tajo would have been lynched in the first couple of posts. Tajo accepts this and moves on.

-Beginning with post 32, tajo is finished looking at afatchic as possible scum. Done. Post

-Beginning in post 49 tajo begins making excuses for afatchic.

-Post 82 afatchic declares tajo as pro-town.

-Post 86 afatchic says that tajo is scum-hunting.

-Post 90 afatchic says yet again tajo is protown

-Post 132: tajo says Afatchic is obvtown.

-Post 142: tajo defends afatchic suggesting it is not possible for him to have a master plan as scum because he is townie playing poorly. @tajo: I don't see it as a master plan at all...I see afatchic as scum playing poorly.

Various questions/comments directed at Tajo

In post 35 you said "I'm waiting for Slicey for next question". Did that next question ever come? I may have missed it?

In post 162 you say that "in the majority of my games there are town players playing poorly that become easy targets for scum, at least for one post". You are saying that but you are basing your whole case that afatchic is town on one post where he asks who he should vig. A total of one posts! You did the same thing on War in Heaven with Cybele. The only thing that I get from this is a meta from you that all someone has to do is say something very pro-town early in the game and you are done looking at them.

Analysis of afatchic's town game that tajo wanted me to read

This is the stuff I get from that game:
1) He tried to pull a town gambit. He put gecko @ L-1 to see if he would try to force a counter claim from one of the power roles. It was a good thought but poorly executed. I actually have more respect for afatchic based on this and I honestly think it weakens tajo's argument that afatchic is just a terrible player. So I

2) He has outbursts as town. That gives afatchic a minor townpoint since he had a little outburst in this game too.

3) Scumhunting. This gives afatchic big fat scumpoints in this game. He has yet to scum hunt. Period. My biggest reason for suspecting him. He at least scumhunted in that game. Show me where he has done it in this game? Again, tajo's argument that afatchic is town playing poorly is weakened.

Responses to tajo's post 202
Can you read any game he plays as town, specially the ones I played with him?
Done.
I appreciate your effort but you dont have a case other than null-tells and things you consider scummy but that in my experience arent exact indicatives od scum
Do you realize that you are asking me to ignore what I find suspicious and only look at what you find suspicious?
Have you ever been in a wagon of a townie playing poorly before?
Yes. I am not sure I see the point?
Could be the questions I made at the beginning, couldnt be?
Your questions were about experience and how someone scum-hunts. Those could have been just as easily made by scum.
Like you are doing?
I'm not dismissing your points, I just disagree with you and have been showing counter example after counter example. In mathematics (which I am minoring in) you cannot make a proof by
n
number of examples that show it to be true but you can disprove by giving 1 counter example. I have given way more than that. I understand this is not mathematics but you get the analogy I hope.

Responses to tajo's post 209

I usually play that way and you and Crazy have an idea how I play as town. If I think someone is town (even worse, if I peg him as town playing poorly) then its very probable that there is scum in the attacks. Doesnt this make sense to you?
Have you ever been wrong?
There is not the possibility of me town preventing a potential mislynch of someone I think its town?
Of course, there IS the possibility but I see a lot of connections between you two and its hard to ignore them.

Responses to tajo's post 211
If I am right about her he made the typical scum mistake of going against the easy target, all-attack mode.
Read my masonry game (link in my wiki)...I went all attack mode on a townie as a townie. This is how I play when I feel strongly about someone. If you want to know how I play as townie, Artem has played with me as townie in my newbie game. I did the same thing there. I went all attack mode on not one but TWO townies. Sometimes I miss, sometimes I hit.

Analysis of Crazy

Crazy has a trend of backing off arguments when pushed a little. In Post 51 he starts down a line of questioning with Artem then in post 55 he changes his mind and stops. Another instance is when in Post 117 he changes his vote to afatchic after Artem and I pressure him for having it on tajo and keeping him at L-1. Somewhat akin to that is when he says he thinks Artem and I are a scumteam in Post 183 and then never really goes anywhere with it. It seems as if he may have been testing the water a bit to see if anyone would bite.

Although I get town vibes from Crazy for the following posts:
-Post 88: points out that afatchic was previously concerned with quick lynching but now is complaining about people not voting.

-Post 119: Points out and questions why afatchic thinks tajo is protown.

@Crazy: In post 98 you were on board with an afatchic/tajo scum team...what has happened to change your mind?

Regarding my views on Artem.

I have been asked a couple times why I believe Artem is town. The following posts give me a strong townie vibe from him:

Post 37 - Calls tajo on asking questions without providing analysis of his answers.

Post 61 - Townie explanation of why he voted afatchic then later unvoted him.

Post 95 - solid analysis of what afatchic and tajo is saying/doing especially regarding the vig threats.

Post 169 - Excellent catch of a potential tajo scum-slip.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by Juls »

EBWOP
vote: tajo

I forgot to add this. My vote will be to lynch tajo or afatchic today unless something else super scummy comes up. I am really tired of trying to convince someone I think is scum of my beliefs. It's futile.
Juls
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:33 am

Post by populartajo »

We disagree, Juls. You think afatchic is scum. Why the hell are you voting for me, then?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:33 am

Post by populartajo »

Ill give an answer to your wallotext later.
Call me Tajo.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:31 am

Post by Artem »

Juls wrote: I am really tired of trying to convince someone I think is scum of my beliefs. It's futile.
Agreed. With all these walls of text, not a lot changes for me, except that after reading the detective work on afatchic, I'm less convinced of him being a townie.

I think we should make a move for a lynch. Can everybody post their updated suspicions and who they would viggie if they got lynched?

I still suspect Tajo with afatchic/Crazy. I will viggie Tajo if lynched.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:36 am

Post by Artem »

Juls: Do you still think afatchic is more likely the GF, because of tajo's attitude towards him?
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Juls »

I lean that way, yes, but I know you aren't quiet as sure if it's afatchic or Crazy as the other. That is why I am voting tajo. I would gladly lynch either of them today.
Juls
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:27 am

Post by Plum »

Sorry, I was out yesterday, or you'd probably have gotten this sooner: Afatchic hasn't picked up his prod and the replacement search is starting. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Vote Count 08

afatchic - 0 - (none)
Artem - 0 - (none)
Crazy - 1 - (afatchic)
populartajo - 2 - (Artem, Juls)
Juls - 1 - (populartajo)

Not Voting - 1 - Crazy

With five players alive, it'll take three players to knock someone off the playhouse.

:twisted:

Major AWESOME Edit: Empking replaces afatchic, effective immediately.
Kudos and cookies to him! Have fun!
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:32 am

Post by Empking »

Unvote

Will read the thread. Any questions, ask them.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Crazy »

Tajo wrote:So you think he is scum?
My point isn't to attack him. My point is to prove that your "townpoints" on him are
just loaded WIFOM. That doesn't count against him; that counts against
you
Juls wrote:Crazy has a trend of backing off arguments when pushed a little. In Post 51 he starts down a line of questioning with Artem then in post 55 he changes his mind and stops. Another instance is when in Post 117 he changes his vote to afatchic after Artem and I pressure him for having it on tajo and keeping him at L-1. Somewhat akin to that is when he says he thinks Artem and I are a scumteam in Post 183 and then never really goes anywhere with it. It seems as if he may have been testing the water a bit to see if anyone would bite.
In post 55 I clarified a misunderstanding... what's wrong with that?

Before Post 117 I was just being stubborn... there was no real point in me keeping my vote on Tajo then.

I clarified why I think you/Artem could be a scumteam a little later... probably not as much as I would have liked... but certainly you can see that you both seem to agree on
everything.

And hello Empking.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by populartajo »

Crazy wrote:
Tajo wrote:So you think he is scum?
My point isn't to attack him. My point is to prove that your "townpoints" on him are
just loaded WIFOM. That doesn't count against him; that counts against
you
So you think he is town or scum? Please specify.
About me, why posting in thread that I think someone is town counts against me? We disagree in our points of view, anything else?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by populartajo »

Empking wrote:
Unvote

Will read the thread. Any questions, ask them.
Have you finished already?
Good job finding the perfect replacement, Plum. Sigh.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by populartajo »

Juls wrote:I lean that way, yes, but I know you aren't quiet as sure if it's afatchic or Crazy as the other. That is why I am voting tajo. I would gladly lynch either of them today.
Wait. How does this work? Why EXACTLY are you voting me?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by populartajo »

Juls wrote:In post 162 you say that "in the majority of my games there are town players playing poorly that become easy targets for scum, at least for one post". You are saying that but you are basing your whole case that afatchic is town on one post where he asks who he should vig. A total of one posts! You did the same thing on War in Heaven with Cybele. The only thing that I get from this is a meta from you that all someone has to do is say something very pro-town early in the game and you are done looking at them.
Its not only one post. Please read my post where I explained why I thought afatchic was prob town.
Also, Im not totally discounting the possiblity of afatchic being scum. The thing is until now, afatchic hasnt given me any reason to think that. Empking's new point of view could or could not confirm my theory.
About the War in Heaven game, Cybele was town or scum? Was I town or scum? Really, cant you see the analogies?
Juls wrote:It was a good thought but poorly executed. I actually have more respect for afatchic based on this and I honestly think it weakens tajo's argument that afatchic is just a terrible player.
POORLY EXECUTED. How does that dont make him a terrible player?
Juls wrote:3) Scumhunting. This gives afatchic big fat scumpoints in this game. He has yet to scum hunt. Period. My biggest reason for suspecting him. He at least scumhunted in that game. Show me where he has done it in this game?
He has but he has done it poorly. Ill let you search that. Specially the parts where you say that he is weakly accusing people in this game. Could it be poor scumhunting?
Juls wrote:Have you ever been wrong?
Yes, you?
Juls wrote:Of course, there IS the possibility but I see a lot of connections between you two and its hard to ignore them.
Yeah, what about connections of someone that thinks someone is town (he could be right or wrong). You are not thinking pro-town. You just want someone else than you lynched.
Juls wrote:Read my masonry game (link in my wiki)...I went all attack mode on a townie as a townie. This is how I play when I feel strongly about someone. If you want to know how I play as townie, Artem has played with me as townie in my newbie game. I did the same thing there. I went all attack mode on not one but TWO townies. Sometimes I miss, sometimes I hit.
Hint hint: you could also be wrong this time. Specially knowing this, if I were you, Id be extremely careful since you have been wrong many times. How do you play as scum?
Juls wrote:Regarding my views on Artem.
I have been asked a couple times why I believe Artem is town. The following posts give me a strong townie vibe from him:
Post 37 - Calls tajo on asking questions without providing analysis of his answers.
Post 61 - Townie explanation of why he voted afatchic then later unvoted him.
Post 95 - solid analysis of what afatchic and tajo is saying/doing especially regarding the vig threats.
Post 169 -
Excellent catch of a potential tajo scum-slip
What slip are you talking about? Why are you buddying to someone for such weak reasons? Same question to Artem.
Call me Tajo.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:01 pm

Post by Empking »

Mod:
Can you fix the player list?

Artem: Artem appears to be solidly contributing in a pro-town manner and I don't think he's lurked yet. I don't fremember him comitting a scum tell.
Juls: She's seems to be contributing well but her OMGUS-like behaviour and distracting the town by talking about another unrelated game is scummy.
Pop: Pop seems to be going a way that at first glance only makes sense if he's town (from my point of view), that bit of WIFOM doesn't take away the scummy thing he's done.
Crazy: I have read the whole game just a couple of minutes ago and I don't remember a single thing he's done save say hello to me. It looks like he's flying under the radar in a scum-like manner.

Vote: Crazy
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:45 am

Post by Juls »

Empking wrote:Juls: She's seems to be contributing well but her OMGUS-like behaviour and distracting the town by talking about another unrelated game is scummy.
please tell me where I am OMGUSing? And I can totally see how you read the thread because me discussing another game was REQUESTED of me by pop. He asked me to read a game of afatchic's to see how he played as town.
Juls
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:49 am

Post by Artem »

Crazy wrote: I clarified why I think you/Artem could be a scumteam a little later... probably not as much as I would have liked... but certainly you can see that you both seem to agree on everything.
Because in Vengeful, it's just as important to be town-hunting as it is scum-hunting and I feel that I found one of the other townies.

By the way, a question for Tajo, Empking and Crazy: what do you think of me and Juls as a pair? Are we scum together, townies together, or of the opposite alignment?

(I think Crazy views us as a scum pair, not sure about the other two.)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:59 am

Post by Empking »

Juls: This was the game I was talking about and I remember thinking that one of your votes was OMGUS-like but I might have been wrong.
Juls wrote:
afatchic wrote:i have played a couple days with her in another game, didn't like her there, played a few days with her here, don't like her here. so its a mixture between thinking she's scum, and just can't stand her...
Fact: you were in my other game for
1 day
Ort: I don't think you're scum so oppisite alignments is most likely.

Everyone; Is their a player that the town agrees are very likely town?
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:17 am

Post by Artem »

Empking wrote: Everyone; Is their a player that the town agrees are very likely town?
Don't think so. Everybody has some suspicion from somebody.

Everybody does suspect Crazy in some shape or form, though.
Empking wrote: Pop: Pop seems to be going a way that at first glance only makes sense if he's town (from my point of view), that bit of WIFOM doesn't take away the scummy thing he's done.
What are the scummy things he's done?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:21 am

Post by Empking »

Sorry, I think Juls and Artem are both town.

Pop with his lurking and it looks like he was trying to buddy up to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”